The Minds Eye sleeps in the Aether: [Open] Sam 28 GT

Moderator: Mods

Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

Turelie Otholio wrote:Hey, sorry guys, I should have check with you all before I wrote it in, but the 'dematerialising' probably overpowered the character so could we edit it out? Also sorry that I'm not able to write as frequent or in-depth posts as the rest of you... time is a bit of an issue...

ooc: But I had already thought up some cool uses for it though! I think the lack of opposible thumbs justifies it right? Maybe if it was limited to only inatimate objects and adequate concentration? Like if you were surrounded by enemies, you couldn't just go through flesh and bone?

But it's your call Lio ;)

Don't worry too much about the posting thing. Hey, I was swamped today by Captain of the Hyperposting-er-um I mean Emerald Guard.

(soo joking Dray!)
Last edited by Talanwei Fortisse on Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Niamh Windwalker
Civus

Post by Niamh Windwalker »

OOC: No problem, I already gave you permission to reflect on Niamh's presence during previous 'encounters'. ;) I'm just mentioning this so the others know too. Hehe. - Please let us know if you need us to slow down, I don't want to hijack something you've begun!

Lio, I'll go with the majority on the dematerializing thing, though I think you're skilled enough not to need it. :)

"I have prayed for Ursa's blessing. If we request the hands of our gods upon us, we succeed. Even against what you call the Nether." To the intellectual, Niamh's bald statement might seem naive, but the plain conviction in her simple words seemed to accurately depict her feelings. To her, demons did not seem worse than the wizard - the possessed figure had been slain while one could slay neither rock nor wind unless they reached the wizard himself. Her head tilted matter-of-factly, a glimmer of light stretching to reach into the darkness of her hood for a brief moment illuminating the pale skin of a cheek before it dipped once more and she settled back against the mast, crouching on her heels as she listened. To her, that would have been strategy enough. Pray, assess the situation, and move in. After her time with the Paladin, however, she had learned his cautious, thoughtful nature - of how he methodically picked over a problem like a buzzard might clean the bones of a corpse. Her usual responses were silent nods, the occasional word, and random grunts of acknowledgement.

Her input had been given, until action had been decided, she settled back to observe.
Last edited by Niamh Windwalker on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

OOC: Sorry to interrupt again, is it okay with everyone if I run with the dematerialising ability or some sort of compromise? If you could PM me and let me know it would be great, please...

Now I have two patients to see and an essay to write so I probably won't be able to post again till monday.

Sorrysorrysorryhopeitdoesn'tslowyoudowntoomuch.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

" I have killed a young wizard before.... possessed by a demon, or or rather they worked together....it was a strange situation. It is very likely the demon inhabits the wizards soul, possibly a spiritual essense flows in the mages physical body.... it could be any number of things. I am learning that the limits to which a demon will try to enter our world have few restrictions. ", all of this troubled Ashtallion, yet he tried not to let it show, putting on a mask of calculating thought.

As Dray asked about the arrow head, Ashts' eyes widened slightly at the sight of the blood on it, flowing from Drays hand. The mages eyes fixed on his fellow adhiel for a moment before he moved forward to stand before the arrow. Both hands rose to either side of it even as he spoke, " Blood is life force, life force is energy, energy is the wizards tool. Bound in blood, sacrificed freely, tied to another world..... light and heat, faith and heart. ", as he spoke a bright glow formed between his outstretched and cupped hands, the arrowhead itself blazed fiercely also. " Light to pierce a heart of shadows, to shatter the bonds of hate and corruption. "

He chanted several words of chaining, binding the light energy to the blood that seeped into the arrowhead. The words of sorcery were slippery and sounded odd to hear. Ceasing his chant, Asht blew a soft breath across the arrowhead as Dray held it, a tingling sensation would sweep up his arm, but it caused no discomfort. " And with the breath of a sorcerer, will the arrow by fast and true.... "

Standing back, he shook his head, " There are elements of light, force and wind in the arrowhead...... do not ask me if it will be effective, the last time I tried to enchant an object I nearly tore my mind apart with the binding..... this is different, but still, I have little experience in the Art of Enchantment. Like I said....creativity. ", he shrugged, looking a little more tired than before. " And Dray, be careful how you spill your blood. Alone it may seem harmless, but blood is a powerfully potent form of energy.... it can heighten weavings, making them stronger and longer lasting. I tied the energies to the blood you shed... someone else could have just as easily used your blood against you. But you are no fool, so I know you will always use your best judgement. "
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

For a briefest moment Gavin doubted Draydis' word, but when he mentioned backing it up, he realized it was a joke. Hand going to the hilt, he took a step forward with a menacing look on his face. It was only when the adhiel laughed, that he lowered his hand and smiled. "Trying to get your head loped off I see. Silly adhiel." It was the sound of Niamh's descent that drew Gavin's attention. On instinct hand went to the sword, but relaxed when the newcomer stopped. It still lingered near, for a flicker or two, a gruff nod all the greeting the hooded arrival got. Only then did his hand go down to rest at his side. The Dortman had to force his muscles to relax, as he was tense in the presence of so many strangers.

The others spoke too much of revenge. He knew revenge and he knew it was always accompanied by anger. Anger could be a useful tool, but only if used with care. Otherwise it only got in the way. Even Draydis fell under its sway. Thus, Gavin chose to be silent, letting the others talk and plot, waiting for them to exhaust their ideas, before offering a piece of his mind. They spoke of enchanting weapons and fighting with magicks and once more Gavin was reminded why he hated the mages. Cheating bastards. Tearing reality asunder to make it suit their needs. Generally he felt uneasy around mages and their ilk, and Ashtalion was one of the rare exception to that rule. He considered magick unnecessary and dangerous and avoided it as much as he could.

It was time for him to step forth. But, first there was something he needed to address. "Dray, quit hurting yourself. Pain is a good way to focus anger, but think about it. Wounds will heal, but remember that we may not have a choice of when we fight. Be prepared and guard your rage. It can be a powerful tool. I know it can. I use it all the time." Turning to the three strangers he sought to introduce himself. "My name is Gavin Tylvan. I come from Islay, but I have traveled quite a bit. I am a bounty hunter and a warrior. Someone has offered a large bounty on Vascillius. Eight hundred gold Crowns. I aim to collect it. But....." He paused for a flicker, looking all the others in the eyes. ".....know one thing, I may be in this for the money, but that is only part of it. Even if it were only for the money, once I accept a contract I carry it out. No matter how much I stand to gain if I don't. But, I have followed Vascillius across the isles. I have seen his work. And I know what he is doing."

Scowling he remembered his past and tried to put a tale together. "I have fought demons before. Mages too. I lack a good portion of my original skin thanks to that. One thing to know is that they both can be killed with steel. At least those I encountered. Magick has limits and unless the mage knows you are coming and is prepared, you have a few flickers to finish him off. Same goes for demons. My strength lies in my sword. And I am good at finding people. Real good at that. And I am as stubborn as Hell. Not sure if that is good or bad. Either way, you can count on me. I don't do magick, but I can cleave a man in half with a single stroke. That counts as something I hope. As for what I know.... Well, I can help a bit. Deep in Le Bois de Noir, there is supposed to be a place he is supposed to live at. People I questioned have not been able to tell me much. Seems like all they know is that it exists and that he is there. I have a way of talking with people. Information seems to find me of its own accord. I was hoping I could use what little I learned to locate this place and formulate a plan once I got there. Even a mage must sleep. A late night visit might be just the thing."
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

OOC: Sorry about the posting rates. :P I'll be much slower until next Thursday or so, as the bar exam is on Tuesday and Wednesday and then I have to leave town for a board meeting on Thursday.

OOC Part Deux: ...and it's Commander of the hyper posting...er Emerald Guard! LOL :P :P :lol: :lol:

IC:

Dray watched as Ashtallion worked his magic on the arrowhead. He listened intently at the advice given afterwards. "Aye, my friend...I will be careful. It was a tradition with my tribe to swear a blood oath when one did wrong against us. Perhaps it is a tradition I leave behind with the tribe."

Draydis then acknowledged the words that Gavin spoke. "I have fought many battles against the orcs of Le Bois de Noir. I have experience in travelling those woods, so perhaps between the two of us, we can find a way to approach his location without being noticed. I agree...stealth is our best option. If he knows we are coming, we're dead already." Dray looked to the others for a moment and then back at Gavin. "In your case, my friend, I would add that you also have heart." He looked to the others. "I can speak on behalf of Ashtallion and Gavin...if either of them are guarding your back, consider it safer than if you were doing the job yourself."

He studied the arrowhead for a moment and then looked to the front of the ship. "I need a moment with the Mother." The adhiel then went to the front of the ship where he had stood as sentry for several days. Using the shaft of the arrow from which he had taken the arrowhead, Dray traced the symbol of the Crone onto the deck around him. It didn't actually show, as he did not use enough force and the shaft was incapable of leaving a mark...but in his mind, the symbol was there. He then kneeled within the symbol and began to focus his mind inwards.

His prayer was mostly silent, but a few words of ancient adhiel found their way to the ears of the others. His prayer asked the Crone to watch over the vessel, his friends, and any other allies that might be working towards the same goals. All during his prayer, the enchanted arrowhead was protected within his clasped hands.

OOC: I'm going to have Dray be busy with this prayer for a while, as I have a practice test to do today, so I'll be out of the loop for a while...

IC:

Almost a burn later, the adhiel suddenly stood and held his clasped hands high into the air. In the ancient tongue of the adhiel, he chanted out, "Mother Crone! We seek an enemy that has destroyed your children without hesitatiton. The wizard has burnt and crumbled your lands. We may only be a few souls, but our hearts are bound to the duty of eliminating this evil from Your world! I pray to you as your child that you bless us in our mission...to be present in our hearts as well as our minds. With You, I know we shall be victorious! I have given this arrowhead some of my life, and my friend has imbued it with his power. I ask of you to bless it with your kiss of death so I may extinguish the life force of the evil wizard in Your glory."

Draydis then dropped to a knee and focused his mind on the image of the Mother's tree back in Taquar...focusing on the power that he always could feel radiating from it. He opened his mind to the Crone and awaited a sign...
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Gavin had spoken his idea on the situation. The achadiel had heard conflicting accounts of exactly where Vascillius had decided to make his base of operations. Some had said that Le Bois de Noir was the place. There were orcs and assorted beasts but Talanwei did not feel these rumors rang true. Before leaving on this particular journey he had researched the area's surrounding World's Mouth and a small passage recounted the construction of a twin tower on an island. Though not much was known of its purpose it was the most likely place and what he had heard from those in Vascillius' employ corroborated this.An island was not easily sieged, and the ascension of the towers would yield just enough difficulty to satisfy the Mage's sadistic tendencies. Their small party would provide the best chance for infiltration. There was great risk for all present, and the optimism that Talanwei held had a tough time matching up against the hard fact that the undertaking was dangerous. With this last thought the paladin looked at his companions. There were many different personalities present. From one to the next he observed each.

Gavin, from the highlands of Islay was easily the most physically imposing of the group. The bounty hunter had an almost detached attitude that lent itself well to a tense or violent situation. Revenge did not fuel Gavin's actions so that made each action taken a study in tempered battle instinct. The paladin identified with the bounty hunter, even with his look of guarded distaste as even Ashtallion spoke his words and enchanted the arrowhead in some respect. Obviously he was not a fan of sorcery. His blade was his way of combat and Talanwei favored the blade over Magick in any capacity.

The achadiel then looked to Ashtallion who seemed an almost conundrum. Talanwei could gather that he was a skilled sorcerer with much power under his control. What the paladin did not see however was the egotism that he had seen among nearly every other mage he had had dealings with. There was an almost Zen like quality to the man and his modesty spoke tomes about his character. Talanwei felt that it was a fine line between a mage that practiced dark arts and one that did not. The fact remained that there was a magick user present that could combat attacks that shield and armor could not contain.

Lio was sitting on the deck, languid in her grace. Talanwei did not know much about the shadowcat but her unique qualities brought a fullness to their motley assortment. It seemed as if she was drawn to the group. When others had shied away from her imposing size and when speech rolled from her tongue, Talanwei had seen something further and allowed her entry to the ship. Lio would be interesting to see in battle, claws unsheathed and fangs...the paladin felt sorry for the orc or goblin that crossed her path unaware.

It was Dray that Talanwei cast his gaze upon next. He was emotional, he was dynamic, and he was devoted to the Crone. He was performing a prayer ritual at the front of the ship and as a man who was quite religious in his own respect, Talanwei knew that the time spent with your god was your own. The achadiel was certain that this man would become an exemplary paladin for the Crone. The anger he has shown at the death of his charges was evidence that he would fight for this cause and protect all that fought beside him.

"We have little time before we reach the island. I have to prepare myself and I think a final gathering of our individual thoughts would be good before we throw ourselves into this battle. Once we moor ourselves, we can go over strategy," said Talanwei thoughtfully. Once he was done speaking, he looked at Niamh.

The paladin simultaneously knew the most and least about her. She had spent the most time with Talanwei and they had actually fought together. Her skills accentuated his own and vice versa in the way only adjusting to one another and time could allow. Niamh had come wrapped in mystery and was much unchanged. Vascillius had changed the way of life for her people (whom Talanwei still knew next to nothing about) and she was now on the road to bring him to justice. As Niamh was the paladins most trusted companion, he gravitated to her then. Talanwei leaned against the mast to Niamh's left side and behind her. The achadiel folded his arms and looked toward the island.

They were all getting close now. Merely a league or so and the island had loomed into view. A green canopy of trees blanketed the island and there was a natural bay that they intended to land in. Rising above the sea of leaves two towers stood as broken fangs scraping the sky. The twin citadels were joined with walkways both broken and some still complete. Their entry to the tower would start underground. A particularly cowardly sorcerer had divulged this much but he could not give the exact location of this door of sorts. Once they were moored they would go over strategy. Talanwei approved of each of them but he was curious as to what Niamh thought.

"Well? What do you think of them? It's quite a gathering we have here. Do you think we are ready for all of this?" the paladin's words were spoken low. Though she said little, it was her opinion that he valued. Niamh gave a different point of view than he that often times affected the way he approached situations.

[hr]ooc: ugh...I'm sorry that took so long folks, it was above 90 degrees all weekend much too hot for my brain to work properly but we're back on track. Ready to land folks?[/hr]
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Hello- lo- lo- lo- lo- lo~!

*looks around empty thread* anybody? :cry:
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

OOC: sorry...today was the first half of the bar examination. I have another half tomorrow. It's been nothing but studying lately. Sorry about not posting sooner.

Dray is still praying, as I had posted it would take him over a burn to complete. I'll just do something quick here to let y'all know he hasn't fallen overboard or anything. :P

IC:

Dray continued his prayer as the others spoke. If they had attempted to direct any of the conversation at him, it was lost to the crashing of waves and the chanting of the ancient adhiel tongue. Despite not feeling any different or receiving any sort of sign from the Crone, Draydis remained persistent. He knew that his words were heard, and his faith did not require anything back from the Crone.

Although there was no sign from the Crone yet, Draydis knew that his prayer was not complete...at least to him, he felt that the mantra was not yet finished...

DMD Member since 2005
Niamh Windwalker
Civus

Their approach to the island drew faint earthy scents to mingle with the salty aroma upon the sea breeze. Niamh was more than ready to set foot on land once more, though she had spent much time in the rigging, feeling the sweep of air across her form. Her hood tilted to one side as Talanwei spoke.

"Well? What do you think of them? It's quite a gathering we have here. Do you think we are ready for all of this?" the paladin's words were spoken low. Though she said little, it was her opinion that he valued. Niamh gave a different point of view than he that often times affected the way he approached situations.

"Such are your individual thoughts?" Emerged the wry tone, faintly bemused, "to seek anothers?" Her gloved palms rested easily on her knees, though the bare fingers tapped as if movement could barely be restrained. The Kanthrop was more than ready for action. "Ready? Most certainly. But are we ready to battle and win, or to fight and be vanquished?" She rested her head back against the mast, her hidden eyes surveying the nearing shore. "Only our testing will reveal that..."

She fell silent for the remainder of the trip, and once they made land-fall, she was quick to slip off for a few burns scouting in silence.

OOC: I will be on vacation for 5 days - so feel free to continue posting, and I'll have Niamh meet up with you to 'report' (Tal, feel free to PM me with a few notes that I can flesh out on what she might find - otherwise I'll just make something up that fits what we've already got going here).
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Niamh spoke her peace and decided to say nothing else for the remainder of the trip. The ship came to a halt on the shore of the island and the crew moored her quickly. On a sunny day it would be a beautiful beach, golden sands, green leafed trees and an easy breeze. Unfortunately the circumstances that brought them together in this place were too grave to allow them to observe this fact. The wind was getting more of an edge and it swept the emerald canopy on the trees. That electric feeling in the air was near oppressive as the ramp came to a crashing halt on the sand. The Achadiel led the way and he stopped on the beach allowing those still aboard to gather with him. Niamh quickly made her departure, growling something about scouting. Talanwei knew her well enough to know she wouldn’t be too far away.

Shortly all of them were in a loose circle, fastening weapons, armor, and the like. Talanwei let his eyes touch each of their own. Nodding, he rubbed his mouth and looked toward the imposing view of the two towers. It was time for action, not really any time for excessive planning. Yet Gavin had expressed a desire to settle on a game plan of sorts. With this he looked at all of them, who seemed to be chomping at the bit to get moving. The beach was not a good place to gather and await an attack.

“Very well, it is time to move. We are searching for a passage that looks as if it is overgrown with brambles and whatnot. It is a stone alcove that leads underground and comes through to the inner chamber of the first tower. Needless to say, there will be opposition but I am not sure how quickly they will be in coming. There is likely a sizeable group near the main entrances so I say that we avoid these at all costs. I think it is best to stay to the rear of the first tower and slowly make our way forward until we happen upon the entrance,” he paused for a moment to allow them to hear his words then continued, “With that, I ask if any of you have any ideas, or any preferences on strategy.”

He paused but a moment, allowing Gavin to address his thoughts or any of the others. Talanwei was eager to move, and he was sure the rest of them were glad to have land under their feet once more.
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

A vague sense of unease passed over Lio as she observed the interactions of the rest of the group silently. At first she put it down to being amongst people again - even as a human she'd rarely been comfortable in company. She soon realised that there was more to it.

The bounty hunter, the mage and the Emerald guard had worked together before - the paladin and his 'shadow' had travelled together for a long time. They shared a sense of... camaderie. Of common purpose, and commitment. Not for the first time, the feline felt doubt about her ability to contribute to their struggle. She lived a solitary life as a hunter. Their talk of tactics and strategy made little sense to her - it would possibly be dangerous for the team if she did not understand her role when the time came for battle.

Lio brought up the rear as the company followed Talanwei off the ship, her doubts growing further. Why had she followed them in the first place again? She probed around in her mind, and her dream-memories grew fuzzy and insubstantial. She remembered her sleep in the hold.

And before that, she remembered a door.

A string of muttered curses issued forth from her mouth. Moments later, anyone looking back quickly enough would have seen a buck-naked lass diving into the water.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion stood with one hand resting on the hilt of the Pelegrim as he gazed into the distance, taking in the surrounding area also. His eyes fluttered for a moment as he centered himself, grounding and finding the sources of energy. As he suspected, earth energy, air and more heat. Exposed to the sky and air, wind and lightning would be plentiful.... but if he had to go underground, he would have to be more creative.

The mage kept himself in this state of heightened senses, working to maintain the control was not overtly taxing for him as he had had plenty of practice touching his magic and its source.

" I'll be keeping a careful eye out for any magical traps and tainted entities..... but it will divert alot of my attention so if I seem to zone out every now and then, just make sure I don't walk into a wall or a sword. ", he chuckled slightly, turning his attention to the other while still keeping his grip of the aetheric energies.

" As I stated before, if you come across the wizard, leave him to me.... I'll try weaken him as much as I can but will save the killing blow for one of you. ", he took in Gavin, Talanwei and Dray. " Besides I wouldn't be surprised if there are other things to keep you all occupied.... soldiers or maybe lower level demons that he had bound to his will. ", the mage shrugged and feel silent, letting someone else talk.
Niamh Windwalker
Civus

A mark had passed before Niamh re-emerged from the trees, slipping into position among the others, and dropping to a silent crouch as she smoothed the sand into a canvas of sorts as they spoke, then running her fingers against each other to free the sand from her palm. A leafy over-hang left only sunlight dapples upon the ground as she quickly placed twigs and small rocks as landmarks. What lay between all of their feet was a map, rough but unexplained until Niamh's low, musical words began a rehearsed litany.

"The towers, here," her fingers flicked towards two large stones, surrounded by a single long blade of grass. "walled in, watchers there seem spaced thinly, but they pace the wall in even intervals." Her finger dug into the turf South and somewhat East of the towers in her map. "We are here, beneath a lowlying strip of rock and cliff that protects the towers' perch and limits approaches to the far side, where there is some forest cover before the approach to the wall's gate." Her fingers crumpled a dried leaf into a little mound where the gate was. "The gate is up, and there is a strong number patrolling the pathway leading to it and the gate itself." One finger ran along the twig-designated cliff, pausing at a place a little south of their location.

"There are people here, and a small cave by an inlet. I am not sure of it's purpose." Whether or not it might be the alcove Talanwei spoke of, or near it, she would allow the others to decide. "A small sloop was berthed there. I do not think it safe to leave our ship here. We should send it away." Leaning back on her heels, a glint of light fingered it's way into her hood, reflecting off an eye oddly for the barest of flickers. A finger lifted to twitch the hood back into place as she finished speaking. "The undergrowth is thicker to the north, I could not penetrate it swiftly and a path was not immediately obvious. To explore it for an unused or hidden alcove would take more than myself."

A pale, tan feather, small and thin, wafted to and fro on a knee along with the other forest detritus that had gathered there, clinging to the roughly woven fabric. It fell, unnoticed, to the ground at Niamh's feet as she cocked her head at those about her, awaiting their input. Her spirit was high, her soul eager for the action at hand.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

The prayers to the Crone were finished right before the ship was moored. Though Dray received no sign from Her, he knew Her presence was with him. A few moments were spent attaching the enchanted arrow head back onto the shaft. A leather cord was attached just behind the fletchings before it was carefully put into his quiver...the cord dangling outside the quiver so that arrow could be quickly pulled and fired when it was necessary.

As the others were putting on their armor, the adhiel made a quick tour of the perimeter. Once finished, the guardsman returned and added his report to the information about their enemy.

"I did not see any patrols near to our position, but I agree that the ship must move. I found several signs of orc patrols near where we stand...and if they spot our ship, our element of surprise is gone."

With his father's bow in hand, Draydis looked to each of his companions. He waited for each of them to finish adjusting their armor and readying weapons. Once they were all ready, he looked towards their destination. "It's a beautiful night to hunt. The Crone blesses us all and will be ever vigilant in protecting us during our mission. Have faith that She will help us to be victorious this day."

DMD Member since 2005
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin was silent on the best of days, saving his words for when they were needed. It was not after they disembarked and the plan was outlined that he chose to move. Studying the plan hooded girl made, he was kept on thinking about the possible venues of attack. "That passage you mentioned sounds like a good idea." He looked at Talanwei. "We'll need to approach it with care and see if it is guarded. Maybe we will have to find an alternate route inside, if the way in is too heavily guarded. We need to keep the element of surprise on our side for as long as possible."

Turning to Ashtalion, the tall man smiled. "You and I my friend will need to stay in the back for start. Let the others deal with the problems until the enemies detect us. It will be Draydis and the girl that will clear the way. We need silent and fast kills and that means no me clanging around in this armor of mine or you snapping that lightning of yours. It just draws too much attention." He looked at the adhiel and the hooded lady in turn. "Is that fine with you? I'll take my share of the enemies once the going gets tough. Till, then you two will have to take the brunt of the killing. Sadly, that is how things are."

Then a thought struck him, a grim smile spreading across his lips. "Hm, an idea perhaps. It would be very nice if we could capture one of the soldiers guarding the towers. I am sure I could get him to talk. It would be very useful if we were to learn the tower layout and the troop placement. How many, where, maybe even a few signals they use. That sort of thing. Do you think you could get one without being detected? I need him mostly intact, but a few bruises or a cut here or there is quite acceptable. I'll take care of the information extraction." It was a slim chance, but a chance nonetheless. And the big man truly could extract the information out of the man.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis nodded at the plan suggested bt Gavin. "Aye. It is sound tactics." At the suggestion of taking an enemy prisoner, the adhiel nodded again. "I could blunt one of my arrows and knock out a guard easy enough." He smiled at his friend. "Though it might kill the soldier as well...either way, I suppose one goal or the other is satisfied."

He pulled an arrow from his quiver and removed the arrowhead. A small round stone was picked up from the ground and Dray began to firmly attach it with a thin leather strip.

Once finished, he inspected his work and held the arrow out as if to test its balance. The normal trajectory would have to be changed but it seemed as if it would work for at least one shot.

"I am happy to go hunt us down a prisoner now...after all, my friends do call me Wolf." A big grin appeared on his face. Draydis enjoyed the job of a soldier...but he truly loved being a scout and assassin...

DMD Member since 2005
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion listened intently to Gavins plan, he merely shrugged. " Fair enough, I'll be of better use that way I think. My spells are not suited to close combat at any rate. ", his eyes drifted out into the distance, obviously thinking, but whatever his thoughts he was not about to share them with the rest of the group. Brushing down his blue robes, the mage was appearing uncharacteristically aloof and cold. His way of dealing with the situation?

In truth it was rage, cold and seething. He wanted at this Dark Wizard and if he could he intended to take the mages' life himself and save his friends the trouble.

As a member of the Mage Hunters, it was part of his responsibilty to track down and kill demons and evil magic-users. That was if he was still a member of that secretive group at the University, still, he took to the roll of Warrior even without the use of the warrior card.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

The paladin listened to each of his new friends as they recounted their ideas. Ashtallion would be invaluable for any encounters with demons, sorcerers and the like. It was then that Niamh came to the group and commanded the attention of them all. She gave a quick and to the point, yet at the same time thorough in her investigation of the area. Talanwei was mildly amazed that she had nearly had the bottom half of the island fresh in her mind as she did. Even with a mark of time, the paladin was curious as to how she had covered so much ground. There was neither much time to think of these things nor would he question her on this. Niamh had provided valuable information that would be the framework upon which their exploration the island was based. The alcove close to the sloop had rung the most immediate bell for Talanwei. It matched nearly every description he had been given in his travels.

After surveying the perimeter of where beach ended and forest began, Dray advised all present that there were no enemies lurking in the immediate trees or bushes. He then looked to the towers and spoke another remark about the goddess, the Crone as the adhiel warrior referred to her. The Achadiel grinned inwardly for he loved the devoutness the adhiel held for his goddess. The paladin lamented the fact that Dray had not, in some other life perhaps, come under the grace of Illuminatus. A few burns later, the bearded Gavin gave his thoughts on strategy. Talanwei could not find a weak spot in his logic and nodded appreciatively.

There were a few things that Talanwei marked as priority; the first of which was getting the boat off of this exposed shore, second would be to begin making their way, the paladin had decided, to the inlet and find that cave, the last was to secure a live guard for Gavin to...question. The Achadiel had the feeling that the big man would ask a few things, maybe a little insistently. Talanwei would definitely leave this to the larger man, for he didn’t have the constitution for such an affair. Also the paladin knew Illuminatus would not approve of such barbarism.

As Dray was expressing his desire to get out and capture a prisoner Talanwei turned toward the boat and took a few steps toward where it was moored. They had moved a bout ten yards from the boat and Talanwei had to shout into the raising wind to a young man on the deck.
“Hail! Orson!” shouted the Achadiel.

The young man named Orson Kalendri was swabbing the deck with a wet mop in his hand and a sour look on his face. Normally this would not have been a problem to the young sailor but he looked up to the sky scowling darkly.

I don’t know why in the Nether I have to swab this damnable deck! It’s going to rain anyway!

These thoughts were frustrated as he loosed an irritated grumble. Orson was lamenting his ill fortune while the crew was below, likely getting something warm to drink while the Paladin and his friends figured out what to do. It was Talanwei’s voice that roused him from his grumbling and he saw the Achadiel walking toward the ship, shouting something and gesturing with his hand. The wind stole most of his speech but the young deck hand heard his name and waved. The paladin knew his name? Well wonder of wonders, that was unexpected! It even brightened his mood slightly. Enthusiastically he waved to Talanwei.

The paladin chuckled as he witnessed the fervor of the boy’s gesture. This time he cupped his hands to his mouth and a swift intake of breath to allow him to shout again. Before Talanwei could do this there was a sound of loud rustling hundreds of feet back into the thick of the forest and suddenly....

GRRRAAAAARRGHHH!!!

It was a roar that split the air and caused all to look toward the forest. It was a deep rumble and decidedly not human. There was the dreadful sound of snapping wood and out from the canopy of the forest erupted a winged creature. Black wings carried the beast higher into the air and it hovered for but a few moments allowing Talanwei to take in its appearance. It was the size of a half giant in body but more densely muscled and to sustain its sheer size the wing span spread quite wide. The skin of the beast was charcoal black and twisted horns curved up and back on the flat of the skull. The brow was low and transitioned seamlessly into a face that had no nose to speak of. It had a mouth full of sharp teeth however; these were a brilliant white that Talanwei could see from where he was standing. Eyes that were a solid blue looked over all of the companions and the ship rocking slightly on the waves. Another roar seemed to rip its way out of the demons throat. There was no mistaking this, Talanwei could feel the power of the beast and it made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.

Without warning it dove from the relatively high altitude it was tenanting toward the boat. The Achadiel knew then what it was planning. The paladin broke into a run toward the boat shouting as he ran.

“Get off the boat!! If you value your life Orson RUN!!!” Talanwei’s words rang out on the beach and he started to run faster because the boy was not listening. Talanwei was sure he saw arrows flying toward the beast, likely Dray's but the demon was too swift.

Orson stood, in disbelief as the demon first rose from the forest. Black wings, like a great bat and eerily blue eyes. Then the teeth…It was the roar however that instilled the fear that locked him to the deck. The crude mop dropped with a forgotten clatter to the deck and his jaw hung open. If this was what the warriors were whispering about fighting, Orson wanted no part of it. From below deck, most of the crew surfaced and gathered around the dumbfounded deck hand. The captain knew as the rest did that something was amiss. It was the cook that first saw the demon, and all of their eyes followed as it dove toward the ship. Even this being the case, most watched as the demon came in an onyx whirlwind and hovered thirty or so feet in the air in front of the ship. It was there the beast hovered black and ugly against the sky. A taloned hand with one too many fingers pointed its palm forward toward the Grey Morning. The Netheric energy was so intense that Talanwei actually saw threads of red and black energy run the length of its forearm. The entire crew stood stock still with the fangs of terror sunk deep into them.

"Get of the boat!! NOW!!" Talanwei shouted once more, knowing he would not get to any of them in time. The sick feeling of helplessness hit him when he looked at the faces of the crew.

None of them listened...
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion started in wide eyed surprise as the creature burst from thick trees and growth. He was slow to react, but gathering his wits, energy swirled about him unseen. The beast flew over them however, once again throwing the sorcerer off, after all he had never dealt with a demon capable of flight.

Blue robes stirred as the rising power fluxed within and about the mage, his golden eyes burned faintly with aetheric energies. The demon headed towards the boat and Asht joined Talanwei as the achadhiel ran to try and save the crew-men. He valued life, that much was certain and he rose in the mages' expectations. Halting at the edge of the water, the hem of his robes dipping into the sea and immediately soaking in the liquid, he ignored it, his attention on the demon and what it was doing. The netheric power rolling from the creature made him sick, the tainted energies visable to his sight as a putrid form of magic.

Pushing aside the queasiness, he sought out the aetheric magic that surrounded him. His own power lay mainly in the elements and as stated before, two were in ample abundance. Ashtallion glanced to Talanwei and back to his friends. Draydis was a good shot with the bow, the mage prayed he could hit the demon, yet he had to do something also.

The adhiel rose his right hand, his index finger pointing at the demon. Electrical spats ran down his arm, through his air as he pulled more and more lightning to him, his finger directing its path for when he would unleash the lightning bolt. Asht muttering several words under his breath and with the last one which he shouted, the sound of it rolling over the sea to match the arcs of blue/white lightning that screamed towards the beast.
Niamh Windwalker
Civus

As soon as the creature appeared, Niamh struggled with an instinct to flee, grappling mentally with herself to maintain control of her quivering limbs. The young kanthrop, in a rush to command herself, felt two arrows spin helplessly through her fingers, missing the flying beast by a few handspans as it dove.

As it hesitated just beyond the ship, she noted Ashtallion's movements, and took a position between him and Talanwei, her fingers sliding along the hard wood of the arrow's shaft and plucking it from a quiver as she set it to the bow. Not for anything would she waste it, but her eyes watched and her senses focused... time seemed to lengthen flicker by flicker. We need to anger it enough that it swats at us, not anger it so much that it drives towards the ship first.

Whispering a prayer to Ursa, her soft words were likely lost in the raging noise of the demon. And then... ffffzzzwwwwtttt The arrow let loose, carefully gauged to pierce one of the wide flapping wings that were the weakness of every flying creature.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Talanwei watched as the sorcerer gathered lightning around him and pointed his finger at the demon. The mage was powerful as well, that the paladin could feel from his close proximity. The words of sorcery were odd to his ears and the last word rang over the open ocean. The golden haired sorcerer loosed a blue and white arc of lightning that sped with insane velocity toward the demon. Niamh had put herself behind and in between Asht and Talanwei. At first the beast didn’t look at the three and concerned itself with the focusing of its Netheric energy. At the last moment it brought up the left arm that had been hanging at one side. The bolt Asht had thrown would surely have left a mortal charred and undeniably dead. However the imposing bolt seemed to hit a disembodied shield. The crackling lightning struggled against a red film of energy that was just a foot and a half away from the demons body. With a turn of its torso and a banishing wave of the hand the lightning dissipated to one side. It looked as if the bolt had done nothing but those that looked close enough saw the truth.

Smoke curled from the forearm in grey wisps. The blackened skin of the beast had been flayed away from the forearm leaving exposed muscle and dripped an oozing purple ichor. The demon looked at the damage it received from having thrown up the haphazardly created shield. It had surely underestimated Asht’s power as it looked at the arm with a detached curiosity. The demon looked at the mage and the Paladin who had stopped running for but a moment to allow the mage to attack. Talanwei heard the stretch of Niamh's bowstring as she nocked an arrow into it. Almost to her ear she pulled it back and after a few moments loosed it to the air. If the demon hadn’t seen it, the shot would have been perfection. In an instant the demon folded its wings and plummeted like a rock. The arrow zipped through the air just shy of the beast. This Talanwei marked closely, for he deemed it odd that the demon would deflect something as damaging as Asht’s magick and shy away from a simple arrow. The demon stopped it’s descent with a swift opening of wings. The lips that barely covered the mouthful of razored teeth peeled back into what could have been regarded as a sickly grin.

It was then that the sky in front of its hand seemed to combust and a ball of flame larger around than the demon itself sped toward the crew. Most tried to run, some knew the truth, but it was Orson that stood stock still looking up at the doom of the ship. It collided full with the prow and in an instant the front of the ship disappeared. A swiftly crafted shield of a hint of energy was thrown up by the paladin as he reached deeply and quickly into the well Illuminatus granted him. The paladin placed himself fully in front of Niamh just as the flame erupted with a resounding boom. The ensuing explosion sent a shockwave that collided with Talanwei’s back. He staggered forward from the sheer force nearly colliding with the small woman. The brunt of the explosion’s power shot to either side of the Achadiel’s frame and away from Niamh. Talanwei hoped that Asht had defended himself accordingly for he was closer than he himself was to the disaster. The impact was so severe that the fire danced on the surface of the water as the remains of the ship started to capsize. The paladin turned quickly seeing none alive, or even swimming in the wreckage. A hot slow burning rage knotted itself in his heart and bile rose to his throat as the smell of burned flesh came from the wind rising off the ocean.

A thin white crackling energy coursed over the damaged arm of the demon and the blood dripping from it infused the energy with a violet glow. To drive home its conquest the demon then sent an arcing bolt of violet lightning next to Asht and Talanwei with its hand that was still smoking causing the sand to fountain into the air. With the hand that had spouted flame, another bolt shot forth to split the remains of ship in twain. The demon loosed another wailing roar, however this one sounded triumphant. It regarded the allies and wheeled higher into the sky, outside the reach of their attack. It then took a course toward the towers that housed Vascillius, the vile sorcerer that had either bent this demon to his will or was in fact serving either this demon or another. The Achadiel then ventured to wonder if there could be a more powerful demon lurking around the innards of the dark citadels.

Talanwei’s gritted teeth began to make his jaw hurt. His hand ached because he was holding the hilt of his sword so tightly. So badly he wanted to draw the blade and plunge it into the beast and let the flame of Illuminatus sunder the demon. There was no time for his thoughts to even be shared with his allies. The minutes spent watching the demon lay waste to their ship had allowed enemies to creep to the edge of the forest. There were no faces to attach to the attackers but the whistle of countless arrows as they sliced the sky told the paladin enough. They were still in the forest but to the far left of any that were looking toward the trees. The tips of the arrows were coated in flame and the first of which landed short of their targets. The second volley came dangerously close before the paladin started to move.

“Everyone, to the trees! We must not give them open targets!” Talanwei shouted this but he was relatively certain they knew as much. There was not much said if anything as the group sprinted from the beach into the comparative gloom of the forest. They made their way cautiously forward senses on edge. As if on cue, the patter of rain on the leaves above served as the ambient back drop upon which the more prevalent noises were thrown upon. They had entered a clearing with no evident path forward. Talanwei looked forward into the bushes and areas between the trees beyond. Shadows mixed with the bleak sunlight spilling through leaves. It could barely be called sunlight because it seemed to drain the color from near everything. There was the tell tale growls and yips of goblins. How they had gotten so swiftly surrounded, there was no telling. The paladin looked at his companions and before any of them could move there was the twang of a bow string. The thin prickle of shock ran through Talanwei as an arrow whipped past his shoulder. The air was rent with the guttural wail of a goblin and the underbrush exploded.

A dozen or so of the beasts came into the clearing like biting, scratching, cutting dervishes. Three goblins ranging from an emerald green to slate grey assailed Gavin at once, two on his left, one on his right. THey hoped to overwhelm the accomplished swordsman. Asht had two charging straight toward him nearly shoulder to shoulder one with a pike of some sort and the other with a jagged blade. It was a foolish frontal assault against a Magus indeed. From the bushes, a grey skinned coward of a goblin was trying to sneak up on Niamh intending to give one killer blow. This goblin obviously had no idea that the young woman’s senses were so sharp. There was a second green skinned goblin that was circling the small framed woman. A solitary goblin decided to test his skill with the bow on Dray from farther off but the keen eyes of the Adhiel could see him easily as long as he was attentive. Another more immediate threat was a beast brandishing a crude axe spotted with rust trying to blindside the Emerald Guard Commander.

The Achadiel’s reflexes were sharp as he dodged a goblin that was swinging wildly. It was left under the attacking arm he went in a liquid movement. Talanwei reached across his waist with his left hand grabbing the hilt of his long sword upside down and pulled it from its sheath swift and firm across the stomach of his attacker. There was a layer of so of leather that was smoothly cut as if like butter and then the tell tale purchase of blade on flesh. Not deep enough to kill, the slash certainly got the beasties attention. The ensuing howl of pain made his right ear ring that was closest to the goblin’s mouth. Talanwei then spun completely about face, flipping the sword upright as he went, and came with a full stroke that liberated the goblin's head from its body. The lifeless body sunk to its knees still clutching the stomach wound in a final muscle memory. With a quick pull, the sword on his back was free of sheath and simultaneously the weapons cascaded in white flame. The runes etched into both blades surface in Adhiel seemed to glow like a brand. Drops of rain trailed off of leaves above and hissed as they touched the blades sending white steam curling into the air. The other two goblins that were about to attack were halted for merely a moment at the sight of one of their brethren so brutally killed. Talanwei's eyes seemed laced with fire as they circled him warily looking for an opening in decidedly un-goblin like fashion. Finally, an enemy he could reach out and unleash his anger upon. These beasts would pay the highest price for the transgressions of their master. First blood had been drawn and his allies seemed ready to follow in his example.

[hr]
ooc: Add as you see fit Gav and Dray, I'm just a lil' anxious is all. :wink:[/hr]
Last edited by Talanwei Fortisse on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

OOC: Sorry about the delay in posting. I am in the process of moving into my new house and don't have internet yet. With that in mind, I'm going to make a long post here. I hope that I can post every other day or so, but if not, this post should cover Dray's actions for a while. Thanks for bearing with me. :)

IC:

The flying demon tore through the woods with little difficulty. Its power was clear from how it pushed aside even the tallest of trees with ease. As it took flight towards the ship, Dray unleashed several arrows, but it became quickly clear that its hide was great protection from the comparatively diminutive arrows. Patience would be the winner of this game...

With careful aim, the commander waited for just the right moment. There were a few points on the demon that an arrow would more easily penetrate. Eyes. Underneath the lower jaw. Inside the ears. Armpits. Anus. The thought of the last one gave Draydis the greatest amount of amusement, and it was the target he decided on. The demon was flying away from him, and having an arrow crammed up its ass would likely get its attention away from the ship...

He held his breath as the bow was drawn back. His sharp adhiel eyes focused on the target, and he relaxed his fingers slowly and the arrow took to flight.

He had no time to watch the impact of his strike though, as goblins appeared from the woods. A bright light and sound of flames coming from the direction of the demon told the adhiel that the demon was still alive...and that the ship and her crew were certainly lost.

Almost immediately after looking to the woods, Dray noticed the goblin attacking him with a bow. He was also aware of many others shooting flaming arrows from the woods. His friends each had attackers to contend with, but nobody seemed to be too terribly outnumbered for now.

A quick shot dispatched the goblin trying to shoot Draydis. He did not watch the effect, as the dull thud of the arrow hitting it squarely in the chest told him that the shot had been lethal or close enough. With a fluid movement, another arrow was readied, but instead of worrying about the goblin with the axe, Draydis began to eliminate the attackers on his friends.

The grace and speed of adhiel was well known throughout the lands...and Draydis had spent many long hours working on his skill at dodging blows, tumbling, and acrobatic moves. As the axe-bearing goblin struck at the commander, Draydis avoided its blows by rolling and tumbling out of the way, while doing his best to kill the other attackers that were going after his friends. He knew that the goblin would eventually tire itself by swinging so wildly with its axe, and at that point, a close-range shot to the head would quickly end its life.

Dray knew that Gavin could easily handle the three goblins he confronted, and Ashtallion's attackers were both coming from the front. Talanwei had three on him, but after Dray saw the paladin's blades burst into flame, he knew that Illuminatus would take care of his devout follower. That left Niamh. The adhiel knew she had keen senses, but he still did not know if she had heard the goblin approaching her from behind. He would have to be careful to not strike her with an arrow, but he had no time to circle around for a safer shot. Besides, Draydis trusted the aim of his father's bow.

Still trying to avoid the goblin with the axe, Draydis took his shot. The arrow sailed very close to Niamh's head and flew right for the sneaking goblin. Another arrow quickly followed behind and went for the solitary one approaching Gavin from the right.

Draydis was confident that his friends could easily handle the rest, however there were many goblins in the woods with bows. While he knew that Ashtallion and Gavin were good against others in melee, he knew that a bow was quite deadly even against the strongest opponent when there was no cover...and the goblins certainly had the advantage here.

With a look of frustration at the goblin still attempting to kill him, Draydis ducked under a wild axe swing and unleashed an arrow into the face of the goblin from a few feet away. The sudden penetration from the arrow caused a great mist of blood to erupt, covering the commander's body in the dark blood of his enemy.

A smile crossed his face...not because of the blood, but because it was now time to go hunting. With that, Dray ran into the woods, entering at a point where he was certain no flaming arrows had originated. His plan was to circle around the archers and attack them from behind. An arrow was at the ready, and the Wolf began his hunt...

DMD Member since 2005
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Although not surprised the demon countered his magic, the mage was furious that the flying creature had merely swatted his lightning aside so easily. That had been a powerful bolt of lightning. Despite his simmering rage, he was well aware of the demons power that suddenly washed over the crew and the ship, its flames spreading over the water to destroy anyone too close.

Talanwei was taking care of himself, so Asht did not have to worry about protecting the Paladin. His hand dug into a pocket, pulling out a silvery grey feather. The mgus held it between his index and middle fingers of his right hand, palm facing the approaching, savage and dark magic. Words of power fell from his lips, his chanting chaining certain threads of energy, the feather as its focus. A shimmering shield the same colour of the feathery surrounded him like a globe just as the flames crashed into him.

Ashtallion, with a startle gasp was forced back a step, but he held his ground, his right arm shaking with the effort of maintaining the shield. As the dire magics bled away, the sheild dropped and the feather crumbled in the mages' hand. Yet again though he had no time to think about the dmeon as goblins launced from the trees. " Nothing is ever easy, is it! ", the words were hissed even as both her arms rose sharply towards the charging goblins. Thick skulled bastards...

Threads of wind energy responded, he created to blades of air as sharp as any axe, sent the hurling to his enemy where they were effectively cut in half. It was battle, and the mage relished it. Whipping around, the war magus unsheathed the Pelegrim. He advanced towards Talanwei, seeking to help him with the goblin. Crackling energies danced up the enchanted blade as Asht fueled it with whorles of garish golden light. The same light that burned in his eyes, filling them with thundering aetheric and pent up sorcery.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Dray had loped off into the shadowy forest after he had dispatched those attacking him. The forest greeted him as an old friend and bent to his exploration. The Adhiel warrior found his way easily enough through the underbrush and was near invisible to the naked eye. After a short time, he came upon those that had launched their attack from the forest onto the beach. If Dray was expecting goblins, he was mistaken. There were a group of men, more than half dozen of them, that were dressed in the garb of hunters. In a small clearing the crouched whispering to one another and if Dray was listening closely he could hear them talking of another ambush. The leader of the group a man with a wolfish gaze sent off their scout to report to one of Vascillius’ guardsmen. The Emerald Guard commander had two choices; one of which was to simply kill the men that had ambushed them outright which would give immediate satisfaction. The men, though skilled huntsmen in their own respects, could not compete with the Adhiel woodman. The other was to choice was to shadow the scout being dispatched and see where the small human led him.

**~~*~~**

Without warning both beasts started swinging for Talanwei; one wielded a hatchet and a knife in the hand of the other. Despite being as tall as he was, the paladin was swift on his feet and started weaving just out of the reach of these crude weapons. The small beasts obviously had no martial training and were working off of instinctual swipes of their weapons. It was laughable to the paladin who was skilled with his blades as veritable extension of his arms. A quick slash with the short blade disarmed the goblin with the hatchet...literally. The beast howled as dark blood spurted from the wound. While the wounded beast flailed around shrieking, Talanwei swung the blade in his left hand with all of his might at his other attacker.

To the paladin’s surprise, the goblin put its knife in the way of his attack that would have certainly have put the beast in two halves. Nevertheless his dominant hand sent the goblin stumbling back from the swing and its small black eyes barely registered the Achadiel swordsman close the distance. The short blade came down diagonally through the beasts shoulder cleaving bone and flesh. Talanwei pulled the blade entirely through its body and came down immediately on the opposite shoulder with his long sword. For a sickening moment the goblin’s throat let out a mixture of hissing and gurgling. Talanwei didn’t even watch the beast fall apart as he turned to the other creature. The goblin had fallen down and was scooting backward as the Achadiel started walking toward it. Little did it know it was moving back right into Asht’s range of attack...

Return to “Erulzat Archives”