Back home (Chyril 22nd GT)

Moderator: Mods

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Back home (Chyril 22nd GT)

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

TOK. TOK TOK...............Humph........Craaaaaaaaack....... Craaaaaaaaaash.......Whoooooooosh....

A tree at the edge of the forest tumbled down, revealing a rather large, bearded man, naked from waist up, leaning against an axe, trying to catch his breath. Gavin took a moment more to slow down his breathing and then slung the axe to his shoulder and moved towards the bough and without a word started chopping away the branches. A number of stumps lined the edge of the forest, neat piles of branches resting near each. He had been at work the entire day and nearly had enough logs to build his cabin, but until he actually started building it he could not be sure.

He was not tired in the true sense of that word, though he felt slight heaviness to his limbs and a theen sheen of sweat covered his well tanned skin. The sea voyage home did him good, allowing him to spend the long days outside relaxing in the sun. From where he stood at the edge of the forest, the town of Hafne spread out, or at least what was left of it did. He had chosen this spot to build his new home because he truly did not want to erect a new house on the spot where his old one had been. That place carried too many bad memories and he thought it was time for a new start.

The wind shifted and he smelled the stew that has been brewing in the big pot over his fire for almost a tide now. It was the only meal he could cook, but having learned the recipee from Abner meant that it tasted pretty damned well. And smelled just as good. The little guy could cook a mean meal, and the big warrior could hunt the meat he needed and forage for the herbs as well. With a final THUNK he planted the axe in the tree trunk and wiped the sweat from his brow, deciding that it was just the perfec time for his lunch.

OOC: Feel free to join. There will be a small story behind it all, but we can work on it together.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Two rabbits and a small deer, that was what the Goddess had granted him today. So he brought them home. Home..... a word that reflected safety, love and sharing. Gwayne wondered where home was, where the fire was that people shared. That he shared. Then he smelled food. His stomach rumbled and demanded food, and to be honest it smelled very well.

So after a flicker and a quick shake of tired shoulders he moved towards the place where the smell came from. It came from the edge of the forest, where a man seemed to be building something using the tree's of the forest. It made Gwayne sad that the tree's fell to serve man's need, but as its not spoiled or wasted the forest would replace the fallen tree's and expand once again.

When he arrived closer to the man he recognized him. It was Gavin, Syrawenn's great love. It was good to see the bearded man again, Gwayne felt relaxed in his neighborhood, something that was a rare thing for the young man. His appearance and background always made him feel the odd man out. Except around Gavin and Syrawenn, maybe because they where also different, and shared difference made it it normal.

He placed the catch beside the pot. Just a quick nod to the man on the other side while he seated himself.

After a few flickers Gwayne said "Are you building a house or a home ?"
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

For the tall warrior it seemed quite fitting that he use the trees to build himself a new home. They have taken away everything from him and now it was time for them to give something back. He did not quite know what the trees took or how they did it, but he knew they owed him a debt and that while a hint of anger smoldered deep down within him, he was not angry with them. How could one be angry of trees? No, it was more a feeling of balance and equality that he sought to achieve, and the trees were part of the path he took towards it. This was not senseless destruction, and he did not take more than he needed.

As Gwayne came close, Gavin returned his nod, saying nothing as he poured some water into a shallow bowl and washed his face and shoulders, scrubbing his hands clean, and then let the sun and fire dry his skin, crouching near the pot. He was silent for a long while, pondering the adhiel's question, staring into the flames. "Home. I will live there one day. Not sure if it will be right away, but I will. And I won't let others take it from me." He paused and dipped a spoon into the stew, tasting the thick liquid and then reaching into his backpack to add bit more salt. "So, I guess it is a home. Or will be one day. I just came back."
Xenovia Canace
Bane bearer

Post by Xenovia Canace »

She strode through the forest purposefully, a length of large, fresh fish strung up and sported along in the grip of her left hand. Xenovia easily preferred fish over any sort of other meat, and as she breathed in the scent of the fresh catch she smiled faintly to herself.

Then another smell reached her nose -- this one not quite as pleasant, but somewhat enticing nonetheless. For but a moment she paused, breathing in deeply to find the direction that the smell was coming from, before her long legs turned her in the proper direction and she made her way to it. Xenovia pulled up her hood before clearing the forest, to hide the odd coloration of her hair and obscure the features of her deathly pale face. Then she could see it: the fallen trees, the fire, the pot of food, and the two men. Her unseen golden eyes gave a swift blink, a frown upon those dark red lips, before she ignored her better judgment began to make her way toward them. Knowing little more of their species than the fact that they could not be trusted easily, Xenovia promised herself she would stay on her toes.

"Good hunting," she said simply when she was near enough, in a strange sort of half-greeting, half-acknowledgment of the food present. Most of her face was hidden beneath the hood, though the dark lips and healthy-yet-white skin of its lower half could be seen. She seated herself without saying much else, setting down the cluster of about 5 large fish and pulling the backpack from her back. Then producing a bone knife, she went about cleaning the fish; obviously, she wasn't entirely comfortable about sitting with them. But she was curious to learn more about their species, and it was good to dine with company.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne nodded at the answer of the tall man. Somehow it pleased him to hear the word home from Gavin's mouth. So without a word he started preparing the animals for cooking, they needed some extra rations. Building a house was a lot of work.

"You know that I am a woodworker don't you ?"

It seemed so far away that he shaped wood into form. Now everything was being a warrior of the Goddess, blood and destruction without creation. So it was better this way, building a house for a friend.

When Gwayne finished his cooking preparations he became aware of someone approaching them. When he turned to face the stranger, he became aware that, he was a she, and she was something he had never seen before. Maybe she was a fairy, although none of the type Gwayne had met before.

"Good hunting," she said, and Gwayne accepted that with a smile. "Good hunting." he replied. "I am Gwayne, son of Ferlong, and this is Gavin. We are here to build his house."

Gwayne was very curious so he had to ask "Are you a fairy ?" he was unable to hide the eagerness in his voice.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

It had been many a night since Draydis had entered into the realm of dreams. As he wandered through the forest, a sense of calm and peace came over his body and mind. The past few months had brought sleepless nights, as his mind was tormented by the pain and suffering brought upon the world by Dominicus and the demons. He also now walked along a dark path, but it was one of justice and righteousness as well.

His hardened leather armor was covered with the usual symbols and markings indicating he was still the Commander of the Emerald Guard, however the usual bright greens and warm browns were replaced with much darker shades that were almost black. The only deviation from these shadowy colors were the silver buckles that held his cloak, belt, and weapons in place, and the silver holy symbol of the Mother Crone that adorned the left breast of his armor.

The scent that his body gave off was that of the earth itself. His skin was covered in plant material of various shades that not only camoflauged his skin but masked the normal smell of his body as well. Upon closer inspection, it was clear that the colors on his skin were intentional and not just the result of a lack of bathing. A sense of peace was felt when he had a connection with nature such as this.

As he neared the clearing where Gavin worked, Dray came to a halt. His senses allowed him to hopefully see the others long before they knew of his presence. He knew it was Gavin, as the large man was easily identifiable among even a crowd. It had been quite a while since he had seen his warrior friend, and Draydis hesitated. Many things had changed since they had last talked...

For now, he simply watched. The weight of his body rested against the bladed staff of the Guard that was planted firmly into the ground. He slowly circled the group so he could better identify those present. With time, he knew he would approach, but for now, he was only a silent watcher from the shadows...
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Xenovia Canace
Bane bearer

Post by Xenovia Canace »

"I am Xenovia," she answered simply, leaving out her reason for being there. How did you tell someone you were there expressly to watch them? It seemed like it would be a bit odd to her, so for now she left it out.

It was the eagerness in Gwayne's voice that made her dark lips smile somewhat, though without those tones she might have laughed at him. "Yes...yes, I am a fairy. You are familiar with us?" Was she not as rare as the creatures, if not more? Kanthrops were not a common sight nor were they common knowledge. Even those whom had studied her race hardly knew whether or not they truly existed. People that had animals within them and could become those creatures? Pure silliness, for sure.

Something within her gave a flutter then and Xenovia sat up straighter, her chin lifting as her unseen eyes searched for something in the woods. Though Xenovia could see nothing out of the ordinary, she could sense something out there somewhere, and inwardly she was grateful for her Inner Animal. Her fingers curled tighter around her knife, suspiciously. Her first instinct was always, always to fight.

"I believe someone or something is watching us."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The tall warrior simply cast a glance as another form joined them, pulling his sword closer to him, but saying nothing. Xenovia got a simple nod in a way of greeting, Gavin's brows arching as she simply sat and started to clean her fish. He smiled at Gwayne's words, remembering how much he missed his eagerness, even at times he could be a pesky bugger as well. The pale girl would learn that soon enough it seemed. Gavin only wondered if she were patient enough to stick around and see the good sides of the tattooed adhiel.

When she rose, Gavin merely glanced towards the forest and shrugged. "It's a forest. It's filled with stuff. And sometimes even the trees can watch you." He smiled. "Relax. There is a lot of ground between us and the forest. We will see if anyone tries to sneak closer." He motioned towards the stew with his spoon and then turned towards Xenovia. "You don't have to eat the fish. There is plenty of stew for us all. Though if you prefer feel free to eat the fish. I have no idea what faeries eat." Here he shrugged, his face not betraying whether he was joking or not.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne waited until Gavin was finished, he just extended the fire so he could cook the meat.

Then he watched the forest edge for a few flickers but he could only conclude that the animals where silent, so probably there was a large predator around, and man was the biggest of them all.

So he just smiled and said.

"If its a person he shall join us soon enough, if its a animal he shall move on. And about faerie food, pixies always try to get honey. I did grow up near some of faerie kind, and they did teach me some stuff. The ancient tree's harbor many faeries, and they are my friends.. Well most of them, some you have to stay away from. But I have never seen a Faerie with your kind of eyes Xenovia, you look a bit catlike, your clearly not a dryad. I talked a lot with dryads, especially the ancient ones, know a lot."

Gwayne sighed and helped himself to some stew and offered it to Xenovia.

"You can also get some meat if you want.."

Xenovia Canace
Bane bearer

Post by Xenovia Canace »

Though Xenovia lowered herself once more, she was clearly not convinced, remaining tense. As Gavin spoke to her she shook her head, though her eyes were still on the edge of the forest. "I always eat fish, I'm a faerie from the sea." Did faeries come from the sea? Perhaps they wouldn't know any better.

Xen was slightly distracted as Gwayne began to go on about faeries. He sure does talk a lot, she thought to herself, as he talked about what faeries ate and where they lived, and what sorts of types there were. She herself had never seen one and had taken to thinking of them as imaginary. It was hard not to smile when she thought of that. After all, people thought her kind was imaginary.

It was when he made a comment about her eyes that Xenovia turned her head away, inwardly cursing herself for letting them be seen. Then with a small sigh she pushed her hood back, her eyes closed, revealing her black, white-streaked hair, tied back behind her head. When her eyes opened again their golden depths caught and reflected the light of the fire -- much like an animal's. They won't know any better, came her inward reassurance. At least this way her ears were uncovered and she could hear better. "I'm a different sort of faerie than you've met before, I think. Much harder to find."

Again she shook her head at the offered meat, looking back down to her task of cleaning the fish. She obviously didn't talk much either. At least, not in this company.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne's eye's widened when he became aware of Xenovia's reaction according to her eyes.

But he admired the color of her hair and eyes when when she finally showed it.
He pondered for a flicker what he should do and then he decided to just go on and see what happened.

"You are special, like all of us." he chuckled and resumed "But I am glad that you dared to join us. We are building a home.... Gavin here needs to get a home in stead of just a house."

Gwayne resumed preparing the meat, it had to be dried and baked so he could save it for colder days.

Xenovia Canace
Bane bearer

Post by Xenovia Canace »

She could not help but wonder at Gwayne's words. Xenovia had spent much of her time in tents, which required little building. One could hardly call them houses, but they had been home -- not because of their construction, but because of those around them. She found herself thinking of the valley and those in it nostalgically. Her gaze dropped for the barest flicker before she glanced toward Gwayne.

"What do you think makes it a home instead of just a house?" She looked at Gavin briefly as well, indicating that the question was directed toward both of them.

Her fish were soon cleaned and cut properly, laid out in a simple pan which she produced from her backpack. This she set down in front of her, since Gwayne was already using the fire. Her eyes continued to scan the forest, darting here and there swiftly. Xen's gaze never did settle for more than two flickers.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Gavin seemed safe enough with his two visitors, however the guardsman chose to remain waiting in the woods.

Slowly, he creeped to the edge of the trees. Dray's body remained hidden by the shadows and the plant life. If any of the three looked his direction, he became as still as possible so he would not attract the attention of their eyes.

For him, it was part a game and part testing the limits of his abilities. He had become better at stalking his prey in the woods, and this seemed like a perfect chance to further hone the skill.

Besides, at the moment, it seemed like they were just talking about food. Silently, the adhiel warrior wished he had the ability to understand what people were saying by watching their mouths. He knew of others that had that skill...and he promised himself that he would work to find a teacher.

The wind blew slightly and the guardsman inhaled the odors of the woods slowly. The forest was a source of great peace for Draydis. To him, this was a perfect place to build a home...
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

"What do you think makes it a home instead of just a house?" Xenovia said to Gwayne. The adhiel tilted his head a bit and smiled, then he said.

"We do... you, me, Gavin, the tree's, the ones who will come and stay. A house is a shelter against the rain, where your body is save. A home also protects the spirit, its the start and endpoint of every road in the world. People who have no home are lost to roam until they find or build one. You need a lot of care to build a home, and sometimes you hope that it shall attract all of those you love and care for."

Gwayne extended the fire a bit so Xenovia could use it to cook her fish.

"Do you only eat fish ?"

Return to “Erulzat Archives”