[UoM] Practical Seminar - Nature of Magic Jygust 33

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

[UoM] Practical Seminar - Nature of Magic Jygust 33

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Jygust 33, 10th Mark (0th mark SMT)

~BAM~

Elvin's quill shot off the page, ruining the piece of parchment with a blotch of ink when someone thumped on his door. The Professor looked at the spreading ink: "Now I'll have to redo this..." He quickly cast drying sand over the parchment, trying to salvage the rest of his work from the spreading ink.

The silver-haired Ahdiel stood up and turned to the door and frowned. "What kind of idiot is trying to break down my door?" A small gesture, a whispered word and the exertion of his will made the door turn inwards. The student, who was about to knock again, held his hand in check and saw the Professor glaring at him from a few feet away. "I... err..." he stuttered, "Professor Peckerton has asked if you could give a seminar as the Apprentice who would teach it has fallen ill."

Elvin raised a brow: "I suppose I could. But tell me, was that message so urgent that you tried to break down my door to deliver it, hmm?" A flush coloured the young man's cheeks: "I... I already knocked a few times and... and... I should really check on Melissa. See if she needs something."

The sorcerer shook his head, guessing that the normal instructor for the seminar was probably this boy's girlfriend. "Very well, go and check up on your ladyfriend. But do be careful next time! If I had been in the middle of an experiment I might have made a serious mistake due to the interruption!" the Professor said and looked stern.

"Yes sir!" was the quick reply followed by a bow and the swift departure of the worried student. Elvin shook his head: "Youth!" "Though he does remind me of myself..." the mage smiled and took a last look at the scroll he had been working on. He sighed, he'ld have to rewrite it later.

A few moments later, the Professor locked down his room and went to one of the Faculty rooms, checking the roster. "He might have mentioned which seminar," the Adhiel murmered under his breath, still amused by the boy's behaviour.

When he had found the topic of the seminar and the room assigned to it he walked there, his black robes rustling while he thought of the subject at hand. "The practical nature of magic," he murmered, "Now that's a broad topic if ever I've seen one..."

When he arrived at the classroom itself, he had a vague plan of what he wanted to do and what might happen. He quickly rearranged the seating, using his will to push the tables to the sides and arranged the chairs in a semi-circle, by hand. After that, he sat down, waiting...

OOC: a thread to have some fun for those who want to :-) Since I'm stuck waiting for others on all other days I've started a new thread...
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi

Return to “Triangle Islands”