Trothgard: Training begins, 31th of Jygust, MT

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Trothgard: Training begins, 31th of Jygust, MT

Post by Meridiuz »

In the early Morningtide Hex and Eyrekra were not awoken by Xermetria or by Iorna. As soon as they would have woken up and had put on their clothes, they were expected to come down to the dining room to have breakfast. Eyrekra was already used to that ritual and she knew where to get the breakfast. Xermetria, as usual, was nowhere to be seen for breakfast. There was a note on the table however.

Students,
meet me in the training room on the north side of the tower, second floor.

Once they were done with eating, they could go to the second floor of the tower and head into the long corridor that encircled the entire tower. On the north side they came across two big doors, which had to open up to quite a large room. When they opened the doors, which went much more smoothly than they had imagined, they saw Xermetria sitting in the middle of the room with her eyes closed. She was wearing wide breeches made out of simple black cloth and a band made out of the same cloth around her chest which kept her breasts tightly packed. It seemed as if some of the runes on her arms and neck were lighting up in a random order as the sorceress was meditating.

After a couple of flickers, when the runes had stopped lighting up, Xermetria spoke, without opening her eyes. "Welcome, students. Are you ready for your training in the gjof?"
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

Eyrekra woke in great spirits. She gentle woke Hex and told her to meet her down stairs for breakfast. She saw the note left by Xermetria, and decided to eat a light breakfast. She maid a plate for Hex and went back to her room to get her equipment.

The young Waelkyrige made her way to the training hall on the north side of the second floor. She had no problems opening the huge doors that guarded the training room. She saw Xermetria sitting in the middle of the room with her eyes closed. Eyrekra had seen her do this before, but never really understood why. She quietly placed her equipment on the floor and began to stretch her body. She was interrupted by Xermetria's question.

Are you ready for your training in the gjof?"

Of course she was ready but she wondered if she had made a mistake by not waiting for Hex.

"Yes master I am ready to be trained" was Eyrekra's response.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Avatar provided by allavatars.com artist Flingling.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex rolled out of bed with a smile on her face. Eyrekra had already left and the kind heart she was had made her a plate of breakfast. Hex returned to the main room eating as she went to dress for the days activities and see to the wolf.

As she prepped herself and walked back tot he training area she could hear Eyrekra announcing readiness. It had been a while since Hex had to take an order from anyone. She took a breath and readied her self as she entered the room nudging Eyrekra.

Hex reached out with her magic and brought up her shields. It was a natural instinct. It may be training but she wanted to be ready for anything.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Xermetria's eyes turned grey as she adjusted her vision. Her voice sounded different as well, as if she wasn't speaking to them directly, but her body was more a conduit for her voice. A grin appeared on her face as she noticed Hex starting to concentrate on her shield. "Good. I see you have had some experience with shielding. You could approve on your technique though as it is still costing you quite some concentration, and thus also time to bring it up to full strength." Hex suddenly felt a poke in the Aether as a small burst of energy shot straight through her shield. It didn't hurt her, but her concentration was broken and thus her shield was now completely gone. "Concentrate Hex, work on it more. Try to make your shield tighter"

She looked at Eyrekra. "Do you have any experience with shielding, Eyrekra? Show me. Make it as good as you can."

OOC: I see you both have shielding at basic+**. That means that you aren't good enough to bring up a strong shield with just mentioning it. I'd like to see a little more effort in it for someone a basic. It'll be fun though, lets work on it to increase your shielding skill!
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

Eyreka looked at her shield, then back at Xermetria, who had no weapon in hand.

She looked to Hex, and then it clicked in her mind. Eyrekra searched deep into her mind and tried to see the energy that was around her. Once she wrapped her mind around it she tried to pull it into her and bend it to her own use. It was slow, painfully slow and then in a sudden burst Eyrekra was covered by what looked to be a winter's storm. It was thick, and hard to see past, then it was gone. Then it blinked back into life, then out again.

Eyrekra knew this was going to be hard, but she had no ideal of just how hard it was going to be.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Avatar provided by allavatars.com artist Flingling.

Return to “Triangle Islands”