The Queen of Spades is Hiring - Opportunity for Unsavories

Where all the pigeons flock to leave their messages to the good people in the Western Kingdom.

Moderator: Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

The Queen of Spades is Hiring - Opportunity for Unsavories

Post by Ashari »

This billet has been hung in prominent and shady places about the city, though who the author is seems to be publicly unknown. What is known is that they were hung on Jygust the 31st, and according to gossip done so by a handsome blond rogue (if one believes the wash maids stories!) sometime in the trade tide of that day. Also, in listening to the gossip that surrounds these Articles of Piracy one gets the general impression of interest, though how serious of interest would have to be discovered IC by hanging about and talking to the populace. Head to the Poor Quarter to learn more...

Be it known that in these times of disharmony, when a Soldier declares himself King, & all about are stopp'd in their livings, & the law of the sword declared; those who are Denied an honest trade must Take for themselves an Dishonest one, or suffer them & theirs to starve & sorrow.

Able hands find Assurance in their trade & consider the Articles for your future. Be not loyal to a Soldier disloyal to the Kingdom by chusing only for himself! Pledge your loyalty to the sea, & go on the account!

Articles of Piracy

I. Every man has a vote in Affairs of Moment; has equal title to the fresh provisions, or strong liquors, at any time seized, & may use these at pleasure, unless a scarcity makes it necessary, for the Good of All, to vote a retrenchment.

II. Every man to be called fairly in turn, by list, on board of Prizes because, (over and above their proper share) they were on these occasions allowed a shift of clothes: but if they defrauded the company to the value of a Circlet in plate, jewels, or money, marooning was their punishment. If the Robbery was only betwixt one another, they contented themselves with slitting the ears & nose of him that was guilty, & set him on shore, not in an uninhabited place, but somewhere, where he was sure to encounter Hardships.

III. The lights & candles to be put out at 8 o'clock at night: if any of the Crew, after that hour still remained inclined for drinking, they were to do it on the open deck.

IV. To keep their piece & cutlass clean & fit for service.

V. To desert the ship or their quarters in battle, was punished with death or marooning, as the Captain & Crew deem fit.

VI. No striking one another on board, but every man's quarrels to be ended on shore, at sword.

VII. No man to talk of breaking up their way of living, till each had shared 25 Crowns. If in order to this, any man should lose a limb, or become a cripple in their service, he was to have 8 crowns, out of the public stock, and for lesser Hurts, proportionately.

VIII. The Captain & Quartermaster to receive two shares of a prize: the Master, Boatswain, & Gunner, 1 share & 1 half, & other Officers 1 & 1 quarter.

IX. The Musicians to have rest on the occasion of Rasday, but the other 9 days & nights, none without special favour.

Ye will know the Captain of this Just Endeavour by the Queen of Spades. Find the Lady if ye wish to join in a Prosperous Future!
Last edited by Ashari on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Return to “Royal Mail”