Civus

The world ends at Pan's temple - Jygust 31st, MT

Post by Langredoc »

What happened before.

ooc

In reverence to

https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

ic:

Langredoc approached Paige ignoring the city guard. Reiker the wolf had already taken position between the woman and the guard.
“I am her bodyguard...” Langredoc said, answering a unasked question while he reached out to Paige. His hand stroked her chin, her eyes wide open expressed fear in abundance. It took her a while to see the real face before her, fear clouding her senses. When she did she also stretched out her hand to confirm if that what she saw was reality, like she didn't trust her eyes.
“You followed me..” she whispered. The warrior just nodded. “You wanted to keep me safe.”
The stepped forward embracing the man, placing her face at his chest.
“I am scared. I have a feeling that my sister died this night. Eaten by this pool of pain and loneliness. Something died with her, something deep inside me.”
The man stroked her hair while listening, his eyes and those of the wolf never stopped their vigil, this was a bad night, and it could become much much worse if they where not careful. The guard gave up, he had other things to do, and maybe he also feared the night. The reason was not important, he walked away.
Langredoc shielded the shivering woman from the world around her, while she cried softly. After a few burns she went on, her voice filled with tears. “I want to leave this horrible place. I want to go back to the forests.. I want to see the sun through the morning dew... I want to hear the birds singing.”
Her hand stroked his chin, tear filled eyes searching for confirmation in those of the warrior. Langredoc smiled and kissed her lips.
“Maybe I want to hear the sound of children playing...” she said in between kisses. “I want to leave from here...now.”
Langredoc nodded. He knew the consequences, they would never be able to return to Citadel without danger. Not that it changed much to the man, he would be a outcast or a fugitive anyway, it was Paige that he was concerned about. Her eyes told him enough, no need to try to convince her otherwise. The man was not even sure if he wanted to change her mind. The idea that Paige would share his life was tempting to say the least. He played with her hair for a few flickers then the two started to walk, facing a uncertain destiny. After a few steps Paige complained that she had a headache, her hands grabbing her head. She muttered that she could hear her sister calling her until a few flickers later she just passed out. Her body quickly caught by Langredoc.

The man swallowed the panic that was collecting inside him. He noticed the guard who was watching from a distance. “I need a healer and quick !” he shouted at the man. The guard approached the two carefully, not sure what to think about the situation. But Paige's pale face was way too real for a joke or trick, so when the man was convinced he guided the warrior to a healer.

Langredoc was worried because when he placed the woman on the table it seamed that she was barely breathing. Panic started to settle in until he took control again. The healer was a old man who quickly started to check the vital life signs of the woman. Langredoc could only watch and stare at that beautiful pale face, that had a strange smile. The healer suddenly stopped.. looking surprised.. checking for life signs again, he turned towards Langredoc. “She has died.. I don't know why. She just died.”
With these words the whole world collapsed for Langredoc.. Langredoc knew that nobody just died. There could be many reasons, even a broken heart.

When he touched the body of the young woman he could feel it was gone, no heartbeat, no breathing, all silent. The healer and the guard closely watched the young man like if they where unsure about how violent he would react. Langredoc bended forward and softly kissed Paige's lips. He whispered “Good journey my dear, may Pan make sure that your never bored.”, stroking her hair. His normal (dis)trust in the Gods returned so he quickly checked her body for traces that would tell him if she died of non natural causes, he could not find any, and that did not convince him though. Once again he had a feeling that he was not meant to have friends. At least he was tall and strong now, so he could bury her by himself, she was not the first he had buried. Just the last in a long line. He collected some of the woman's belongings together with a lock of her hair. When ready he asked the Healer for a piece of cloth. The old man gave him a while lined peace of cloth that Langredoc wrapped around Paige's body.

After placing some coins on the table he asked the guard where a temple or cemetery for those who followed Pan was and he picked up the now lifeless body.

After a remark that sounded like “Well, don't forget that you have to come with me to report this all..” the Guard guided Langredoc to a Temple of Pan.

Located on the Inner Ring of the Citadel, it is one of the few known temples of the infamous god, Pan, blossoming in the tolerance that used to be so typical of the capital. Though there are altars for the sects of Pan's Blood and Pan's Arts this temple is mainly devoted to Pan's Joy: the wild enjoyment of drink, sex and music to the abandonment of everything else. And surely it’s no coincidence that this temple is located right between the former Rose Guild and the Bardic College. The sounds of revelry have died out with the raids in the town, a sudden silence that seems almost eerie.

The whiter than white marble columns are invitingly covered by green vines, almost pulling the visitor inside. The entrance of the temple is formed by a set of large marble stairs that give a sense of awe, but the creeping plants manage to give the atmosphere something intimate at the same time. The great redwood doors stand open to welcome all who wish to worship the Threefold God.

Entering the sanctuary and crossing the marble floor accented with inlaid lines of black mica, one quickly realizes that the vast chamber is divided into three areas, each containing an altar to an aspect of the deity. Huge columns rise up to the vaulted ceiling, each entwined with lush vines, giving the sanctuary a feeling reminiscent of a garden.

Acolytes are present to greet visitors, dressed in loose robes.

Langredoc arrived at Pan's temple with all the weight of the world in his arms. Paige's eyes closed and her head leaning against the tall man's shoulder most people probably assumed wrongly that the woman was deeply asleep.

He would like to scream at the Gods, fight them, force them to bring the woman back to life. To demand the sunshine back that they had taken from him. Still he could not, he was a warrior, a red warrior. So he faced the Red Warrior and took his loss, something had died inside him.

So now his eyes searched for a priest.. priestess of pan who could help him to make sure that Paige would go her own way. Like she always had.
He nodded a thanks to the guard who had guided him here.

The happiness of Pan's temple, the thrill surrounding it made him feel more lonely by the flicker. It was like he was on his way to a wedding with his bride dead in his arms. His feet refused to enter the place.
Last edited by Langredoc on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

From somewhere within the Temple came a sound of singing, the voice soft and definitely feminine and lacking the volume to truly shine, pleasantly smooth and silky even at this distance. A shadow moved amidst the pillars around the Altar of Art, but it was not that shadow that greeted Langredoc. A soft cough announcing her presence a woman of regal bearing, her blond hair seemingly possessing a life of its own, shifting in the gentle breeze coming through the open doors. For a flicker she observed the warrior, her head tilted and then her soft, full lips parted, only to close again a moment later. A flicker later she tried to say something again and then in third attempt, after a soft sigh she moved to Langredoc’s side. “What’s the matter? If you are looking for a healer, the Temple of Mother is across the street. And I fear the Altar of Joy is still inert so, we can not perform the ritual properly. You are welcome to give it a try if you will, but I suggest you wait till tonight, since the ritual is most powerful at midnight. Perhaps the altar awakens for you even though others have failed.” She did not look terribly hopeful, but neither did she look like she was mocking the young warrior.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Nothing was as it should be.. so the words of the woman changed nothing in the world of pain that the young warrior was in. He wanted to say so many words, express how he felt and tell about dreams lost. In the end he only said, "My love is dead, I can wait until the world ends. There is nothing important anymore in my life."

So he sat down crossed his legs and kept the dead body of the woman close to him. Watching her face he wanted to cry, but he could not. Emotion was weakness and he had always survived without showing it. He just watched the face and deep inside him all hope that this was just a bad dream slowly faded away.

The wolf watched Langredoc's face intensely and then licked it until the warrior placed a hand on the animals head realising for a moment that he was not alone, he still had one friend. Even in pain, the eyes of the wolf made a small spark in Langredocs darkness. The two friends just waited for what was coming, their world was awfully small for the moment while one mark followed an other attached to the next and Paiges face just got pail and the day passed, unnoticed.
Last edited by Langredoc on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The woman gasped inaudibly when the warrior revealed the true state of the woman in his arms, though she did not move to assist him, letting the wolf and warrior mourn in peace for a few long flickers. At last she moved closer and knelt next to the trio, sitting down on her heels and sat there silently for almost a burn. “I am Eilish, daughter of Pan. Why don’t you tell me what happened and how we can help you and your…. dead love?” She reached out and scratched Reiker between the ears, distracting the pup for a flicker or two. “If you want to be left alone for a while, I can show you into one of the empty rooms. You won’t be alone here.” She glanced down towards the Altar of Art and a door a bit to the side. “We still have plenty of room, so don’t hesitate to ask.”
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc listened to the young woman, pondering about what to do. Then at the end he just told the woman all the details of what had happened and how he had ended here in front of the temple of Pan.

After a few flickers he resumed "I don't need a empty room to be lonely lady Eilish. I need a guide who can tell me how Pan's followers lay their loved ones to rest. So Paige can find her way to happiness. For me.. I have a other job to do, and i pray if the Gods will tell me if she has been murdered or not.."

And if she is murdered, blood will run over my feet,,,,,,,

"Sorry for bothering you Lady..." he ended.

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Eilish listened patiently, nodding here and there, her eyes filled with compassion, frowning as the actual moment of death was described. “People do not die just like that. Was she ill before this? Acted strange or something? Maybe.....” She paused and bit her lower lip. “Maybe she was consuming drugs or worked with dangerous chemicals. They rarely kill quickly. Did she have any enemies?” As she spoke the woman rose and offered her hand to Langredoc helping him to his feet and led the way towards the Altar of Blood, seeking a blood rag strip of silk and laying it before the altar, and then leading the warrior to it. “Lay her down here. This is the Altar of Blood, but that aspect of Pan is not just violence. Blood is not the blood spilled, but the passions and emotions within us. Pan is a god of passions, not a god of sex as many think. Since Joy and Art require a person to be alive, this is the altar at which the people are ushered into the afterlife. Here we let loose every ounce of pain we feel at our losses. Here we scream in anguish and we cry until our eyes are dry. Here we scratch at our faces to balance the inner, emotional pain with some sort of physical suffering. Here, we weep and cleanse ourselves of pain at our loss, so that we remember our loved ones without regret and so we can later smile when we think of them.” She sighed and knelt down before the altar, patting the cold, hard stones next to her, beckoning Langredoc to join her.
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

A small amount of time had passed since her run-in with the man at Simple Pleasures, but Aerin stayed vigilant to her quest to find her missing classmate, her meandering path soon bringing her towards the temples and the spot where the Red Rose Guild had once stood. She paused near the rubble, looking at both the Temple of Mother and the Temple of Pan, caught in a slowly-rising fit of tension. Sure, she had spent the night dreaming of death, dismemberment, and killing – or so she had hoped as it had been her plan from the beginning of sleep even if she could not recall the dreams, but those were faceless strangers and/or people that she hated.

Not her friends.

Not Paige.

“I…” she breathed to no-one, glancing at the Temple of Mother in the plans of going there to inquire about the body, but her feet held a meeting while she was preoccupied and voted unanimously that they were not taking her in there until she had a stiff drink, got laid, or prayed…something – anything – to perform genocide upon the butterflies in her stomach.

Her eyes went back to the Temple of Pan. Fialessa might be inside, and able to help the redhead though this… Or Vanir… Or another… In any event, one of the things that Aerin liked about her new religion was (although Fialessa and Vanir had both insisted otherwise) If you want to pray, get fucked, or get fucked up…Pan’s got you covered… she thought with a deep breath as she strode into the Temple of Pan and began looking about at the altars for a familiar face or faces.
Last edited by Aerin Penna Seleratus on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

The warrior did not directly answer the questions the priestess asked him because he himself was not clear about her death.

"No people don't die just like that... " he just replied.. while he tried to suppress the anger inside him while he listened to the words and explanations of Eilish.

He carried his love to the altar and with all the care in the world he placed her body on it. He arranged her clothing neatly and at the same time went over her body again searching for signs that would tell him about the course of death. Again he found none.. he just did not have the experience in this area.

When Eilish signalled him to join her, he reluctantly left the body wiping away a few specks of dust. A few steps and he went down on one knee, took out his two blades and placed them in front of him. He would find the reason of her death... and if it was a person or god or thing he would meet his demise..

"Eilish... is your God any good in finding the truth ? Or do you know a different way to find the reason why she died ?"

He took a knife from his boots kissed it and said.. "Eilish... if you don't want to see blood please look the other way. I am also a pagan, and the Red Warrior is my guide. I want to know what killed her.. and if its a someone I will make sure that he or she shall regret it for the short time of life they have...."

It sounded like a oath... what it was.. and then man sliced in his hand and made the blood drip on the blades..

"The warrior stands !"

Graves

Post by Graves »

Eilish's eyes betrayed what may have been the slightest surprise at Langredoc's intensity, though they retained their lurid and stark passion. "Pan is the god of passions. If one's passion for finding the truth is strong enough, well..." she trailed off, leaving the question to linger in the air without an answer for a few moments, still eyeing the stranger tentatively.

"I assure you, I am not squeamish: far from it, actually," she breathed, watching with what might be described as detached interest as Langredoc cut himself and bled onto his weapons. She recognized the ritual, of course, and there was a flicker at the sight of the blood, but she didn't speak for long moments after Langredoc performed his little rite.

"Tell me what happened. The whole story, leave nothing out. Sometimes the truth can hide just beneath the surface, under stones that might appear impossible to turn over," her tone revealed-- unapologetically-- that she thought Langredoc might have left something out, some detail.

Aerin saw, upon entering, the beautiful form of Eilish, wreathed in robes of bright crimson and pink that seemed slightly too form-fitting to be priestly, but still retained a great measure of dignity.

Almost as soon as Aerin's eyes set upon the daughter of Pan, the demi-god turned a mischievous gaze over toward the doorway, seeing Aerin all at once, as if that single glance suddenly exposed everything Aerin was. Almost as quickly as it arrived, the stare departed, leaving behind a strange feeling: like the afterglow of a truly intimate encounter.

"Tell me about the girl. Tell me about what happened," Eilish repeated to Langredoc, as if to dispel any trace of hesitation he might still possess, unravelling-- yes, unravelling, for that's the only way to describe the fluidity of her motion-- her body to sit near the altar as she spoke, gesturing for Langredoc to sit next to her, the two of them facing rather pointedly -toward- the body of Paige.

"There need be no secrets in this temple." The way she said the words sent an electric tingle down the spines of both listeners.

It was only then that Aerin's gaze might see the body upon the Altar of Blood: the familiar face, curvature, and dress. The quiet peacefulness of the entire view. It all could only add up to one thing, one thought, one sudden realization:

Paige.
Last edited by Graves on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[i]But remember when I moved in you,
And the Holy Dove was moving too,
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah...

--- Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah[/i]
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

The warrior tasted the words of Eilish and the left bitterness when he realized that the woman wanted to hear the story again to see if he could retell it in the same way again.

The idea that someone assumed that he could have harmed Paige fuelled his anger and frustration.

"My love is dead, and you did hear my story already. Give me a good reason to repeat it. For now I am only interested in what is the real cause. Because I know I did not cause her death. The Red Warrior is my witness that I did her no harm.. Still if mortals caused her death I shall walk in their blood and use it to wash away some of my pain..."

A slight movement in the corner of his eye made him reach out for his blades and turn towards it...

Now he faced the Red haired woman Paige knew... how triggered also a faint memory of a angel...

The blades moved like snake heads in the man's hands searching for a place to strike, to slash out and release the anger and pain that was hidden behind the emotionless mask that he now wore on his face...

"You..." he said.. and he moved one blade so it pointed towards Paige's body.. "What do you know about enemies..."

He suppressed the urge to shout... he knew so little and now she was dead.. if he had known more.. maybe she would still live... still live... still live... still...

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

To say that Aerin’s stunned silence was the type in which one could hear a pin drop would be an understatement. The sight of Eilish… ...of her smile… ...of Langredoc… ...of his knives… ...of Paige…

No, Aerin’s silence was more of the variety where one could have heard a butterfly’s flatulence in the middle of a hurricane while armies of thousands played the bloody accompanying backbeat of steel upon steel, wood, and bone.

His accusation, for that is what she took it as, merely upped the tempo as her blood began to hammer in her ears.

She took in his query along with the sight – Paige lying near/on the altar, unmoving…Langredoc obviously flustered as if caught fresh in the kill.

Those blades…those damned blades…

The fact that Eilish was a bystander or possible accomplice made no difference as the redhead’s temper began to rise and swell within her, any thoughts that Eilish’s smile might stem from mindcraft magick like Ashari’s thrusting past the unshielded apprentice’s mind set aside to make way for rage.

“Oh, I think that you are about to fucking find out…” she growled, moving toward him, her right hand slipping under her skirt to draw out one blade while the other plucked the visible knife from her belt. “Start explaining, or start bleeding.” She warned through clenched teeth.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

Rhoddin wandered down the now familiar roads of the Citadel, whistling to himself as he went. He was quite pleased with himself this morning, maybe it had been his encounter with Reise, maybe the sense of something new in the offing, he wasn't really sure, but he was feeling pleased with himself and the world.

As he approached the Temple of the Mother an impulse to visit otherwise struck the young bard, and as was his want from time to time, he decided that perhaps the Temple of Pan might offer more interesting fare today, after all, Pan was the god of Bards.

Having made up his mind, Rhoddin climbed the grand marble stairs of the Temple, walking happily across the threshold between the great redwood doors of the Threefold God.

As his eyes adjusted to the dimmer light of the temple, he beheld a most strange tableau. Three people he saw, two with weapons drawn, and what was that on the alter, surely not, but yes it was what appeared to be the body of yet another, female by the look of it. What in the seven hells is going on here! Although no stranger to death, Rhoddin was unaccustomed to such scenes in a temple.

Aware that any untoward action may involve him in something he wasn't all that keen on, Rhoddin moved carefully forward, his eyes moving mainly between the two with their blades drawn, but not forgetting the other as well.
[color=blue]Back from the brink, but still lost, damn some times just never change.[/color]
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

OOC: The world tries to keep Graves away from us. But that won't work. She will probably be back soon when her internet connection is restored. For now I got the permission of Merdiuz to post... Lets keep it civilized...

IC:

Langredoc was.. a tat irritated. The woman's stance, her words, her attitude, her red hair, everything was wrong and on the wrong moment.

“Start explaining, or start bleeding.” words accompanied by movement.. hands moving towards places Langredoc knew, weapons could be waiting to be used. It was a challenge as the warrior had heard one.... And he had never before let someone draw a weapon or challenge him like that without a reaction. He would have been long dead if he had. The Red warrior would have laughed while pissing on his grave afterwards.

Still, he refused to give in to his most deadly anger and frustration. So he answered the call by releasing the right blade in stead of using it, what made the short sword drop towards the ground.

Even before the blade touched the stone floor with a metallic sound, the man lashed out with the palm of his hand to slap the bitches face.... How did she DARE to challenge him over the death of his love....

"Bitch.................."
Last edited by Langredoc on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

As rhoddin approached the alter he observed the scene playing out before him. It seemed two protagonists prepared to fight, maybe over the third lying slumped and disconcertingly still on the alter, whilst yet another watched on, displaying apparently equal interest in both participants.

At about this moment, the young bard saw the males hand lash out to strike the female he was confronting. Ouch that has too hurt, obviously his mother never told him not too strike a woman.

Rhoddin weighed his option, how to diffuse this without becoming a pin cushion himself, definitely without becoming a pin cushion.

Taking a deep breath and praying he was not getting into something he couldn't get out of, the young bard cleared his mind. Slowing his breath he entered a trancelike state that was second nature to him these days.

As he centered his mind, Rhoddin gently pulled together disparate strands of power, lightly forming a weave, which he infused into his voice. As he spoke, the energy he had gathered flowed towards those he addressed.

"Peace be with you." He didn't try anything too complex, he was unsure of the ability of those before him to ignore the call of his Voice. His initial intention was to reduce this tension and see if there was a resolution that didn't involve sticking sharp bits of metal into each other.
[color=blue]Back from the brink, but still lost, damn some times just never change.[/color]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Green eyes were wide in shock as her forward momentum could do nothing to stop the stinging strike to her cheek and ear, for he had underestimated the speed and determination of an angered redhead and slightly missed, his vulgar term for her adding insult to injury as she fell sideways from the blow, his warrior’s muscles far exceeding her mage’s untrained balance and physical constitution.

Her eyes went to Rhoddin as she moved her glance back toward Langredoc, the man’s silent gaze reminding her that not all fought with physical power and that she was not totally unarmed, after all.

“Bitch?” she muttered under her breath as she began to pick herself up, her blades abandoned on the temple floor. “You just murdered my friend…" She stepped back from him a pace or two, balled her fists and smiled.

"Oh, you have not seen me as a ‘bitch’ just yet…but you will…”

With that, she focused upon Ashari’s lessons of how there was no difference in energies, merely her perception of them, and stared into Langredoc’s eyes intently, picturing ropes of thorn vines gathering in his throat, choking the air out of him, her pulse strong and loud in her ears as both anger and concentration increased.

Pan was not forgotten by the mage - not by a long shot. Ashari had given her an art... Paige's death and catching her murderer in the act had given Aerin passion... And killing that murderer now would give her great joy... There, at the Altar of Blood, Aerin prayed to Pan to give her 'sword' an 'edge'.
Last edited by Aerin Penna Seleratus on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graves

Post by Graves »

Eilish rose with what seemed impossible quickness. She was seated when Langredoc's slap had began its trajectory, and before the resounding smack had reached its end, the daughter of Pan was on her feet and had placed a cautioning hand upon Langredoc's back.

The pair exchanged words, and a newcomer entered-- the priestess' eyes flickered from figure to figure, assessing the situation for a few flickers as the moments ticked by like marks.

The two antagonists, obviously more concerned with one another than the priestess, would not see the subtle glow that began in her eyes and arc'd down her slender arm-- but Rhoddin would. Like a lightning bolt it flew along a collision course with what appeared to be Langredoc's back, carrying all the force of a hurricane... but instead of a collision or the smell of burnt flesh, Eilish's finger inched upward, over Langredoc's shoulder, toward the newly arrived bard.

There was no discharge of electicity, no flashing lights or strange sounds, just a sudden influx of energy. It was palpable, filling the air to anyone who was sensitive to such things. Most of it suffused Rhoddin, which made his spoken words suddenly seem real. They were physical objects, as real as the bladed weapons Aerin and Langredoc wielded...

"Peace be with you," the words rumbled like thunder, commandingly, and forcefully settled into the spines of both Aerin and Langredoc. Did they really need to fight?

Rhoddin felt the flow of power and it felt natural... familiar. It was, after all, the aetheric handiwork of deity he was -quite- familiar with. Nonetheless, he was suddenly aware that his words, at least for the moment, his Voice... was more potent than it had ever been before. It was a strange power: like the feeling a playwright must feel while writing the finale of his greatest work, or the way a potter must feel as the last curves of his masterpiece come into sudden completion.

Curiously, however, the energy also found its way into the Rocky Island student, a sudden infusion of power that she had never felt or imagined before. The mental thorns she imagined were no longer thorns, but long brambles: trellises of patchwork vines, no longer merely encircling Langredoc's throat, but completely constricting it, completely blocking the air out. She was powerful... she was in control...

At the same time, though, the rush of Rhoddin's bardic voice entered Aerin's mind. Peace. Peace. Peace. Peace. It was like a leech, draining away the rage and confrontation and every other reservoir of passion that might have accumulated, leaving behind the lighter energies of empathy and understanding. Nonetheless, Aerin found herself in a state of tranqulity, Langredoc's throat in her aetheric hands, completely at her mercy.

Langredoc, for his part, felt Eilish's hand upon his back and then there was only a sudden darkness encroaching upon his eyes as the air was driven from his lungs. The force of the constriction was such that he would be forced to his knees, but not knocked unconscious. The words of Rhoddin echoed through his mind, but could the magically powered words of the newcomers voice extinguish all of the rage he felt? Eilish's hand remained upon his back, tender, gentle.

"Please, both of you... this is a place of worship, not a bar room. Have some respect." Eilish's words did not carry the power of Rhoddin's mindcraft. The world did not tremble when she spoke. But in the wake of the magic that had just washed over all those present, they carried something that was needed by all:

Clarity.
Last edited by Graves on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[i]But remember when I moved in you,
And the Holy Dove was moving too,
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah...

--- Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah[/i]
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Rhoddrin was ignored by the warrior who was totally absorbed by his own anger when the muttered words of the red haired woman did hit him.

“You just murdered my friend…"... even in his present state he was forced to assume that she mend Paige...

The idea of him murdering Paige was so shocking that for a few flickers he was frozen in time... giving Aerin a eternity to focus on her magic.. He was not aware of the priestess for now, her magic enhancing that of Aerin.

When his eyes returned to the reality he suddenly became aware of danger, and he was not sure where it came from, until Aerins eyes told him.. he wanted to tell her that she was wrong but something had taken hold inside him.. ripping through the tender skin inside his throat, strangling the tender flesh that had never fully healed from his adventure in Trothgard. He couched trying to get air in his lungs and blood spat through his teeth and over his chin, slowly dripping on the floor of the temple...

The man's first urge was to throw the other blade towards the woman in an attempt to break her concentration, though something in her eyes stopped him, and it was not her magic. Maybe the young man felt guild that he had failed his woman or maybe it was the hate and blood lust that reflected in Aerin's eyes.. Also the picture of Aerin as a angel in a dream barely remembered, that was now a angel of death, restrained his hand. Whatever it was it made him hesitate that flicker that would have given him the change to kill the woman.

Now with life being squeezed out of him inch by inch, and a few flickers left he felt his legs tremble while he refused to go down. Fighting for every gasp of air that he could get through and into his tormented body. His eyes refusing to release those of Aerin.. she was wrong but that did not matter... he was a shadow of the Red Warrior, he refused to go down.

Then he suddenly realized that if she could do that to him, blocking his throat she could also have done that to Paige... in her head.... and anger and desperation flowed through him when he realised that she could play a game and she could be the murderer all the time..

Forced by anger and frustration he stepped forward, the blade moving upwards.. and between his teeth he spat at the woman... "You... killed...... my..... love.....you... not...mmm.. magic... killed ... my...lo...."

His knee's almost gave way.. while he forced himself forward by sheer willpower.. air now lost to words. He would kill her.. even if it would be the last thing he could do.. at least she would be avenged... revenge always taste as sweet as blood... and he tasted it.

A hand was on his back and words washed through his mind battling the rage... for the warrior it was not all about rage.. it was about survival, something he had done from a young age and way not prepared to give it up now. So even now the rage was tempered by the powerful words of the bard his movement was not stopped. The wanted to call the battlecry of the Red Warrior Paladins, "The warrior stands.." but no sound left his lips.. or it should be the sound of blood dripping on the floor.

His hand lashed out to push away who ever was attacking him from the back.. as he was not aware of the nature of Eilish touch.. for all he knew she was a trying to put a blade in his back.

His blade lashed out in a desperate attempt to reach Aerin before her magic would leave his body lifeless on the ground with no clear body marks to tell how he had died..just like Paiges How ruthless and clever this woman was... he would almost admire her.. if she just wanted to die for him now...................
Last edited by Langredoc on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

“In the mind of a madman / There are colour explosions / An eclipse of emotion” – William Carving*, Bard At Large, in his ode ‘Adam in Chains’

Eilish’s movement, however sudden, did not really surprise Ashari’s eldest student as the priestess was not the one brandishing steel over the body of her dead classmate – although the death was not confirmed, however the brunette’s prone form lying motionless upon an altar before a sword-wielding maniac left little to the imagination to say otherwise – and thus Eilish was currently removed from the list of suspects.

As far as Aerin was concerned, the priestess was merely helping to subdue Paige’s killer. Fire licked at her nerves as she felt the power rush – both magickal and mundane as Langredoc fell beneath her infuriated might.

"Are you brave, Aerin? Would you like to learn what I do? Would you like our power?" Ashari’s voice from long ago rang in her ears as she kept the magick in place and took a careful step or two back from the struggling Red Warrior. The Mistress had kept true to her promise and that made Aerin happy, as did watching Langredoc suffer. If her own power was even a fraction of the power which Ashari possessed, Aerin was increasingly impressed for Ashari was both smaller and younger than Aerin and the thought of such phenominal cosmic power existing in such an itty-bitty living space gave her a newfound respect for her mentor. She felt the blanket of calm from Rhoddin’s Voice cover her and still her anger.

However…

Just as she had been early on in her training, when she had killed the tomcat in Ashari’s garden in the midst of calming meditation with nothing but an emotional void surrounding her, Aerin stood near the Altar of Blood with a serene smile on her face and her death grip on Langredoc still in place. She was a born killer, it seemed, able to divorce conscience from consciousness – to revel in the overpowering of prey.

The man before her was not a man. He was a murdering beast. A waste of breath. A cat in man’s guise just waiting to find itself buried beneath her rosebushes. He had, with what breath the young mage had allowed him, called her the murderer, but she could not see how that could be so in Paige's case. His accusations were like a tapeworm-riddled man eating an entire feast and then calling the serving slave a lardass for sneaking a biscuit long after the rest of the food was digested.

In a dead calm, she continued to strangle him, basking in the hot, erotic power of holding another life in her hands. Murder and the ability to control it was, indeed, quite the aphrodisiac for the former farmgirl - it had been so with the cat... with Wrinkles... and now with Langredoc...

And then, with a sigh, Aerin released air back into his throat in much the same way that a fisherman would toss back an unwanted catch into the water, the redhead stepping back a few more paces as she opened her hands – a symbolic act of release as she fully lifted the magick.

“You are correct…” she softly whispered as her eyes rose from Langredoc’s strained features to Eilish’s eyes. “Please forgive me for trying to prevent…” Her eyes moved back to Paige’s stilled form. "...what looks to be unpreventable..."

“Mistress Ashari will be told of this, Swordsman…” she said, returning her sights to Langredoc. “…and she may well make you wish that the sight of me had been your last…”

With those words, Aerin would try to circumvent Langredoc and approach Paige’s corpse.

* Known in RL as Billy Idol
Last edited by Aerin Penna Seleratus on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

As the young bard prepared to speak he was all too aware of the energy directed at him by the third person of the tableau before him, and for a moment he was almost dumbstruck to realise the power she wielded, yet even as the thought of annihilation crossed his mind, the power wielded by Eilish infused his body, and added a level of power to his Voice that he had never experienced before, and as a consequence he was awestruck, even as his mind and soul revelled in the experience.

As he spoke he knew the power he was wielding was beyond his usual and to say he was surprised by the apparent lack of effect it had on the two before him was an understatement. And then when the wielder of the power spoke, and it still didn't seem to register, well Rhoddin was gobsmacked.

And then to top matters off the swordsman seemed to lash out at the second woman. What in the seven hells was going on!

The young bards focus went to the magic wielder, if she could impart the energy to Rhoddin he had felt, well may the gods have mercy on the soul of the swordsman, he was about to be unmade into tiny elements, you didn't lash out at one such as this.

And then the other woman seemed to release her hold on the swordsman. Rhoddin could clearly see the play of energy she was using, but was surprised that one with such limited powers could resist his command so easily, even if her power had be augmented to some degree by the same energy as his. The young bard just knew that most of that energy had infused his words, strange days indeed when the logic of the world he had known was so thrown into disarray!

Rhoddin stopped in his tracks, to say he was wary given what was unfolding was an understatement. The young bard was, well, confused to say the least and he didn't intend to get into something that didn't obey the basic laws of nature, at least as he understood them.

What in the seven hells was going to happen next ...
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Post by Yelena Kintessia »

Her last breath came out as a gasp. Her eyes were open in confusion, in disbelief. Her knees felt very weak. For that moment, Yelena began to take in the interior of the Temple at a blinding speed, but no one else mattered because one image lashed out at the girl as if it was gripping her. Aerin was standing over Paige and the redhead's face gave no reassuring expression. Yelena planned to meet Aerin to find Paige, but there was no way she would have wished to find a... corpse. The last thing that she wanted to happen. Tears began to form in her eyes.

“Aerin! Paige!” The weak exclamation was accompanied by quick footsteps as she ran over to the redhead's side and looked down over the body. Indeed, it was Paige's face. The same dark hair, the same face that she had seen days and days before. She wiped away her tears while cupping the other over Paige's cold hand. “How... How can... Why?” She turned her face to Aerin, clenching her teeth trying to hold back more tears.
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Avatar by Finn! (She's zomg amazing)[/size]
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

OOC: this thread is now impassable.

Eilish watched the fight between Aerin and Langredoc with great interest and when she saw Langredoc crouching, his blood dripping on the floor, she couldn't resist but to lick her lips. Quickly she took a step back, now moving closer to Rhoddin.

When the thought of Aerin killing Paige with her magic entered Langredoc's mind, he felt a shiver shooting up his spine. He could see images of how Aerin was following Paige from the shadows. How she was working her magic, making the shapes with her hands. He could see the wicked grin on her face. She was enjoying every flicker of being in control of Paige's fate. And then finally, with one quick gesture with her fingers, she snapped something in Paige's body and Paige fell to the ground. Langredoc could see how much Aerin had enjoyed killing Paige, the images were very clear and vivid.

Eilish seemed to be relieved when Aerin looked at her, being able to resist the temptation of killing Langredoc. With him crouching on the floor, Aerin was able to walk over to Paige's body and looked at her pale face. But then, other thoughts entered Aerin's mind. Indeed the man was a murdering beast. She could see Langredoc slowly seducing Paige with his false words. Every word that left his mouth was tainted with corruption. Little by little he was winning her over and she thought it was real love. Then, finally, after he had had his way with her, Aerin saw him giving her a potion. Paige drank it without questioning his intentions, blinded by her love for him. Aerin saw her body fall to the ground and she saw the wicked grin on Langredoc's face as he picked up the body. Aerin could see how much Langredoc had enjoyed taking advantage of Paige and then killing her. The images were very clear and vivid.

When Yelena walked into the scene, Eilish grabbed Rhoddin's arm. "You must stop this. They are killing each other! You have to protect the innocent!" she said in a soft voice. For a flicker he could feel a burst of energy shoot from his arm up to his head and he knew it wasn't natural. But then a feeling came over him and he no longer thought about the energies that he was feeling, but he could only see that Aerin and Langredoc were indeed about to kill each other. It felt so wrong. He had to protect Eilish and Yelena from these crazy lunatics!

Yelena was given little time to asses the situation. She had no idea what was going on. Thoughts about what could be happening quickly entered her mind however, the images feeling very clear and vivid. Had Aerin done something to Paige? Was she secretly a mage? Langredoc was on the floor, coughing up blood and the priestess of Pan was seeking refuge with the young man standing a few feet away from the Altar. What was Aerin doing?? What had she done to Paige? Yelena could see Aerin's hand moving over Paige her body, she could see the wicked grin on her face as she worked her magic to make sure that Paige was dead. She had gone insane.

As Aerin noticed Yelena standing next to her, more images filled her mind. What was she doing here? How had she known they were all here? Was she together with Langredoc? Had they double crossed Paige together? She could clearly see Yelena intimately embracing Langredoc as they were watching Paige's body shudder in pain.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

“Mistress Ashari will be told of this, Swordsman…” Aerin said, "…and she may well make you wish that the sight of me had been your last…”

Langredoc's knees touched the ground while he forced air once again down his lungs. The blades touched the ground while he battled the pain.

It took a few long flickers in which many questions passed.. Would he bother about the Mistress Ashari ? Well not now... he could care less. Still why did the woman not kill him, she had him powerless.. Mages ... are all cowards.. or practical he concluded. He had seen her eyes... she should have killed him.... questions.... more questions... no answers just pain.

Moments followed while he watched the blood from his mouth drip on the short swords in front of him, slowly turning the blades red.

“Aerin! Paige!. “How... How can... Why?” a other female voice touched Langredoc and he flinched. He wondered about this voice.. he had heard it before... in a dream.. odd.. dreams coming to life... Aerin.. even more questions and still no answers.

Returning to the first question .........could Aerin have killed his love, something changed inside him while he remembered Aerins cold eyes..

The thought of Aerin killing Paige with her magic entered Langredoc's mind,like a memory returning to him he felt a shiver shooting up his spine. He could see images of how Aerin was following Paige from the shadows. How she was working her magic, making the shapes with her hands. He could see the wicked grin on her face. She was enjoying every flicker of being in control of Paige's fate. And then finally, with one quick gesture with her fingers, she snapped something in Paige's body and Paige fell to the ground. Langredoc could see how much Aerin had enjoyed killing Paige, the images were very clear and vivid.

A picture the warrior was unable to ignore. The blades called for his hands to wield them, and he himself called forth to the Red Warrior.. Even if it had not been his own love.. how many had already met their doom by this creature... how many...had she killed ?

"The warrior stands..the murder on Paige shall be avenged.." the Red Warriors challenge spat out of his mouth.. the blood spray that accompanied it seemed fitting.. His hands took the blades frothe manm the ground and he turned the weapons with the deadly grace of practice towards the women beside his loves body..

Now was beyond anger.. beyond fear.. Aerin was the enemy, she was the murderer.. a fact of life.. no doubt, he would stop her as was his duty.. now he would not be blind of anger.. She had made a mistake and he was still alive.. he would not make the same mistake as she did.

He turned while preparing to throw one of his blades towards the monster in a female body.. the world would be saver after her demise.... His hand extended guiding the blade towards its female target preparing for the short sword's release with all the strength of his tortured body could muster..

From Langredoc with love...... Aerin......
Last edited by Langredoc on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin took a step or two back as Yelena approached Paige and Langredoc began to rise – something was very confusing. Her eyes narrowed upon the other living tenants of the altar area. Dead Paige, she could understand. Murderer Langredoc, too, could be understood. The blonde who had first touched Langredoc first, then went to Rhoddin instead of helping to fully subdue Langredoc…well…she was a different story. Rhoddin himself was a mystery, as was why Yelena circumvented all others and simply walked up to Paige even though Paige’s killer still lived – seemingly oblivious to all but her fallen classmate.

And then a stench in the air hit Aerin. It smelled like a trap.

Yelena had ignored the others because she knew they would be there, last-flicker guilt driving her to put on an act for my benefit. She's been covering for the swordsman all this time which is why she followed me from class... from Simple Pleasures. She's not worried about Paige - she was worried that I would fuck up their plans. The voice man and the blond…co-conspirators to the kill, which is why they have not joined in the fight - who are they? Why was Paige picked for their kill games? Paige’s man – her love – the instrument of her demise at the sacrificial altar… That is why he is not stopped – that is why he lives unbound…, she thought quickly - her mind not only jumping to conclusions, but dancing and frolicking to them as well. One such conclusion was the short hop to 'what to do next' as her eyes focused upon the biggest threat of them all – Langredoc – as he rose and readied a sword.

She readied her own, mentally, her mind replaying the images of the dead Murrelbuck woman’s eyeball as it split beneath her blade and cried rivers of clear gel as the orb slowly deflated into the socket. She doubted that she had the strength to grip his throat once more, so she aimed for the eyes, trying with all of the magick that she could muster in order to blind him before he could close into striking range.

They would all need to be brought to justice for Paige’s death – in one way or another – and if she had to deliver a cartload of bodies to Ashari rather than names and places of confinement ---

“…then so fucking be it…” Aerin muttered under her breath.

And struck.
Last edited by Aerin Penna Seleratus on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

The young bard was watching closely, trying to discern the multitude of issues that he was confronted with, when he noticed the blond woman lick her licks, almost in anticipation of something else again. What in the name of the almighty is going on here! Rhoddin recognized wrong when he saw it, and this was wrong.

Then she touched his arm and the Rhoddin felt an unnatural surge of power run up his arm. He knew it was wrong, but he couldn't quite place why, and then he no longer cared. He knew that that he needed to protect the blond woman and new comer from the two protagonists before him.

Rhoddin had not used his powers in earnest for some time now, but this seemed a good time to change that! As he entered the almost trancelike stance that preceded the use of his powers, the young bard had one thought only, which was odd in itself if he was honest with himself, stop those two in front of him.

The etheric plane he was now so familiar with seemed to be awash with energies he was not familiar with, but it was energy none the less, and buckets of it by the feel of things. Stilling his mind, Rhoddin focused on the task at hand. Using his mind as he had learnt and practiced for over a yahren now, he wove the strands of disparate energies, forming two almost rope like strands of energy, in his minds eye he saw strands of light-like energy woven into two ropes of shimmering power.

Into these glowing streams of power he wove a single word, although he was capable of more complex commands he still found that keeping it simple worked best, and most effectively. His mind recalled the archer on the roof of the alley when he had first entered the Citadel, well at least they're not going to fall to their death. And to The two lunatics before him Rhoddin SPOKE,

SLEEP Into the command he wove as much of the considerable power around him that he could manage, which these days was quite a considerable amount of energy indeed.

As he finished, he began to hum a soft lullaby his mother had thought him, but it was no longer an ordinary tune, it was now imbued with an energy his mother would never have imagined. As he watched what unfolded before him, snatches of the song entered his humming, his well trained voice now enhanced by the power rhoddin drew in from around himself, soft, quiet, comforting, relaxed, peaceful, sleep children, do not let the pain that confronts you overcome you, sleep now and when you wake, well then you can decide. Thoughts ran through the bards mind as he wove an increasingly melodic and word infused tune into the air and ears of those around him.
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Post by Yelena Kintessia »

Yelena was speechless. Every time she attempted to utter a word from her mouth she could feel something holding her back. She did not know what it was at all, but it was there. Her eyes darted around the ones present over and over. Why, why why!? What is going on!? She could see Aerin with a devilish grin standing over Paige's... corpse. The man near her had coughed up some blood. A flicker later it hit her. She could see Aerin killing Paige with magic, weaving however they do, slowly churning the life out of her target.

No, it couldn't have been... Aerin? There was no reason for her... Yelena tried to call out to the redheaded woman. “A... Ae...” Nothing more came out. Why? Aerin please let this not be true! The noise that she had made was mostly inaudible. It was no use and she did not know what else she could do. Tears began to fall down her cheeks in confusion and frustration. She felt helpless. One of her best friends died, the murderer could have been another one of her friends and she did not even know the reason. Yelena was just a spectator now. All she could do was look.

The warrior man rose up from the ground and readied a sword to throw at Aerin. When she turned her head, Aerin also looked to be using her magic somehow, muttering under her breath. Yelena had no idea what to think anymore. It was too much.
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Avatar by Finn! (She's zomg amazing)[/size]

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”