Entrance thread of Tobias T`shengal

Moderator: Mods

Tobias T`shengal

Post by Tobias T`shengal »

Tobias thinks about this for some time, digesting the question. Then he looks up. "I believe that in my hour of need my strength must come from myself and you- I cannot simply ask divine intervention because it is easy and convenient. I believe that I must first help myself before I can be helped by you. So, no, I don't think I can run back to this temple and have my problems solved for me."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

A worthy answer indeed, but perhaps you misunderstood my meaning. Was that a chuckle Tobias heard in his mind?

I meant that if in your hour of greatest need, you had cause to call upon my strength, which I offer to my dedicated followers. Could you find your way here again.
Tobias T`shengal

He flushes in embarrassment at his misinterpretation. "A-At present I don't know. I know nothing of this island's geography, and I have heard only the providence of the gods may bring travelers to the Oracle's Isle..."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Again there was the hint of a chuckle rolling through the back of Tobias' mind, My son, you are no longer on Oracles Isle, well at least your soul isn't, you are in my residence, for want of a better word.

Do you remember what happened when you stood in the pool on the Isle? Can you recall the circle of light and the tune you hummed?
A quizzical note had entered the thoughts sliding through his mind.
Tobias T`shengal

He blinks and swallows as he takes in the god's statement. My soul isn't...?! Guess I shoulda expected something like that...what am I saying, I'm talking to a god, how can I EXPECT anything? Probably aren't even talking... "Uh... yes, yes I do. I remember it."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Then you have the key to my dominion. Your teachers on the Isle will instruct you, but remember you first experience, it is the key.

Now it is time for you to return, do you have any questions first?
Tobias T`shengal

He thinks about this for a moment, then shakes his head. "No, my God. I am ready."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As he spoke the words, the circle of light sprang up again, obscuring his vision of what surrounded him in an opaque white film.

Again the single note infused the air surrounding him, as the light moved in and permeated his body.

Suddenly Tobias found himself floundering in the water of the pool on the Isle, water covering his face, and filling his mouth and nose.
Tobias T`shengal

Tobias gasps violently, sucking in water as he thrashes in shock, before heaving himself up above the water, choking and sputtering. He tries to get in a breath edgewise as he vomits water and coughs, then, still retching water and gasping heavily, clambers out of the pool and lays on the floor for a moment, wet, confused, and short of breath. After a short time he feels more or less steady and rolls and gets to his feet, looking around warily.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As Tobias lies spluttering on the edge of the pool, the old lady he had spoken too earlier approached him, and gently lays an aged hand on his shoulder. A surge of warmth and comfort passes through his body, before dissipating and leaving him breathing regularly.

"You found what you sort my son?" the old lady enquired gently of Tobias.
Tobias T`shengal

He shakes his head to clear it, seeming mildy surprised by the reappearance of the old lady. He nods. "Yeah...I guess I did find it." He looks around the temple, then back at the woman. "So...where do I go from here?"
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

A cackle of amused laughter left the old woman as she contemplated Tobias just recovering on the edge of the pool. "Why supper of course my lad, you need to rebuild your strength after an encounter with the gods.

"Come, dress yourself and follow me," the old lady awaited Tobias, patiently standing as he looked around for his clothing.
Tobias T`shengal

Tobias blinks, such a mundane thing as dinner a foreign ideal to him after his divine experience. Then, as his mind shifts back into gear, the rest of her words hit him and he realizes he's still naked. "A-ah!" With a jump of surprise he rapidly gathers up his clothing and dresses quickly. He gets up and nods to the old woman, flushed and a little embarassed.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As the old lady led Tobias through the small door, the young half breed suddenly found himself confronted by a riotous array of colour and smells, as he surveyed several tables laden with a variety of fruits, nuts, breads and juices. Several empty plates were in evidence, as well as an assortment chairs scattered around the medium sized room.

"Help yourself my son, I'm sure there is something to your liking here, I do believe cook has catered for every possibility of the Seven Isles, " and the old lady shook her acient head smiling at the array of food before them.
Tobias T`shengal

He gasps shortly, as in all his life he has never actually seen so much food all in one place, and of so many varieties. As the scents and odors enter his nose, he finds that his experience has left him voracious.

"Thank you, ma'am, I will." He quickly commandeers a plate and places a liberal assortment foods upon it, as well as a cup of juice, and heads for a seat near a corner of the room.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Several burns pass in companionable silence as Tobias devours the food he has comandeered, and the old lady sits quietly drinking a glass of cool fruit juice.

Upon noticing Tobias coming towards the end of his meal, she begins to stir. "as you should now be replete," and at this she raises a questioning eyebrow to Tobias, "It is beholden to me to show you the temple, and where you will be billetted."

Standing slowly, but steadily, the old lady beckons Tobias towards the other door from whence they entered the room.

Return to “Oracle's Isle archives (old)”