Enterance Thread for Aubrille Delassiae

Moderator: Mods

Aubrille Delassiae

Post by Aubrille Delassiae »

She felt a wash of pleasure come over, purely from the approval of Omniscience. She was free to be! She was living right. She smiled to herself, barely able to keep her singing throat closed.

It was a good job she didn't burst like she'd wanted to. As she returned to Oracle's Isle, water filled her mouth in a sudden rush of cruel realism, and she spluttered to the surface, her pale and unclothed body waking up to her path. Her path, which came from walking, moving her feet. The gold voice had faded, and his presence was as real as the wind; doubtlessly alive, yet hopelessly immaterial.

It was alright, she said, comforting herself as she clambered out of the pool and rubbed herself red-dry. It was all good, he had said so. She bit her lip, and warm tears welled in her eyes. She had his blessing - it couldn't have lasted forever - she was free to be -

These thoughts and more, racing and shouting to one another inside her, peaceless.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

"Welcome back child," the soft voice of the old woman interupted Aubrilles musings as she dried herself at the edge of the pool.

"Did you find what you sort?"
Aubrille Delassiae

Aubrille smiled softly, and nodded, eyes down and guarded.
"Thank you," she added, remembering her manners.
She rose to her feet, asked the woman where all the people were; she hadn't seen any islanders as she walked to the temple, despite the planted fields and the path and the buildings.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The old lady looked at Aubrille, and considered her question in relation to the people of the Isle. "The people who tend the fields of the Isle are usually not people of the temples, but villagers from scattered parts of the Isle.

"It is quite curious that they seem to know when new arrivals have come to the Isle, and in most cases, if not acutually all cases, they vacate their fields for their homes on such days. You could almost say that the gods give them a day off, and expect them to take it. Maybe it is part of the magic that brings people to the Isle, or maybe something else, I have really not considered it deeply before, but perhaps I will now." The old lady lowered her head, as if noting something in her mind to come back too later.

"Now child, are you hungary, perhaps you would care to break your fast before preceding to Illuminatis' Temple and beginning of your indenture to your god?"
Aubrille Delassiae

Aubrille smiled gratefully.
"Yes," she beamed, "I'm ravenous."
Then she looked confusedly at the woman.
"Illuminatus' Temple?" She didn't know where she was, all of a sudden. Of courses, many paths met on the island, so there would be monuments to every religious movement, but whose temple was this? And how did the woman know she was a follower of Illuminatus. Aubrille couldn't remember whether she had told her or not.
"Yes.." She murmured, repeatedly her willingness to go, but gently unravelling questions dextrously in her light mind.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As the old lady led Aubrille through the small door, she suddenly found herself confronted by a riotous array of colour and smells, as she surveyed several tables laden with a variety of fruits, nuts, breads and juices. Several empty plates were in evidence, as well as an assortment chairs scattered around the medium sized room.

"Help yourself my child, I'm sure there is something to your liking here, I do believe cook has catered, as usual, for every possibility of the Seven Isles, " and the old lady shook her acient head smiling at the array of food before them.
Aubrille Delassiae

Aubrille looked up in delight at the woman, and laughed a little. What a lot of food! She piled anything brightly coloured onto her plate, not caring what it was - fruits she recognised, from the huge markets of the capital, but not much else was familiar.
She sat down at the table and began to eat, all the while trying to keep her manners in trhe battle against her appetite. Mouth full, she asked the woman,
"How did thur cm to be so much food? I suppose the isle has donaishuns from piwgrims?"
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

A delighted laugh escaped the old woman. "We grow most of our own food, and what we don't grow we trade for.

"Our Isle is close to several major trade routes, and the fisherman of the port oft find strange goods to trade with passing ships. They even rgularly find and trade pearls from the oysters in the harbour itself."

The woman sat and watched Aubrille eating, a small smile pulling at the corners of her mouth.

Return to “Oracle's Isle archives (old)”