Entrance Thread for Linden

Moderator: Mods

Linden Malova

Post by Linden Malova »

The nature of the sigh and of the old man's speech puzzled Linden, and for a moment the half-elf entertained the notion that perhaps his companion had been in contact with someone other than himself all this time, however, he quickly dismissed the idea; there was no way that was even possible.

As he felt the ground dissolve beneath his back, the young man at first expected to find himself falling, but he was merely floating on the surface of the water. His eyes still shut tightly, Linden gave the slightest nod as the man voiced his support. Then, as he opened his eyes, his body seemed to remember that it really had no idea how to float, and Linden sank under the water.

After flailing about for a few moments, Linden stood in the pool, feeling quite silly about the whole thing, but deciding that he may as well get started right away. He started to step out of the pool of water, heading in the opposite direction of the way he had come in.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Standing watch was an old lady, graceful despite her apparent age, surveying Linden as if he had only entered the water minutes earlier, rather than the extended time Linden had experienced himself.

"Welcome my son, it appears the gods have spoken to you.

"It is my humble task to introduce you to the Isle. May I enquire as to which God spoke to you?"

Her voice was soft, but hardly frail, and the dark eyes that studied Linden where sharp and focused.
Linden Malova

Post by Linden Malova »

Linden thought it was odd the way her posture indicated he had spent much less time in the pool than he thought he had, but he shrugged it off; he would ask about it later. As she spoke, he looked up at the ceiling; he was listening to her, but he was also thinking of other things at the same time.

The half-elf dropped his head so that he could look at the woman and return that gaze of hers, then stepped out of the water and to her side, "Aurelius." Unless she asked more, the young man was not about to bombard her with unneeded information about the conversation that took place. He returned his gaze to the ceiling, wondering exactly what it was he was supposed to look for.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The old woman bowed her head, "Indeed, Aurelias." And she held her council.

"Then you will have much to do, for Aurelias is a great miner of information. I think it best you eat first, and then I will show you where you may sleep." It was odd that she never mentioned a temple, surely all the gods had their own temple.

Turning, she moved towards a partially concealed door, leading to the rear of the room they were in, behind, but to the side of the water feature and the pool.
Linden Malova

Post by Linden Malova »

Linden fought the urge to chuckle at the woman's assesment, 'You have no idea. A lot is quite the understatement. Eat?' The young half-elf looked down and put a hand over his belly, which rumbled, 'Oh, I hadn't noticed how hungry I was.' He nodded at the woman, "Food... would be nice." Pleasantries were not something Linden was very used to, and he followed her to the door, when something struck his mind.

"Where is Aurelius' temple?"
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

They entered a room which was dominated by a table laden with foods of many types. Fruits and nuts, breads and old cuts, and a variety of beverages.

"Help yourself my son, I'm sure there will at least something you like there.

"Oh, I see he's his usual forgetful self." An amused smile played around the old womans mouth. "Aurelius' temple, why it's here," and she tapped her head, "and there" and she tapped the side of Lindens head as well.

Her bright eyes looked at Linden, a bit like a bird might eye an early morning worm.
Linden Malova

Post by Linden Malova »

Linden breathed deeply, inhaling the scent of the various food items. The young half-elf was absolutely ravenous, although he had ignored it during his conversation. He also took note of the beverages; although he wasn't thirsty yet, he would be after eating a bit, "Many things I like... er... what is your name?" The blond picked up a piece of fruit and bit into it heartily, then looked up as the woman tapped his head.

He shrugged, "I think we were both forgetful, I think he implied it, but I didn't notice. Makes sense, though, knowledge isn't bound by buildings, so I guess Aurelius wouldn't be either." Linden took another bite of the fruit, then wiped the juice off of his chin, "If there is no temple, where do we stay? What God do you follow, you seem to know Aurelius, but you asked me which God, implying you know more than one." He stared back at her, chewing slowly.
Last edited by Linden Malova on Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The old lady listerned to Lindens reply, and neatly allowed his question regarding her name to slip by.

"Indeed I am aquainted with several of the gods, some of them better than others. It is probably fair to say that I follow no god or goddess, but in fact that I follow them all.

"As for where you stay, well there are common dormatorities, and I had thought that these might offer you a fine place to stay. They are also close to the common refactory and the Isle's Libary, both of which I'm sure you'll make use of over time."

Return to “Oracle's Isle archives (old)”