Harnessing Energy-Late TT, Chyril 27th

Moderator: Mods

Gaelena

Harnessing Energy-Late TT, Chyril 27th

Post by Gaelena »

Down near the beach sat a hut, by itself, its nearest neighbors far off in the distance. One might think the residence of this building would be lonely, so isolated from the rest of the town, but there was usually a steady stream of people coming and going. A small garden could be seen out in the back, many healing herbs grown there. Also, the sound of chickens clucking softly and the occassional honk of a goose shifted through the air. There was a feeling of calm that surrounded the abode and for all who neared, it was almost palatable.

The storm had passed and a woman stood out on the beach, still in sight of the hut. She was still, almost statue-like in her motionlessness. The only thing that moved were her black eyes, scanning, looking for something that she never spoke of. The wind picked at the long braid down her back, strands of black and white slipping free to wave back at the hut.

In the garden, another figure worked, kneeling down to carefully remove the weeds that were attempting to strangle the life from a ginger plant. A soft, feminine voice carried a pleasing tune from the figure, though the features were obscured by a large conical hat that guarded them from the sun's rays.

OOC: This thread is open to any
Last edited by Gaelena on Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.[/i]
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

Gerrard, after having cut a piece of the fur with a knife he had found on the boat and covering his genitals with it, had wandered off, exploring town and such.

The beach somewhat pulled him, since it is where he first set foot in these strange lands, especially because there might still be some valuables over there. He could hardly think about money though, most of what was on the ship would be lost anyway. Along the way, he had been conversing with the voice in his head until he saw a hut in the distance. He broke off the discussion mid sentence and tried to approach it as quiet as he could, not willing to attract any attention to himself.

He tried to recognise the tune or at least get the pattern of notes that harmoniously reached his ears. The shipwrecked young man walked up to the garden, making sure he did not cross any boundaries, staying on the path, and said "Hello, young lady."

He didn't really know what to say anyway, because he wouldn't understand her, but maybe, just maybe he'd get to learn something from her. It's at least a bit of culture he was sniffing here as well as seeing if he could learn a few words of the Eastern language.
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

The singing stopped at the sound of words, though Gerrard would have heard it before, a lullaby common around Roque, though the words would escape him. The young girl peeking up at Gerrard from under her hat and examined him for a long moment before greeting him back in broken Common. "Hello to the sir. You come from sea?," she queried, glancing down towards the water, where the woman had stiffened before relaxing, turning back towards the hut. Slowly, she began to make her way back towards the girl and Gerrard.
[i]Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.[/i]

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard offered the girl a hand. He smiled at her comment about the sea. "Yes, I come from the sea. Me and my... friends... we shipwrecked not yesterday or tonight. I can't remember really." he said. "Oh pardon my ill behaviour, milady. The name's Gerrard. Gerrard MacKaree of the MacKaree merchant house of Roque d'Ancourt, Empire of the Seven Isles. What name would adorn such a lovely girl like you?" he continued, hoping his charm would get him somewhere at least.

He glanced at the returning woman, but maintained his focus on the young girl. Gerrard was standing as erect as he could, his ribs hurting from the injuries he suffered, but he tried nonetheless. He heard his uncle's voice ringing in his mind Gerrard, your appearance can make or break any business meeting you attend. Stand straight, chest out, chin up and make sure you look good. If you do that, the first ninety per cent of an accomplished deal has been taken care of.
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

The girl looked up at Gerrard, not taking his hand, staring at it with confusion. Slowly, she put hers out towards him. He was talking too fast, saying words she didn't understand. Her mother had taught her many of the strange people's words, but what was a rocky dan court?

The older woman joined them just as the younger one was about to speak, speaking their native tongue to the girl, who nodded silently and quickly departed. "You are hurt," said the older woman, her common slightly accented, but strangely clear. "Please come with me." She gestured for Gerrard to follow her.

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard was awestruck by what happened. The woman interrupted their conversation like it was the most normal thing to do, and how rude she was in the way she did it. She even referred to the young lady in their native tongue without acknowleding her presence to him first! What a way to handle your guests!

As she invited Gerrard to follow her, he stood his ground. He never moved an inch. If she wanted a battle, she'd get it. "Milady, could you be so kind to explain to me why you obviously sent the young woman away? I might not know your language or your customs, but the way you interrupted us was quite rude and I'm not in the least inclined to be treated if my healer can't show a level of respect to others." he said, and added "Oh, and please add to that where I can find her after this ordeal, I'd like to talk to finish our conversation sometime.".
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

The older woman's black eyes met Gerrard's, unblinking as he spoke. "I sent my daughter away as there were chores for her to do and some herbs that needed collecting from nearby to treat your injuries," she replied. "As for using our words, that is because that is what she understands. She only knows a few of your words." She kept her tone cool, though there was a softness to it, soothing.

"My rudeness, as you call it, is due to our customs. Men do not speak so freely with women unknown to them, nor do they attempt to touch them," she added.

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard blushed a bit. How could he be so stupid. Of course this was a different culture with their own way of dealing with others. Especially outsiders. He needed to learn and learn fast would he be able to make enough friends to do some business. He'd sure seen some options, he only needed to explore them.

After a few flickers he gestured the woman to lead him inside. "I beg you to excuse me for my behaviour towards your daughter, milady. I was oblivious to your customs. It seems the cultural differences between your people and mine are bigger than I had anticipated. I'm Gerrard MacKaree, from the MacKaree Merchanthouse of Roque d'Ancourt." he said and introduced himself.

As he followed the woman, he continued speaking. "You speak our language well and you have schooled your daughter well enough to have her get by when meeting someone. I would be obliged if you could teach me more of your culture so I will not act like a complete fool in the presence of others who are not familiar with our customs. In return, I might be able to help around here or teach you or your daughter more about the culture of the Isles. If that is okay with you. I might also need someone to translate for me in the near future and it would be handy if it was someone I would know rather than the first merchant that would pass by." he said and hoped he had found a way to repay for her kindness, as well as learn some more about the culture he was finding here. It was completely different, but very interesting at the same time. He would certainly do all he could to learn what he could.
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

The woman led Gerrard towards the hut. The closer they got, the more feeling of relaxation seemed to slide over his skin, wrap itself around him. She pushed back the curtain and motioned for him to enter. "My name is Iishi Kazumi," she said softly, her way of introduction. Her amber eyes met his as he moved past her.

Once inside, he would note that it was a bit dark, but welcoming. The smell was gentle, soothing. The sound of the surf added to the calm feeling. She gestured towards an area inside with a screen. "If you please, Gerrard MacKaree, go back there. I will give you something proper to wear." She gave a small bow before turning and moving towards a trunk on the other side of the room. "Then we can talk of your needs and those of your body's."

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard followed her inside, the pain faded somewhat from his mind as he entered. His inner voice seemed to ebb away with every flicker as the sound of the surf stuck in his head. Silence... for once there was silence in his head. He didn't know why or how, but he knew to treasure the moment.

"Well met, miss Kazumi." he said and bowed slightly, his ribs immediately aching again. He gritted his teeth as he straightened again and knew not to play with fate again. He lost himself in the eyes of Kazumi. It had been a while since someone actually looked into his, and now their eyes locked for a flicker, and time seemed to stand still... Amber... it seemed to turn golden in his mind. Two golden rings adorned the black pupils. Two rings... two rings... something that stuck to his mind, that reminded him of his parents. Their marriage... two golden rings had bound them, but they were not as happy as they had been long ago. Never would he have a wife and end up like his father. It was his doing that his mother had been so sad. It was his father's doing Gerrard had ran from home that night long, long ago.

The moment their eyes locked had seemed an eternity, and as Kazumi gestured towards the screen, he got behind it. He knew how doctors work and started undressing even before the replacing clothing was given. "If you would just tell me when you are ready to hand it over, Iishi, because I'm in a certain state of undress already." he said. He neatly folded his clothing as best as he could, piling them on the ground.
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

The amber eyes met blue eyes, unwavering. The calm of the healer seemed to radiate out from her, surrounding the man (both body and mind and soul). He would note, faintly, that there were very tiny creases at the edge of her eyes and a few scattered pure white hairs hiding in her long black tresses.

Kazumi had forgotten that the foreigners gave their names differently. A small smile played over her lips as Gerrard misaddressed her. She found some old clothes, perhaps 20 years out of style, but they were of the western cut and only slightly big on Gerrard.

Moving towards the screen, she said, "These should fit. And my given name is Kazumi. We give names differently here. First lesson in our culture." There was a smile in her voice as she handed the clothing around the screen, not looking. It was best to give men their privacy. They could be very shy in the presence of women.

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard took the clothing and tried to make a mental note of what she said. "So," he started, "in our culture you would be named Kazumi Iishi? And my name in yours would be... MacKaree Gerrard?" He donned the clothes as quick as he could and showed himself to Kazumi.

"Kazumi..." he said hesitantly, "What do you think? They are a bit big but they will do for now, right?". He didn't like the clothes, but hey, anything better than walking around half naked, right? At least his crotch would be covered now. "And thank you for lesson number one, milady. I will take all you teach me to heart. There's a lot I would like to do here, apart from finding a way back to my home." he said and waited for the next thing she would want to do.
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

Kazumi smiled as Gerrard stepped out from behind the curtain, a small giggle escaping. Yes, he did look rather silly. He would need more proper clothing, something fitting to their area. Perhaps, after she finished with his healing, she might go into town. There were some things she needed to pick up anyway.

"Yes, Gerrard-san, family name first. It shows honor," she said. Then, she turned and gestured towards a long, padded table. "Please lie down on your back. Tell me where it hurts." She moved over to the other side and reached into a long box, removing several long, very thin needles, placing them over a fire with a sweet smelling smoke.

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard did as the Eastern woman said. He laid down on the table and showed her where it hurt, most of the places were his ribs. As he pointed at the places, he mouth jabbered on again. "So it is respectful to introduce yourself with your family name first? Honor... I got to remind that, milady Iishi. What's with that "san" thing you said after my name. It's not from our language, that I'm sure fo." he had said and saw what she was doing.

"By the Nether! What are you trying to do, Kazumi?! You want me dead?! Pointy things, especially heated stay away from me usually. Or at least I try to stay away from them, and I don't think this time is much different!" he said and tried to get up again.
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

Kazumi noted that Gerrard really liked the sound of his voice. It never stopped flowing from him. This thought caused a small smile to slip on to her lips as she ran her hands over him, though never touching. She simply needed to feel the flow of his chi. His reaction to the needles surprised her for a flicker, but she soon remembered how silly these Westerners were.

"You hush, Gerrard-san," she said softly as she placed her hand upon his chest. "Those for later. Once we get other issues corrected, to redirect your chi. Currently, your energy flow is bad, causes lots of pain and sickness," she said, reaching for his his hand. Turning it over, she pressed her thumb on a pressure point on the top of his arm. Directing her healing energy flow, she massaged the point with her thumbs. Gerrard would actually feel the pain starting to subside slightly in his chest.

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard silenced. Just because he didn't want to nag about those needles anymore, and obviously they were needed probably. Kazumi didn't seem the kind of person that would torture someone for fun. He closed his eyes and let Kazumi do her work on him. He'd try to lay still, even though his hands were clasped around the table.

He let go of it as she reached for his hand. The tension in his face seemed to fade as she massaged the pressure point. The pain in his chest seemed to ebb away and his breathing slowed with it. No voice, he thought, less pain... this woman makes miracles happen. I wonder if she would not want to be my personal assistant in the future. Do make a mental note of that, Gerrard. It might actually come in quite handy. And of course it looks good when you can say that to the people in the Citadel.
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

As Gerrard lay on the table, he would hear shuffling nearby. Kazumi turned her head away from him and spoke in her native tongue to her daughter, who had returned with the required herbs. Her thumb continued to massage the pressure point, the pain easing from Gerrard's body. A feeling of peace began to settle over him.

Turning back to Gerrard, she spoke again. "We will need to wrap your ribs once you are ready, then we will focus on slowly getting your body back into its natural balance."

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard tried to make out what Kazumi said to her daughter. Alas, not knowing the language he couldn't make out shit for brains. To him it was all the same... a shopping list, politics, itineraries... Nether, they might be talking how to murder him, he wouldn't know it anyway.

"Wrap me? Bandages you mean? And I'm balanced. I can stand without falling over." he said as he calmed down. His heartbeat slowed and the tension in his muscles seemed to ebb away. It was like the surf was taking the pain into the sea.

"Kazumi," he asked, "When will you formally introduce me to miss Iishi? I do not want to be rude, but it might make things less awkward might I, in my foreign aloofness, try to speak to her again.".
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

Kazumi shook her head as Gerrard continued to misunderstand her. She knew western men didn't always believe their ways, but he would see soon enough. She continued to move her hand over his, pressing on different points to soothe other aches and to drive away his pain.

"Please sit up and remove your shirt," she said after a while. As he did that, she called over her daughter. She spoke softly in their native tongue for a moment before turning back to Gerrard. "Gerrard san, this is my daughter, Oki. Oki, this is Mackarree Gerrard san. He comes from far away, across the sea."

Looking at Oki, it was easy to see how much she resembled her mother, though she was slightly taller. In the dim light, it was hard to see, but when she looked up at Gerrard, he would note that her eyes were blue. "A pleasure," she said softly, bowing slightly.

"Now, please go get me the bandages," she said to her daughter, who quickly moved away, a small smile on her lips.

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard sat up and, to his surprise, this went without all the pain it used to for the past hours. He removed his shirt, the bruises showing by the discolorations.

As Kazumi introduced her daughter to him, he smiled and bowed his head to her. "The pleasure is all mine, miss Iishi." he said. He was happy he could do all that without any pain. It would, however, have been a lot less embarrassing if he would've been introduced while he was dressed. Luckily Oki didn't seem to mind his state of undress.

He turned back to Kazumi as he had watcher Oki disappear again and asked "Kazumi, you keep referring to me as Gerrard san. Is there a word like san to use after a woman's name? I suspect you use it as a sign of respect, so it would be nice if I'd be able to use it myself towards your people."
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

Kazumi began wrapping the bandages around Gerrard, a faint floral scent coming from them, the cloth slightly damp, soothing against his skin. "It is the same for men and women. I would be Kazumi-san," she said, her hair brushing against his chest as she leaned forward to wrap the cloths around his back.

Leaning back, she eyed him. "How does that feel?"

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard nodded as she finished speaking. He waited patiently until the healer was done wrapping him in bandages. The scent made him calm and the cloth felt good to his skin. The dampness might even help a bit after all the salty water he had been into that night.

"It feels good." he said, "I thank you, Kazumi-san. I had not thought I would have a moment without pain for next couple of days at least. Your hands do magic."
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

Kazumi stepped back and took in her handiwork, looking up at Gerrard, shaking her head. "It will come back, but I will show you how to help the pain," she said, her eyes moving over his chest, taking in the grime on him. "You need to get clean. Clean body, clean energy," she said.

Turning away, she took a bowl and filled it with water and some scented oil. "Please remove your pants," she said, handing him a long cloth without turning around, "then lie back down."

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

"Oh thanks for the encouraging words... it will come back. Well, as long as you make sure I'll be a good student and really pick up what you teach me, I'm fine with it. As long as I won't have a lot of pain I'm up for grabs. On the other matter, indeed, I could use a bath." he said, looking at his arms which still sported sand and salt from the beach.

Gerrard took the cloth and did as was told. He removed his pants, laid back, and put the cloth over him. Damn... she must be really shy. If people are about washing in the Citadel they'd never make a fuss about covering yourself up. They just get over with it. Here I am, covering myself. It's gonna be hard to wash myself when I'm covered. he thought.

"Ready when you are, Kazumi-san."
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

The sound of the ocean continued to flow through the hut, a faint breeze stirring the curtians. There was also the soft sounds of Oki's singing from outside. The words were a sea shanty that Gerrard might have heard, the words understandable to him.

Turning back around, Kazumi placed the bowl next to Gerrard's head, then looked down on him. "Close your eyes and relax. Feel the healing energy flowing through your body, healing your injuries," she said, her voice most soothing, almost hypnotic.

Return to “Long Danh archive”