Dragon's Den - Jygust 31st - Late Morningtide

Located on the north of Mer de la Luna is the capital of the Western Kingdom: Kings Court. Named after the fact it is the king's residence, KC was built by ancient Adhiel ancestors. The capital is surrounded by large grass fields known as the Downs.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Draggo Blacksun
Civus

Post by Draggo Blacksun »

'The little street rat had a name, well, that was just fine. The better for the stonemason to carve into her tombstone.' Draggo thought as the other man, Gavin he gave as his name, scooted around the table to sit beside Syra.

'Grrraaaghh... Now, now, there's no point in getting mad at that Syra. Even if she does deserve a good whoopin.' Draggo argued with himself. Outwardly though his face broke into a friendly smile. As Gavin offered to share a tale or two.

"Fair enough Gavin,..'Syra'." Draggo said with restraint, as he swung his chair around fully to sit at their table. Then reaching back to his own, he grabbed the jug and tankard. "Well lets see, who'd like to go first?" Draggo added hopping that Gavin would be the one to continue talking. He honestly didn't want to hear another squeek out of Syra the street rat.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

The restraint did not go unnoticed. Syrawenn grinned. Appearantly she had gotten to the man worse than he had gotten to her, even if his whole belittling attitude had almost earned him a good kicking.

Simple, he keeps pushin, he gets punched. He behaves, I behave. Besides, looks like he got no choice but to play nice as long as we're inside.

The girl could not help but wonder how the situation might change if she'd meet him out in the streets.

Prolly not that much. Looks like the kind who'll shuddup the moment someone else is around. An let's face it, how big is the chance that I'm gonna be spendin lotsa time alone on the streets?

She eyed Gavin. The big man was curious about the city. Yet if there was anything she'd learned, it was that walking the city alone would grant him a lot more insight than if she was there, placing her own experiences over his fresh look on things.

Sooo...maybe it'll happen anyway. Ah well, we'll see.

Draggo tried to wriggle out from telling his own offered story. The youngster sat up straight. "Come on now, ya started this whole thing with sayin ya got stuff to tell, so why dontcha tell us where yer from then? How was yer trip?"

The girl took a swill of her drink. Perhaps he had enough manners to know people weren't supposed to talk with their mouths full. It would give him ample opportunity to start talking.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

The wench returned with a heavily ladened platter atop of which were three plates of pancakes (which she distributed as appropriate) and a new pitcher of cider and a few extra tankards for the couple. "Now you kids play nice," she said and removed the last item, a mead for the man at the next table over while sliding the serving platter under her arm. The tray was dented here and there. While the pancake house offered excellent accommodations it certainly wasn't the nicest place in the city. There were other places that boasted such claims to their blue-blooded clientele.

"Anything else I can get you all?" She asked, and if not, moseyed about waiting for payment as was the custom for such a place as this. She would tell them what they each owed separately, or just break Draggo's bit off and then tell the couple what they owed, all depending on what suited them. Once that was squared away she departed and placed the mead on the next table. "Here ya are, sir..." Her voice faded into the myriad of sounds that filled the establishment in the marks of the early afternoon.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Draggo Blacksun
Civus

Post by Draggo Blacksun »

Draggo was stumped, he had let himself get cornered. Now he had to tell a story of his own exploits. Even the arrival of the pancakes with the serving wench was not enough to save him. Though he did take the distraction she provided to study the other other table mates carefully. Being generous, he paid for all three meals, drinks and gave the wench a healthy tip. With a wink and a smile that suggested she could buy him a drink later that night if she wished. The gesture would probably leave him
broke, but might also stick in the craw of Syra.

His decision made, Draggo responded to prodding of Syra. "Well, truth be told, I'm from here.... well at least near here. You know the swamp? I was born and raised on a small farm not far from there." Draggo stated as if every one knew of the swamp on the boarder of the Western Kingdom and the Orc lands. "Orcs raided our farmstead, when I was still young. There's no farm there now, and I was the only one to survive..." He said with a sadness in his voice, that such bad memories can invoke.

"... Since then I've been doing just that. 'Surviving'. First battles with orcs when and where I could find them. Then I fought for who ever would pay me. Later, I decided to try the hero thing. You know rescue people from certain death and that sort of nonsense. I fought a demoness that time. barely got away with my soul, let alone my life." Draggo shivered involuntarily at the remembrance of that struggle. "Then, somehow I ended up with a whole bunch off other people in the middle of a vast desert. We helped each other to survive that one. That was until some native warlord and his army decided to wipe us out. Well as you can see
I survived that as well, and now here I am." Draggo ended his story and wet his mouth with another swig of cider.

Draggo leaned in too say softly to his table mates. "The gate guard said that noble's regularly frequent this place, so I figured that I could try to get one to sponcer me. You know hire someone like me, with the talent to survive." After a sudden burst of insight he added. "Your here for the same reason, Arn't ya?" he said in a normal voice as the realisation hit him. He was surprised, that he didn't figure it out before. The cool calm that Gavin showed, the firey hothead Syra. They were swords for hire like himself. Draggo gave a rue smile at this new thought, and shook his head.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

It was both amusing and somewhat unsettling to watch Syrawenn and Draggo argue and fight with words, the appearance of the barmaid and pancakes a welcome distraction. Gavin did not immediately dig into his food, unrolling the pancake with his fork first and taking a good look, even bending down to feel the scent better, and only after he was pretty sure he knew all the ingredients did he roll it back up and took a bite. He chewed quietly, eyes focused on the other man as he told his story. Well, it ain’t much of a story, but rather a listing of facts, but at least he got quite a ride from his life. He does need to learn how to tell a story.

With a quick glance at Syra, the tall, bearded Dortman decided to speak up first, so his companion would have time to think up a proper reason for their visit. “I ain’t very sure we are gonna work for a noble. And people usually do not like it when mercenaries have a knack for survival. Means they have to pay you in the end. They want the job done, but they prefer if you aren’t around for the payment.” The big man shrugged and finished the last bits of his pancake. “And we are not mercenaries. I used to be a bounty hunter, or at least wanted to be one. Things went differently, so....” Another shrug. “If I had to name my occupation it would be a hunter.” He paused and looked at Draggo. “Not your usual hunter. I fought more than just animals. I faced dead rising. Went against demons. Even things that we do not have names for. And most of the time they did not fit in the way people want their world. So, I hunted them in a way.”
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn opened her mouth, then closed it again as Gavin took the story up. She eyed both men. Draggo seemed to be older, yet his behaviour wasn't exactly supporting that.

Once again the subject of demons came up and the girl winced visibly before leaning over. "Guys...do me a favour, skip the subject, eh? We're not exactly in Dort! This is the Court, yea? This is where they hang people fer less suspicions!" She mumbled, taking a casual look around. "All nice an good to know that ya both got an idea how the world is really built up, but I ain't gonna let it come crashin down just cause of a few exchanged words!"

She leaned back into her chair. "An to add, I ain't no merc. I'm a little of a lot an prolly a lot of nothin, to save ya that pun. Just here to see m'folks, 's all. Nice an borin, huh?"

The youngster nodded at Draggo. "An if yer lookin fer a job, then ya best figure out who're ya gonna get with that job, cause workin fer the one might get ya in jail by the other in this city. Everyone knows everythin when they's a bit more brainy than a shrimp."
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities

Return to “Kings Court”