Equipment items

Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Equipment items

Post by Meridiuz »

please post all your equipment items here!
Last edited by Meridiuz on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Danomel

Mace Axe Sword Morning Star

Post by Danomel »

I posted these once before. They are my own work. Feel free to use them if you want. The small images link to bigger images. When I have the time, I can put an image of similar complexity together in a few hours. So if anyone has requests… I will see what I can do.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6rqn3/Weapons.htm
Last edited by Danomel on Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
By all the Dodos! these are thoughts of weight,
Most venerable, wise, and out of date.
(from [i]The Paradise of the Birds[/i], by [i]W. J. Courthope[/i])

(Avatar by LEW 1998)
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

Thanks Danomel!

Could you also make them without a background? That way it will be easier for us to implement the images.
I'm thinking about making different themes based on thedifferent styles of art submitted here. One theme which uses computer graphics and another one which uses more sketched graphics. So basically the request is pretty much the rest of the equipment list ;)
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

Another quick question...

Can you give me an idea of what size pictures you are looking for (width x height in pixels and size in Kbytes)?

(Avatar by LEW 1998)
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

size in kbytes doesnt really matter and usually it's the bigger the better for me, but since they are computer graphics and it's equipment list items, I think 400x400 (doesnt have to be square) is a good size.
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

OK,

I have started removing the backgrounds and adjsuting the size. The graphics are at the same link. They are on solid black now. If you need solid white instead, let me know.

(Avatar by LEW 1998)
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

http://home.earthlink.net/~jjeskiewicz/ ... tools.html

writing parchment basic
writing parchment scroll
quill
reference books

Done in Corel Draw as Vector Images
right click an image and view Image for larger version. These images are a good size. I limited them to 100 px wide for the sake of displaying them all on the same page.

Plain white backgrounds.

JOE--
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

What version of Corel are you using?

(Avatar by LEW 1998)
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

I'm using 8.0, got it back in the day when it was new on the market. Used 6.0 before that and 5.0 before that.

JOE--
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

I started out way back when with Corel 3.0. I just made the jump to 12 recently, but have not had much chance to work with it.

(Avatar by LEW 1998)
Glorion

Post by Glorion »

Well done, some nice looking items you've got there :)

I was wondering: What program is Corel? Is it something like photoshop?

greetz
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

3.0... I tip my hat. I found that version once and couldn't use it. 8.0 seems to be doing good for all that I do with it. 12 would be nice to play around with though.

Glorion, Corel Draw/Paint is a Graphics Program like Adobe. Corel Draw is primarily a page layout program and vector graphics. Corel Paint is much like Adobe Photoshop.

Another similar product is Macromedia Freehand. To me, they are all pretty much the same, just the main tools are in different locations. The bells and whistles are a little different between them all.

JOE--
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

Another good choice for bitmaps is Paint Shop Pro. MICROGRAFX also puts out both a paint and draw program.

Torigm is right, for most people any of the programs do all the standard stuff. Other than the user interface, you would have to be a pretty high end user to notice any real diffrences.

(Avatar by LEW 1998)
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

And to add just a little bit more to that. I think there is a version (3.0?) of Paint shop that is free on the interenet. There are some programs that you can do some fun stuff with that is free. Irfanview is a good one that comes to mind.

JOE--
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

Hey, I threw a couple more pictures up. The address is a ways up the page, so here it is again.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6rqn3/Weapons.htm

If anyone is interested in playing around with 3D ray tracing, these pics were done with a program called Anim8or. It is a free program that has some very nice features. Just type the name in google and hit "I'm feeling Lucky"

(Avatar by LEW 1998)

Post by Guest »

I have been designing a couple of arrows. Perhaps it will help out expanding the selection of arrows in the equipment list.

ImageNeedlehead
A flat thin head that can penetrate armour.
ImageStraighthead
A flat head that has been balanced out. This head is often used as a standard.
ImageBroadhead
A flat broad head which splices more than the straighthead.
ImageSpeedbroadhead
A flat broad head that has slightly improve speed compared to the standard broadhead by making it more streamlined.
ImageRoyalhead
A flat broad head with some small decoration. Often used when the royal families go out for a day of hunting.
ImageSwallowhead
A flat swallowtail shaped head. This is a great hunting arrow, which has been designed for throat shooting of large game.
ImageSwallowcrosshead
A cross swallowtail shaped head. This is a great hunting arrow, which has been designed for extra large game.
ImageBarbedhead
A flat head with four very thin sharp hooks on the corners. It causes problems to remove the arrow from the target, by doing so it would cause a lot of damage to flesh.
ImageWideforkedhead
A flat head with a wide fork to slice open bare skin through light clothes. It is often used to assassinate people by shooting at the throat. However it is also used for maiming arms and legs if they are bare enough.
ImageNarrowforkedhead
A flat tri-sprong fork that causes small holes in a target. A somewhat unknown design which is used to cause bleeding on a target, without having to much of a wound in addition it would make a great arrow for those who wish to skin pelts from a animal as the damage done is very low.
ImageTempledhead
A flat head that makes a resonating noise when going at the target, the target will be sliced open at two points and pierced in the centre. This is a must to create nasty flesh wounds.
ImageTempledcrosshead
A cross-shaped head that makes a resonating noise when going at the target, the target will be sliced open at four points and pierced in the centre. There is a great possibility that the cutting could be so severe that a piece of flesh will be ripped out of the body by the weight of the arrow.
ImageBrokenhead
A flat head with the features of a saw. The saw at both sides of the head slide easily in the target as they are aligned in a linear position. By removing the arrow the head will saw through the flesh outwards, not only will it give a feeling like someone is pulling a saw out of the target, it will give severe damage internal too.
ImageWavedhead
A flat head with some curves, while this is not effective for piercing or any straight forward hit, it is useful to cut strings, cloth and other materials, which are easily slashed by a knife. The way to use this arrow is to shoot passed an object rather than shooting straight at it with only the head of the arrow touching the target. The distant knife or the knife on a shaft are nicknames for this one.
ImageThornhead
A flat head with some tiny thorns attached to it. This design makes it painful to redraw to arrow from the wound as the small thorns keep piercing into new pieces of flesh. Sometimes the only way the remove this type of arrowhead is to make a bigger wound around the head, thereby preventing that it will take more flesh.
ImageBlunthead
A flat blunted round head sealed between two tiny oval discs. The round head is blunted in such a manner so it would cause bruises rather than cuts.
ImageHammerhead
A flat head with a hammer shape on the point. This head is meant to bash a target rather than piercing it.
ImageConehead
A conical head balanced at all sides makes this a perfect arrow for piercing and high-speed shots.
ImageLancehead
A conical head that covers a bit more of the shaft than a plain conehead. A lesser in piercing than the conehead however when hit this head has it easy to make a large hole in the target and with enough speed would just go through a target.
ImageNeedlelockethead
A conical needle head with a locket. The needle creates a good piercing and the locket can release the essence what has been placed within it. The small locket can contain any form of powder to poison, disease or otherwise cause malign effects on the target.
ImageLockethead
A cylinder head that is holding a small sponge. With the dipping the arrow head into a source of liquid the sponge will absorb it. This can be a good source for fuel for flaming arrows, if the liquid that is being used has a flammable vapour. The impact of the head itself is blunt.
ImageTwistedhead
A flat twisted head. This head will try to spin the arrow if it has been shot with enough speed, which causes a slight drill effect upon the target.
ImageSpiralhead
A spiral spring shaped head. This arrow is for those archers who want to collect their arrows after they have been used. When shot, the arrow will be just as a standard arrow. However the design of the spring will force the arrow back out of the wound to drop on the floor, usually in the same condition as it was before it was fired.
ImageCrosshead
A cross-shaped head that induces more cutting damage than the flat heads as the wound is cut on four places instead of two.
ImageHookedcrosshead
A cross-shaped head with a hook at the end of the head. This head will pierce as deep as the hooks are placed. After the actual piercing the hooks give a blunt after hit around the wound, which increases the pain.
ImageBrokencrosshead
A cross-shaped head with the features of a saw. This head will pierce and cuts on four different places into the target. When trying to remove this head it will cause a sawing effect on all the four places in the wound.
Dorian Danel

Post by Dorian Danel »

I have a question...

Where can I get more info on how the purple guard armor looks or any other equipment that makes them more distinguishable form common soldiers?
Dorian Danel

Post by Dorian Danel »

OK here is what I started with, and if you like it I will do more

Simple pot helm

I plan on doing more armor, weapons and mundane items, but need time. I know you guys think to do the 2.0 v till NY but I'll do my best, just sayeth :wink:

and don't forget to take what ever you like in the thread Some of my Art where I posted some of my personal best...
Dorian Danel

Post by Dorian Danel »

well like it or not here is more, and next are blades

Return to “Drawing Bard”