Who can be trusted when they are not who they appear ~ Aeris

Moderator: Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Who can be trusted when they are not who they appear ~ Aeris

Post by Ashari »

Samheen 19th Late Evening Tide

"I would love to help you get ready!" Akuta said in parting and a childlike glitter came to her eyes. "Talk to you tomorrow evening then." She smiled and left.

<center>~*~</center>

It was simple enough to find Nadia's quarters. She was in her office, where the two had taken their tea earlier, pacing back and forth through the room. The orbs that lit the interior flicker brighter and then dimmer. Her concentration was elsewhere. All of them sort of vibrated with an uncertainty, as if they were alive. The air itself seemed to buzz with energy as the priestess moved about; tension brought an electric tingle to the very atmosphere.

For a good few flickers, Nadia did not realize Aeris's presence, or if she did, she was ignoring it to deal with the matter at hand. As she turned about the second time and started pacing to the angel's right, she finally looked up. Her face was wrought with worry, but upon seeing her visitor she smiled. "Hello, Aeris." She said warmly. "Did you have fun seeing the city, with Akuta? Please, tell me of what you saw. Come, sit." She motioned toward the seat where the pair had been earlier, however the chosen of Anasis did not relax with her, she continued to stand, and then moved over to her desk area to shuffle some papers and move them.

On the chair, which Nadia had forgotten, were several books laying open. The one on the top had a black and white line drawing in it which depicted a man seated and staring off into the distance as if looking at something beyond the paper. There was an etherial light around him, displayed with small lines emanating from his skull. He looked wasted away, his face sunken to the bones. Behind him stood another man, this figure was glowing brighter and appeared lively and strong, and his hands showed a similar glowing as if the light extended from the finger tips to the head of the seated man who was infront of a desk, his hand raised, marking at papers he did not really look at.

Below the image was a heading of the chapter: Mind Control, in bold faced type. Beneath that was a paragraph, but then it changed pages, and Aeris could see nothing else. Nadia looked over. "Oh, I forgot about those." She moved over; she didn't have the same fluidity to her step as she had earlier when the swanmaiden had met with her. The priestess was flustered.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

Aeris easily found herself standing in the priestess' chambers. The swan could tell that something bothers Nadia since the woman was not standing still. When they had first met, she was calm above all else, nothing would have appeared to phase her as the current trouble had.

The wing-being stood there not saying a word. She tried once or twice to grasp some attention, but she didn't want to break the pacing woman's train of thought. Aeris didn't have to interrupt since Nadia noticed her.

"Evening, Nadia," the maiden replied. "I had a pleasant time," she said quite hesitantly. Aeris thought it odd that the priestess that fidgetted before her was so unlike herself. She took several steps to the couch, but stopped short to glimpse an open book.

Aeris' eyes widened at the picture. She had a basic knowledge of literacy, so the image was more helpful than any words would have been. The expression was washed away once she realized that it plagued her face. The swan took a seat, but was uncomfortable with it. It wasn't the sofa itself, it was the aura in which Nadia held.

"My night was great. I met Jin, we're going out tomorrow night. After that Akuta took me to the local blacksmith, where he made me a trinket ... which Akuta has. She's such a bright girl. I also made this myself," she proudly said, placing the orb on the tea table. "That is not my concern though," she mentioned. She briefed Nadia on her night since that wasn't what she wanted to discuss. Something was obviously nagging at the priestess and it was upsetting her or even going to drive herself mad if she didn't completely work out the kinks of her inner thoughts.

"You do not seem yourself," Aeris said bluntly. "What troubles you?"
Last edited by Aeris Mourir on Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][color=brown]"I am that merry wanderer of the night."
--William Shakespeare[/color][/i]

Avatar manipulated by Ashari with stock photo by LaraFairie
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Nadia stuffed a few papers away as Aeris spoke of her evening, and added in a few: "Mmmhmm's." To acknowledge that she was indeed listening. However, the priestess was only doing the barest minimum of paying attention as she thought of other pressing matters. Turning to Aeris as the maiden caught her on her anxiety the woman smiled.

"I am sorry." She took a deep breath, and it was as if the room sighed with her and exhaled slowly as Nadia glanced to the couch. "I guess I've just got too many things on my mind. I'm sure you've felt the same before, as if the odds seem insurmountable. I've learned through trial and error that no matter what it seems, Anasis will guide me. Uphuron does not give us more challenges than we can handle."

Quietly her sandalled feet moved across the bare floor to pick up the books. "A bit of light reading." She said and laughed a bit. The tension of the room seem to have lifted, but there was a darkness in Nadia's eyes that couldn't be explained away by trivalties and simple pressure. Closing the tomes she easily lifted them and carried them over to her desk. She appeared lithe and small of stature, but she had a strength that had nothing to do with muscle.

"So, you enjoyed your time with Akuta, that is excellent, and a beautiful trinket you have made. I do wish you would take a room here in the Temple, to keep your personal belongings." Idly she looked over to the door as if she were expecting someone, but then looked back to Aeris. "If I may speak honestly." The High Priestess' hand raised and she held it to where the door was. A strange thing happened, it looked almost as if a wall of glass had appeared in the doorway, rippled and waterlike, but still almost entirely transluscent. "These walls have ears. The better to cushion the sound."

Taking a seat on the couch, where Aeris' feathered cloak still rested, the woman's dark eyes looked deep into the swan's as if she were peering into the depths of her soul, searching for something that wasn't upon the surface. "A great darkness has come to us." She said sagely and with a strong conviction to her tone. "The Rafao is in much danger, and that puts our people in just as much danger." Nadia blinked and when she reopened her eyes she looked to the small ball on the table.

"There is no doubt you saw the material that I was reading. It is very important to what is occuring right this moment. Ionis is not himself, and I fear the worst. He would not see me this evening, I was turned away by one of his guards. Our ruler has never once broken a commitment to me, or to anyone who is of my office. I was told he was ill, but I do not believe that to be true. One of his guards has been handing out orders in the name of the Rafao, signed proclamations of his behest, these are quite out of character for our peace-loving leader." For a moment she paused and mused. "You have stumbled into something that may be quite complicated, and I cannot guarantee your safety if you continue to stay here in the temple." Nadia stopped again and swallowed. "I figured it is only fair of me to warn you." Looking to the door again she spoke. "I am expecting two visitors who are very involved in this, but as victims of the dangerous skein. Do you wish to take to your room, or will you stay here? I think there is something in you, Aeris, something very powerful, Anasis is gathering her chosen for a reason."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

Aeris watched as the worried woman paced and gathered her literature, her thoughts. It phased her in such a way that she began to stress over Nadia and her well being.

"Please do," the maiden replied. As the priestess conjured the crystalized barrier, Aeris didn't budge. From the image she had just witnessed within the tome, she instantly grew a bit tougher.

As the now sitting lady began to talk of hypnosis and mind craft, Aeris simply rested on the cushioned furniture. Several yes's and nods fell in place, between her explaination. The swan really did understand such a dire time. Although, she didn't quite grasp why someone would want to control Amun Rah, or Abu`Sahir to be a bit more specific. Everyone seemed content with the way things were run, even the slaves.

"You give me passage even though I am not truely safe? It seems ironic to stay at a place where one would not be protected. I have always been someone to run at the first sign of danger, why fight if you can escape?" she asked rhetorically.

The almost humored smile disappeared from her face hastly. A stern look of protection and years of practiced disiplines replaced it. "Hide my cloak in a secure place. I am going to change and collect a belonging or two. If I am to reside here I can do nothing but help you, the Rafao and even Anasis, defend this temple."

After dressing she returned wearing a fancy icy blue dress. The dress being full length, had a long slits up the sides, reaching mid-thigh. This was recommended by her sister's, for added mobility. As the young woman had been dressing, thoughts sifted through her mind on what to say to the priestess when Aeris had finally went back to her chambers.

Finding herself standing before Nadia once again, the swan's mind went blank and suddenly lost all of what she had planned. She opened her mouth and words began to spill out. "I would have never agreed to any of this. You seem more than capable of handling all of this, for you are much stronger than you appear. But seeing Akuta's bright smile, when she finally realized I'm not a noble, reassured me that I had placed my trust into the right people; starting out with you. So, here I stand, waiting to help in any way I can."

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"I would do everything in my power to ensure that those who are within my walls are protected, no matter what. But you know as well as any other that nothing is easily promised. I would not be disappointed if you chose to leave. Akuta could bring you else where." Almost as soon as she had said it she noted the change in Aeris, that she had already made the decision before she spoke.

"Your shroud will be safe. Hidden by magick, none will know where it is except for you. I would like to teach you how to do the same, invisibility but also leaving a magickal marker. I know this is an important piece to your survival." When Aeris rose to go change Nadia waved her hand and the barrier faded into obscurity, thinned and then was gone.

Nadia paced in the swan's absense, but then centered herself peacefully and brought back her serenity. If she was to ensure the safety of her people she would have to keep a level head. Glancing up she caught sight of Aeris and ushered her in before lifting the nearly invisible wall once again.

"I do not quite know what is going to happen. What I do know is that we need to make sure the young woman who comes here is safe, and she will need safe passage back to her village. The best way to be positive she makes it outside the walls of Abu`Sahir is to distract the bodyguard that is controlling Ionis. I just haven't figured out a good way yet. The militia is gathering, prepared to leave on the morrow and should reach Nashreen within days. That cannot happen. We must stop the guard before then." She said.

"But we need a diversion." The high priestess crossed her arms under her chest and leaned against a tiled column, even as she relaxed she was constantly alert to shifts within the temple itself. She was aware of everything that happened within her domain, and even beyond it, if she concentrated upon it. That would use vital energy, however, and she needed to keep on the topic at hand. "Neither Anasis nor Uphuron are pleased with these events, but their attention is drawn else where because of a war that is occuring, dissent among the Gods. It seems not even They can keep peace."
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

"You could do such a thing? ... and even teach me to do it. You are too kind Nadia," Aeris says sincerely. "...To kind indeed," she mutters the last bit on her way out to change.

The angel returned and listened to the story of the King. Aeris found herself nodding, almost continually to the words that floated from the priestess' mouth. It was a rather easy topic to grasp; stop the guard. Her mind still hovered over the magical barrier to protect her cloak, but that would come later, after all of this had been solved.

"A diversion..." she contemplated, racking her own brain for some creativity. The swan's eyes drifted around the room until finally fixating onto the treasure she had made. "How big of a distraction were you looking for?" she inquired with a smile twisting her lips. Her curiosity got the best of her since the maiden grabbed the glass orb and began to roll it around in her hands. Aeris paced in front of the Anasis follower and surely it was obviously that the winged-being's gears were working desperately.

"How much glass do you think it would take for the guard to *have* to stop and clean it up before continuing? Surely they wouldn't carry his Majesty across rough terrain .... if we make enough of these orbs to cast a heavy deterrent for the guard, they would be encumbered for at least a little while," the smile had faded towards the end of her idea. "Maybe long enough for us to kidnap a guard to question?" she offered.

How to stop an entire fleet of guards? incessantly played through her mind. "On the contrary, Me, Akuta, Nemar, could make the orbs, while Jin could place them ... what if we don't shatter them and you infuse them with some combustible power, making them explode upon contact? Scratch the tedious pathway, they can't really do much if they are picking shards of glass from their skin. Of course we don't want to kill anyone, just enough to embed it so it would be rather painful not to remove them," she finished, now tossing the orb from one hand to another, pacing, pacing.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Nadia nodded and brighten at Aeris's ideas, however she quickly dimmed. "I don't even know if Ionis will be going on this voyage." Her shoulders slumped slightly, but she kept her poise and grace even under the pressure. Her quick meditation and centering had helped to clear her head, now it was just a matter of continuing with that focus. "Plus, I do not want to harm our army, they are merely doing what they are ordered to do."

The High Priestess bit her lip and looked around as if pulling on the energies about her for ideas. "Unless a group were to do something that the army would need to tend to immediately, like some kind of rebellion.

"The difficulty of it is that I need to get with Ionis alone, if I can then I can rework the magick that was placed on him, but I can't be doing any incantations upon him with the bodyguard hovering over me. So, the thing would really have to distract him personally, and keep him busy long enough that I could detach Ionis, so he wouldn't realize it until it was too late.

"There is another problem though, this bodyguard/priest is very strong both mentally and physically. If he could do enough to get past the Rafao's mental protections than he is very illusive. Nevermind that the other priests haven't noticed. I don't believe they are all in on it though, just the one." She sighed, it was so much. All she wanted to do was keep their leader safe. "If we can get the Rafao back to his normal self, then he will bring the army back, we just need to do it quickly, before they can reach the villages." Nadia nodded. "But that still leaves what precisely to do. The bodyguard will be in a meeting this morning, I believe, but that leaves you rather out of the picture. It is getting much too late in the evening for you to be able to chance it."
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

"True, I suppose," Aeris added with a slight tone of hope. She knew whatever the circumstances were that Nadia would figure something out.

"Whether we do anything tonight or tomorrow, I am going to help," she voiced. "...You know ... a winged woman would cause quite a stir.." the swan said with a laugh. It was something she didn't particularly want to risk, but if need be, it was the least she could do, for she was in severe debt to the priestess.

"If not, even a swan in the middle of the day would distract them enough for you to slip in ... unless you were keened about the riot. I am sure we could rally enough people for the cause ... I am sure Jin knows a few people," Aeris added without really noticing. For some reason she kept mentioning Jin, maybe he was on her mind now, on whether she could tell him about her other worldly attributes.

"We don't have many options, meaning that of either storming the palace or drawing them out with a riot. If we are going to act tonight, I am worried that we might not have enough time." Time. It was the one element that was never available. It was ironic that she was more concerned about helping Nadia and the Rafao, willing to risk her well being, then to consider the reprocusions of being caught without her feathered cloak.

The maiden moistened her orange-tinted lips with her tongue. "I am uncertain of what else there is," Aeris placed a hand up in the air in a motion of stop. "And don't think of me ... contemplate the Rafao, and his protection. Who do we follow if we have no King? I am but a simple woman, unknown. No one will miss me if I go away," she firmly said. Sorrow took the swan by surprise but only for a flicker or two. She was relived by the fact that she longed for a day when people would mourn her absence, but she also feared the day when someone came looking for her.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"A winged woman?" Nadia looked at her and smiled. "Yes... that interesting fascet of spawning wings while in human form. Many tales have been told of such things happening. It is a rare gift." The High Priestess nodded. "Actually... perhaps something to that effect could be readily used." She gave it a moment's thought before continuing. "Tomorrow evening would be the best time for it. The army would just be setting out, so we needn't worry about them being caught in the scuffle.

"Tomorrow night the bodyguard will have to be present to see the army off, that is the best time. We will have to assemble enough people to keep him distracted so that I can get in. I-" She paused. "Ah, our comrades have arrived here in the Simbahan." Nadia said as she sensed the presence of the pair who were at this time entering through the back door. "They've stopped to talk, they must be nervous." She gave a smile of understanding and set her hands in her lap, taking in a deep breath. A feeling of calm and serenity took hold of Aeris. Nadia was expanding a wave of tranquility to encompass the room and perhaps even beyond.

Looking back at Aeris her face was smooth and without worry. "They are very much involved with all of this, they will do whatever they can to help, especially the young man, he is the Princess' Champion, and a strong soul. Anasis has conferred with me privately on this matter." She hushed her voice and raised a hand, when she lowered it the barrier that had been preventing sound from escaping the room fell.

"Please, come in." She directed the pair who were still out in the hall. Aeris and Nadia sat on a couch to the left of the door, but they had a perfect view of those entering. There were another two chairs near-by that could be drawn closer in so as to have a private discussion.

Nadia was a beautiful woman, still in the prime of her life, and still at the beginning of her office as High Priestess of Anasis. In actuality, as the Avatar of said goddess, she was nearly a spitting image of her, or atleast how she was portrayed to the masses via art work. Wearing a long blue robe and her hair down in a long black mass, she looked peaceful and serene. Dark eyes, like those of the oxen at the river side, black and liquid, met the entering couple. "Hello, and welcome to the Amunic Simbahan. Anasis speaks kindly of you both."

Post by Guest »

Before Rakhash even stepped through the threshold that stood between them and the room, he admired the portions of it that he could see from outside. Not unlike the halls that he had just passed through, the sheer intricacy and opulence of the tile work amazed him. Growing up, and even in the days since he had left home, he had seen very little that could compare in either category to what he was observing now. There was little else throughout the entire city of course, that he assumed could match the wealth that the Simbahan had. It seemed fitting that such a place house the religion that held so much sway over his home and his people, that dominated society in such a complete manner.

It seemed fitting also, that the only building greater in size or magnificence in the city was the Palace of the Rafao himself, the home of his opponent. Linked in the extravagance they flaunted, and linked, in his mind, by the dominance of the Desert King, both the Palace and the Temple represented to Rakhash the administrative structure that he now found himself fighting against. As much as he wanted to trust Yabal’s judgement in this, the young man found himself unable to quell the doubts that now dwelt within him, to find enough reason to back up his desires for unquestioned trust. Whether or not the High Priestess was as benevolent and kind as the stories, and indeed, her position, would make her out to be, the belief that his culture held in the Rafao made her closeness to him, and her position of power, threatening things, in and of themselves.

For the sake of the woman beside him, however, he reigned in his paranoia, and stepped into Nadia’s room.

Almost instantly, Rakhash found his apprehension rising, as he gazed across the room at both of the women sitting there gazing back at him. Both of them. His muscles tensed, and despite the beauty that Nada displayed, he stared at her as though he would a poisonous snake poised to strike. Her greeting was short and simple, and Rakhash, out of caution and a desire not to act too hastily, nodded slightly at her in response. “Hello,” he said, his voice soft and in no way hiding the caution he was holding.

He felt a sense of awe, standing before someone that he had heard so much about, someone who had risen to such heights. Nadia, despite whatever humility she may have, was a powerful woman in Abu’Sahir, holding sway over the hearts of Anasis’ followers. At any other time, he might have been more respectful, considered and followed any protocol that applied to meeting such a person. His faith shaken as it was, however, and the situation being as dangerous and unexpected as it was, the young man put little weight on treating Nadia with as much deference as was considered her due.

“Lianelle,” he said in the same, quiet, cautious voice, before turning to glance at her quickly, “did our friend say anything about meeting more than Priestess Nadia here, or have I just been met by something that is as surprising to you as it is to me?” His eyes went back and forth between the two seated women, before resting on Nadia and holding his gaze there. Surprises, in a meeting such as this one, were not something he was looking forward to too many of that day. Normally, under the close scrutiny of any woman, he would have looked away or felt embarrassed. However at this moment, with both the strange, contrasting calm feeling this place sent through him, and the defensive stance he held within himself that reason, rather than raw emotion drove him to, he felt no discomfort meeting the dark eyes’ gaze. Silently, he waited for his friend to speak, or for someone to provide him with the answer he sought.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

"Do not fret, Lady Nadia, we will do what is needed to get you contact with the Rafao. I know little of him, and his guard, but as you know, I am in a great debt to you ... all of which I am more than willing to pay," Aeris said. She did own the woman that sat next to her a handful of thank yous, and chocolate and flowers, and of course everything else in Amun Rah. "Maybe Jin and Akuta could help rally the masses?"

"No, you can't mean-" she was cut off abruptly by the invitation to enter the sanctuary. Aeris for as long as she could remember was fearful of the very existence of others. She never knew what was going to happen if anyone malevolent ever found out what she was capable of. It was Anasis who had brought the maiden to Nadia's doorstep. It wasn't just the priestess that the young woman owed so much too, it was their God as well.

Aeris involuntarily shifted her body so the powerful woman shielded half of her. The flicker she realized she had done it, she scooted back to where she sat. Aeris firmly placed her rump into the couch, going against every instinct not to budge. A wave of comfort sifted through the fear and detachment giving her a renewed confidence.

As the two entered the room, eyes laid on a modest woman. She sat there, back slightly arched, in a silky dress that brushed the floor as she moved but a little.

The swan maiden sat on the couch with her black eyes peering at the new comers. Her fluffy white hair, that seemed to be flat and textured all at once, was highlighted an icy blue and appeared to be like the downy feathers of a chick. The complexion that was no darker then that which appeared to be milky glass, surrounded her body. Aeris' skin was so soft and delicate it seemed to glow ever so slightly. Her jawline was cut in such a way it left the rest of her face in a mix between sternness and warmth, either depending on what mood you caught her on. The angel licked her orange-tinted lips in hope that they wouldn't crack.

"I am Aeris," she finally said, watching the man in a rather perplexed state. "I am an unintentional guest, if you will," she added to sate his curiosity. Fear started to push at the edges of the aura of serenity, but somehow it was able to conquer such negative impulses. Aeris patiently sat, waiting for them to completely enter the room before she said much more. Nadia's little barrier was a valuable tool to have due to eavesdropping and wandering tongues.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Nadia nodded to Aeris before Rakhash and Lianelle entered. She understood that the angel would do most anything to help, and that was appreciated not only by the priestess, but by the goddess she represented as well. The serene woman had consulted with the supreme being not long ago, and was sure in their ability to conquer anything they sought to, but even deities aren't infallible. Sometimes fate threw a curve ball.

When Rakhash and Lianelle walked in, however, the High Priestess paid full attention to them, and their conversation. The young man seemed uncommonly uncomfortable. She supposed that made sense, considering all the pair had gone through. Aeris easily responded to his questions about what she was doing there, however, and she hoped that would be enough to soothe his worry.

Lianelle held onto Rakhash's hand as a tether to reality. She was a proud woman, and true to her noble heritage she didn't allow herself to falter, even as her friend questioned her. "No, Yabal didn't say anything about anyone else." She shook her head, but looked at Aeris, and seemed to believe her answer about it being a coicidence.

Nadia, meanwhile, raised her hand, and Rakhash and Lianelle both could feel the hairs on the backs of their necks raise from a change in the air around them. The High Priestess had pulled up the barrier once again. "I assure you that the Simbahan is as safe a place as you can get, but ears still linger no matter the locale. I hope you understand. It is only a measure to protect you." In all honesty, it would protect her as well. It was dangerous business to strike against a Bodyguard/Priest of the Rafao, especially to plan things against the Rafao's knowledge. She was wary with good reason.

Standing up Nadia moved over to the side and brought over the two chairs. She was strong, no matter how lithe she may appear in body. Perhaps she was drawing on something around her, though. It almost seemed like the chair floated, but only so slightly off the ground, could that be possible? "Here, sit. There is much to discuss. I fear there will be overlapping on both parts, but I must make sure everyone understands what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen."

Lianelle, though hesitant, as was obvious by the tremble of her fingertips, took a bold step forward. "Come on, we have no one else to trust." She whispered to her companion. Her dark eyes turned to the man who had already done so much for her, and yet here she was again, asking for him to take her hand and follow into something he wasn't comfortable with. She thought perhaps she asked too much of him. Someday she would repay him, she just hadn't figured out how. "I'm Lianelle." She said, looking at Aeris and Nadia. "And this is Rakhash." Quietly she took to the seat that was offered, and left the one on her right for her friend to take. "Thank you for helping us, for even offering to."

Nadia, seemingly pleased by the fact that the girl had accepted the offer at all, smiled soothingly. "That is.. Princess Lianelle," she added, looking at Aeris. "And her Champion, or so Anasis has referred to him." Resting her hands in her lap she sat down once again next to the fair skinned young woman who looked quite out of place with the morena threesome, but that was of little consequence. "Lianelle was kidnapped from her homeland-" As the beautiful priestess began to speak of what had occured, Rakhash could feel her hand tense. It was still a difficult topic for her to discuss. "And brought here to Abu`Sahir as part of the over-all plan to make the villages she came from crumble. It was the plan that, with her missing, they would break out in civil war, which they have." The Princess visibly cringed at this. It was the first true statement that the war had begun, before it had been speculation.

"Rakhash found her, and kept her safe, but that was only possible for so long. They were found and brought to the prison. They didn't keep Lianelle, but they kept Rakhash, and he was and is, sentenced to be killed when the sun rises in the morning. That is when the problems will start, since they will realize he is not there. I think this can be worked into our plan..." She looked at Aeris, but realized she was getting ahead of the other two, and that wouldn't do. "I'm sorry, we've been discussing what can be done, but I get ahead of myself.

"Lianelle freed Rakhash with the help of a local barkeeper, Yabal. That is how they came to arrive here, looking for help. According to what information could be found, the Rafao is the one who put out the order to both kidnap the princess, and for having her brought in with her accomplice on charges of treason to be beheaded. There are several things I know about Ionis, and one is that he would never kill a woman, he wouldn't sign off on such a thing."

Nadia said this with the strongest conviction that a single person could have. Lianelle, on the other hand, had a hard time believing such a thing, for it had been her belief that the leader of Abu`Sahir was behind everything that had happened to her, and to change that idea now would change everything about what she believed had truely happened.

"Ionis is no tyrant." Nadia continued. "And I'm sorry, Aeris, this is where your own overlapping will occur, since you've already heard the next of what I have to share." She now spoke more toward Rakhash and Lianelle. "Ionis has with him six priests who work as bodyguards. Each carry a sacred totem that is passed on from one to the next. It is said that in some cases a priest has merely handed his item to another person and that has begun their journey into the office. That is rare, however, usually one is groomed from childhood. One of the current bodyguards of our Rafao has an evil seed within him, and has sought the power that Ionis has, so, using a twisted form of magick, known as Mindcraft, he has taken over our esteemed leader." It was an outrageous idea and Lianelle's eyes widened at the thought of it, but she continued to say nothing.

"Aeris and I have been trying to figure what we can do. I can easily end this link that the bodyguard has between he and Ionis, however, I've not been allow to see him in private anymore. These are supposedly Ionis' orders, but I know that isn't so. I need to be alone with him, just a few burns would be enough, and then he will be able to set everything right, including stopping the army unit that is to set out tomorrow evening for the villages. The best idea I've had so far is to create a diverson that will take the bodyguard's attention, that he will need to be there for. Aeris has humbly offered to use a very special tactic to do this, as well as calling on several friends. I will send some of my acolytes as well, your job will be to make mayhem. In the process, one, both, or all of you could be arrested." She paused. "Do not fear, you will be safe. I assure you of this, as soon as the situation is righted, and Ionis is in control of his own mind, he will be able to set you all free. And then, Lianelle, you can be returned to your home and stop the fighting of your people.

"Do you have questions?" She looked among them, waiting for an onslaught of thought. It was much information to be dispensed, but they had very little time.
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

The maiden's heart went out to the couple that sat before her. She had never heard anything so grotesque. It was preposterous that someone would ever kidnap someone just to cause grief that forced others into a civil war. According to Nadia, it was what was happening in the village, and the ones near it, that Lianelle came from. Ionis couldn't be such a person if Nadia ever had anything to say about it .. and since she was so close with the Desert King, it was more than likely he was being controlled.

It was now Aeris' turn to talk. The fair skinned woman looked at Rakhash then. He must be a kind person to lay his life on the line for someone he doesn't know. A Champion, Nadia called him ... a champion indeed if he could conquer such a fate. She scanned his being a little more and noticed the worry on his face. The panic in his eyes. His aura is distressed. I wonder what he fears? Aeris didn't have to use any other worldy power to realize such a notion, it was entirely observation on her part.

"Nadia and I have been discussing a riot, of some sort," she paused, "with a slight twist. It will include many townsfolk, as well as a handful of acolytes from here. We need a big enough diversion so our Nadia may slip in during the chaos. I would have thought the only thing short of drawing out the Rafao's elite force would have been to kill someone on the open streets, but there might be another way .... " she trailed off hoping no one noticed.

The swan turned back to Nadia. Her hands were becoming stiff, like they always had when it was near to her transformation. The woman extended her fragile bones, without noticing, and the webbing between her digits were more than obvious. She did this several times, trying to work out the kinks of her muscles. The maiden never noticed, it was something she had always done.

"Nadia .. " Aeris said in a hesitant voice. "Are we starting this all a dusk or a little later in the night?" she asked, hinting that fact that she had a date with Jin. The woman had never been boy-crazy it was just more out of common curtesy to cancel if she wasn't going to be able to make the time frame. Time. There is was again. Time was the one thing she couldn't bend, she prayed for a day when sunlight couldn't constrict her any longer.

Aeris shifted her head in such a way that it flipped her fluffy white hair to shield her face from the two humans. The look in her eyes said it all; that time was running out for tonight. She needed to get her mantle .. to be ready for her metamorphosis.

Post by Guest »

Rakhash turned his heated gaze towards the demure woman sitting beside Nadia as she spoke, his face still a mask of determination. He nodded tersely as she offered her name, still refraining from accepting courtesy and offering his own in return. There was too much risk for him to feel comfortable, and the situation was far too intense for him to feel obligated to worry about the way others viewed him because of his behavior. Faced with the defense of his friend, he had gone from one end of the spectrum to the other, from a young man overly self-conscious and worried, to a man so driven and intent that manners and light politics made haste to flee from his path. At the time, it didn’t bother him in the slightest.

As he felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise, Rakhash fought the urge to turn around and gaze at the shield that imposed safety on the room. For all he had wanted to wield that kind of power, he found himself continually battling the urge to gawk at the arcane wonders that surrounded him, trying to maintain the solid defensive wall he had erected around himself in order to protect the girl that traveled with him. Shaking his head slightly, he worked his broad shoulders in small circles as Nadia spoke, idly attempting to work out some of the tension he felt. “I’m not worried about threats from beyond the Simbahan at the moment, lady,” he replied, his voice still maintaining the cautionary tone he had used before.

Lianelle walked forward to take the offered chair more quickly than Rakhash would have liked, but as she walked he followed just the same. Sitting down, he moved his gaze slowly between the two women before him, examining each of them closely. Nodding as the princess uttered his name, he sat back in the chair and crossed his arms across his chest. When Nadia spoke, explaining the positions that each of them filled, Rakhash’s breath caught slightly, and he found himself fighting to maintain his composure. Anasis had called him Lianelle’s champion? Surely not, for why would the Goddess take any interest in him? Memories came flashing back of his time in the Rafao’s cell, of the odd visions and the voice that had spoken to him. He recalled that the events they were partaking in revolved around the Rafao, chosen of the Gods. Perhaps, then, it wasn’t such a ludicrous idea that Anasis herself was observing the situation, commenting to her highest representative. The thought still filled him with an odd sense of wonder.

Sitting forward slightly, Rakhash listened intently as Nadia explained the situation at hand. A civil war? All this time, he had been worried first and foremost by the threat posed to the villages by the Rafao’s armies. Quickly, he looked at Lianelle comfortingly, before turning back to face Nadia again. As her universal explanation of the situation carried on, Rakhash found turmoil within himself rising once more. The Rafao had gone from being his lord, to his enemy, and now he was supposed to accept that he had been manipulated all along. Sighing, he let the woman continue without interrupting, silently accepting that what she said made sense, and was in all likelihood fact.

“So you want us to help create this diversion?” Rakhash asked softly, after Nadia had finished her account of the events that had lead up to their current situation. He looked towards the ground, allowing all the information that had just been passed on to sink in. It would be hard, to consider that he was going to be involved in an attempt to save the Rafao, the very man that had in all technicality ordered his execution. It wasn’t him though, the chosen of the Gods wasn’t truly the tyrant that Rakhash’s mind had pictured him as. In the end, whatever reservations he was harbouring about the man, this had to be done. “This may not involve much risk in terms of repercussions afterwards, lady, but that doesn’t mean that the risk inherent in the task of ‘causing mayhem’ in the Rafao’s streets is not dangerous. He has an army, you know.” He looked up at Nadia, and then glanced at Lianelle quickly. Smirking slightly, he shook his head. “Lianelle has to remain safe, through all of this, and not just with promises of injustices being undone once you’ve freed Ionis. As long as you can make sure of that, this all sounds just dandy.”

Looking at the white-haired woman as she spoke, Rakhash arched an eyebrow quizzically. A twist? Another way? Surely, if they were about to collaborate on a plan that would border on committing open treason at least for a time, they could afford to be open with each other here. Silently, he examined Aeris as she was overcome by an apparent sudden discomfort. Stretching her hands, he noticed the strange lining between her fingers, and watched intently as she tried to hide her face. Well, at least he could be fairly sure that the twist, the alternative path that they could follow, was going to involve the odd woman sitting before him. Under any normal circumstances, he might have gaped, but considering that he was surrounded by lights suspended in mid air, and protected by a shield erected with no physical substance, Rakhash found the woman’s somewhat inhuman qualities to be only mildly surprising. It was just icing on the cake, at this point.

It was clear that Rakhash was feeling a little more trusting and relaxed than he had before sitting down. The words that Nadia spoke of bore truth, and eased the fears he had allowed to settle within himself. “Perhaps you could fill me in on what, exactly, you have planned so far, and how I can help specifically? What is this twist and this ‘other option’?” He said softly. A small smile forming on his lips, he sat back once more. “You know, with all this running and hiding in fear, it’ll be nice to take a more offensive stance.” He chuckled slightly, and waited, anxiousness rising within. He had come here with reservations, but as the plans began to form, the young man found himself eager to act, to defeat his enemy and finally make sure that they were safe. Silently, his face once again displaying sheer determination, he awaited a response.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Aeris, it is up to you, and you alone, if you want to follow the path of using whatever means necessary to make sure I can see Ionis and end this tyrrany. I cannot ask you to put yourself at risk, I can only tell you that it is a gamble." Nadia had a solemn aura about her. "Do know that I will do whatever is possible to make this go as quickly as I can. Anasis will bless your progress." She looked at Rakhash and Lianelle. "The progress of you all.

"I cannot promise anyone's safety, that is beyond me, it is the choice of each of you to join this fight. Realize that if we do not stop this, that Nashreen and all the other villages will be destroyed. All the men will be killed, and I cannot bare to say what would happen to the women. Children will be left as orphans and the entire land will be laid to waste. This helps no one, and Ionis knows that, which is why he never sought war with your people. Abu`Sahir gains nothing, and really, would only lose, as much of our grain comes from your territory.

Lianelle nodded and took a deep breath through her nose. She was in fear of the safety of her people. During her noble training, as a child, she had told her tutor that she would do everything in her power to make sure her people were safe. She had only been eight yahren when she made such a claim, but she recalled her tutor bringing it up on several occasions to remind her of her word. The princess would not be made a liar. "I will do whatever it takes, Nadia." She finally said. "My safety doesn't matter, as long as you can save the innocent people."

The Priestess seemed to appreciate the girl's solid acceptance and smiled serenely. A wash of the tranquil aura seemed to eminate from Nadia once again and pushed at Rakhash's defences, placating his nerves. "You are all strong, and Anasis will protect you." It was more a reassurance than a promise, but Nadia had seen a similar vision as that which Rakhash had seen, and during it both he and she were very much alive. Visions were fickle things, however, so she was cautious about speaking of them.

"The twist which Aeris speaks of, Rakhash, has to do with what her part is in this entire macabre affair. Just as you and Lianelle each have your very integral point and position to bring to what is happening, so does Aeris. Nothing happens without reason. Our elders have guided us here together, and each piece has fallen into place so we can balk this wrongdoing before it continues to build and create something horrible which is irreversible.

"Anasis has gifted me with a sight, to see what has yet come to pass, and during one of my visitations to the spirit realm where I may travel both forward and back, I saw a desolate land, it was Amun Rah, destroyed and pillaged by passing vessels. Our people were dying of starvation and a plague had decended. Such things can be stopped. It is within our power to do so." In truth, as much as the three before her were putting themselves in danger, Nadia was no only in a precarious position of being caught before she reached the Rafao, but also of the magick she would be working upon the Desert King. Terrible things could happen.

"Our mischief making will begin at Gravetide tomorrow evening." Nadia watched as the swanmaiden's fingers flexed. She could feel the discomfort. "So, we will have plenty of time to group before it happens. It will give us.. as well.. plenty of time to return before the sun rises." This was said more for the benefit of Aeris to assure here that all would be safe. "Aeris, your cloak is over on the chair of my desk. Why don't you take it and retire to the room you were in last evening? I'm going to take Lianelle and Rakhash to their own rooms."
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

"I have never been one for fighting, but if we must, we cannot lose .. too much is at stake," she said sullenly. "I have already vowed to help in anyway I can, and therefore I am still obliging to go through with the stated plan," she added candidly.

"The lack of saftey comes with such festivities. We are up against the Rafao's Guard, along with the normal Palace guard. They are probably gentle people if we do not provoke them, all too much ... if we are mass of demanding people and not a mob with weapons, they will treat us how we appear," she voiced all the while rubbing her hands together.

Her attentioned shifted from the priestess to Rakhash. She studied his face and Lianelle's as well. "I would be more than happy to tell you what we have discussed, but I guess that you would be skeptical about it," she said with her slightly orange tinted lips. "I will just say that it will be a once in a lifetime experience."

"As for now, I must bid you farewell. I am fairly tired, and must get rest for tomorrow night," she simply said. The maiden retrieved her mantle and conquered those steps to the door, but stopped and looked at the group.

"May Anasis bless our noble intentions. Sleep well, everyone," and with that she left. (OOC: Assuming Nadia drops the shield before Aeris walked through)

~

Aeris found her room .. she had been paying much better attention to the layout of the Simbahan the second time around. Reaching her destination she entered; locking the door behind her. She took several steps inside and flung open her mantle like a magnificant blanket. As she stood before the fountain, she removed her robe and swung the feathered cloak around her like a second skin. The swan sat down indian style and closed her eyes.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Sleep well, Aeris. May she watch your forehead and keep you safe." She brought her hands together, palms pressed against one another, and gave the swanmaiden a slight bow. There would be much happening in the coming day and night, she hoped the fragile being could handle all of it. Were she unable it would fall on Nadia's shoulders, and the blame would be with her for allowing her to come to harm.

The priestess had indeed lowered the barrier, but even as the fair skinned girl passed through the door she could feel a strange tingling in the air. Energy still clung to the threshold and it was almost like walking through a spiderweb. As soon as she felt the sensation, it was gone.

OOC: Proceed to: A pair of feathery wings ~ Aeris

IC:

To Lianelle and Rakhash Nadia didn't appear as worried as she felt, but the finest of caution lines appeared on her brow. She was worried about what would happen tomorrow, and whether their plans could work. There was much at stake, not only for their own personal safety, but also for that of the entirety of Amuh Rah. Once more she recalled her vision. Her heart filled with compassion for her people, and she knew she would do whatever it would take to keep them safe, including the three sent from Anasis herself.

"To your rooms then." She said, and rose to her feet giving a warm smile to the pair. "Come on, follow me, I'll get you suitably set up for the rest of the night and into the morning." She lead them onward. Lianelle she showed to the first room.

"I'll be safe here, by myself?" The princess questioned, looking first at the priestess and then at Rakhash. She had grown accustomed to sleeping with him. The mere thought of it brought a slightly pink tinge to her cheeks as she realized how improper it was for a princess to sleep with anyone who wasn't her husband. Luckily for her, her father wasn't around.

Nadia looked between the couple and then nodded. "Yes," she replied in turn. "You will be perfectly safe. Your Champion will be in the very next room over, should you need anything." And it was true, for Nadia motioned to the next door. "See?"

Lianelle's worry seemed calmed by the notion of him being close by. "Alright, then I will see you tomorrow then.." She finally said and stepped into the door of her room. "Good night." With a smile she pulled the door shut and then was gone.

"Let us not dawdle, the sooner to bed the sooner to rise. There is much to be done." She shooed him onward to his own room, which was plain like Lianelle's though he hadn't seen much of it.

OOC: Proceed to: A room without a view ~ Rakhash

Skills:

Aeris:
Conversation: +**
Knowledge [Amun Rah]: +*

Rakhash:
Knowledge [Amun Rah]: +*

This was a short thread. If you feel I missed anything, PM me.

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”