The Drunken Duck (Sam 17th): Sfein and Airedell

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

The two men in grey cloaks paused for a moment, seemingly daunted by Sfein's size... then darted forward and seized the struggling Dorian, hauling him off the floor. One of then dug his fingers in the fey young man's hair and pulled his face back; "Not singing pretty words about the Duke now, are you?" Dorian's face was pale, but a peculiar look of defiance seemed to seep into his eyes... then he spat in the man's face. Calmly, the grey cloaked man backhanded Dorian, and then between them they bound the young man's hands. Throughout it all, Dorian said nothing, but he gazed at Sfein and Airedell in a mute expression of abject misery.

When they had finished, the man who Dorian had spat upon wiped his face clean, and gazed at Sfein and Airedell; "What's your business with this gutter rat?" he enquired brusquely...
Image by kind permission of Peter Town - check out his great work at Elfwood!

"Cleavage & attitude can carry a girl a *long* way"

Post by Guest »

This Duke must be a sensitive man if he was arresting someone for singing about him. Then again this is Dorian we’re talking about she reminded herself. It did not seem to take much for him to anger people. If he was gifted at anything it was that. I wonder what he said?

The brown eyed half elf talked at her leisure. She spoke seriously but sweetly and even smiled at the grey cloaks. “Business? We have no business with him. My friend and I have just arrived and by no means wish to cause any trouble. Perhaps we were wrong to come here. I had no idea singing could get someone in such trouble.” This was what she hoped to be a subtle probing for the answer she wanted.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

The grey cloaked man stared at both of them, as if committing their faces to memory; "Sedition is an offence against the Duke, including songs that incite the populace to rebel against the law. The sooner you learn that, the better. As it is, I'll have your names, and business in Dort." He looked at them intently, almost inviting them to refuse...

"Don't tell them anything!" Dorian suddenly blurted out. "Dim witted, muscle bound oafs, enforcing unfair and intolerant laws! Free Hafne!" His words were cut short as the man who had been addressing Sfein and Airedell truned and struck Dorian swiftly in the stomach, taking the air from the foppish young man's lungs. Around them, Sfein and Airedell heard a low mutter of distress from the other occupants of the Drunken Duck, mixed with something else - rising anger...
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Sfein said nothing, as Airedell clearly had taken the lead. But that did not imply that he had no opinion. On the contrary, he felt challenged, and noted that he was guessing the move needed to grab both the man by their necks in order to lift their heads on a collision course.
But he remained silent, standing, or better towering there, next to Airedell, waiting for her orders, as he was trained to follow the leading female.
"I guess they are like Ice Trolls" he thought, "scanning for a sign of weakness"
But then again, he had no business in creating trouble with these man. Perhaps he should really wait for Alazais to appear, as that was his real leader. So he remained painfully silent, one hand still on the hilt of his sword...
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

OOC : sorry about not posting earlier, but I've been waiting on Airedell - I'll give her until the weekend, then start posting without her :(
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Sorry. Life, you know.

IC: The men, particularly that talkative one, really wanted to start something. It almost seemed as if they were trying to add more people to their solo offender to show the Duke that they had accomplished something.

Hafne? This didn't appear to be the time to ask anymore questions. More than that, the name aroused the crowd. Airedell looked at Dorian making a silent request for him to shout his trap before he ensnared them as well. " My name is Airedell. This is Sfein. Our names are meaning less but perhaps you have heard of Alazias? We are traveling with him."
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

The grey cloaked man permitted himself a thin smile; "Never heard of him. All I know is that you've been seen in the company of a known dissident and troublemaker." Beside him, Dorian emitted a moan as the other grey cloaked man cuffed him heavy about the head. "The only words he'll be singing in the near future are the names of his accomplices." The man standing in front of Airedell and Sfein, staring at them with cold blue eyes, and then seemed to come to a decision; "You'll come with us for questioning. Out of the tavern. Now." Around them, Sfein and Airedell could hear the low growl of dissenting, angry voices get louder...
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: quick reminder that we'll have a sync event on sam 20th this weekend. Please have your threads for the 19th posted before saturday, dutch time.
You are recommend to take a long nights sleep on both nights, start with three threads one of which on the 20th (anything you started you can finish, and you don't have to wait for a mod to start a thread).
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

"I thought that you would let me teach this Dorian some manners Airedell" said Sfein while suddenly drawing his sword, "but it seems we have another volunteer..."
While speaking his eyes were locked with the man that opposed him, and his face showed an evil grin.
"Let him focus his attention on my sword" he thought, "my real attack will start with this table."
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

The grey clad man permitted himself a thin smile, almost as if he were expecting Sfein's response. His hand went within his cloak, but instead of drawing a weapon, he produced a small sachet of finest silk and, with one swift, practised motion, he casually threw it in Sfein's face.

The silk sachet struck the Trothgardian's brow and split, emitting a cloud of fine grey dust that enveloped Sfein and Airedell. Their senses reeled as their involuntarily breathed the shimmering particles; the world seemed to slow and fade, until at last they felt themselves topple and fall into oblivion...

OOC : we'll pick this up in the thread, Sfein and Airedell : At The Duke's Pleasure (Samheen 20th)

Post by Guest »

Skilled!

Return to “Dort Archive”