The Quest for the Land of Mist and Flood ~ Angus

Moderator: Mods

Angus O`Toole

Post by Angus O`Toole »

Angus took notice of the words meaning, trying to remember it. Following Kelsie's view, he didn't notice anything strange. "But Kelsie, what you say is... impossible. It can't be. At least, not like you say. It's not like the night has passed already, not even here." he said.

As he saw the first ray of light pierce the nightsky, he tried to block it with his hand. This sure was uncommon to him... no, not uncommon, unbelievable. "B-b-but... This... This can't be true... H-h-how can this be? Kelsie? Answer me!" the clansman exclaimed, frightened by what had just happened. It could only be magickal, but... he couldn't understand how it could happen.

Post by Guest »

Kelsie did not respond right away. Her presence indicated that she was irritated at the guarddi's ignorance. After some time she finally glanced over at him.

"If you wish to learn magick, you should not be so startled about natural events."

After another thoughtful pause she continued, "Do you know why I continue to spare your life? I am not here to teach you, help you, or indeed, to befriend you. I can't even relate to your kind on your own level. Your entire life is but a solitary breath I take. It takes great patience to answer your questions. I beg that in the future, you think very thoroughly about what you wish to know and then ask. Do you understand what I am saying?"

Post by Guest »

bump

Post by Guest »

Still riding their camels as if a tidal wave of sand was after them, Angus said "Yes I understand and let me be startled. Be glad I didn't stay put there!". With that, he spurred his camel even more, to ride even faster.

In his thoughts however, his dreams with Kelsie shattered after what she has said. Isn't there any way for us to become friends? Pan, can't she ever desire me like I desire her? What have I done wrong to her to deserve this Pan? Or better yet, jokester, how can I make it up to her? the Clansman thought, hoping the horned god would answer him sooner or later.

And as for you Tiorn, who resides within me, why have you chosen me out of all who came here, who have been killed? Tell me Tiorn. Enlighten this quest somewhat. Will I ever be able to understand these people? Will I ever be able to befriend them? Angus tried to converse with the dragonspirit, hoping that Tiorn for once would answer his questions.

OOC: Thanks for unarchivation, and whoever will take this thread and be my mod, take your time before responding, I waited for 6 months almost, can't say I'm in a hurry now. Thanks again.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

As Angus rode on, his questions lingered in his mind. He yearned to communicate with Tiorn but the dragon’s ancient spirit was strangely silent. Tiorn was not one that would be called at the whim of mere mammal, yet he still needed his help. The rudeness of it all was surprising.

Still, the young wanderer felt comforted as his trek across the sands progressed. The wind blew softly, carving gentle slopes into the ubiquitous dunes. The caravan's camels wound in and between, always heading west beneath the glaring sun. Occasionally the sky would be interrupted by a wayward cloud, sending a fleeting blackness of shade across their path. Even a circling hawk created a welcome shadow as it searched the ground for its foolish prey.

For several days, his caravan of POTS navigated the trackless dune sea with relative ease. They were heading toward an Oasis, Angus learned, a common gathering point for the nomads crossing the giant desert. It was here that the group would rest in safety one last time. The next leg of the journey would lead them out of the desert, to the base of the Howling Ice Mountains.

The group was weary when they crested the final dune before the Oasis. The small spot of green and blue looked glorious amid the yellows and browns of their daily life. Fig trees grew next to a small pond shaded next to a pointed and craggy rock holding a cave. Circled by large dunes such as the one Angus stood upon, the camp site would be a welcome resting place from the wind and sun. With smiles on their faces the group began their descent.

OOC: Angus, welcome back
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

THREAD SKILLED
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

(avatar by Talon Yoseijo)

Return to “The Sands Archive”