A pair of feathery wings ~ Aeris

Moderator: Mods

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

"Dead? ... no," Aeris commented. "A strong spirit, maybe, but even then, I am just a person .. nothing too special about me," the maiden shrugged. Aeris watched as the light passed through her and not all at the same time. She was truly a magnificant being, dead or alive.

"I am sorry to hear that," the swan added sorrowfully. It was saddening to know that someone had put that time and effort into a baby to only pass away during the birth. She hoped that Neyla was at least able to witness her child before her life had run out. Aeris wasn't about to ask, however.

"Do you know how to get unstuck? Is there anything I could possibly do to help you?" she inquired without realizing this was but a dream. Maybe it wasn't, she was unaware. Aeris quirked an eyebrow once 'my daughter' registered in her cranium. It faded as soon as it had come when Neyla added that the people of Amun Rah were in danger. "Danger? from what?"
[i][color=brown]"I am that merry wanderer of the night."
--William Shakespeare[/color][/i]

Avatar manipulated by Ashari with stock photo by LaraFairie
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"Then maybe you are real, but from another place. From another plane." Neyla shook her head, she really wasn't sure. In her life she had never been one to be interested in the arts of spirits or in the aether realm. She didn't know what any of this meant.

"I have no idea how to not be here." The woman continued. "If I did then I would've moved on already. There is a lure, to be here, to see my daughter and to make sure that both she and her father are well cared for, but the pull to go to the otherside is so much stronger. Sometimes it's all I can feel, but then it's like I have a chain around my ankle and I can't just get free of this place."

"As far as something to help, I'm afraid I know of nothing. A shaman woman told me, during life, that a spirit can be contained because of unfinished business, or a task they need to do. I don't know what it is. If I figure it out, that might be all it takes. It's been eighteen yahren and I have yet to find it." She sighed.

As Aeris asked about the danger, she seemed to take on a stronger opacity, as if talking of it made her more real. "Danger from one another. They will be eachother's worst enemies. They are brethren, but that won't stop them from fighting." Pursing her lips she took on a noble dignity and pushed aside the emotionality of the issue. "It isn't just that, but it will make us vulnerable to the Rafao. He has been trying to take over our land for as long as it has been ours."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

Aeris knew, somewhat, of what the ethereal being spoke of. She wished the best for both of her family members, but in the end, her parents past away. It was a concept that was unescapable. However, as an immortal being, the swan maiden had a calling to help everyone she could.

"Maybe that is why you are bound her, your family. You're unsure of how things are going to turn out. It was a reason why I left the colony. I knew what was going to happen to me. I would age and never find a home or even love. Maybe that's why you stay, so you don't lose that tangible feeling."

The apprentice's aura turned from warmth to strategic as Neyla explained the Rafao's plot. Surely he is doing it for the greater good. United, Amun Rah stands a better chance against everything. Nations are going to war for ridiculous reasons, thousands are dying just to add a little bit more land to their territory. The sand people, the Abu`Sahir citizens, are one in the same, however. Sure, some are richer than others, but deep down, everyone has the same views. Just belive that everything will turn out great."

Aeris wasn't sure if what she had said made any sense, or even if it was the truth. It felt like the truth to her, so she didn't dwell on it. "I will take care of the Rafao .. I have a few friends in high places, maybe they will help. Get some rest, Neyla, I will do what I can."

The swan was about to change the subject completely, but a thought popped into her cranium. "By the way, who is your daughter?"
[i][color=brown]"I am that merry wanderer of the night."
--William Shakespeare[/color][/i]

Avatar manipulated by Ashari with stock photo by LaraFairie
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Gunthar had been increasingly quiet and fidgity since the women had been talking. He was poking random pieces of the glass to send kaleidescopes of color across their vision. Bright reds and greens blurred out Aeris's sight for a flicker, and then she would be right back to looking at the perfectly heart-breaking image if Neyla.

"I think you are probably right..." Neyla said. "But we have been a community united against joining the Rafao for generations. Perhaps the last generation of that stand has come," she said soberly. "Friends in high places?" Neyla queried. "If they can help then I would greatly appreciate it. Perhaps knowing that my family is safe will allow me go to my final resting point. I know I am drawing closer. My daughter grows, and in her heart grows a love that removes her from the innocense that I wanted to protect in her. I think I've done all I can do. I feel a stronger draw, and it is more difficult to become visible like I've done with you today."

A spark of bright blue passed over Aeris's vision. "My daughter...?" The woman looked at her skeptically, as if trying to judge what reason the swanmaiden would have for knowing her child's name. "Nelle." She finally said after contemplating it fully. "I would have you go with Gunthar to see her, but, she is not here, I don't know where she has gone. I only get small tugs from her emotions -- when they are particularly strong."

Another light, this one yellow, hazed out the swan's eyes, and then the scene melted into itself and she could feel herself being pulled inward, stretched, and expanded all at the same time. It was as if she were everything and nothing for just a flicker, and then she was awake in the temple, floating on the surface of the pool in the Simbahan. A few of her feather's drifted past her.

It was the yearn for the change which had awoken her, and she could feel it rushing toward her.

OOC: This concludes your dream thread. ;) I'll skill it and start your post-GTM thread.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: This thread has been closed to move on to other threads.

Aeris:

Communicating with spirits: basic

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”