Destination: Tel' Aranae Quessir

Moderator: Mods

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The red horse nearly knocked Akiras over when it bumped in to her and looked at her as if to say Why do you want me to walk and then stop?

Alzihair grinned: "It seems that you do fine."
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras grumbled about the stupid good for nothing horse. Already he was liking it, it had an attitude, Aki liked attitude.

Stopping the horse she went to its side. She had never seen anyone get on a horse. She had never liked horses. They were big, they smelled and made noise. Having no knowledge on how to get on a horse Akiras did the best thing she could think of. She leaped.

Her plan was to position herself so she lay overtop the sadle, then she could throw her other leg over and be fine. In theory it was good, in reality and with a injured arm it wasn't so good.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC: Akiras, I will be preparing for exams and having exams the coming two weeks so another AGM will take over this thread.
cyren

Post by cyren »

OOC: Ta da... here I am the other AGM... Hi, I am Cyren and will be taking this until Elvin is finished with his exams...

IC: Alzihair watched her for awhile trying desperately to mount the horse but with no success. Finally he went over and gave her a hand up so that they could move on. Alzihair put their gear on their horses. The glade where they were was so lovely that it was difficult to leave but leave they must. He had his agenda and she.... Well he wasn't sure as to what she had planned.

"So tell me what you did to cause so many to be after you?" he said to her.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

OOC:Hullo Cyren, do good on exams Elvin

IC: Akiras gave him a confused look. "So many? there was only two, it not like the enitre thieves guild is after me, that won't happen until they find these bodies." he commented offhandedly wincing as she grabbed the reins. "Well, what are you waiting for?" she asked "Lead the way" while she was holding the reins motioning for him to go ahead. While accendentaly slapping the horse with the reins.
cyren

Post by cyren »

The horse took the slap of the reins as a command for running and run it did with Akiras bouncing up and down.

Alzihair mounted his horse quickly and rode next to Akiras so that he could grab the reins in order to stop the horse.

"You really need to be careful what you do with the reins as this is how you tell the horse what you want it to do," Alzihair explained quickly.

Stiffling a laugh as best he could, Alzihair took the reins from Akiras and led her horse. He didn't want to have to run after her again.

They rode on like this for a couple of hours with Akiras complaining about being treated like a child and that she could hold her own reins and guide her horse herself.

Finally Alzihair yielded to her complaining and gave her the reins back.

"See the glade ahead?" asked Alzihair "Well let's see if you can manage to guide your horse there so that we can eat and sleep for the night."

All went fine and Alzihair made a simple but very filling dinner for them.
Alzihair took the first watch and then after 3 hours he woke Akiras for her turn to take the watch.

Akiras wasn't used to the horse riding so she was very tired from it and the fighting that they had done not to mention the blood loss from her wound as well. She fell asleep in the middle of her watch.

The next morning they both woke to men standing over them with sabers pointing at their throats.
Last edited by cyren on Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras awoke to the sabers at her throat. Already she knew that two of her daggers were gone, they wouldn't have been able to get to get to her knives, she was sleeping on them. "Hello" she said, smiling sweetly and streching her good arm, while yawning "If you are going to kill me do it now, otherwise I've got breakfast to cook" she told them, still not moving.

She was sure now they would not kill her, or Alzihair, they could easily have done it while they slept. "well?" she inquired not daring look at her backpak that not only held her food, but a third dagger.
cyren

Post by cyren »

From the look of the two men Alzihair could tell that they were not from the Guild but only a couple of common bandits. He looked at them further and noticed that they had not had decent clothing for quite some time and probably hadn't eaten very well either.

"Why don't you let the girl get some breakfast. I am sure that some cheese and bread with a couple of strips of hot meat would be very nice."

Alzihair could see the effect of his describing food in their eyes and he continued.

"And why not have a bit of fruit and tea with it as well. Or maybe some honey and bread would be better."

Both men started to salivate and their stomachs began to rumble very loudly. Alzihair glanced over at Akiras and gave her a slight nod, hoping that she would follow his lead. He began to sit up slowly.

"Hey!" Shouted the man standing over Alzihair. "Where do you think you're going? Lay back down."

"Jeffry, maybe he has a point," the other man said as he licked his lips in anticipation of all that food.

Akiras smiled sweetly and started to get up slowly as well and her hand came up to move the saber ever so slowly and cautiously.

"What do you think you're doing Tom don't let her get up. Keep her down as well." Jeffry said to the other.

"Please sir," Akiras said in her most charming and sweet voice. "Allow me to get up so that I may cook you a sumptous breakfast with all of the foods that my friend here has told you. Then you may do to us what you will."

The two men stood looking at each other for a long time while still holding their sabers on Akiras and Alzihair. Finally they relented and told Akiras to get up and make breakfast.

"I need my friends help with the fire as I am totally unable to do that myself," Akiras said in her most helpless voices. Hoping this would release Azihair as well.

It worked and Alzihair went to make the fire as Akiras started the breakfast. The two men sat back and became a little to relaxed for their own good.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Aki smiled at the men, she hated banits, they were nothing more then beggers with swords. Using her one arm she carefully dug through her pack. Setting out bread, cheese and meat. She continued to dig, looking for her fruit, even though she knew there was none.

Finally she had it, the dagger, hidden in the bottom. She grasped it, sliding it blade first into the shirt sleeve.

She had the dagger, now she had to give it to Alzihair. Taking the meat she walked over to Alzihair's fire. Knowing it would look weird she stood right over him. "That looks about right." she told him, observing the weak fire. but also leaning forward and dropping the dagger at his feet. If thier captors asked she would simply tell them it would grow.

Akiras had her knives, Alzihair had her dagger. It was time to end the rouse and attack.

Having trouble preparing the meat she turned to Tom "Will you help me, without my other arm i can't do this" She had only one chance, one move. She nodded to Alzihair, it was time.
cyren

Post by cyren »

OOC:Sorry :oops: for taking so long.. I really appreciate your patience. RL had me by the throat for a minute.. Now we will complete your journey to the end without long waits... I Promise!!! :shock:

IC:Alhizair bent down to pick up the dagger that she dropped.

Looking around as he did so he noticed that the horses were still tied up, and that the one man, Tom, put his saber down to help Akiras with the meat.

"Yes," he thought to himself. "We won't get another chance like this. These two are so careless."

Without another thought he moved over to the other man with the grace and agility of a cat and grabbed him by the hair and pulled him up to stand and put the dagger to his throat. The man tried to free himself but was unable to as Akiras was taller and stronger than he.

Alhizair looked over to Akiras to see how she was getting along.
Last edited by cyren on Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras wasn't nearly so merciful, in a move like lightning she grabbed one of her knives when the man nealt to help her. Stabbing it into his shoulder she aimed for the same spot she had been hit. She didn't want him to die. Just hurt.

"Both of you, drop your weapons" she told them his hers didn't comply a little tug on the knife would bring him to his senses. After they had done so she let them go. The man would need to be treated, he would probably die anyway, but it would not be her to kill him.

Throwing together the stuff she had gotten out she put the knife back, got the dagger from Alzihair and found her other two. This time she kept the extra at her waist with the other.
"Lets hurry up and get out of here" he said wincing as she climbed on the horse. All the activity had opened her wound, she could feel it throb as fresh blood pumped out of her skin.

OOC: srry, if i did to much at once, i want to hurry this along.
cyren

Post by cyren »

OOC: that's okay I will make sure you get to the gates.

IC: They mounted their horses and quickly set off pushing them to their limits. After a half hour of this Alzihair slowed his horse down so that it could cool down. Also he needed to get his bearing and to see where they were and how much farther they needed to go.

The moment Akiras slowed her horse down she slipped off and hit the ground with a sickening thud. Much like the sound that a slab of meat has when a butcher slaps it onto the his block before he cuts it up.

Alzihair looked over, dismounted quickly and went over to her. Oh what a mess her shoulder was. Green and yellow puss oozed from the bandage along with blood. She had slipped into unconsciousness at the moment and wouldn't remember him ripping the bandage from her shoulder. He put a fresh bandage and this became soaked quickly.

Akiras came around and fought to sit up.

"I can ride," she said with great conviction.

"You will die if you do," Alzihair stated simply. "Your wound is to great and now it is infected. We are a day away from Tel' Arnae Quessar and it won't do to push our horses harder."

Akiras looked up at Alzihair with tears in her eyes, "I will die anyway if I don't get to Tel' Arnae Quessar as soon as possible."

Alzihair looked around to see if there was anywhere that they could make a quick camp and atleast rest and take a quick meal. He found a place suitable and the rest did them both and the horses a lot of good.

Alzihair helped Akiras back on her horse and they took off again. This time at a pace that could be kept up by the horse for a long period of time.

They had been riding for over half the day since dawn and Alzihair could tell that they were getting close to their destination. The hair on the back of Alzihair's neck began to prickle and he put his hand on his neck to rub it. Just as he did an arrow shot by his head.

He glanced over at Akiras and noticed that an arrow was embedded in her horses right flank. Alzihair knew that they had to speed up and try to make it the rest of the way to Tel Arnae Quessar before whoever was after them caught up with them. Akiras was much to sick to fight and he wouldn't be able to hold them off by himself.

He hit his horse and Akiras' so that they sped up to maxium speed. After a half hour at this speed Akiras' horse began to stumble. Alzihair rode along side of her and slowed down so that he could move her to his horse.

As they rounded a bend they saw the gates to the city in sight. Alzihair pushed his horse to the extreme limits and stopped short at the guard house in front of the city. They dismount and Alzihair carries Akiras to the guards and puts her down softly on the ground.
Last edited by cyren on Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Skill Advancements

Riding a horse - basic
two weapon fighting *
use of smaller blades *
throwing weapons *
conversation *
inner calm *
Running
Con Artist