For New PCs! Please Read and Take Note!

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Rees

For New PCs! Please Read and Take Note!

Post by Rees »

Welcom to Taquar!

A few ideas for places to begin and things to do, based on your PC's background and interests are written below, as is a list of elves whose names would be somewhat 'famous' or well known to most persons in Taquar- even foreigners would have heard of them.

Major NPCs are as follows :

Altaroile Myrianna Cerubhion - Queen of Taquar

Taroile Galan Cerubhion- the Queen's son and primary heir, currently somewhere in the forest with a unit of Emerald Guards under his command

Taroile Elevie Cerubhion - the Queen's secondary heir, sent to marry the Prince of Kings Court, then kidnapped, current whereabouts unknown

E'uin Cerubhion- Elevie's twin brother, a Captain in the Border Patrol and currently somewhere in the Borderlands

Othituirdhiel Nu'ain Dhudh - a trusted advisor to the Queen, and old comrad of her late husband. He heads the Queen's personal cabinet.

Laliel Saliu - Avatar and High Priestess of the Mother in Taquar - spiritual leader of the Mother Temple and also a close personal advisor to the Queen. Known now only by her spiritual identity, her orginal, mortal name is long forgotten.

Un'Qyn - Lord Sorcerer of the Royal Court and member of the Council. An old but very powerful mage who can appear harsh and often bad mannered.

Achroiliel Niall Grittain - one of the Queen's most outspoken Council members, also a cousin to the royal family. Uncle of Draesl Grittain, former Guard and companion to Elevie, currently in Kings Court awaiting news of her cousin.

Danini Thady Rioch - achadhiel bard to the Queen and master at all manner of entertainments, insturments,poems, songs and histories. Known as well, of course, for his keen wit and nimble tongue.

For now, some starting plot ideas are:

1) PCs wanting to get involved in the Palace will be caught up in the intrigues there as the Queen, her Court and the Emerald Guard go about the business of governing the realm among other things.

2) For those PCs of a scholarly bent - PCs who wish to study Shaping will be given their test- and NO, dont ask me what it is! - and then assigned to a mentor if they pass. They will travel about various parts of the City learning Shaping and to care for the trees and living things therein.

Those interested in Healing, settling disputes or most magics will be sent to the Temple and directed to individual threads for now. When/if there are enough players to warrent it a 'group' training thread will be set up for these things as well.

Currently there is no 'school' set up for those wanting to study magic with no temple affiliation. That is done on a Master/apprentice basis and your PC will have to look for someone to teach them or write a possible acquaintance into their background.

The Runya, the only library of its kind in Taquar, is also open for students and those wishing only for deeper knowledge of the world around them. If not formally registered with the Temple or Shapers' school or some other major organization, a PC must get a reccomedation from a priest or scholar or other person of reputation. This also applies to visiting delegates or merchants, who can use the Runya if a valued member of the community will vouch for them.

3) There are rumors of growing 'rifts' in reality that are appearing and then fading in the Woodlands. Anyone interested in starting out in the forest will likely encounter these. Also good for PCs interested in the Emerald Guard or Border Patrol threads.

4)The Borderlands - if you want to fight orcs- this is the place to be ;)Either as a covert scout with the Border Patrol, or more concerted 'hit and run' ambushes and attacks with the EG. Fun on the borders of Le Bois Noir.

5) For PCs unsure what they want to do, the Fine Rose Inn which caters to elves and those oddball foreigners alike and the House of the Moon Kosatan, with its elegant platforms for viewing the moon and stars over the treetops.

6) For those playing humans, the Fine Rose Inn and the Merchant Hall are a couple of the best potential starting places. Ask around at the Inn and you might be lucky enough to find out how to get the only beer in Taloh. ;)
Last edited by Rees on Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

I posted first!!! Neener neener :P

*does the cabbage patch*

W00t w00t go me!!!
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

I'd hate to think that I'd be as immature as Rae and post something just to say that I posted on the new Project Elf boards...
Rees

Post by Rees »

lol- wow- suddenly I feel so wanted here! Thanks for the initiative guys. I am going to create an OOC thread for any more questions or banter :) I ought to have done it in the first place, but I have been just a little bit busy. ;)
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

draydisquinn wrote:I'd hate to think that I'd be as immature as Rae and post something just to say that I posted on the new Project Elf boards...

SCREW YOU HIPPY!!!! you're just jealous!!
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

The Night of the Great Conflagration

Fifth Mark, Evetide, 19th of Samheen, Yahren 1224 AD.

Read these manuscripts! They were written by Danini Thady Rioch the Arch-Bard and Court Historian of Tel Aranae Quessir, and at no master’s dictation, but in his own words.

Hearken to me, you who will live, you who will find these pages that I wrote. This is the true history of a time that was, a time of a once great nation, an era of a once majestic kingdom, the race of the T'aquar Adhiels. These scripts may be our last words, our last voices for you to remember us, that we were once proud and mighty, that once, minstrels and bards sing of our illustrious kingdom. Listen and hearken to our words.

We are a dying kingdom. Our blood is now dwindling, on a verge of extinction. What once a noble realm is now but a far picture of what we once were. We are slowly dying, one by one; our blood is being sacrificed, like a lamb to a Mad God.

We are slowly dying.

It was our noble blood that was spilled in the desert dunes of Amun Rah. It was our kin who stood defiant against the darkness that blanketed the whole realm. We sacrificed everything for the Mother, for Tazlure, for you to live. Many of us were slain; many of us were sacrificed, butchered like lambs, their voices unheard, their actions untold. Yet still, the One God prevailed for we alone cannot contest against the Madness of the One God. Our brave kin who stood defiant against the Mad God were entombed into the desert dunes of Amun Rah. Out of the depths we cried to our Gods, to listen to the voice of our pleading, yet our Gods were thwarted, left crippled by the Mad God and our prayers were left unanswered. The bodies of our kin were buried in a molten glass of sands, their hands stretched out in supplication against the massacre of our race. Few of us were spared. Defeated, our small surviving race went back to our beloved forest of Tel Aranae Quessir, our numbers greatly diminished and thinned, what once a lush race of T'aquar Adhiels was now but a sparse whisper of once a great and noble roar.

We are slowly dying.

Yet even in our forest, darkness loomed. Must we sacrifice all of our noble blood for the darkness to vanish? Our majestic city of Taloh was torn down, demons and fire ravaged our forest, even in the sanctuary of our weald, our blood were being butchered. Black smoke blanketed our majestic city; fire burned the trees, kindling them to ashes, wails were heard, cries for help floated as the demons attacked us. It was a sad night for the race of the Adhiel. Fathers, mothers, daughter and sons of Taquar died on that holocaust, T'aquar was awashed with a river of blood, our blood, our race slowly being fed into the fire of extinction.

Cities were abandoned; villages left unattended since almost all of us were left homeless, refugee inside our own realm. Yet, there still loomed trials before us. In the west, Orcs harassed the border of our forest realm. In the south, the zealots of the One God marched on, craving for our blood and there will be no escape against their madness.

Will there be dawn for the race of the T'aquar Adhiels? I am afraid that this is our last age.

We pray that there is hope for us.

If not, we pray that you remember us.

--Excerpted from, The History of the Adhiel Race: Kingdom of Tel Aranae Quessir.
By the Master Bard and Court Historian, Lord Danini Thady Rioch.
*Translated from the Adhiel Tongue into the Common Language.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

The Departure from Taloh into the Land of Sanctuary.
24th of Samheen, Yahren 1224 A.D.

The Dirge of an Adhiel Mother. 1
--Anonymous
*Translated from the Adhiel Tongue to the Common Lexicon.

“Listen to the sound of crying in T’aquar,
of mourning for the
destruction in the land.”

“Weep for the nation of T’aquar!”

“They have come to destroy paradise;
its soldiers are beaten,
and their bows are broken.”

“Sons and daughters are dead,
the walls of mighty Taloh
are thrown to the ground,
and its towering gates
burned down.”

“We are thrown into despair,
woe to us and cry for
the sons and daughters of T’aquar.”

“In bitterness,
we bewail our fate.
As we gnash our teeth,
tear our hair out,
bemoan we upon our Mother,
to save us from the claws
of death and destruction.”

“Weep then for the nation of T’aquar!”

1 Author's Note: An elderly, woman's voice sang this elven song as the procession moved through the woods. I have tried to pen the exact words. --Master Bard, Danini Thady Rioch
Last edited by Scheherazade on Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
Nemesis
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Nemesis »

Please take note that all new threads shall be taking place and start in Kes' Levy unless otherwise stated.
I see the future, and the future is bleeding.

Return to “T'aquar Archive”