Diplomacy is a fancy way of... SH26th

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

As Abner barged onto the scene, he expected to see something gruesome, but he was wholely unprepared for the horror that now confronted him. The gnome took a few unsteady steps forward, staring at the once-human form, now reduced to so much rotting meat. While what he saw was disgusting, obscene, it was also sickly fascinating to consider the depth of malevolence that had gone into the act, the combination of wanton brutality and systematic defilement. Abner realized -- with chilling flash of recognition -- that he'd seen such combinations before: when the Demons razed Nipponar. He should't have been surprised, the Darkness had left its marks on everything that had led them this far. Still, each time he brushed against the naked evil they were trying to oppose, Abner felt as if he had been grasped by any icy hand.

When the gnome overcame his initial shock, he began to think more logically. While his instinct said this atrocity was linked to the others, it bothered the scientist that there was no real pattern. The desiccated corpses on the ship, the tentacled monster in the Castle, the bloody death of Cheerio, and now this: all horrific, but they lacked any similarity in circumstance or methodology. Until the connection between these events could be established, Abner reasoned, it was unlikely that they would be able to discover the source.

On hunch, or perhaps just to rule out a possibility, the gnome approached the heap of flesh and skin that had belonged to the victim. Any clues to her identity or her connection to the larger evil would be found in in that gore. Swallowing hard and trying to put the odiousness of his task out of hind, Abner began to search through the human detritus. In particular, he was looking for the remnants of the victims hands and arms. He wanted to see if he could find a marking similar to the tattoo on Cheerio's wrist. It seemed unlikely, but it was all he could think of.
"Wel loved he garlek, onyons, and eek lekes,
And for to drynken strong wyn reed as blood"
--Geoffery Chaucer
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As he waited for the others to join him, Gavin turned his attention to Jack. For almost a burn the big man merely stared at him and said not a word. He is scared. He needs a reassuring word. He needs help. Help? Am I the right man to help him? Or would my words only make it worse? Hurt him more? Last night I was ready to teach him a lesson. I wonder if that is necessary now? Maybe he learned the lesson. A harder lesson than the one I could have taught him. Help him.... Will I do it? In the end there was no question about it. It was just what Gavin was. Jack was hurt. And this time he did not seem so haughty and arrogant as before.

The haze that covered Gavin's eyes lifted and he gazed into Jack's own eyes. And when he spoke his voice was level and calm. "Look, Jack, this war is not a simple us against them. If it were so, I would just leave it run its course. Wars happen and there is not much a man like myself do to change it. But, this time it is different. You see...." He stopped unsure how much to say. And this time the truth would simply not serve. "I know for sure there is more sides to this war. The Count, the Clansmen and someone else. Maybe more than one side. And that third side seems to be stirring up the trouble." His gaze fell upon the pyre where the woman burned. "What I don't know is who they are and why they are doing this. And that is why we are going to the Clans. To find that out and see if we can stop them. If we stop them, then the Clans have no reason for war. They calm down. And the Count then has no reason for war."

He then pondered a bit on what Jack said about the knights and hoof marks. "You may have something like a clue there. These hoof marks and troubles. Could be we have a traitor in the nobility. Yet, who he is and whom he works for still eludes us. I need more information. And the Clans might have it. So that is where we are going." And then his eyes grew grim. "And the monstrosity that took place here.... We did not do it. They would have to accept it. And, Jack.... Don't trouble yourself over Howland. I trust him. And I am not known for easily gained trust. Just don't push him too hard. He has other problems on his mind." Like whether he is doing the right thing in helping us. Maybe he is not sure if we are friends or foes? I wonder what he will decide. It was a grim thought, but he was in a grim mood, so it was fitting. And then he merely sat astride his horse and waited for the others so they could move away from that wretched place.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

Once again the Gnome Abner moved in to closely examine a corpse, and once again he was left with more questions than answers. There were no clothes, no tattoos, no way to easily identify this person, and perhaps most disturbingly of all, no way to discern who had done this or if there was a connection between this and the events he was remembering. The only sure fact was that this woman had this done to her with a very sharp knife. There was no tearing or ripping. All was cut, clean and neat.

The others blankly stared at Gavin at first at his command to gather wood. Waymer's face was incredulous, as he was shocked that he would have to do something as menial as collecting kindling. He rolled his eyes and complied however. He did not say anything, but his distaste and displeasure at the whole event was obvious. The fact that he did it all perhaps suggested that he at the very least was beginning to recognize Gavin's authority. more so, they all complied rather quickly. Either they were comfortable with Gavin's lead, or they simply wanted to move as far from here as possible and fast remained to be seen.

Howland patiently waited for the pyre to catch and he sat in sullen silence as he watched the smoke rise and drift away.

"They'll know we be comin' now. Might as well have used a horn and drums..." He grumbled to Kelsyk and Red Jon. "All my sneakin' about fer naught."

He walked his horse over to Gavin. He bent his neck sharply, and it cracked. He spoke loud enough for all to hear.

"That fire be bringin' them down upon us lad. I know a place... half a day away... good to defend, hard to git to. Ye still want O'Briens? Or perhaps somethin else now...?"

The highlander gave Jack a knowing look. Perhaps he'd somehow heard the young man's comments, or perhaps he simply felt the same. Either way, there was no love lost between the two. Howland simply confronted the lad with a defiant stare. Still. Calm. Serene. Like death were a close companion and as familiar as well worn boots.

"Git." He commanded the younger man.

As Jack reluctantly retreated under the older, more experienced man's intense gaze, Howland sat still and spoke so that others could not hear him now, making his earlier question just a show.

"Clans had nuthin' to do with that. We honor the dead. That aint...that aint right..." He spat in disgust.

"Ye got some options. Fight. Hide. Go back. Now if ye want to hide or go back, well that's easy. Fightin'? That's gonna take a bit more, and out here... Well let's just say I know a bit more about fightin' out here than any out here, but yer carryin' a peace banner and ye aint got enough to survive for long, 'specially with a bunch a green boys."

"So let me tell ye how I see it. You need to get yer banner seen, and in a hurry. Burnin' her was smart. Hides the horror. But now they know someone is comin' up the hill, just like they know about yer army. Ye just placed yerself in my hands lad. If you want these boys to walk down again, yer gonna have to do things my way, or ye won't stand a ghost chance in hell. It'll still look like yer in charge. Play soldier. Issue yer orders. Yell and shout and do whatever ye like, but from now on, I'm leadin'. Any other way and yer all dead."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin never noticed the fact that they followed his orders without question. His mind was elsewhere. What would have happened if they refused his orders? Anything was possible, but since it never happened it was not worth dwelling upon. The fire burned and the girl was buried. He knew it was visible for miles in every direction, but he did not care. Or rather ever since James and Carlton disappeared he assumed that their presence was known. Not much sense in sneaking about if they have two of your men.

The way Howland spoke was not much to his liking. In a way, the big man was hurt by them. He cared nothing for the authority he was supposed to have, but in a way he was insulted by the doubt they carried. And, so he remained silent for almost a burn after Howland was done. Not a muscle moved on his face as Gavin let the rage flow freely inside his mind. Images of pain inflicted upon the Clansmen flashed before his eyes. And slowly it passed as he knew it would. And when he turned to speak his mind was clear. No rage. No emotion. Pure reason.

His voice was hoarse, but level otherwise. "Go back? And do what? Fight with the army?" His eyebrow rose in surprise. "I don't think you realize the importance of this. This war..... It must not happen. Under no condition. This is bigger than anything you can imagine. Bigger than the Clans. Bigger than the Count. Even I don't know the full extent of this mess." His voice rose and steadied itself as he spoke. Soon all could hear him. "If you only knew what I saw in these past few days. Even I find half of that hard to believe. Abner saw some of it, so you can ask him if you don't believe me."

Turning to face the pyre he paused for a flicker and then snorted before he spoke. "What we saw today.... What happened to the girl... That is what we are fighting against. We are trying to prevent that." With a gleam in his eye, the big man turned once more to Howland and gazed into his eyes. And with a sudden move pulled his sleeve back and revealed the acid burns there. They have healed nicely, but there were still some traces. "Take a good look, Howland. My entire torso is covered in this. Abner's too. I killed the thing that did this to me. Saved the Count's life."

A pause as he waited for them to show doubt. He almost dared them to laugh at him. "I am young. Younger than you, Howland. Younger than you, Jon. And you Waymer. And you Hodge. Been a good boy and listened to my momma. Been a good boy." A harsh laugh to show what he thought of that. "Had a simple life. It changed not so long ago. When this whole mess started. I came to Dort and I got my fill of excitement. I saw the dead rise. Watched them come to me. Heard them talk. Seen a ship full of dead people. Faced a demon. Killed it. Saw a man die cause his eyes bled without any apparent reason. Saw this." He pointed at the girl. "And you want me to turn back? To hide? Or fight? I been fighting every step of my way these past few days. And I am not about to give it up. I want to find the one who summoned that demon. I want to find the ones who stirred the Clans up. The ones who did this to the girl. The ones that got James and Carlton if something bad happens to them. I will fight all the way to Nether and back if I have to."

His eyes flared as he almost yelled those words. A few flicker passed as he breathed deeply trying to calm down. "Look, Howland. There is people itching for a fight on both sides. I am not going to deny them their fight. I only seek to show them they are not supposed to fight each other." Words eluded him. He was getting too emotional. As calm as he was at he start, he was overflowing with emotions now. "Something stirred the Clans up. Stirred them up pretty bad. And the Count is pretty emotional about this. And whoever wins this one, there is going to be a lot of dead and a lot of blood spilled. And not much is gonna change. The Clans win. Can happen. Say even the Count dies. Gets killed. What do you think is going to happen? Nothing. There will be a new Count and a new army. And one of these Count's is gonna win. And the Clans are gonna be no more. Too much trouble. Now, say the Count wins. We both know there will be a lot of fighting and the Clans are not known for giving up easily. People die and nothing changes. So why they died? Everything must have a reason. Someone is going to profit from this. The only question is who? And what is it he gains? And how we stop him? Stop him before the killing starts for real. Then it is too late."

That helped a bit. He was calming down. "That flag we carry. To me it serves one purpose. To show the Clans I mean them no harm. They decided to stir up for a reason. I wanna know why. And then I am gonna remove that reason. Alone if I have to. With their help if they want to help me. With your help if you decide to join me. All of you." And he gazed upon his men. The rag-tag band of men that were his only help now.

"I need to know more. And only the Clans can tell me what I need to know. So, just take me to someone who knows a bit about this. I choose O'Briens cause they might not be too hostile. Any Clan will do. The one that stirred this up would be the best. The one that started it. They will know who irked them. Who stepped on their toes. Then I go ask them why. If they have a valid reason I go seek the one who gave it. In the end I get the one who started it. And I..... Well, I guess I end him. Or her. See, I am very pissed. So pissed it does not show anymore. And I am very dangerous when I am pissed. And someone is gonna find out, just how dangerous. Who? i don't know yet. But, I will know. And then there is gonna bit a whole pile of shit landing on that someone. And people can either help me shovel it. Or they can get buried under it. Their choice."

It was almost funny how calm he was as he spoke those words. No emotion showed upon his face. It was not a threat. It was a fact. "So, to cut the story short, we press on. We take this flag out and we go. You got the lead. I can follow you. I trust in your judgment. I suggest we try to find someone who might answer some of my questions soon. I need some answers. We go to O'Briens. Or some other Clan. Your choice. Give me someone who might talk to me and who is close. My hand is itching. I need to start shoveling that shit soon. So, whatever you think will get us some answers the fastest way is fine by me. You are the guide. Guide me. Counsel me. But, get me my answers."
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

Abner's examination of the remains had yielded no new information, though it had confirmed his earlier conclusion. This was not an act of mere savagery. Whoever or whatever had committed the crime had done so with perverse care and precision. It was that thought, more than being elbow-deep in blood and flesh, that left the gnome sickened and shaking. He sat silently by himself while Gavin and the others finished preparing the victim's pyre. Once it was burning, he approached the fire and paid his respects to the anonymous victim, apologizing silently for having disturbed her remains.

By this time, Gavin was engaged in an intense discussion with their Clansman guide. Finally paying some attention to his friend, Abner noticed with alarm the edge in the big man's voice. He was stretched taut as a string, and Abner worried that the string might be in danger of breaking. The little scientist had never thought of himself as a leader, but Abner could see that their mission was in danger of coming unglued. He wasn't sure if capable of holding them together, but given the stakes, he had to try.

As Gavin finished speaking, the gnome walked to the center of the small knot of men. He was still caked in half-dried gore from the dead woman, and his face was a mask of determination. "Be listening to me now!" he barked in a tone of command seldom associated with gnomekind. "Gavin is being right. What we are doing is bigger than a war. Dort and Islay are just being pawns in a bigger game. The Clans are being used. The Count is being a used. The Steward is being used. Even we are being pawns. But I am knowing who moves the pieces!" Abner paused to let his words sink in and to heighten the suspense.

"And I am thinking that all of you, inside your hearts, are knowing this also. What happened here, to this woman, this was not being a natural thing. We living things are not being perfect. We are murdering. We are making wars. But we are not doing this!" He held up his bloody hands and gestured at the smoldering pyre. He waited several flickers, and then he dropped the hammer:
"What is here happening is the work of the Darkness."

"The Darkness likes be working in secret. It is using us. It is using our weakness, our greed, our anger. Sometimes men are thinking they can be using the Darkness for getting power. Other time, men are being used without knowing. It not mattering why and how, the Darkness only wanting one thing... destruction. Not destruction of one man or one nation. The Darkness wanting the destruction of everything."

"I am being from Nipponar. Ten yahren before, the Darkness is visiting my people. Maybe you are hearing stories of this. Whatever you are hearing, it is not describing what the Darkness doing to us. There was being death in the thousands and the tens of thousands. Green fields and forests and becoming dead wasteland. Streams are running red with blood. Farms and towns are being left in ruin. It is only with some miracle that we are surviving at all."

"This same Darkness is coming back now. It is being here in Dort. Gavin and I are seeing it. It is the Darkness that is making your war. It not mattering if Clans are winning or if Dort is winning. When there be war, then Darkness is winning, and what happen us in Nipponar is happening here also. The Darkness will be destroying everyone you love, everything you own, everything you know.... Unless we are stopping it." Abner took a deep breath. He was not in the habit of orating, and this was a particularly emotional subject for the gnome.

"All of you are having some choice now. You can be helping Gavin and me. Maybe we are succeeding, and maybe we are failing and dying. I am not knowing this. But when you are not helping us, and when we are failing, I am knowing that your Isle will be looking soon like mine."
--Geoffery Chaucer
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Whatever answer Howland was about to respond with was lost forever in the sudden outburst from Abner. Down to the last man they all stared at the little scientist as he berrated them.

A heavy silence lingered in the air after Abner spoke. For a few tense flickers, no one spoke, until the always verbal Waymer spoke up.

"Now look at what ye all have done. The little guy is all stirred up. Easy there little Abner, we're hearing ye."

Howland stared at the bigger warrior from Dort straight in the eye. He spat and for a moment, said nothing. Then came time for the man to speak, and when he did, the others, even Waymer, maintained their silence and listened.

"Yer a fool boy. Just what in the Seven Hells did ye think I was doin?" Got it all figgered out do ye? Well lissen up, ans lissen up good, coz I'm goin to tell ye a story and then we'll be seein' how fired up and ready you are to stop a war."

Red Jon moved over to a position close to Howland, and Waymer's hands crept slowly to his blades. Hodge looked on with a wary, practiced eye. They were ready for anything now. All of them were on edge, and all of them were frosty and ready for a fight.

"I aint too keen on you showing scars as if you were the only one to have suffered. Yer precious Count has been boring a hole into us for a good long time, and we about had enough. He's been lordin over us for far too long, and we aint gonna take it no more. Ye see, my clan, Waymer and Jon's. We got wiped out by yer Count. Babies heads been dashed against walls. Women raped and cast aside. Our Gods and our ways bein' stamped out and crushed. We aint gonna take it no more see. We're done. Aint no demon but the Count and we'll take care him but good."

"You aint never been in charge boy. Yer banner of peace is bein taken to the man who be makin' the decisions to fight all along. We don't give a red penny damn about yer momma, or how you listened. We don't give a red penny damn about whatever scars you have. They aint nuthin against yer bloody count wagin' a war to wipe us out. Yer scars on a single man. We got scars on an entire people!"

"Ere's yer damn answers boy. I got Carlon and James. Red Jon is with me. Waymer 'ere is me brother. There aint no preventin' the war son. What ye got now is a war ye can't win. Yer goin' to see Milkhaire boy. He's gonna find out what ye know, and use it all against yer precious Count. The shit you've been shoveling is yer own grave boy."

Howland thrust a fist into the air and movement could suddenly be seen in the trees. Gavin felt a sharp sting in the side of his neck. Waymer smiled menacingly as similar darts struck Kelsyk and Abner. The men drew their weapons and waited for the drug to kick in. Their trap had been sprung, and their prey would soon be in hand.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin waited for Howland to speak, but the voice came from another direction. It took him a flicker to realize it was Abner's. The little guy was getting all worked up and if he was not so steaming inside Gavin would have smiled. Not out of mockery, but out of pride. The little guy was a friend and Gavin valued his advice and knew how sharp, albeit a bit chaotic mind he had. The things he said were nothing new to Gavin, but he listened nonetheless. Steward is being used? What the... Ah, used like that..... Sure, that works. On one thing he could not agree with the little guy. The woman's body was mutilated by a human being. While he never could have done it, the big man knew that there existed people who could.

Then the gnome started telling his personal history and Gavin adjusted his seat to listen. That part was new to him. And the images he mentioned were ones he saw before. Only it was not the gnomes that died, but Clansmen. He saw it clearly. But, he remained silent. He would not force anything on these people. If they were foolish enough to fight, he was resolute enough to consider them an obstacle. An obstacle to be removed. By force if necessary. And as he finished, Waymer said something that sounded like mockery to Gavin. A venomous glance fell on the veteran and Gavin's fist clenched, but he remained silent. I shall remember this. You shall regret those words one day and I hope I will be there to remind you what you said.

Howland's words came as a shock to him. What the..... Whoa there. Easy now. He noted the movements of the three veterans and suppressed the urge to reach for his own sword. His only reaction was the narrowing on his eyes and the grim set of his jaw. He listened as the men kept going and could think of only one word to describe him. Fanatic. Bloody fanatic. Damn, Gavin. What have you gotten yourself into. Bloody fool. He's been playing you all along. And then he mentioned Milkhaire. And completely lost him. "Milkhaire? Who the...."

Then the pain brought his hand to his neck. For a flicker he stared at the dart that he found there and then his face turned red with rage. Yet, he did nothing. He knew what followed and he was not about to try and fight. If they wanted him dead they would have done it sooner. Others might not know it and thus he flicked his gaze to Abner and Kelsyk and held his arm up. "Don't resist." But, he had to do something to hurt the traitors. And his gaze fell on Howland and gripping his horse's mane the big man strained to remain awake for a few flickers more. "My grave? I don't think so. I do hope you remember this. Because I won't forget. And then we shall have a recounting of the past events. And you are wrong. I have seen how this ends. I have seen the mountain valley. And the stakes where your people were, or maybe will be impaled. I saw the girl crucified against the wall. I have seen the knights of the bloody half moon. I have....." Darkness crept to the edges of his vision and the big man shook his head to clear it up a bit. "As for your bloody Milkhaire, he better ask me nicely. For there ain't any other way he is getting anything out of me."

Gavin swayed in the saddle and almost fell, but managed to keep his balance for a bit more. He knew he could not fight it for much longer, but now it was a defiance that kept him going. The words did not matter that much. He was staying awake just to spite them a bit more. Screw you, Howland. Fuckin' traitor. I ain't done yet. See. Bastard. Screw you and your precious Milkhaire. A grin appeared on his face, looking almost funny as his eyes were heavy and half-closed. "I..... was.... not.... you.... enemy..... I am now. Treachery is not nice. Have you...." His vision swam and he swallowed a lump in his throat trying to stay awake, slowly lowering his head to his horses neck. That helped a bit, and he pressed on. "Have you considered asking for my help? The Count.... He is not my master. I am.... the one that wants to stop the war. He merely gave me.... a few men. See...." His voice was slowing to a slur and he was slowly sliding down towards the right. "Wha... Ah, yeah. I had...... had to..... do this. For me. Count wants..... wants war. Just like......"

And he was gone falling down the side of his horse, plunging towards the earth ever so slowly. His vision was narrowed and his eyes gazed at Howland up until he hit the ground when the sky filled his vision. And he stared at it and smiled. Yeah, bastards. Come to me. Take me to this Milkhaire. And let us have a nice talk. Let us see if he likes what I have to say. And then you die. And maybe he dies. I don't care what happens to me. But, if you hurt Abner then your people will see what war really means. The wounds they have now are just that. I will make sure they die. Bastards. Every.... single....one....of..... yo..... And his vision slowly blackened and he was finally out. The poison had won a battle. For now.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

In the momentary silence after his speech, Abner believed he had actually made an impression on the men. This hope was dashed a few flickers later when Howland revealed their treachery. The gnome didn't need to listen to the Clansman's retort: it all played out with tragic predictability: the defiance, the rage, the conspiracy, the ambush. Abner did not even feel much betrayal, just a weary sadness that mankind was so reliably narrow in its perspective. He felt the sting of a dart in his neck and muttered only, "Pawns... you are all pawns..." before the drug started spread through his small frame. Then there was darkness.
--Geoffery Chaucer

Post by Guest »

A distant wolf howled, waking him from fitful, troubled sleep. Around him the dark forest creaked and moaned as if the gentle breeze was its breath. The others all slept nearby, Red Jon snored softly, and Howland was curled into a little ball like a child.

The wolf howled again. Much closer this time.

Footfalls of a large animal coming towards him could be heard and a large stag, as large as a horse, suddenly burst through the underbrush and came to a halt not ten paces away. It stood, watching and waiting, and the wolf howled again, it galloped into the trees and away, snapping branches and twigs as it moved.

A few flickers later, a figure could be seen in the trees outside of the camp. It was tall and lean, and moved like a man, but a crown of antlers sprang from it's head. It stood, watching... waiting...

Two large wolves, much larger than any dog crept into the camp. They were grey and white and padded into the circle of men unafraid and curious. One sniffed at Waymer's head, but still the man slept. The figure still stood, silent and watching...

One of the wolves reared it's head back and howled again, it was deafening to be so close. It's eyes flashed in the moonlight and it looked directly at Kelsyk...

Kelsyk woke suddenly from the dream. He looked around the camp for the animals he had seen. Slowly he started to get up from where he had slept. Kelsyk winced as his sore back and legs protested moving. He was still rubbing the sleep from his eyes when the two men were discovered missing. Hearing Gavin's command, Kelsyk started packing up and preparing to head out after the boys. Well looks like were about to meet the clans a lot sooner then we expected, and I don't think this meeting will be very diplomatic. Slowly, still aching from the last day, he headed over towards his horse to mount up.

“Alright, everyone. Slight change of plans. We are not going after James and Carlton. Yes, you heard that right. We are not.”
Kelsyk was stunned by this change of plans, he stood stock still for several moments before he realized that either way he would have to mount up. Reaching his horse, he swung his bag over and tide it to the saddle. Pausing for a couple second, Kelsyk breathed deeply trying to remember how to get on the horse. Going a bit slow, Kelsyk put one leg up into the stirrup before swinging his other leg over, trying hard not to fall off in the process. As they began to ride out, the pain in Kelsyk legs and back from the previous day started to return.

As the group rode on, Kelsyk mind began to wonder back to the dream he had had. I wonder if it has any meaning? Was it just a dream, or a message from the gods? Either way it has no apparent meaning to me, not yet anyway. The cry from Pip startled Kelsyk out of his revere. Quickly Kelsyk dismounted and hurried toward Pip.

When he reached Pip, and he saw the body strung up he was stunned and revolted. Seeing the skin all piled up and discarded, Kelsyk bent over struggling not to vomit. It did help. When Gavin asked them to prepare a funeral pyre, Kelsyk could bring himself to approach the body. Standing back he watched as the flame consumed the pyre and the body. Kelsyk then turned and mounted his horse again, preparing to move one.

Silently Kelsyk sat and listened the Howland and Gavin each give their speeches. He agreed with both of them, the smoke did annouce their presence and who ever did this needed to be punished. He was slightly surprised at the emotion evident in Gavin's voice. Then Howland revealed his treachery. Kelsyk barely had time to start to understand the depth of Howland betrayal before he felt the sharp sting of a dart. Kelsyk reached up pulling the dart, he quizzically looked at it before he felt himself began to slide off his horse towards the ground. I hate following off horses, was his last thought before unconsciousness overtook him.

OOC: sorry it took so long guys, I just got out of the hospital about a week ago from a shoulder surgery.
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

OOC: Fantastic work everyone! This thread is now closed and locked, and will be skilled shortly.

Your story continues here. :D

https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=11685
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

OOC: Now Skilled and Archived! :wink:

Return to “Dort Archive”