The first hurdle - Keristan - 26th MT

Moderator: Mods

Tristam

The first hurdle - Keristan - 26th MT

Post by Tristam »

Keristan once more followed a guide of light through the halls and towers of the Battle Mage spires. Eventually is stopped at a large door of ironwood bound in brass. The globe of light touched the door and it slowly opened.

Inside, he could see that mentor Auros had a spacious office. There was a desk to one side, with a sparsely filled bookcase against the wall to Keristan's left; the desk itself was empty, almost spartan. Although the rest of the room seemed to scream 'battlemage', there were no weapons displayed here. That was an oddity, too, since most of the other rooms in the Spire that the young man had seen had contained various amounts of weaponry.

The room's right side was dominated by what appeared to be a personal training facility. There was a wooden dummy in the center, and off against the right wall were various weights used for lifting, and a punching bag apparently filled with sand - some had leaked out and pooled beneath it.
Alexu Auros stood in the training part of his office. He wore loose cotton pants and a sleeveless cotton shirt, the latter stained with sweat. His wild, curly hair was a flaming red of colour, and his build was athletic, muscular. He saw an intense face that was concentrated on training: currently, Alexu was hitting the wooden dummy with hands wrapped in leather straps. The dummy, amazingly enough, was moving a little, blocking some punches and feinting towards its opponent from time to time. Clearly, it was a magickal construct.

When the door was open, Alexu Auros turned his attention to the one standing in its opening. His face was handsome in a rough way, and his eyes were flecked with reddish gold.

"Yes?" he asked curtly. "What is it?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”