Looking for UoM

Moderator: Mods

Haldane

Samheen 29th

Post by Haldane »

OOC: I saw no entrance thread so I resorted to posting here. Hope that's okay!

IC: Haldane’s search for a resting place was valorous but was all for naught. He managed to saunter to and fro about the night stricken city as he sleepily staggered along, not really knowing where he could go or what he could do. The most sleep he had managed, as far as he could recall anyway, was when he sat down at a store front for a moment’s reprieve and seemed to manage to sleep for several burns, but his effort was to no avail for he was restless with the anticipation of the day that was to come. Once again he had no place to go, so he decided that he may as well head to the University of Magick, just to see what it was really like, where he soon be living.

The moon was full that night and it illuminated everything as it fended off the darkness that threatened to overcome Citadel’s alleyways and street corners. Each step he took resonated behind him with no other sounds about to disturb their hollow echo as the spires that towered overhead guided his path. The echoes sounded more distant now, the convoluted streets and confined alleyways had ended, his journey had finally brought him to the gates of the University where at last he sat as the sun had begun to rise,- daybreak. And so he rested his weary eyes, for it was now safe to do so. Lyra could wake him when she arrives. His sack was uneven and uncomfortable, but it made a fine pillow as he drifted off to sleep. Haldane was positioned at the entrance of the University of Magick as the waking sun warmed his face with a pleasant and comforting glow.

Post by Guest »

Lyra ensured that she was sufficiently prepared for her enrolment into the University. She had bought a few necessities, ate a full meal, and had thought through over and over again if she was doing the right thing. She wondered if her plans were naive, or even dangerous. After all, her intentions were not exactly ones which should be made public. The fewer who knew what she was going to try to do, the better.

Yet this achadhiel somehow complicated matters. She knew it, yet she could not help but want his company. This was not so much an attraction, but a desire for company. She knew that she missed having people around her, listening to her, and even occassionally being awed by her. Even though they could be but false faces, Lyra reminded herself.

Lyra made it to the entrance of the University just as dawn was breaking. She saw Haldane and walked up to him. "Well, hello there, Haldane. I suppose we are all ready to proceed?" Lyra controlled her voice to hide the extreme excitement she was feeling in her heart.
Haldane

Post by Haldane »

OOC: I am soooooooooooooooo sorry that it took so long to reply, the on/off switch fell off of my computer, so I managed to weasle my way through the security system of our school computers...muahahahaha.

IC: Grogily he rolled ovvrer on his side to see a fresh Lyra stand there to greet him. As quickly as he had noticed her he was on his feet and lready tiding up. "I apologize for my rudeness," with that he regailed her on the night's happens, and his lack of ability to find a place to sleep. Fully ready by the time he had finished his story, he agreed that they should progress onwards to the registrar.

OOC: I'm not entirely sure if I am allowed to do this so feel free to rewrite the following.

IC: As they were walking Haldane began to talk,"I really wasn't sure of you would actually show. I mean the circumstances we are meeting under are very... well they're very simple. It hardly constsiutes motivation, but I am sure that we both desire company more than either of us are willing to let on, or at least I am," he laughed in a friendly just to give her a sense of reassurance that he was as he appeared to be... a friend.

As they walked slowly through the square he gaz4ed back up at the spires. He hadn't gotten a very good look at them the previous night. They were simply magnifiecnt; Haldane was at a loss for words, but not so for sounds, for he continually caught himself gasping ever so slightly. aside for that thier walk had been normal so far.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The University was indeed a quiet place this time of morning but somehow it felt like an onimous quiet. Nothing disturbed Haldane as he slumbered here. Of course he would never know that this was because he had been ensorceled and brough inside for examination by the mages within. Had Haldane been awake or aware he would have witnessed a mighty collection of warriors, wizards and priests pass through those doors and seen them grimly march to their destinty with a twisted Nether force. As it was, Haldane was unaware of it all and as he was decided to be no threat, the mages had returned Haldane to the steps where he lay.

While Haldane and Lyra talked quietly they were passed by a pretty copper haired adhiel that passed them by on her way to the Hall of Ages. She too seemed impressed by the University as she took in as much as she could one the way inside.

Please continue here:

https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=13203
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”