Entering the Dragon TT 28th Samheen

Moderator: Mods

Melody McMassey

Entering the Dragon TT 28th Samheen

Post by Melody McMassey »

The Burpin Dragon is a two floor friendly Inn for those travelers down on their luck. Run by an odd couple this Inn caters to the poor and kind of heart. Here a man or woman can get experienced advice, new jokes and a place to stay for a very low price. Bardic and rogueish people tend to frequent this Inn the most. Bards share their talents and compete in a friendly atmosphere, while rogues can feel safe and secure for a night.

The well decorated foyer contains a grumbling old dwarf behind a desk, a place to hang your coat, a few comfy seats to rest in while waiting to check in, and a few baked goods to sample while your relaxing.

A stairway leads up to the second floor and a doorway leads into the Bar, where sounds of merry fun can be heard.

Melody was on the Citadel isle for ten minutes now, and her mood couldn’t get any worse... her black leather doublet was covered with mud... her black robe was covered with mud too... her hair was a mess, her red rose was covered with mud... all because of that stupid town guard/wannabe whore. She straightened the red rose behind her right ear, and tried to calm down a little. The whore would regret she ever did this to her...

She approached the burpin Dragon, and a small smile appeared on her face. Finally... she’d be able to change clothes, take a warm bath, and search for her first assasination contract... with a bit of luck, she’d find one in the next couple of days, so she could prove she was as good as the Red Rose... the infamous assasin she met on muchislie... she took his style... the red rose behind the right eye and the black leather clothes...

She opened the door, and walked inside. She became a little embarrassed by the state of her clothes, and started blushing a little.
Last edited by Melody McMassey on Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

A dwarf sat behind the large front counter closely examining a set of coins before him with a large lens in his hand. He looked up and the muddy condition of his latest customer didn't concern him at all. Certainly worse had walked in here over the yahren.

A large entry to his left led to the main tavern. It was still a busy tradetide with most of the seats filled by tradesmen and merchants that can afford to linger over lunch. Bill put down the glass and focused on Melody.

"Welcome to the Dragon." He growled out. "Food and drink's through there. I let out the rooms. What do you need?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Melody McMassey

Melody looked at the dwarf. She wouldn’t act like a bitch this time… A small smile appeared on her face. “Well... I’d like a warm bath, and a room with privacy. And if you know someone who wants to clean this dirty clothes...” She tried to brush some of the mud off, but she only made it worse.

She sighed, and looked at her gloves. Great... they were dirty too... She took off the black gloves, and looked at the dwarf again. “I only want to stay for a couple of nights, so how much will it cost me?”
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"A room's five banner a night. Two banner for a bath and two banner for laundry. First night is paid in advance." The dwarf informed her gruffly. "All our rooms are private if you let nobody else in."

Bill spun around on his chair to face a pegboard on the wall. He selected a heavy iron key from a peg and spun back to Melody. "You are in room number 3, second on the right at the top o' the stairs. I'll send the bath up and the lads can bring your clothes down with it. Any problems, you tell me and I'll whip their hides until its right." Bill assured her.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Melody McMassey

((OOC: I'm so sorry for my late reply... some private things happened, and I was too busy to post))

IC:

Melody smiled at the dwarf, and leaned forward a little. “I’ll give you 2 Lance extra if you can give me some information. I’ll pay you 2 more Lance when I check out if you keep it a secret.” She leaned in even closer, and she started whispering. “I am from a wealthy family, and we don’t take kindly to people who humiliate us. If, and IF, I don’t say I really want it, but if I wanted to make someone pay for it... torture them or end their miserable life... or both... where do I have to go to arrange these things? I hope a...” She paused for a moment, to search for the right words. “Good looking dwarf like you can give me that information.” She purred seductively when she said those last words. She smiled, and gave him the Banners and the Lances. “I’ll stay for a week.”
Last edited by Melody McMassey on Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Bill leaned in closer as Melody offered him extra coin but drew back in surprise as the request was laid out. It certainly wasn't the first time Bill was questioned about such unsavory services but it caught him off guard from a pretty young thing like this.

Bill considered her story. A wealthy lady wouldn't be mucked up like she is and be so casual about it. She'd also be flashing around coronet or crowns trying to show how desperately important the matter was. No, this was someone careful. A new player in the game? No harm in steering her right.

Bill deftly pocketed the coins. The dwarf leaned in again and spoke low. "Well, my dear, you could spread your coin around the docks and hire any number of bullyboys and thugs, but if you want it clean and quiet, go down to the Ha'penny Mermaid and ask for Red. If you can meet her price, she's the best."
Last edited by Tristam on Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Melody McMassey

Melody smiled, and nodded at him. So she had to go to the Ha’penny Mermaid to find her first contract killing. She smiled, and winked at the man. “Thank you.” She took the key, and walked towards the stairs. She now had a place to find a contract killing... with a bit of luck she’d get better with her whip and her dagger...

She walked upstairs, and grinned evilly. Krys would pay for this. But how... she opened the door to her room. She threw her dirty black robe into one of the chairs, followed by her dirty black leggings and her dirty black doublet. She threw her dirty black boots in a corner. She grabbed the blankets off her bed, and wrapped them around her body, waiting until the bath arrived.
Last edited by Melody McMassey on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

She did not have long to wait. A polite knock at the door heralded the arrival of two men, well a man and a teenaged boy. The lad was carrying the empty wooden tub just large enough for a person to fit into. Behind him came a large man carrying two large urns of water, one with steam coming out of the top.

The tub was placed in the center of the room and both urns were poured into the tub to give a nice warm bath. The lab went about gathering up the dirty clothes. "Just tell Bill downstairs when your ready and we'll take the bath back down. Enjoy, miss." He nodded to her and moved to leave the room.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Melody McMassey

Melody looked at the tub, and a small smile appeared on her face. She waited until the man closed the door, and slowly unwrapped the blankets. She walked towards the door, locked it, and walked towards the tub. She slowly sat down in the tub, allowing her body to get used to the hot water. She started to relax, and her smile became a little bigger. She always got the best idea’s when she took a hot, relaxing bath.

Her smile became a little bigger when she started thinking of a way to let Krys pay for her actions. She could kill her... nah... too easy. She had to suffer for her actions... she could tear her clothes off, burn them, and left her for dead in that alley. But no... she would take revenge if someone found her... she had to think of something else... so she would never return...

She started washing the mud out of her hair. A big, evil grin suddenly appeared on her face. But that was the perfect idea... she could ambush her, drag her into a dark alley, strip her, have some fun with her, and sell her to slavers... there was a big chance Krys would never return... and she could get a big amount of money for a strong, beautiful slave...

She got out of the tub, and laughed evilly. Yes... yes... that was the perfect idea. She quickly opened her bag, and took out a new black outfit. Krys would pay... she suddenly felt her stomach growling. But she would get something to eat first... maybe in the Ha’penny Mermaid... she could try to find her first contract kill, or make preparations for her plan to destroy that terrible female guard. She quickly got dressed, and left her room.

She walked down the stairs with a smile, and looked at the dwarf behind the counter. “You can send your two goons upstairs to take that tub downstairs again.”
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Bill answered her with a gruff nod. "Twill be gone when ya get back." The smells of roasting meat and fresh baked bread made the growling in her stomach repeat. The Mermaid would certainly be cheaper but likely the Dragon would be better. It was all a matter of what she was in the mood for this day.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Skillzed! - Finley

Return to “Inner City Archive”