PI: Piratic Healer coming through (Lir) - Samheen 30th

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Post by Lir Calysta Markby »

{ooc: It would be the 30th of Samheen for me...but it seems I have gone back in time or rather just a time zone! ^_^}

A young woman stepped out of the portal next looking quite green from the magical travel. Some would have even called her beautiful if her face wasn't marred by a black patch over one eye protecting whatever is left behind that part of her face.

She wore a set of tight fitting blackened leather pants and a black bodice that still enabled her to move around freely, a white overflowing shirt underneath to ensure her modesty. Her hair, blue-black waves tied up and concealed by the bandana wrapped around her head and a hat that protected her eye from the sun and also purposely shadowed her face.

Once Lir retained her center, she began to walk towards whatever might look like a line of newcomers to be registered. Lir's general expression was caution and curiosity.

What side of the war am I on? Ah...for the Oneist...urgh... Of course, Lir did not really care who's side she was on being a mercenary but it did help to gain that bit of information to at least know who to help and who to protect herself from.
Last edited by Lir Calysta Markby on Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beautiful avatar by [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe![/url] ^_^

Post by Guest »

Next came the elongated face of a dark, dappled mule. Winfred was so relieved to have survived his trip, that he trumpeted out his euphoria. His master, the sword mistress Ony stepped through the portal just in time to be deafened by the last notes of his outcry. "WINFRED! Stop it!", she snapped. Rather self conscious she pulled the reigns in her hand closer. The horse that was attached to it seemed to be helped by the nearness to her rider. It's overall quivering, eye rolling and ear twitching lessened considerably. Ony Jikoku surveyed her new surroundings for the first time, grinned, then shrugged. All army camps look alike to me. Nothing new here.

The thirty something woman looked rather martial in her tan leather outfit. Tell tale signs of wear and tear told the history of abuse it must have lived through. Old cuts and tears were repair with mismatched threading, marks on her bum told of a life in the saddle and discolorations on her left hip - behind her slim rapier - gossiped about the age of the relationship between weapon and armor. Whatever else one might think of it, clearly it was made for swift, deadly action. Streamlined, it hugged the wearer's long, sleek limbs, nicely curved hips and ample bossom.

Pulling at the leads of her two animals, Ony's pony tailed, black hair swerved around to point her warm, hazel eyes towards Lir. Grinning she thought: My, my, she's in a hurry. "Heya Lir, wait up." Leading a still very nervous Elisa and her longer eared friend forward, she joined the young healer in line. Softly the warrior murmured: "I do so HATE queueing..."
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Ony's words were heard and Lir slowed down until Ony could get in step with her. A smile appeared at Ony's complaint and the healer nodded in agreement. "But I doubt it would take so long to get us prepared to where we need to be...hopefully." She replied just as softly.

A shrewd eye surveyed their surroundings. She was an amateur when it came to a warzone but tried not to look to fresh-faced. She worked at looking vigilant but non-chalant and held her ground. Lir discreetly studied the people around her to see if anyone's personality jumped out at her. She doubted she would recognise anyone but it was good to take mental note of her new environment.

"Thankfully, I ate something before heading to the registration booth but not sure if I'll lose my lunch because of that portal. Urgh." She rubbed her tummy to try to keep it settled.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

Not only was there a line, but it was quickly losing any sense of direction or cohesion. There were hundreds of people crammed into the portal building, all standing in several inches of murky, muddy water, joined by a dozen or so horses and several other animals of various kind. Lir didn't have long to wait, though, as several attendants were waiting near the portal to direct incoming people to their necessary destinations.

"Good tide to you, signorina," came an unfamiliar greeting. Lir recognized a man from World's Mouth when she heard one...and he most certainly was one of these. "From where have you come? Who sent you here? And with what organization...if any...do you belong? And to you, madam..." this directed at Ony with a cursory glance at the donkey. The animal was displeased with the journey, and for a moment it risked leaping back towards the portal where it would no doubt meet with endlessly more trouble and hassle. "...or are you both here...for more private purposes?" offered the bureaucrat.
Maeve: It starts with ambition
Meridiuz: It ends with Grant
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

The young woman was used to hearing different accents and dialects from all over the world that had stumbled upon the Nether's Gate. This greeting was recognised from the World's Mouth and she listened to all of his questions. It made sense that one would ask so many questions to get situated and you would not want just anyone taking care of the injuried, nevertheless, Lir hated answering questions.

"We hail from King's Court." It was the last place she was at and was not a complete lie. "I was sent here by the registar that I had signed up with on those lands." She continued. "I am not with an organization and here to assist with the injuried as a healer."

The violet eye went from the bureaucrat to Ony, "Ony is my guardian..." She continued and hoped it would keep them at least within close proximity. The ship healer knew how to take care of herself but could hardly call herself a seasoned warrior. Lir knew that Ony's skills would be more important for the front line or perhaps on the more stealthy missions but it would be nice to have a friend close by.

She wondered what the man meant by private purposes. It either meant that he believed them to be entertainment to relieve the stress for the more important people fighting in this war...or they were to go on stealth missions. It was not the time or the place to be indignant and instead she replied with, "we have both arrived for the war efforts, I was a healer and Ony as a warrior." She concluded hoping that was enough for the World Mouth bureaucrat.

Then the ship healer went silent so her companion could speak on her own behalf.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

"Ah! As fate would have it, we have a very strong need of healers," replied the bureaucrat pleasantly. After dealing with so many warriors in the last few tides, it was a pleasant change to meet something else...and the Governor had already issued his concerns for the general lack of medical staff at Aveas. Medical staff, Sorcerers, and even Cooks...we lack everything except footmen, he thought with some irony. "Signorina Ony, could I beg you to report to Julian Faber, just over there?" the bureaucrat pointed to another official, one that seemed to be dressed with some display of wealth, who seemed to be negotiating with a desert mercenary even now. "He should place you properly. Once he has done so, you can settle in and explore. I suspect your friend..." he motioned to Lir "...will be given the hospice at the waterfront. Now if you'll excuse me, I should introduce her to the Governor."

Nodding once, Ony glanced over at Lir and smiled as the bureaucrat moved to lead Lir away. "Come with me, signorina. The Governor will want to meet you immediately. He is just over here, and he will have you settled and comfortable in no time."
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

A violet eye met Ony's eyes and she nodded wishing a general good luck to the warrior songstress. She hoped the woman will be all right while they were fighting this war. A small smile was given and then she followed the bureaucrat to where the Governor was.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

~Fin!

Return to “Aveas Archive”