To all memers of the Demon Hunt - Chyril 24th ET

Moderator: Mods

Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

To all memers of the Demon Hunt - Chyril 24th ET

Post by Ulder »

This letter is on thick brown paper, folded into thirds, and sealed with a stamp of a rearing horse pressed into thick red wax and personally delivered by a messenger in the Eveningtide of Chyril the 24th to the following people;

Lady Ashari Gywien
Master Elvin Motricé
Master Valsert Forell
Lady Dianissiya E'Dorian
Master Morgan Scrylock
Lady Becca Acerbi
Master Corbin Dillon
Lady Aeris Mourir
Master Barrett Threespan
Master Talanwei Fortisse

Greetings,

I hope this letter finds you well and in good health.

I feel that what we accomplished together was something special, and I think about you often because of it. The citizens of Citadel may never know the extent of your bravery, but Elaine and I do, and we thank you for it.

The efforts and sacrifices you made for us and the safety, security, and well being of the people of this great city was well worth it. There are still problems; there are still challenges and obstacles to overcome, but without the Changer and his influence, the city, and the entire Empire are safer because of you.

As you know, there is a new Caesar about to be crowned in the city. This new man is well suited for the task, and eager to begin. We may not all agree on politics, or the actions that need to be taken, but at least there are conversations, council meetings and debate, and I’m certain there are those that will stand up for what is right and make their voices heard for the betterment of all.

I’m writing to you because I wanted to share with you a story. I story that I told this morningtide to a stranger, and now I wanted to tell it to my friends. I want to tell you a story about two young men. These men were simple, country folk, raised in the quiet places of the West and into a simple life of hard work and meager means. They worked the land and helped scratch out a living from the very soil itself. All of their lives they were told that the God they worshiped was as strong and powerful as any other God, but not more important or higher than any other God. Then came the news of battle in a place once called Pan’s Isle, now called Aveas.

When news of the battles in Aveas broke, they said goodbye to their loved ones, and rode away from their plain and simple lives to fight. They were young men, hardy of heart and strong of limb, so they felt compelled to act where others could only stand and watch, much like you felt when the threat of the Changer came.

When they reached the island, they were chosen for a unit that was hunting troops of the Prodesse and the Purificatio of the One Church of Dominicus, and waging war directly against them. The two men and their Royalist units engaged the Prodesse, and they were killed in the heavy fighting on the island, before the treaty.

These two men died in battle because their beliefs clashed with the beliefs of the Prodesse and the One Church. The Legions of the church waged a war to impose their beliefs and their power on others for the cause of religious and moral supremacy. The ironic part was that these two men were both faithful and loyal adherents to the One Church, and devout worshipers of Dominicus themselves, yet their resistance to the ideas and beliefs of the Prodesse was so strong, they volunteered to go stand against the very leaders of their own faith. They were called heathen and pagan, and cast out by the Church. They were brutally killed by the Inquisitors, by their very own confessors just for believing that others should be allowed to worship other Gods in their own fashion and that the church was wrong to impose their beliefs on others.

I tell you this sad story because of its closeness to me. Those two young men that were killed on Aveas were my two oldest brothers. I learned of this tragedy in speaking with my family last yahren when I went home to have them meet Elaine. Recently, they came to visit for the wedding, and I spoke with my father about what happened to his sons, my brothers. He told me about a place called Pax Balthasar where people not of the same faith have been treated poorly and imprisoned for their beliefs. Balthasar, the now dead King, decreed that all those who had a faith other than that of the One Church, were to be outlawed and sent to live in this new city he created for them. He spoke of the great challenge of building a new city and creating something from nothing, but in reality, this new city that bears his name is nothing more than a place for those not of the same faith to be interred and imprisoned and to live out of sight and out of mind for the rest of the West.

One of the things Elaine has taught me is that there are times when the Gods order our steps, and there is a time when we must decide our own fate, and that is the purpose of this letter. What the Prodesse and the One Church has done cannot stand. With the King now dead in the West and with the Prodesse now roaming unfettered and unhindered, the time to make a stand against them is now. If no one rises up to challenge them, what else will they do? Who will be the next target of their prejudice and bias? Who will be the next to be shipped away and forgotten because of intolerance and fanaticism?

Elaine and I are finishing our preparations. We leave for Pax Balthasar on the 26th of Chyril, the day after tomorrow. If you wish to join us, seek us out at our home that morning. I do not expect that you will drop everything and journey there with us, but I’m hoping you will anyway. Because I consider you a friend, and because of the fellowship and brotherhood that we once shared, I felt it was important to extend the invitation to you if you share my beliefs, for we can stand stronger together than we ever could apart. The Changer once stood against us, and it was defeated through our will and our unity. Now I offer a chance for you to be the changer, or to be an instrument of change of a different sort, this time for the better of all.

My undying thanks go to you for the life you’ve given me. My prayers are that soon you will be as happy as I am today. My best wishes go to you for the rest of your days.

Sincerely,

Ulder Synkaaros

OOC: Delivered to each via PM as well, in case they miss the thread. CC to Grey Wolf as well.
Last edited by Ulder on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

A letter arrived a few marks later. Sealed with black wax, the seal of a star impressed into it.

My dear friend,

It is good to hear from you and even better to know that you've found a goal in your life. It is with the deepest regret that I hear of the passing of two from your family and I offer my heartfelt condolences to you and your kin.

Although I'm more then eager to go with you there are more things that are hanging in the balance, responsibilities I can't deny. Know that the means to summon another Changer exist and know that these means have been stolen by parties yet unknown.

I am making preparations that might enable me to leave the Citadel for a few days but I'm not sure if I will be able to finish them all in time. If I think of the hardships you might face in the West my heart feels heavy. I have travelled to World's Mouth only recently and was surprised to see the change the city has undergone in the few months I hadn't seen it. Racial hate, persecution and corruption reign it's streets more then ever. An emotion that reflects the underlying heart of the Prodesse, or so I believe. Be careful, my friend, for they will try to destroy you every way they can. They know no honour and fear and hate blind them completely.

I'm not sure how you want to travel to the West. If you were planning to travel by Portal I can spare you the heavy taxes the Pecunians ask for the use of their Portal. I offer you the usage of the Universitiy's Portal and I personally will activate it. If I can't travel with you, it's the least I can do. Let me know what your plans are?

Sincerely

Arlúvièl Elvin Motricé
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi

Return to “Imperial Mail Archive”