KC : Exploring the city (Chyril 23rd, late TT)

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

KC : Exploring the city (Chyril 23rd, late TT)

Post by Guest »

After entering the city through Viligant Gates, Mirvon looked around. The city was huge, there were buildings, taller than he could imagine and more than he could count. But there was one structure that instantly grabbed his attention, the palace, built upon a high rock in the middle of King’s Court, there was no doubt as to who this building belonged to. It appeared royal, almost divine; Mirvon couldn’t imagine anyone besides royalty – maybe even gods – living there. It seemed too big, too magnificent, almost too perfect. Even though he would’ve loved to have seen the white palace up close, he decided it might not be a very good idea to go there, since only the rich and mighty had business there. He would stand out like a green tree in the desert, he just wouldn’t fit. The young sand dweller turned around and strolled through the avenue.

Growing up in the desert, the Half-Giant had never in his life seen this many people pact together. They seemed to just go with the flow, floating through the streets, even though he was a lot larger than everyone there and could see above their heads, Mirvon was still dragged along by the crowd. He walked past many stands, shops and merchants selling things he had never seen or even heard of before. Mirv’ was amazed by the amount of items being sold here; he never knew humans had so many different things. He saw weapons that left him astounded, the detail and craftsmanship they were made with was ungraspable for him. Mirvon took his small dagger out of the sheath and looked at it, the dagger was a small curved piece of metal, sharpened with a stone; the hilt was wrapped in leather. The little weapon had proven to be extremely useful, but it was in no way as magnificent as the items he saw here.

After walking for a while the Avenue of Trade branched off into a basilica, Mirvon stood in front of the building. Gazing upwards he noticed several sculptures along side the church. This must be the temple of that… One god. He stepped towards the gate of the building. Should I enter? No one will know I don’t really follow this so called One god. He strolled through the gate. What he saw next caught him completely off guard, the most beautiful garden he had ever seen, in the house of the One. He gazed through the garden, afraid to move or to even make a noise. Mirvon just stood there, looking at the flowers and vegetation of the garden. After a few burns he realised he was standing in the middle of the gate, and this wasn’t exactly ‘blending in’. He moved on and walked towards the chapel entrance. The chapel was a magnificent structure, but the young Half-Giant hardly saw it. All he thought about was the garden. Could men make such a thing? Was it a creation of the One? Couldn’t be…or could it... He didn’t know what to think about the garden, Mirvon knew one thing though, whenever he needed a place to think or to be alone, this is where he’d come. He didn’t care about which god it belonged to, it was now his place of rest, his own temple, dedicated to his thoughts and the Red Warrior.

He didn’t enter the chapel, it seemed too friendly, too inviting, he feared people might notice he didn’t belong there. Mirvon turned around and strolled back to the Avenue of Trade. For a few more marks he walked through the avenue, and strolled through different streets and corridors. Eventually he ended up at the Harbor, the sand dweller had never seen so much water, but he didn’t care, he was simply too tired too care. He strolled on, ending up near the docks. He almost walked past it, but then he noticed the Dragon’s Den, the inn the guard has talked about. Mirvon leaned forward a bit and entered the tavern, he had no idea what to do now, he just stood there in the middle of the room. Looking around, he decided he’d wait for someone to address him, rather than make a fool out himself by asking for a room of someone who had nothing to do with the inn.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

Where the Docks end and Sailor's Boulevard, the residential area overlooking Mer de la Luna, began, The Dragon's Den did its business in King's Court. It was a large, three story building, constructed of stone and wood. Balconies ran alongside the second floor. A red dragon, breathing fire and protecting a treasure, decorated the sign that slowly swayed in the wind.

The most famous feature of the inn was its floating terrace. Essentially a large raft, moored to the shore, it served as a place to eat pancakes or drink a beverage. The terrace was very popular on sunny days. The Den had a number of rooms for rent. Those that didn't care much for luxury, would find nice, tidy lodgings at the inn.

Pancakes are the Den's speciality, hence the nickname Pete's Pancake Palace. Guests could order the delicacy with a wide variety of toppings. Of course, "normal" food was served as well.

Peter Throckmorton owned and exploited the inn. He was a giant of a man with a thick red beard. His booming voice carried far and he used it a lot, giving orders to his staff. He could be found everywhere on the premises. Sometimes in the kitchen, pep talking his cooks into better performances and sometimes on the floating terrace, inquiring about the needs of his guests. He was always cheerful, his booming laughing spreading through the establishment.
**********************************************************************************

On the particular tradetide that Mirvon entered the Dragon’s Den, the tavern was only moderately busy. A few patrons were consuming a late lunch or early dinner and a pleasant aroma wafted around the main bar area. Most of the customers were nonedescript, sitting by themselves and engrossed with their own concerns. However, a number of patrons were of some note. First, sitting on a stool at the bar was a young gnome, head in hands, peering into a large glass of ale with a dejected look on his face. On a nearby table sat a scruffy youth with unkempt hair who appeared to be sketching something on a piece of parchment laid on the table in front of him. The third customer of interest was a small, female adheil who sat unobtrusively in a corner of the room, a pair of almost violet eyes periodically scanning the other patrons.

It was only a flicker before a red-haired barmaid approached Mirvon, a broad grin on her face. “Good tradetide. My, you are a big boy.” The barmaid fluttered her eyelids ostentatiously. “How can I help? Would you like room, drink or something to eat? We have plenty available and the chef’s special pancake is a delight today. And you can call me Sasha.”

Post by Guest »

Mirvon had been looking around the tavern and noticed some strange people sitting there, at the bar sat a little person, the littlest human Mirvon had ever seen. He had no idea humans could be that small, coming from the desert he had never heard of gnomes. At one of the tables sat a creature which he had never seen before, but he knew it was definitely not human, nonetheless it was one of the most beautiful creatures he had come across in his life. While he was gazing at the Adhiel a red-haired woman approached him.

“Good tradetide. My, you are a big boy.” The barmaid fluttered her eyelids ostentatiously. “How can I help? Would you like room, drink or something to eat? We have plenty available and the chef’s special pancake is a delight today. And you can call me Sasha.”

She startled him; he looked at her for a few moments, wondering what pancakes were. Since he wanted to learn some of the local habits he decided to just order pancakes and see what he’d get. “Err...Pancakes”, he smiled, “Water and…A room, need a room.” He couldn’t suppress his stuttering, he hated that he couldn’t speak the language properly. Mirvon stood there smiling at the barmaid who, in his opinion, looked adorable. He wanted to say something... Anything, but he had no idea what to say, so he just smiled.
Guido Cercatoro

“I’ll get you the chef’s special pancake,” smiled the barmaid. “And water….well, if that is what you want. Are you sure you wouldn’t like something stronger? That gentleman,” she nodded in the direction of the nearby gnome, “claims that the ale we have at the moment is excellent. Don’t you Notwen?”

The gnome looked up from his ale, flicking back his dark-hair with a brush of one hand. “Don’t tease me Sasha, I’m not in the mood.” The young gnome stared at the half-giant as if he had only just noticed him. “Still she is right, it is a good ale. You are welcome to join me, friend. Are you new in the city?”

“I’ll check with Pete that we have rooms available,” continued the barmaid. “Why don’t you take a seat by Notwen at the bar.”
Guido Cercatoro

Archived due to player inactivity

Return to “KC Archive”