The University of Magick is gone!

Moderator: Mods

Tristam

The University of Magick is gone!

Post by Tristam »

For any that were awake and looking in the right direction, the gravetide of Chyril the 26th would forever be etched into their memory. It started off small and subtle. Spiderweb tracings of light skittered up and down the University walls. A few sparks leaped into the heavens from the domed peaks of the Astrology tower. Strange things but hardly uncommon for the University. Children and the young at heart would watch the show while the rest would pay it no mind and keep walking to the tavern or working their job.

Then the University blazed with platinum light. It swirled around every spire lighting up the night with its glory. Rainbow colored energies would pour off the University walls and get sucked into this vortex that wobbled around it. For what seemed like marks but was only flickers, the University grappled with this alien magick and then darkness once more.

Crowds that had formed in the streets to watch the spectacle broke into spontaneous applause at the show. The wizards had truly outdone themselves that night! Only late did the dawn reveal to all what those close to the event knew. The University had disappeared. All that remained was a single spire, the public square that used to lie before the main gate, and gaping holes leading down into whatever dungeons lay beneath the school of magick.

--------

Those people looking for the University of Magick would do well to look in Sierra. Its been fun Citadel. Don't be a stranger.

-- Tristam
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”