Just a talk,,, Outside B. Dragon C 26th ET

Moderator: Mods

Langredoc
Civus

Just a talk,,, Outside B. Dragon C 26th ET

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc was steaming by the time he arrived outside... Women business was the worsted a man could have.. and these Troth women were even less communicative then others. To Nether with them all.. He should just stay inside and spent the money on a few drinks.. Still the coins and the look in the woman's eyes told a story that placed a tarnish on him, so he would wash that away. One way or a other...

In the time that it took to reach the entrance he had thought about many things to say, still when he went outside there was only one thing he could say..

"What do you really want of me Eyrekra..." he said calmly against the back of the woman..
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

Eyrekra finished her routine with a spin move, so she would be facing Langredoc. With a violent thrust she planted the base of the spear sharply into the ground. She had manage to place the metal stud between two of the rocks in the pattern of the street, causing the spear to stand on it own. Her spear routine was go for her, it helped her displace some of the rage she was feeling towards Langredoc. She heard his question, and for a flicker or two could only answer him with a puzzled expression.

"What do I want of you?" "I think the real question is what do you want?" "Not more then a burn ago you were happy and content to be with Miss slinky lady, now you are out here asking me that stupid question." "Well my answer is....

Nothing! "

The flame that was burning in Eyrekra's eyes earlier, when she was talking to Langredoc, was nothing compared to the fire storm that was brewing now.

"How dare you ask me that." "I am not the keeper of your fancy, nor the maker of your destiny." "As far as I am concern, you can go and do what or who you want, you do not need my permission."

"Now let me ask you a question." "Are you here because your heart tells you to be here, or are you here because your manly pride demands it."
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Avatar provided by allavatars.com artist Flingling.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc listened patiently to Eyrekra, nothing except his eyes displayed his feelings, and his eyes reflected only sorrow. Her aggressive stance and shouting made not move a single pace while his eyes focused on hers.

Then when she asked him her question his first reflex was to laugh... it was a question that showed that she did not know him at all, Hex would never have asked this question, she knew him, probably more by instinct then knowledge. Still the woman deserved a honest answer so she would get it,

“No pride..” he said with a sad smile. “Pride would have killed me a long time ago. And even if you were your Ice Goddess herself I would deny you the right to create my destiny.. I am here because I care.”
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Upon hearing his answer, a wicked smile crossed her face. Eyrekra pulled her sword from its sheath, and stood there patting the flat of the blade against her palm.

"So you say you are here because you care, well lets see just how much you care."

Eyrekra charged Langredoc. She was making an over the head attack, which for Langredoc should be easy enough for him to draw and parry or simply dodge. Regardless of her rage she still did not want to kill him, she just want to see if he was willing to fight.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

For a flicker Langredoc considered not to fight.. the hesitation lasted only long enough for a eye to blink, a long time for the man who would normally kill and then watch who his victim was.

His face marked no change but he moved his body towards the woman, stepping directly in line with Eyrekra's charging body. He would not back off, still he would not use his weapons, his weapons would kill
The man had expected to woman to want to fight... he just didn't know why she was so eager to do so.. maybe only to prove that all Trothgard women were mad. Well that was a funny thought, while the man braced for the impact against Eyrekra's body his shoulder poised to knock the air out of the woman. After that he would take her to the ground..
Last edited by Langredoc on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Eyrekra saw Langredoc move towards her, but his weapons were still sheathed. She stoped her charge and her blade inches before the point of impact. All the rage she had felt faded to sorrow. She had gotten her answer.

"So this is the way it is going to be, then so be it."

Her words seem to be not only directed at Langredoc but, also to a higher power. They were said as if she was finely excepting the reality of her fate.

The fiery red flame in her eyes died, and was replaced quickly by the icy cold white nothingness of her homeland. She held back her tears, she was not willing to let him see her cry. She sheathed her sword, turned, and walked back to get her spear.

Once she got her spear she spoke out loud "Please do not follow me, I need time to think." With that said she headed for Temple Lane to see if she could locate a Temple for the Ice Queen.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

The weapon stopped, the attack stopped.. time itself stopped for a flicker. Langredoc watched the flame die in the woman's eyes. Wondering what would have happened if he would have pulled his weapons. It was clear now that she had expected something. Still he would never let her force him to pull his weapons against her in anger.

When Eyrekra turned to leave and asked him not to follow painful words came to his mouth.

"The summers in Trothgard seem to be short indeed, and if the ice doesn't melt fast enough to create waterfalls the witches assume that its still winter !"

The words left a bitter taste in his mouth.

"What you want, you can have, but you have to ask, I promised myself that I would never be ruled without my consent again, I rather die. If you want to flee the field, your free to go, proving to the world that you are a good witch, hard and cold as ice !"

The words released even more words with the clear ring of pain in them. First he placed tow of the coins on the ground.

"Before you go, take your money back, know that you never hired me, Hex did, I keep one coin as a friend, because next time that you see me, it will be when I am there to avenge your death, and the coin will be placed in your hands to rememberer and to pay the ferryman when I return your body to the ground you froze so solid it would never bare the life you wanted it to bare."

The man turned to enter the inn once again. He never had any relationship with the woman, then why did it hurt so much ?

Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

ooc. this thread is now completed.

bic.

The words that spilled from Langredoc's soul cutter her deeper then any of his weapons could have ever cut her. The tears she had fought so hard to dam up came bursting through. Yet she did not stop walking nor did she look back.

The words she heard in her vision echoed in her head.

"Poor daughter of mine." "Your right of passage can not be bought with gifts." "Yours must be earned by deed, and paid for in blood."

Eyrekra stopped walking, and cried out to the heavens.

"Oh my Goddess, Lady of the Trothgard, is this what is to become of me?" "Am I to become as frozen, and as barren as the Waste Lands?"

She waited in fear for an answer but none came. She lowered her head, for in her heart of hearts she already knew the answer. To serve the Ice Queen, one must serve her heart, mind, body, and soul.

She dried her eyes, raised both her head, and her voice to the heavens once again.

"Lady thy will be done."

Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Locked, summarised and archived without skilling
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”