Essence of Water ~ Chyril 25th - MT

Moderator: Mods

Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Jonah didn't know whether he should be relieved or miffed about the fact that she had not mentioned him in any of her letters. He decided to leave the truth in the middle and grinned.

"Well, that's something at least. Well done. Can imagine it must have been one heck of a confusing time for you. Glad you got your belongings at least."

He stepped up to the nervous girl and touched her cheek lightly. "Well done. Don't worry. I doubt it has anything to do with your family. Besides that, no reason for the idiot to come after you. After all: he never revealed his plans and he should not be aware of the fact that I'm here. He's got a lot of pride, that fool, but I doubt we're important enough anymore to worry."

The girl's response had him puzzled.

She was an accident?

A frown drew his eyebrows together. "Hey now, don't go doubting your existance! You are no accident, missy. You got a purpose."

The man kneeled, looking up in her face to at least try and get a clue what she was talking about.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

Despite how upset she was earlier, when Jonah touched her cheek, she felt a warmth like the sun's rays just heating her skin. This action also caused her mind to cloud a bit with her own emotions, but she did not pull away and tried very hard not to be completely lost. In fact, the only thing she let herself do was lean closer to encourage his touch. Her eyes closed as she let her head swim with warmth but her heart beating a bit faster. He spoke that they are probably safe and Carmelo had moved on. Hopefully...

When Jonah shifted and stopped stroking her cheek she opened her eyes and looked a bit dazed. Grey eyes met a frown from Jonah and she smiled. "My father loved me, and my mother did also in her own little way. Of course, my mother was resourceful and saw me as a pawn to manipulate my father." Hesitation was in her voice, "My mother is not an evil woman, I think she had to do what she had to do because of what her life encompassed. Also, I think she has been hurt many times and really did not understand what love was and had left my father before he betrayed her. I do not think he would have, but she would rather ruin something perfect before letting life ruin it for her." Her shoulders rose in a slight shrug as she exhaled. "Then she was murdered and I do not know much else. My mother was beautiful, but I do not believe she was an entertainer. I think she acted a lot and even I never saw her entirely except for what she wanted me to see. So many masks." A sad smile.

"My father was warm and just as beautiful as my mother. I think he was also a very popular man in the town we lived in. He would receive guests all the time and it seemed often times counseled them despite having a human wife and an achiadhiel child. I never really felt any prejudice until after I found myself in the World's Mouth. I never understood why my mother ran away from my father, and then kidnapped me. I would think I would be a nusiance being there. It was also odd because observing both my father and my mother, they seemed to almost do the same thing."

The smile perked up a bit. "My mother would throw extravagant parties and let me sit behind the silk screens to observe and listen to what was going on. People always talk while being fed and given drink. I do not believe any of the people that she entertained ever knew she even had a daughter. I think a handful of people even knew I existed and perhaps I am just paranoid, but the feelings still grip me. The fear for my life, not the fear of what would happen to me now that my mother died. I was forced to pack and leave my home immediately to be kept safe in case of my mother's demise. I never had a chance to even understand what she did, what she was."

Slender fingertips rubbed her temples, "I hope to someday meet my father again, but he has probably forgotten about me and even re-wed. I would think if he was a powerful man he would have come for me, taken me away and kept me safe. I have not heard from him since I was taken away. I even tried to write a couple of times and nothing was returned. I do not know if my mother intercepted my letters or he did not care to answer back."

It was the most she had ever really spoken about her family. Her mind like a jigsaw puzzle trying to piece together a little girl's observations. "I guess I should have learned how to snoop a bit more efficiently." She said off-handly with a sheepish smile.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Syra

Post by Syra »

Alexandrya kept going with her story. It reminded Jonah a lot of the catharsis Raydon had gone through after the scout had found him trying to burn his religious regalia. Every time he'd said something, Ray had taken it and told him more about his life as a Dominican priest. It was a wonder the man had not committed suicide, with the horrible history he was carrying. Clearly his mind was a strong one.

And so she has to be as well. Come on, girl, you can do it.

He smiled. "See? Not an accident at all. Your mom protected you, little one. In his own way I believe your father did as well."

Netherbats, what IS it with Achadhiel women? Do all their fathers disappear? He was uncomfortably reminded of Elaine's unknown father.

"Parents do that, keeping information without ever understanding that explanations might save your life instead." The man continued, sitting down next to Alexandrya on the couch. "You have a right to exist, missy. You are quite the lady yourself, alright? And although you might want to learn to keep your teeth to yourself, I think you're doing fine in building a life for yourself."

He grinned and pulled her in for a friendly hug if she allowed it. "If you want to find your father, we'll give it a shot. Up to you. But you're not going to throw away your life over it, hm? You got something good going here. Solange is gonna be very upset if she has to loose you."

As would I.

"They protected you and you trusted them in that. Doesn't sound like such a bad deal to me." His voice went from teasing to soft. "Now learn to trust yourself. You're not alone. Trust your instincts. And when in doubt, talk. Yea? You're worth a lot more than an in-between bloody marriage proposal for some idiot's benefit."

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The achadhiel leaned against Jonah, resting her head on his shoulder. A soft giggle escaped at Jonah's comment of her teeth. "I never bit you that hard. I believe you are growing soft in your old age, old man." Her eyes sparkled with mischief.

When Jonah hugged her she melted and she hugged him back, a small smile on her lips as she snuggled against him. Only Solange? A soft voice asked inwardly but wasn't voiced. "I think I will find my father in due time. Right now, we have other things to worry about, like this parade...preparations have been absolutely insane. I do hope we have almost everything ready in time, and the weather isn't as unpleasant as it is today. Have you felt something odd happening within the city lately?" She asked wondering if Jonah was open to what might have been going on.

Alexandrya always hesitated about what she had went through with Callara and Motley. It was not that Jonah would not understand, it was more to protect him as well as trying to fully understand it herself. She knew that she could trust Jonah, and that he would be discreet and help however he could, but until she had more information, how could she really explain what might have really happened on the beach? Oh yes, by the way, I talked to the spirit of the Mer, she is not happy that we neglect her and the only way to appease her is a sacrifice. That reminded her that she needed to speak to Motley about all of these ongoings. He would be interested in what the Spirit of the Mer had said, or hoped he would be able to make more sense of it.

"With finding my father as well as why my mother was murdered, I think I will be pretty busy to not get too entangled with a marriage that was for 'convenience' and my 'protection'." She frowned, "I think Carmelo was using the whole exodus to Pax to push in the screws to accept his proposal."

She shook her head, and shrugged her shoulders. "Enough of that. I do not want to speak of it anymore. You have been so busy these days even at dinner. Is everything all right and can I help you with anything?"
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Syra

Post by Syra »

"Old man?" Two eyebrows shot up. He was on the verge of explaining how the girl had managed to bite in the exact shoulder that got mauled by some falling beams, but decided that objecting would just make him sound like a big wuss.

The comment did spark another worry, though.

It's true. Compared to her I'm an old man. I'll be dead by the time she reaches her prime. How does that work with Achadhiel anyway? Should ask Elaine. Bah, no use worrying about things that aren't happening anyway.

Much to his amazement the girl switched over to the order of the day. Either she was trying to hide her emotions again or she actually wanted to get on with it. Jonah was going to find out.

"Something odd? Heh, if you mean red storms, people going completely homocidal on each other and forgetting afterwards? Or did you mean that insane shower this morning? Oh yes, I noticed. Haven't been spending my time outside for nothing. No clouds generally means no rain, unless something else is going on...like water spirits sleeping on the beach."

He poked her playfully, pointing back to the insane accusation the villagers had made.

Eat that, missy. You know what's going on. And you're going to tell me.

"And I think you're right. Carmelo had a nice plan and you fitted in. Not entirely sure how, but it's clear enough from the pattern. As for me being busy, you mean to say you had nothing to do, hm?"

He looked at her, wondering if she was going to say anything else or if he'd have to draw it out again. "As for my business, I've just been working on a few contacts to keep an eye on Toni. And a few here and there to make sure we don't get any unwanted visitors. Nothing to worry about. Just keep an eye and an ear out, even if you think it's only a hunch you're following, okay?"

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The bridge of her nose crinkled at the mention of water spirits sleeping on the beach. Then she couldn't help but giggle as Jonah poked her playfully.

A soft nod and a deep sigh, Alexandrya did not know where to begin. "It all started when I got this horrible headache. It started to rain and people seemed to be warring in the streets when I left the house..."

She progressed through what she could remember up to the point when Jonah found her. Then it came to the recent.

"Motley and Callara got into a fight of sorts, and I am not entirely sure what is going to happen. I am worried that this is going to end badly and well I decided to see if I could get in contact with someone." Her frown deepened and she looked at Jonah's face to see if she could read anything from his expression. Hoping there was no sign of disbelief, and it is possible that it will get stranger, and she had a feeling Jonah would be able to help, even if it is to reassure her that everything will be all right.

"As for the rain, I do not believe that was me. I mean, I had a voice in my head, who basically told me that she was upset with Roque whom she believed did not love and respect her enough. We had stopped our sacrifices, and then one day long ago, a child had fallen into the Mer, and was returned because the price was too great."

Slender fingertips rubbed her temples, "It does not make any sense, but then the voice said that all of Roque should drown." Then she repeated the words that kept resounding in her mind, "Maybe there should be storms again to remind the people--then it rained."

Another sigh, and sadness sunk in, "I do not know what I have done or what I can do, but perhaps this might have something to do with Roque's past? You ever hear of any of these incidents, or any past religions that worshipped the Mer?"
Last edited by Alexandrya L`handriel on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Jonah listened, puzzling the pieces together from their last day together before the red storm hit the town. It explained a lot of her strange moods that day and in a way that was reassuring.

At least it does not mean I scared the living daylights out of her. Heh. Elaine would be so proud.

Yet the recent developments were quite enough to wrinkle his forehead. "Callara, hm? I think I met her once when we stumbled upon the funeral. If this is meant to end up in another big explosion, then all we can do is try and contain the damage."

He got up again and paced through the room. "I have no knowledge of magics. Don't have a clue about all the unseen. I know how to keep the mind occupied, heh. But that's it. So if you say you talked to the spirit of the Mer, then I will believe you. The stories are old. They have been repeated a lot. Everyone knows about the Mer. Some say it's a mermaid. Others call her a spirit. There are some who say the entire Mer is a being in itself....herself....well, you know what I mean."

He stopped for a moment and looked at Alexandrya. "The storms should return? I don't like that. I don't like it at all. Roque is the harbour it is due to it's calmth. If a real storm hits the town I don't want to know what will happen with the upper city on the cliffs...No, that's not good at all. Sacrifices? I know the villagers used to go out to offer the Mer part of their bounty. No idea if they still do. We collected quite a few stories for the Fowls when they just started. But worshipping? No, that's only the parrot story."

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

At the mention of a big explosion, Alexandrya hoped it was not a literal explosion but just a figure of speech. She watched him as he got up and started to pace, it seemed to happen a lot when he was thinking things out, recalling each memory with each step.

It did help that he believed her despite how farfetched it might sound to others. Granted she was mistaken for a water spirit moments ago. "I think if it's one mermaid, or a spirit, it might not be so bad, but the entire Mer...a goddess of sorts? How complicated with the Oneist to believe..." She fidgeted a bit uncomfortably with the thought of being burned at the stake or something just as permanent and painful. Then she shuddered as she shrugged off the thoughts especially as Jonah looked at her. Her own eyes met his.

"I agree. Do you think there might be some sort of way we could find out historians that might know more about Roque's past?" Her forehead crinkled in a frown as she tried to recall the parrot story. It was something that she did recall bits and pieces of but... "Jonah, could you tell me the parrot story again please?"

"Maybe a library's history section might help but probably not or maybe some of Roque's loons? Of course, I think if most knew, I would be considered the town loon. Even if we warned people, no one would believe us, in fact, I have a feeling that they will either think I am a harmful 'spirit' or even the cause of what is to come. Unless I am going crazy but stranger things have happened..." Her voice trailed off as she again tried to figure out what Jonah was thinking.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Jonah realized he was pacing again and grinned, shaking his head. "Old habits." He mumbled and sat down next to Alexandrya again. "Why not a goddess of sorts? There's plenty of things that have a soul despite others disbelieving. I mean, every idea can get enough power to live a life of it's own if enough people believe. We've seen it happening. The red storm." He frowned, remembering the intense agitation, the frustration and anger being awakened and somehow sucked out again.

His brown eyes darkened for a moment as he looked down. Too many people had gone down in that instant. Too many they had not been able to reach in time.

And some that we did get out.

The former scout was momentarily thrown back into the smells and shouts of that horrid day before Alex' words registered. He looked up and blinked his eyes. "Hm? Yeah, the parrot story...something about a blue parrot protecting the city. They had this yearly ceremony for good luck, but there was a noble who wanted to kidnap the parrot and exchanged it for a painted one. One girl noticed and when it started to rain and the fake parrot lost his colour, the girl interfered to make sure the real parrot did not get hurt. Unfortunately in the fight the noble took her down the cliffs with him and they both died."

Jonah knew he was not exactly giving her the elaborate version, but somehow the love for flowering words had left him for the moment. "THe parrot disappeared, yet they say there was still something protecting the city. Some called it the parrot, others called it the spirit of the girl who'd died. Whatever the case, there's some strange stories, of which one where a boy was caught in a burning house and had to jump down. He should have died, but he did not have a scratch from the fall. He claims to have been saved by a spirit. And then there's of course the epilogue in which two quarreling neighbours finally decided to open the disputed barn together and found a blue parrot inside, which flew off, never to be seen again."

The man looked at Alexandrya. "It's a typical legend, really fitting for a city such as this. But now we're talking symbols coming alive, girl. The Mer talked to you. So it's more than a superstition. The parade is tomorrow. Coincidence? I don't believe in that anymore. What the nether is going on..."

He looked straight into her eyes.

Oh man, those eyes. Shoulda kissed her when I had the chance.
Heh, and get punched again.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Greed...pain...why do people continue to perpetuate the cycle? She listened to Jonah retell the story which did sound familiar. Even though it was the abbreviated version, it did cause her to find some eerie similiarities of what the Mer had told her. "A child that was taken down the cliffs and had died...perhaps thrown, or fallen off the cliff, into the Mer?" She shuddered. "Jonah this is making my skin crawl. For the sake of discussion, the 'Mer' said that the gift of the child was too much and was returned back. I do not know exactly in what condition but what if the child was not harmed and still lives? Or...the Mer's words made it sound like the child was returned. It is all very eerie that this legend is being woven together with your words as well as what I remember the Mer telling me. I have no idea, but I hope it does not end in more pain."

Jonah caught her eyes and she wondered what he was thinking. Alexandrya felt that something had changed about whatever Jonah was thinking and wondered again what was on his mind. "Jonah...?" Her head tilted slightly as he continued to stare into her eyes and a blush started to creep up as she got a little more self-conscious. Then she covered her face, "Do I have something on my face? I swear you have not blinked for a full minute."

Without uncovering her face, she continued to speak, "Do you know who this legendary noble family is, if the story ever included one? It is probably the most cursed family in Roque, but I would not know why they would stay, if it all is indeed true." Her fingers parted to see if Jonah was still staring at her making a sort of mask to hide her face but to still see what is going on around her.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Alexandrya pointed out the similiarities. Jonah felt a chill creep up his spine. "It was returned, eh? Whew, so we got a full fledged ghost story going on here?" It was becoming harder and harder to keep his mind woven around all the aetheric subjects. For a man who relied on visible signs and audible clues he was quickly running out of options.

He tried his favourite -and hopefully convincing- grin. "Well, if it's any consolation, at least that means you know the Mer is really talking...It fits the rest. You just got yourself a blind test and the Mer passed it. So no more worries about going crazy or not being able to prove anything, eh?"

It was a gamble, one he took from the conversations with his cousin. She'd frequently remarked being very afraid of going insane because of all the extra information slipping into her head. Yet if he was right, it was something Alex needed to hear out loud before she started to internalize that fear.

Ah, so now you're turning into a scout of the mind...geez, man, stick to your trade!

Suddenly Alex covered her face, leaving the former scout to blink his eyes for a flicker or two before he realized that he'd been staring. He laughed. "Well if you'd have looked right now, dear, you'd have seen me blink alright. Come on now, don't hide. We're past that, aren't we?

Again he found himself in front of the woman. "And no, the story does not name names. I don't think anyone would like to have their name attached to this story, so I want to bet that if it actually happened, they erased all memory of it."

Jonah carefully lowered her hands. He smiled, looking directly into her eyes.

"There, much better."

Somehow his arms were feeling numb, his entire system at the ready to react if another slap was to follow.
Last edited by Syra on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

In all honesty, Alexandrya wondered if it was a consolation that the legend and the Mer really was reality. It was certain it kept her out of the loony bin but at the same time if all of this was true, it might just land her in the loony bin for trying to save these people. Who know believe them, she doubted even Jonah could not grasp the entirety of what was going on.

The young achadhiel looked up at Jonah as he lowered her hands from her face. Then he smiled and again she forgot to breathe. How could one say, do not smile like that you are making my knees weak? His voice sounded like a soft purr and she felt warmer as if the world was moving slowly again as her heart beat quickened. Are you daft girl? Important business and you want this man to kiss you...as if he wanted to return the favor. Pull your head out of the ground.

"What of historians? Do you think they would be of any assistance?" She spoke to break the spell she felt for him anytime he touched her, and looked into her eyes. "We should eat and finish up with our plans for the parade before Solange has both of our heads." Alexandrya held onto her hands to stop the slight trembling hoping that Jonah did not notice that all she wanted to do was lean in closer and kiss him. If she started she would start daydreaming of it, and gods if she actually closed her eyes and leaned in to kiss him, he may think her too forward and push her away, or worst yet endure it until it was over and politely but awkwardly excusing one's self. No, she would not let that happen.

A soft exhale and a smile to settle her nerves. "Plus you have not eaten, I should give lunch another go if you are brave enough!"
Syra

Post by Syra »

Soft hands.
Wonder if she's so soft everywhere.

Mmm...cold shower. Yah.

For a little while the girl said nothing, just looked at him. He could not help but reach out and stroke her cheek, a half-grin still on his face. Only then did he get up to resume his pacing. There was something about moving and thinking that just worked together naturally.

"Historians. Might be useful. Not sure what Solange wants for the parade though. I've been...out of touch with the Fowls. But what exactly are you after? Completion of the story? Appeasing the Mer?" There was another short silence before his eyes fell on Alexandrya trying to hide her hands.

Trembling?

The man frowned. "Food seems like an excellent idea, but are you sure you're alright? You're shivering."

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Historians...check... It was as if Jonah knew exactly how to mix up her emotions, and he did it at moments that caused her to weaken even more, but then he would walk away. He would walk away and get back on task. She held in another sigh and bite her lower lip.

"I feel that there is going to be a great danger...far worse than what we had experienced with..."

Those large grey eyes met Jonah's face and saw a frown of concern and she blushed, "I am quite all right. Just nervous of the parade I suppose and a bit frightened about what is brewing that we have still yet to uncover."

She bounced upwards and grinned, "Okay, food!" Preparing herself with the knowledge that Jonah had bestowed on her awhile back. It was a simple procedure and she hoped she would not mess it up, or at least have Jonah there to watch her back.

"After lunch, we should find Solange, she is probably up in the rafters and will send out someone to come looking for me. I need to help with finishing touches with some of the costumes, and other such things."

She risked a look away from her meal preparation for Jonah's handsome face as she asked, "Will you come with me or will you have other pressing business to attend to?" Not really knowing if he would go or not but keeping some hope that she will be with maybe for the rest of the tradetide or even into the eveningtide.
Last edited by Alexandrya L`handriel on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Just nervous and a bit frightened. Yeah right, pull the other one. Jonah frowned. You're not letting on to half of your thoughts, missy, still aren't. Haven't got the right to go there.

He took a deep breath and released it in what he hoped to be a controlled and calm manner. "A great danger, eh? I'd say we faced a little bit of that already. But if you say it's gonna get worse, we better get the reinforcements in, eh? No use going head on when you know that's not going to cut it."

The sudden food-interlude was a good one to break the tension, yet the former scout could not help but keep watching her moving around. He had to keep himself in check, or he'd have put his arms around her again, just to tell her things would be alright.

But hey, that's something we can't know. So it would be stupid. Ain't the type to just go for random soothing. She's too smart for that.

"Solange knows where you are." He ventured. "She knows this address at least. So don't worry there. If they need you, you'll find out. Right now you need to get a little peace of mind. And I got some time. I could come."

He watched her work her way through the eggs and bread and could not help but grin, remembering their first cooking session. "Need any help?" The grin grew into a full grown smile.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The achadhiel's own face glowed with a smile, "Not at all!" And would have playfully slapped his hands away if he tried to commandeer the pan away. "Besides it is almost done."

Should I tell him of Callara? What she had done?

"I assure you it will be grand, and perhaps I will also learn how to bake and become a baker if my trade as an actress or seamstress does not pay off." Her eyes twinkled with mirth. The thoughts of the parade was exciting and she had no idea what was in store. Go with the flow... What an odd statement but she could understand its meaning when it was said.

"Well I cannot wait for Solange to summon me, if it comes to that, poor ma'am's head will be spinning off her head. You know not to push her when she has a magnitude of checklists in her mind." Alexandrya stated quite solemnly.

"All today and tomorrow morning shall be dedicated to the Parrot Parade." She said happily as she readied herself to serve brunch. "Have you ever gone to one yourself Jonah? Do you recall what happened at the last one?"
Syra

Post by Syra »

Jonah's hands were slapped away and he grinned. "Easy now, easy...don't want to have me distract you, now would you? Watch the pan." He kept his tone lightly teasing.

"Of course it will be grand. And somehow I don't believe you'd be a baker. If I'm already being such a pest, how would you handle a horde of kids running around trying to steal your pastries when you're not looking?" It was a familiar sight of course, the bakers in the Bazaar trying to shelter their goods from the many stray kids that wondered around.

"But let me show you that particular sight tomorrow. You'll see." He promised, feigning a movement to the right, then quickly moving over to the left and stealing a piece of the egg. It brought him in direct proximity of the young woman and he was very much aware of how her sweet scent won over from her cooking.

"Hmm, not bad." Quickly the man chewed it down. It was indeed not bad, but if it had been burned, he still would not have noticed right now. "And you got Solange figured out already, I hear. Good. She's as nice as a kitten, but don't mess with her checklists or you'll be facing a rabid dog." it was tempting to try another feint at Alexandrya's cooking, but as she was almost done, Jonah thought the better of it and waited for the meal to be actually served.

"Hmm, let's see." He rubbed his hands together. "Last yahren there was this boy carryign the parrot and he could not stop grinning. Yet he wouldn't let go of the parrot. Heh. That was funny. They had to bribe him with sweets or the parade would still be ongoing! Other than that? Lots of merriment, people in a good mood, good sales, good plays. It's generally a pleasant day. Even pickpockets ease down on parading day. Weird, of course, seeing how much they could get from it."

Jonah regarded the table and nodded in satisfaction. He got up from his chair again and planted a kiss on her head if she allowed it. "Wonderful. Thank you. I'll return the favour soon." His hands already itched, and not just to grab the girl. It was a fact that he was not very good at giving up control in any situation and to have someone else cook for him besides his mother was just...weird.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Alexandrya gasped a little as she was drawn into Jonah's teasing and her eyes went back on the task at hand.

"I think you are right, instead of them stealing my pastries, I would end up giving them out for free, which would lead to my financial downfall. Of course, I could always just charge you more for the pastries I give away to the children of the street." A saucy grin caused a twinkle in her eyes.

As Jonah distracted her long enough for a piece of egg... "Jonah!" ...and before she could stop him, he had already chewed the egg down. "Rascal, you would be worse than the street children taking away my pastries."

As the table was set and the food was ready to be consumed, Jonah kisses the top of her head, and her body warmed from head to toe. It was unexpected and sweet which caused her to once again lean into him. Would it be inappropriate for you to hold me? Luckily, she had enough sense not to say that out loud and managed a grin. "Sit. Eat. Praise! Admit I have gotten quite good with this one particular cuisine."

A giggle escaped the girl as she studied Jonah's reaction but would not start eating until he had.
Syra

Post by Syra »

As soon as Alexandrya leaned into the kiss Jonah put an arm around her and pulled her close. No way he was going to pass up on a clear invitation after all. There was no time for anything but a firm hug as she already invited him to sit down.

The former scout let go with a grin. "Rascal, hm? Well, I gues it beats a lot of other names."

He enjoyed the simple lunch and his lovely company and made sure to stretch it for the flickers he could get. His eyes moved from his food to the girl on a regular basis, taking in the glow of her hair, the shine in her eyes and the smile on her face.

Hey, food for the mind is as important as food for the stomach! He defended himself silently. Yet all things come to an end and here too he had to admit defeat at some point where his plate was simply empty.

"Well then. All done. Let's go find Solange and make sure you got all the bits and pieces you need for the preparations, hm?" He suggested.

ooc
If there is anything you still want to do in this thread, let me know. If not: feel free to go fudging and move on to the parrot parade :) If you'd rahter skip on that thread, you are free to open a new one on the 27th.
Enjoy!

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Jonah's affectionate hug made the aspiring actress to blush from head to toe but before she could say no, keeping hugging me, the scout had listened to her suggestion about sitting down.

She was still in a sort of daze as they sat for a good brunch. Not too bad...

As they both finished up their food, she stood up and placed everything in the sink with a rinse and dry and put the plates away. There were only three items as well as the utensils, "All right. That is a great idea. I hope we do not find Solange in the rafters." The image put a smile on her face as she followed Jonah out to go find the head of the Fowls.
Syra

Post by Syra »

ooc
The end.
Awwwwh :)

[/size]
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

locked! skilled! archived!
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt Archive”