KC: Headmaster's Office (Chyril 27,TT) (Tyrone)

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

KC: Headmaster's Office (Chyril 27,TT) (Tyrone)

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

(OOC: continued from here)

The secretary looked with distaste at the figurine that Tyrone placed on her desk. “Well, if it is church business,” she muttered. After a short hesitation she picked up the figurine and following a brief knock on the rear door she vanished into the headmaster’s study. She returned half a burn later with a flushed look on her face.

“The headmaster will see you now.”

If Tyrone entered the study, he would find Skuttles standing behind a large oak desk. On the desk were several piles of neatly arranged parchments, books and papers. A small bookcase stood behind the desk, whilst a stand containing a number of long wooden canes stood prominently within reach of the desk. The figurine stood on the desk.

“Sit,” the hawk-faced man hissed in a curiously sibilant voice, pointing to a small chair that stood before his desk.

“What business have you with me?” The headmaster scowled as he spoke.
Last edited by Guido Cercatoro on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

"I thought so," Tyrone hissed as he stared coldly in pure satisfaction at the flushed face of the secretary. "A note of advice, sister, for your great service to the Church," He continued as he glanced down at the woman with an arched, fanatic look. "It is not a woman's place to disapprove or approve of anyone. For your soul's sake, I pray that next we meet, you do your duty with most care and behave in a manner most seemly that is most fitting for a lowly woman such as yourself. I shall pray to the One God for your lowly soul and that He may forgive your transgressions. Be with Dominicus, sister." With that, he moved forward, his robe rustling and billowing behind him and entered the room of the College's Headmaster.

"Dominicus be with you, Learned Headmaster." The Jackal intoned ceremoniusly as he entered and nodded politely to the standing hawk-faced man. With a single glance, the young dark achadhiel noted the whole expanse of the room and approved of what he was seeing. With another grave nod, he stepped forward with a rustle of his monk's robe and seated himself at the chair placed in front of the desk.

"A church business, Learned Master." The young monk of the Purificatio replied gravely as he lifted his hand to gently touch the amulet of the One he wore and curiously looked at the face of the headmaster, trying to remember if he was the actual person he had met last night when he was waiting for an audience with the Bishop Lazos. "We met briefly last night, didn't we, Learned Master?" He continued after a few flickers of silence. "Forgive me for my assumptions, but our brief encounter was most..." The Jackal broke off, trying to look for the appropriate word. "...unforgettable." He remembered once more the feeling he had last night when he had met the headmaster and slightly shuddered despite the warmthness of the room.

"Forgive me for my lack of manners, Learned Master, for barging in on you without an appointment. I pray that you are not offended last night when the Holy Bishop attended to me before you knowing that you had an official engagement with him." He gave the Headmaster a small, grave smile. "My name is Brother Tyrone, Learned Master, a postulant monk of the Order of the Purificatio from the Diocese of Prodesse." He took a brief glance at the small, onyx figurine of a Jackal standing silently between them. Tyrone frowned once more, his gray eyes glistened fanatically as he tried to remember the warning of the apostate poet he had met yesterday at the tavern.

"I pray that we most be discreet with this, Learned Master." He whispered as he turned his head over his shoulder and focused briefly at the door, unsure if anyone would be listening. "I recently just arrived here, Learned Master and gleaned that there are troubles brewing within the very walls of the Holy Church." The Jackal paused for a few flickers. "As a servant of the One Church and a postulant monk of the Purificatio, it is my holy duty to look upon it. As for now, I am currently investigating and trying to look for more information and the One Church is here, Learned Master, to seek your aid."

"Your... School is much famous for knowing everything, is it not, Learned Master?" The Jackal asked the Headmaster, his gray eyes penetrating and shining with holy zeal.

ooc: I believe we may need to change the date, Guido. :p Chy 27 TT would be most current. :p
Last edited by Tyrone on Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Avatar from:[url=http://artofphilwohr.blogspot.com/2007/08/redmist-castle-work.html]Phil Wohr[/url]
[hr][/hr]
[i][b]"Hate thy neighbours for they hate you even more."[/i][/b]
[hr][/hr]
Posting: Once/week[/size]
Guido Cercatoro

The headmaster arched one eyebrow as Tyrone indicated that he was on church business and noted their previous meeting.

“Yes, I do recall that you were rushed in to see the Bishop before my appointment. You must have been on urgent business.” It was clear that Skuttles took a dim view of his treatment. “How did you find the Bishop? Well, I trust?”

“Troubles within the church,” echoed the pale skinned man, slowly. “What are these troubles you speak of? Tell me more and I may be able to assist you if you are on official business. I take it that Bishop Lazos has sent you here?”

“Even I would not claim to know everything,” continued the headmaster, sitting upright in his seat, almost as if he was a vulture having sighted his prey. “Only the One knows all there is to know and what he chooses to tell us, is in his hands. Yet, we have a certain expertise in the college which can be useful. We are ever ready to serve the church.”
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

He nodded slightly and pleasantly arched both his eyebrows as he smiled a small smile of approval at the headmaster. "Truly, the One is omniscient. In His wisdom we are humbled, in His light we thrive." He mouthed a small antiphon from the Horologion, a small prayer book of psalms, canticles, verses and antiphons used by the monks and priests of Dominicus for the liturgical hours. "I am not surprised that you are well versed with the cathechism and doctrines of the Holy Church, Learned Master." Tyrone nodded once more at Skuttles, his approval of the headmaster was greatly improving by the mere flicker.

"The Bishop Lazos is most troubled." The young postulant monk merely replied. "Our meeting was most..." He paused, unsure of how to say it. "...perplexing." As perplexing as our first meeting, Headmaster. He thought silently within the depths of his mind, still unsettled by their first meeting yet somewhat curious of it.

"There is a crisis within the Holy Church, Learned Master. With the death of King Balthazar, the faith of the congregation are somewhat waning and some are even turning away from the grace and light of the One. The Order of the Purificatio, ever holy and vigilant, sent me to help the Church and I am here as an Acolyte of the Order of the Purificatio to investigate how this is happening within the very midst of the Holy Church." The Jackal uttered formally, his voice low and grave, skirting around if the Bishop had indeed sent him. Well, technically, he was on an official church business, he had taken a vow to protect the church when he wore the habit of an Acolyte Monk of the Purificatio.

"I have heard of rumours that there is a Cult rising within the very midst of the Mother Church, Learned Master. They appear pious and faithful to the One Chucrhc but this cult is trying to raise something which is an abomination." The dark achadhiel muttered with an angry growl, his grey eyes shining with holy fanatic zeal. "Such abomination must be stopped and I am here to investigate and put a stop to such atrocity." Slowly, he closed his eyes and calmed his breathing, but the thought of such transgession against the Holy One was flaming his anger once anew and it took him more than a burn to compose himself.

"That is why the church is here, Learned Master," The Jackal continued after he had calmed down, his gray eyes penetratingly looking and scrutinizing the face of headmaster. "The church is asking for your help if your learned institution have heard of such atrocious rumour and perhaps, aid Him in His dire need. The Holy Church..." He trailed off as he regarded once more the pale-skined, hawk-faced human. "... Also the Diocese of Prodesse and more importantly, the Order of Purificatio would be more than glad for such... an offer of assistance."
Last edited by Tyrone on Mon May 05, 2008 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Avatar from:[url=http://artofphilwohr.blogspot.com/2007/08/redmist-castle-work.html]Phil Wohr[/url]
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
Guido Cercatoro

The headmaster nodded vigorously as Tyrone outlined his picture of a crisis within the church.

“I concur with your view and that of the Purificatio,” the headmaster said eagerly. “Since the death of Balthasar, there has been a void in the city and the influence of the church has waned. It can only be restored, in my view, with the coming to the throne of a true avatar. And for this to happen we need Bishop Lazos to take a strong lead, for he is, I believe, largely of the same view. We are well rid of Delos.”

"I have heard of rumours that there is a Cult rising within the very midst of the Mother Church, Learned Master. They appear pious and faithful to the One Church but this cult is trying to raise something which is an abomination."

“Cult, you say?” The headmaster frowned, almost appearing nervous for a flicker before his stony countenance returned and his deep-set eyes fixed themselves on Tyrone. “Tell me what you know about this….cult… and I will see if it stirs any memories.”

As the hawk-faced man spoke, Tyrone began to feel the same familiar sensation that he had felt within his mind when he had first met the headmaster. Once again, it was most intrusive as if he was being laid bare to the thin man. It was distinctly unpleasant.
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

Delos? The Jackal frowned as he closely studied the headmaster. He had heard of him from the Bishop Lazos' secretary and remembered that he had disappeared. There were also rumours that the King was not the true avatar and Tyrone thought it merely as a rumour. He was completely devout and when the King was alive, he had thought him as a the true avatar, the true representation of Dominicus' Holiness, but now, he wasn't sure, he had not heard of any news from the Diocese of Prodesse since World Mouth had separated from the Western Kingdom. Wasn't the Avatar of the One supposed to be handed down from one generation to generation from the royal family of King's Court? It was the mandate of the One that the Avatar should come from the line of the anointed one, the first king and Avatar of Dominicus and to disobey it would thus be a sin against Him. Perhaps, this was the punishment of the Holy One and that a true avatar should be found. He mentally shook his head, this was something beyond him, he needed guidance from his abbots and the lack of communication from the Diocese of Prodesse was certainly making him nervous.

Bishop Lazos to take a strong lead? Against what? Tyrone asked within the silence of his mind and then suddenly realized that the College of Bishops were divided against the notion of the Avatar of the One. He wasn't sure when the next Council of Bishops would take place, but the young postulant monk of the Inquisition certainly knew that it would be a very noisy conference without the Avatar of the One presiding. Politics! The Jackal silently spat out. Even in the church there's politics! If there would be a next Avatar of the One, the Jackal prayed that it should be through the hands of Dominicus and not through politics.

But what of the headmaster? He turned his attention back to the hawk-pale-faced human. The Jackal had noticed his slight apprehension when he had mentioned a cult. Perhaps, going here and seeking his aid was a bad idea, Tyrone frowned. Though he knows a lot of things going on around the Church of the One, perhaps, he knows more than he is letting on... He penetratingly looked at the eyes of the Headmaster but not knowing it was a wretched, wretched mistake.

The headmaster's eyes held him transfixed as he lost within those black pupils, the orbs growing and growing before him, seemingly engulfing and swallowing him whole until he fell into those inky-black well, into the dark abyss of nothingness, screaming silently. Tyrone didn't know how long he fell, it felt eternal and he was screaming through that expanse of perpetuality, visions of his life flashing before his eyes and he completely saw what had transpired between himself and the Apostate Jaxomen back in the Dragons' Den, how the apostate had warned him about the Rising Cult and the Keeper of the Codex...

...But, as suddenly as the feeling came, it disappeared and the Jackal found himself before the headmaster once more, drenched in cold sweat , breathing hard and firmly clutching the sides of his chair until the knuckles of his hands had turned white. "You did something to me," the Jackal snarled sibilantly as he stood up, accidentaly pushing the chair behind him as it fell with a loud thud, unsure of what to do and felt violated and curious at the same time.
Last edited by Tyrone on Sat May 10, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
Guido Cercatoro

Tyrone’s outburst, together with the sound of the falling chair, clearly startled the headmaster, for he jerked suddenly in his seat and appeared confused for a few flickers before regaining his composure. Almost instantly, the intrusive and unpleasant sensation vanished from the Jackal’s mind.

A thin-lipped smile emerged from the pale-faced headmaster. “Some do feel a little disconcerted in my presence. However, I can assure you that I have done you no harm.” It was evident that the man had no intention of elaborating on whatever powers he might have.

“Take a seat and tell me what you know of this cult.” He spoke now in a cold and emotionless voice, his momentary discomfort long gone.
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

Tyrone had no idea what to do as he hesitantly stood before the headmaster, trembling lightly, still shaking and pale from the unpleasant intrusion he had felt earlier. What was it? He thought with curiosity, unsure if he should continue with the Headmaster or just leave the school and seek guidance from his abbots, but it would take long, he knew that and he wasn't certain as well of what's happening with the Diocese of Prodesse. There was nothing to do but to obey his sacred duty to protect the Church.

He wasn't hurt, that much was certain, the Jackal thought as he looked over himself, checking if he was still complete and silently recited the Dominicum Canticle to check if his thoughts and memory were still intact and pleased that he could still use his mental faculty.

"The church does not condone such pagan witchcraft, Headmaster." The Jackal threatened, knowing that he was on the right ecclesiastical law and by church law, he could put the headmaster in trial or burn him at the stake right then and there. Well, technically, they don't. The monk of the Purifucatio mused silently, frowning down at the Headmaster. "The One Church states that all powers are a gift of Dominicus and should be used to further His cause..." He trailed off, his eyes looking penetratingly at the Headmaster and if he denied it, then by Church law, and as the Jackal of the Purificatio, he would quickly deal with this Nether creature instantly.

He couldn't continue until this was settled and he stood before the headmaster like an avenging angel of death, ready to kill for the church of the One, ready to purge Tazlure of pagans, warlocks, witches, heretics, nether creatures and harlots.
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
Guido Cercatoro

The headmaster’s face twisted in fury as Tyrone implicitly accused the man of paganism.

“I am devout follower of the One,” he said coldly, standing and peering down on the Jackal. A breeze from the nearby window ruffled the head’s gown and it fluttered behind him, like the wings of some malevolent bird of prey. “Few are as devout as I, and all my abilities serve him. What I am, I have been made by the One. What I do is in his name. What I write is in his honour. Can you say the same? Perhaps your outburst suggests that you seek to question his wisdom and his gifts. Perhaps it is you who are tainted by paganism.” The headmaster turned the accusation back at Tyrone.

“You babble about this cult and yet say nothing of importance. My time is valuable. Say what you have come to say. If I can assist the Church, I will do so.” Skuttles walked over to the stand of canes, retrieved a vicious looking rod and began swishing it in the air as if it helped to relieve his tension.
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

The Jackal wasn't daunted by the Headmaster's outburst, in truth, his respect and approval for the hawk-faced man increased a hundred-fold, certain that the human before him was devout, just as he was deeply devouted, and that the Headmaster would be a great ally for the Church of the One.

"Your words become you, Learned Headmaster." Tyrone replied after a few flickers of stunted silence, leveling his eyes equally at the him. "I will not apologize this time for my behavior, in these dark times, one must be sure for danger lurks within our Holy Mother church."

With another small nod, the dark achadhiel gracefully righted the chair and slowly sat down and waited for the Headmaster to calm down and take his seat before continuing.

"Yesterday..." He began, his eyes distant and unreadable yet they glimmered zealously with fanatic purpose. "I was visited by an angel of the Lord and a geas he laid unto me, 'seek ye the Holy Bishop Lazos and the poet that lurks in the Den of the Dragon.' I did as the Angel of the Lord commanded me." Tyrone paused as he told his version of the story, his view of what had happened yesterday. "Post-hastily, I went to the tavern named Dragon's Den, unseemly as it was, I steeled myself to enter such scandalous edifice and within, an apostate poet named Jaxomen tested my faith and unable to trick me, he then warned me of the rising cult of the one. Qoute he, 'Beware the Cult of the One! They fester under the noses of the worshipers of One, yet they are not of Dominicus. They seek something far older. When they find the One, then the many will be driven out and everything will change. Seek out the keepers of the Codex!' I know not what it pertains, I know not even if the apostate's words were truthful or a mere trick, but I cannot show indifference to the warning, thus, I came here, Learned Headmaster, seeking your aid."

He then frowned, unsure if he should tell the Headmaster more, of what he had learned this morning about the Sign of the Jackal of which Sister Caranosa had mentioned. Perhaps, that information would just be for himself, no need for the human to learn about it. "This morning," The Jackal continued once more, his voice low and unsure, "I have learned from a Sister of the Hall of Records that Jaxomen was an Apostate Archbishop who lived two hundred yahrens ago. This is troubling, Learned Headmaster, perhaps, you can give me light to such..." He trailed off, not sure of what to name such occurence.
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
Guido Cercatoro

“You are indeed blessed if you had a vision from the Lord,” muttered the headmaster, perhaps with a trace of jealousy in his voice.

“As for Jaxomen. It is true that he died over 200 yahren ago in rather mysterious circumstances. As far as I know from my knowledge of church history, he was once considered very highly within the church. Perhaps even in line to be Cardinal. However, there was a falling out with others within the church over indulgences. Jaxomen took the view that faith could not be bought with monetary donations. Others took the more pragmatic view that they were an important source of church income.”

The headmaster paused for a few flickers before choosing his next words carefully. “I know nothing of this cult of which you speak. Yet, these are troubled times, perhaps mirroring those of Jaxomen’s time. Factions and cults do have a tendency to emerge in such times. I will certainly be alert to anything that I hear about this cult.”
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

"Please do so, Learned Headmaster." Tyrone replied gravely, trying to keep his frustration at bay. He didn't learn anything new, that much was certain and he might have endangered himself by this meeting with the Headmaster. He greatly approved of the Headmaster's piousness and devoutness but the dark achadhiel couldn't seem to erase the feeling that the human was keeping something to himself, something that may be connected with the Cult of the One. There was also the manner in which the headmaster used his power that sent shivers down his spine. "The Bishop Lazos shell know of my whereabouts and he can contact me if you do learn something about this Cult."

"I thank you for your time, Learned Sir." With grave nod, the postulant monk gracefully stood up, took a last look of the Headmaster and the small onyx figurine of the Jackal seated upon the table. "There is a passage in the Book of the One about the Jackal, Learned Headmaster. Devout as you are, I am certain you know of it. Go with God, Headmaster." He muttered a small benediction and turned with a small rustle of his robe and silently went out of the room, his fanatic face set in a profound frown. He decided to leave the small figurine for the human, let it be a sign that the Jackal was now hunting his prey and beware anyone who hinders his path.

"*Will the Jackal hunt at the One's command? From his cave he seeks his prey, and he smells the wicked from afar off." Tyrone mouthed a passage from the Book of the One as he silently moved out of the Headmaster's office and into the corridors of the Bardic College. "Wheresoever the wicked shall be, he is immediately there."

*ooc: Copied loosely from the Book of Job: Chapter 29 Verse 27 "Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high? She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place. From thence she seeketh the prey, and her eyes behold afar off. Her young ones also suck up blood: and where the slain are, there is she." I think we're done with this thread.
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
Guido Cercatoro

The headmaster listened in silence as the Jackal said his parting words. As Tyrone walked through the secretary's office, he heard a few sharp cracks echo from the room that he had just left. It sounded as if Skuttles was thrashing the cane on his desk with some savagery. If he had been able to see through the wall, the achadhiel would have seen the headmaster's face alight with a mainc look of glee, as if the beating he had handed out to the furniture had satisfied some deep need...

(OOC: finished and locked for skilling)
Guido Cercatoro

Skilled and archived.

Return to “KC Archive”