Caught Between a Rock and a Hard Caesar (Chyril 25, ET)

Moderator: Mods

Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

It seemed that Keaira had gone exploring. Andolin frowned momentarily, wondering as to the wisdom of having a snooping woman in his future bedchambers.

Following the sound of the hushed whisper, Andolin moved through the open door to determine what mischief Keaira had wrought.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Keaira Morgandy »

Tigre frowned softly when she found the room unlit, rolling her eyes at Etain's words. Well, perhaps one of those glowing orbs could be coerced into entering the room. That stupid girl wasn't going to stop her.

Turning back, Tigre almost instantly caught sight of Andolin in the doorway, and the change on her face was instantaneous. Her eyebrows lifted slightly, eyes widening, all tact and intelligence leaving their impossible blue depths so that she seemed hardly any more witty than the blond. She was "Keaira" again, except not at all. Her hand -- seemingly self-consciously -- traveled to her scant robe as if to make sure it was closed. Damn, he's already here.

"Caesar," she said softly, blushing. "I wasn't expecting you."
[size=75]'All things truly wicked start from an innocence.'
-- [i]Ernest Hemingway[/i][/size]
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The thick carpets made Andolin's approach a stealthy one, the girl not getting a single hint of his approach, and through the half-opened door he caught a peek of not one but two girls in the still unfinished chamber that was to be the Caesar's bedroom in months to come. "[i]I don't know. I did not dare look, cause I did not want to upset Andi. Please, don't touch anything. Just the bow. Please?[i]" The voice was definitely familiar and a flicker later Etain's pretty blond head appeared, the state of her undress showing without a shadow of doubt that she was a natural blond. The blond and her new found friend were moving towards the door in the back, apparently searching for a bow of some sort.

It took the dim blond a full flicker to realize Andolin was there and with a shriek she jumped behind the bed and peeked over the edge to check it was really him. Ducking back her voice came muffled by the sheets. "Don't look. I am not ready. Daddy said I should come and wait for you, but I am not ready. Need a bow to tie around myself."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Andolin was expecting a scantily clad Keaira, but he was not expecting to see Etain, especially in the buff! "Ladies," he replied, trying to sound calm and collected. He could not help but take a good look at the naked blond that e had, at one time, targeted to marry. Of course, he had been a nobody then, and her father was a powerful noble. Her father was descended from a line of nobles that had been important loyalists to Caesar. The revelation that her father had sent her, naked, spoke either of his display of loyalty, or of his blind ambition, or both. His thoughts were redirected to Keaira.

"Milady," he cooed to Keaira, "your dress is being cleaned as we speak. I came to see to your ... comfort personally, and to apologize for the brashness of the woman who stained your dress." He gave her a charming smile to hold her in place, and gave her near nakedness an appraising look. "How lovely," he flattered with a wolfish smile. Since he did not know her or her father, Andolin assumed he could be more forward with her.

As for Etain, he was fairly certain that she was a virgin. As such, he needed to be careful with her. "Lady Etain, you need no bow. Please, go and find a robe to protect your modesty," he urged. "I won't look," he offered insincerely.

Back to Keaira, Andolin signalled her to follow him to the bed and sit beside him. "While the lady finds a robe, why don't you tell me something about you."
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

If she had had her doubts before, Andolin's wolfish smile erased them. Do you think you can seduce me? Hah. The game begins.

"Oh, how thoughtful," Tigre said in innocent tones, her wide eyes glittering slightly. The only thing Tigre was incapable of hiding was that soft, ethereal glow present in their blue depths. It was no matter, Andolin had never seen her before.

With a gentle sideways inclination of her head, Tigre politely refused Andolin's invitation to sit next to him. She would play the shy, blushing maiden for now -- at least until he tried something more direct. When that time came... Well, she hadn't though that far ahead yet. She moved slowly about the room as he spoke, busying herself with examining the glowing orb again, as well as the plants here and there. Her movements were almost feline, her dancer's grace carrying her about lightly, while the robe showed off her shapely legs and brushed gently over her wide hips. One finger toyed idly with a lock of silken black hair, making her seem more airy about the head than she truly was.

His question, however, intrigued her. How to answer? Make something up? Or tell the truth? After a few flickers of silence, her soft tones brushed past those pouty lips once more.

"Have you heard of a place called the Red Banner?"
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Now Etain was confused, Andolin all but ignoring her and then ordering her to get dressed, after all the trouble she went through to get into his bedroom and get naked. Still she was as obedient as ever, nodding from behind the bed and then scrambled swiftly into the closet that was situated behind one of the doors. In her eagerness to find the robe as quickly as possible and get back to the newly crowned Caesar, the young blond forgot she was naked and the young, virile Caesar was rewarded with a sight of her bare behind sticking from the closet door. She murmured softly, and soon disappeared into the closet, rummaging through the clothes there.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

It was so nice to find a lady that obeyed him without question. As such, Etain had a special place in his heart. In fact, he considered her a good Caesarii if he needed one who would ignore other lovers. If he could have but one wife, she might be the best. If he took many, then her blind loyalty was less valuable, for their was no need to hide other wives.

Grateful too for another glimpse at her naked form, Andolin could turn his attention to Keaira. Instead of coming quietly to sit beside him, the raven haired women seemed to wish to move about on her own. Though she exhibites signs of being as dim as Etain, it was clear that she was not as bidable. A pity.

"The Red Banner? You might say I know something of it," he replied cryptically. In truth, he knew little, but why admit it? It was far better to see what would come of her tale. "Do continue."
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

"Oh, well it's owned by Michael Crane. He's my employer." She spoke as if she had forgotten the building had recently burned to the ground. Had she been blond, she would have been the perfect sister for Etain. As it were, her raven locks fell across her face as she glanced downward.

"He's probably looking for me right now. I hope he isn't too worried. Do you think my dress can be cleaned? He got it for me, and he'd be quite upset if it was ruined." Here she fidgeted slightly, watching her toe burying itself in the carpet at her feet -- and daring a glance at Andolin veiled behind her hair when she believed he wouldn't notice.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

"Crane?" Andolin replied. That name was known to him as a criminal type that ran the City Watch. He had wanted to exterminate the man and any who would not yield to his rule over the island, including the notorious Outer Ring.

There were flickers that Andolin had thought her someone more deep. Yet, her words were not unlike Etain in substance. Perhaps that was just as well for what he had in mind.

"Your employer? Just what is it that you do for him?" With the intellect she was showing at the moment, he could imagine that the list of possibilities would be quite short.
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

It was not a surprise to her that Andolin knew of Michael. He seemed quite interested, in fact. Now, how can I use this to my advantage?

She couldn't very well tell him she ran the Red Banner. Crane would never have entrusted someone so dim-witted with such a task. Even so..well...

"I was the Madam!" She smiled dimly, her large eyes glittering. "After Charlotte was murdered, he needed someone to take over, and everybody really liked me. It was lots of fun, I even got to redecorate!" Tigre clapped her hands excitedly, then looked a bit crestfallen.

"It burned down, though. So I don't..."

Magically, her eyes began to water, as she pressed her hands to her face and looked away.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

The Madam? Andolin had not always been Caesar, nor a noble ... nor someone from the upper crust of society. So, he knew something of madams of brothels. Usually they were old worn out women of the profession that developed some skill at business along the way. Keaira did not match that stereotype. But then, Andolin's experiences had been limited in this area.

If she was a Madam, and Crane had selected her, Andolin was wondering just how dim she could be. Further she acted all innocent about her clothing and going home, when a true Madam would try her hardest to bed him. Her story seemed ... inconsistent to the paranoid mind of the Caesar.

He had planned to seduce her, and now she revealed that she was a madam. That took the fun out of things ... and made any experience with her rather common. Now that he was Caesar, he liked to think that his imperial prick would go in only the finest of silken recepticals, as opposed to one that provided a harbor to pox-ridden sailors.

This was not his night, it seemed. First, his fun with Ygraine and Anora was ruined, and now this. Sezja would be the beneficiary of his frustrations this evening, instead, it seemed. So, he took a different tact.

Offering her a handkerchief, he asked, "tell me what you know about Crane? Do you have any idea who burned the Red Banner?" Maybe she would know something useful.
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Tigre quickly accepted the handkerchief and turned away from the Caesar to hide a dark smile, moving a couple steps forward before pausing. For a few flickers she dabbed at her eyes, the movement of her arms visible, before her head lifted and she straightened up again.

A few sniffles later, she spoke in a soft voice. "He's terribly powerful. He can convince almost anyone to do anything, I think, and he's interested in all sorts of things, too."

Oops! She dropped her handkerchief. Without seeming to consider herself, Tigre leaned down and fetched the small bit of cloth, her short robe lifting easily above the rounded curve of her rear as she did so. Andolin found himself presented with a wonderful view of the young girl's curvaceous bottom, as well as the delightful treasure box betwixt her legs.

It certainly didn't look as if it had been a harbor to pox-ridden sailors.

Standing again, handkerchief in hand, Tigre held it out to Andolin, fixing those large, witless blue eyes on him. He can do much more with this than I can. "Anyway, the University of Magic helped burn the Banner down." She said it matter-of-factly, as if it didn't at all matter, and there was no danger in admitting it.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Her description of Crane seemed a dose of hyperbole to him. But, in a world of magic, anything was possible.

"What is the source of his power?" he asked with interest. "Is it magic, money, or the amount of armed men around him?" Mostly, he was interested in knowing whether the man was a sorceror.

As Keaira bent over, Andolin could not help but examine the flesh presented for his inspection. It looked tight and alluring, not like a madam's well-worn one. It caused him to pause in his ready dismissal of her as plaything, though he was still leery of her. "How long have you worked at the Banner?"

The revelation that the UoM had assisted was a surprise. "Why would they do such a thing, and how can you be so sure they were involved?" he asked suspiciously. They would only intervene against dark magic, or so he thought.
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Tigre's head tilted gently when Andolin asked about the source of Crane's power, as if she didn't quite understand what he meant. When he elaborated, however, she released a soft oh of understanding. What a good little idiot she was.

"I don't think he knows magic. I mean, I never saw him use it. He knows people that know magic, though." She blinked her eyes naively. "I didn't work at the Banner long, though, and Michael was away a lot.."

Trailing off, Tigre stared dimly at the carpet beneath her feet, her toes nudging the pattern around as she swayed her shoulders forward and back in semi-circles, as if she wasn't supposed to tell him what she was about to say. Her voice became smaller, even more childlike. "Well, they kidnapped me after the fire, and I heard a bunch of people in the next room, but they didn't know I was awake. And they tied me up, but I'm flexible, see, and I got over to the door, and I heard someone say the University couldn't be tied in to the fire. But anyway, they prolly did it 'cause of Fauna. She was working for Michael and he had her all set up nice in the basement. All kinds of books and potions and stuff, but she never would let me see..." A vacant look settled onto her face as she seemed to reminisce about all the pretty colors.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

It made little sense for the University to burn down a tavern or brothel. It was only when she mentioned Fauna that there was any chance he could believe it.

Fauna was a strange one. She professed great loyalty to him, but she had been a dark brooding type. To hear that she had gone to work for Michael was a surprise. He did not like his ... people mingling with potential enemies. Crane, and everyone else that opposed his complete control over the Island, needed to be crushed.

One day, Fauna had gone missing. He had some small worry for her, but it was not unfathomable that she had simply disappeared to go back to Amun Rah, or some other place.

"What happened to Fauna and her books and potions?" he asked neutrally, as if it did not matter. "Why would the University kidnap you? You have done them no wrong." That seemed to make no sense.
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

"I don't know, really," Keaira said thoughtfully, her softly glowing orbs shifting their gaze back to the Caesar. "I haven't heard anything of her since the fire. Maybe she was killed."

His question about the University seemed to confuse her. "Huh? The University didn't kidnap me. There were some other people that night too. I guess everybody hated the Banner. After the fire started, people ran outside, but there were archers on the roof shooting people down as they escaped. The University just wanted Fauna dead."

She shifted slightly, looking away from the Caesar. "The other people kidnapped me because Michael got away. They said I could either help them find him or they'd kill me. But I haven't heard from him since."
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Her story was certainly a surprise. Andolin had not received independent reports to that effect. It seemed that there was an underworld war, with the University of Magic picking sides.

As the Lord of the Chamber, as well as the Caesar, Andolin could not afford chaos on the island. The security of the Citadel required that order be restored to the city surrounding the fortress. It merely cemented in Andolin's mind that action needed to be taken against the crime bosses in the city. They needed to know that the Caesar would crack down on anyone that did not obey his directives.

"I am sorry to hear of your ordeal," he noted, no longer thinking of a dalliance with the woman. His political mind was scheming, which brought him a different kind of pleasure. "I am glad that you are now free. It might prove useful for me to keep in contact with you. I am especially interested in learning about what is going on in the streets. Perhaps I could have you call on me from time to time," he suggested.

OOC~ Trying to wrap up the thread.
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

There were a few brief flickers of silence. Tigre could see wheels turning, but she could only guess as to what Andolin was thinking. So when he suggested that he become a contact, she was a bit surprised -- and more than a bit interested.

Tigre's eyebrows lifted slightly, but she hid the intrigue with a quick, innocent bat of her eyelashes. "I guess I could do that, if you wanted me to." The idea of being a spy for the Caesar sounded quite promising. Lots of leverage with that position. "When should I?"

After they agreed on a time and Andolin gave her any further instructions as he so wished, Tigre would smile vapidly and nod, before returning obediently to the room set aside from her and retiring for the evening, sure that now she would get what she deserved in life, and Andolin would help her do so.
Last edited by Keaira Morgandy on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”