Mutual Interests - Jy 30th - ET

Moderator: Mods

Motley
Fool

Mutual Interests - Jy 30th - ET

Post by Motley »

Motley made his way into the Inner ring of the city, looking for the Temple of Pan.

Located on the Inner Ring of the Citadel, it is one of the few known temples of the infamous god, Pan, blossoming in the tolerance that used to be so typical of the capital. Though there are altars for the sects of Pan's Blood and Pan's Arts this temple is mainly devoted to Pan's Joy: the wild enjoyment of drink, sex and music to the abandonment of everything else. And surely it’s no coincidence that this temple is located right between the former Rose Guild and the Bardic College. The sounds of revelry have died out with the raids in the town, a sudden silence that seems almost eerie.

The whiter than white marble columns are invitingly covered by green vines, almost pulling the visitor inside. The entrance of the temple is formed by a set of large marble stairs that give a sense of awe, but the creeping plants manage to give the atmosphere something intimate at the same time. The great redwood doors stand open to welcome all who wish to worship the Threefold God.

Entering the sanctuary and crossing the marble floor accented with inlaid lines of black mica, one quickly realizes that the vast chamber is divided into three areas, each containing an altar to an aspect of the deity. Huge columns rise up to the vaulted ceiling, each entwined with lush vines, giving the sanctuary a feeling reminiscent of a garden.

Acolytes are present to greet visitors, dressed in loose robes.

The ugly little bard looked down at the letter that had been delivered to him and read it once more.

Vanir Alfheim wrote:I have been looking forward to meeting about our mutual interests. It seems there is much we may learn from each other and should share information at the earliest convenience. My schedule is quite open in the Tradetide of Jygust 30th. We may meet wherever is most convenient for all. If interested, I can assure a private room at the Temple to openly discuss our ideas.

Sincerely,
Vanir Alfheim

Rhoddin had never much spoke about his encounter with the man who had been the target of an assassination attempt. Motley had probed him a few times, trying to get the man to talk about it, or at least share more information with him, but the other man was steadfast, and seemed to want to put the whole incident behind him once and for all.

That might work for Rhoddin, but Motley's curiosity wasn't about to let it all go. He could have easily walked away from the mystery of what a thufu feather was. He could have forgotten the whole thing and went about his business. But just walking away had never really been a part of Motley's personality. He was far too interested in people, how they bring themselves to the point of wanting to kill another. Who was the man? Why would they want to kill him? For whatever reason, Motley just had to know.

He held the letter at the ready, and approached one of the Acolytes.

"Excuse me. I'm looking for Vanir Alfhiem. Is he here?"
[b]Putting the "Imp" in impassible since 2004[/b]

[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=428][b]Motley's Compendium[/b][/url]
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir had returned to the Temple from earlier business to assist where he could. He had been walking around the front of the Temple when he noticed a rather strange man entering. The priest had been close enough to hear his name mentioned and knew it must be Rhoddin's friend that he spoke of.

"Greetings be to you, Motley. I am Vanir Alfheim and welcome to the Temple of Pan. When our other friend arrives, I shall show you around before our meeting. I am most pleased to finally get to speak with you." The voice of the adhiel was pleasant and inviting as normal. A simple nod of his head dismissed the acolyte.
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Motley took in the sight of the priest of Pan cautiously.

So, this is him. Looks much like the way Rhoddin described, but younger perhaps. Both exactly what I expected and nothing at all like I expected at the same time...

"And I am happy to meet and speak with you as well. It is a most curious set of circumstances that brings us together."

Motley simply stood and looked around as he waited further instruction from the priest, or for this 'other friend' to arrive.
[b]Putting the "Imp" in impassible since 2004[/b]

[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=428][b]Motley's Compendium[/b][/url]
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Already running a bit late, Barret came walking up the stairs of the temple in quite a quick pace. He didn't want to flat out run, but the haste was clearly visible. As he saw Vanir standing there together with a strange, short man he walked up to them with a smile.

"Ahh, I finally made it. I'm sorry for being late. It has been a busy day." The priest said as he reached out his hand to greet Vanir. "It's good to see you again, Vanir." He then extended his hand to Motley. "Hello to you too, sir. I'm Barrett." The young man was curious to find out who Vanir's new friend was.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”