Nothing but a blacksmith Jygust 30th (open)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Nothing but a blacksmith Jygust 30th (open)

Post by Guest »

Gustav sighed as he dragged the wagon with large bars of steel around the city of Dort. The owner of the blacksmith needed these steel bars delievered to certain blacksmiths and weapons smiths in Dort. Gustav had his scythe strapped to his back harmlessly, so he would be able to reach it if something bad were to happen. He doubted it would, and he doubted his scythe would be much help because he wasn't that practiced with it.

The wind blew gently through the morning air. Gustav had woken up today and was ready for work. He liked working because the more he worked, the closer he came to achieving his goal. He whistled with the wind as he kept pulling the cart closer.

After Gustav passed a small road connecting the north from the south, he saw a familiar puff of smoke in the sky. Iron John's Forge alright, and it was just up ahead. Gustav strained to get the wagon moving again and started to pull it towards the Forge once more. This would be his third trip now to Iron John's Forge, and he loved to see the work done there.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

OOC: Apologies for the delay.

The steady sound of a ringing anvil greeted his ears as Gustav grew closer to the forge. The morning air, which smelled of baking bread, gave way to the metal tang of heated iron. Finally, Gustav crested the small rise and could see right into the heart of Iron John's forge. The bellows boy was working hard this day to keep the forge blazing hot. The hammer rained down on the red hot metal as John slowly pounded it into the blade of a sword. His apprentice stood ready with the tongs to thrust the blade back into the fire or to quench it as John instructed. A set of newly forged blades lay to one side awaiting a hilt and other such trappings.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Dort Archive”