The Drunken Duck: 30th Jygust, MT (open)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

The Drunken Duck: 30th Jygust, MT (open)

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

It was late even’tide when Guido finally arrived through the portal into Dort having made his goodbyes to his family and friends. The historian made an immediate impression on his new found home, having deposited the contents of his stomach on the ground a few flickers after arriving. Having located the Drunken Duck, he had been relieved to find that Sfidante had been as good as his word and a room had been booked for the archaelogist at the inn. Feeling too tired and queasy to have anything to drink or eat, he had retired to his room.

Refreshed by a solid night’s sleep, Guido ventured down into the taproom in the early morningtide. He was dressed in a white linen shirt and a brown cloth jerkin with a vivid green silk scarf wrapped around his neck. Walking over to the bar, he beamed a smile to whoever was serving. “May I have a breakfast, please. Ham and eggs would be wonderful if you have it available.” He glanced around the taproom, taking note of any customers that were present.

As he spoke, he fingered the letter that Sfidnate had given him, which was now securely located within Guido's pocket. He had thought of taking a peek but decided against it: after all, that would ruin the surprise and might not endear him to his contact.
Porcelina
Civus

Post by Porcelina »

As Guido approached the bar, he was greeted by Bertram, the slightly portly bartender, who returned the lanky man’s smile with a friendly nod of his head. At Guido’s request for breakfast, he quietly jotted it down on a small tablet, casting a suspicious glance every now and then to the table where Claire, and the Ssin’ Klair twins sat. Once he had finished, he gave Guido a friendly smile, “I’m going to run this back to the cook. It shouldn’t take her long.”

After Bertram scurried away, Guido would be able to see that the Drunken Duck wasn’t very busy this morningtide. There were a few patrons scattered about at various tables. Nearly everyone was sitting by themselves, except for a lovey-dovey human couple, and an odd trio who sat conversing quietly: a tawny-haired achadhiel woman, and two dark achadhiel brothers. Things were pretty much quiet, aside from the occasional pots and bangs clanging together back in the kitchen.

It was in this quiet moment, when the world seemed to turn upside rather quickly. Without any warning, there was a loud crash at the door where Guido had entered only a couple burns before. The noise alone sent the tavern into frenzy, as nearly all of the patrons jumped from their seats in bewilderment. The dark achadhiel brothers pulled out daggers and a sword, as the tattooed bouncer at the end of the bar, leapt to his feet as well, letting out a husky, “What in the Nether?!”

There in the open doorway, lies the crumpled, bloody body of an adhiel man, in a pool of shattered glass. His eyes, glazed over, stared lifelessly into the taproom.

OOC: Hi Guido! Nice to have you along, please continue here: https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=15744
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

(OOC: ok - I have posted to the other thread - looking forward to it :wink: )
Morg

Post by Morg »

Archived with no skills awarded. :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Dort Archive”