The Captain- Behind the Scenes- ET Jygust 30th - HAIKAN

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

Haikan bit his cheeks to prevent himself from laughing as this hilarious little dragon pulled this chest of many items along. For a great king of the western expanse he isn't too graceful... He smiled at the thought. He was really beginning to like this dragon, even if he did think himself much greater than he was. He looked at Mary with the cheery smile that he'd thought he'd never wield again, and then he walked over to the tiny chest to pick it up. In case it was very heavy, he braced himself and used his legs to lift it and himself upwards, not to look like a fool before the great, wise dragon.

"Well, shall we head towards the wagons? I assume you want to pack this stuff away tonight." He said to the dragon, with a warmth in his voice. This dragon's hilarity and endearing behavior was almost magickal, in it's ability to make Haikan feel better, after the torment his soul was put through not too long ago.

"...If you like, you could spend the night at my house before we embark, King Fangwyrd. I have some nifty trinkets there you could have, although nonesofar magickal." He was gradually but surely growing more casual in his tone. None too quickly, for he wanted to maintain favor of this dragon. However he did not plan on worshiping this dragon for the rest of his life, and the adhiel captain figured in time the dragon would come to like him and his friends without the royalties. Until then he would keep up the 'king' talk, after all it was pretty funny.

"Mary, you can come too, if you'd like." He blushed a little as he said that, for he liked Mary a good deal, and hoped she would say yes. This love was not the sort of love as a man wants to take a woman into his chambers, but as a friend genuinely appreciates company of another.

With that, he began to walk towards the door, but he stopped before exiting. "I don't suppose his majesty wishes to be carried to my living quarters as well, does he?"
Last edited by Haikan on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The small trunk was heavy, but not so much as to be overly difficult for Haikan to carry, though it was likely to become a burden with the long walk ahead of them. "Here, we'll carry it together," Mary slipped her nimble fingers into a leather strap on one side of the trunk and lifted, allowing Haikan to let go with one arm and do the same so that it would be between them, and halved in weight.

King Fangwyrd shook his head. "I can walk," he said, and did so, prancing directly infront of Haikan and Mary, though he almost tripped over his own amulets before deciding to use one paw for holding up the trinkets and walk awkwardly on three legs in an ambling sort of gait. Mary smirked. "I think it would be best to keep my treasures with me," the mini-royal said as they walked. "So that I can watch over them." In reality, he didn't plan on being more than a few paces from that trunk throught the duration of the adventure.

"If I get you back to the avenue of trade will you be able to direct us to your house?" Mary asked. "For.. I would.. take you up on your offer," she finished with her own polite smile.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Very well, king," the warrior said. "And thank you, Mary, this is much easier." He was more comfortable this way, for he preferred to keep his eyes alert. Look over your shoulder - because I'll be watching your back... The words still echoed in his mind. He stood to the left of the crate, using his right arm to hold it up, and he clutched the hilt of his sword casually with his left. He made it appear as nothing more than a resting place for his other arm, but in actuality he was scoping every corner, every shadow of the alleyways for Cedric, and possibly some more henchmen. Could he have gotten his bodyguard to a healer that quickly? He wondered if Cedric was even the type to take his own men to a healer, as he seemed like a bloody viper of a man. Truly Cedric was the closest thing to evil that Haikan had ever encountered.

He would have to look for me here, for he doesn't even know my name... I don't care how good his sources are, there is no way he could find me without at least knowing my name... But still, cautious he was. He trusted that Fang would probably notice... Or not, on second thought Fang seemed a bit preoccupied with his treasures. He found it best to be on the safe side and use his sharp adhiel senses to his advantage to keep a lookout, as he followed Mary.

"Yes, I would take us to my house. Conveniently enough, I have an unused room you could use, and the king could stay with me, or in the living room if he so preferred." He felt joy in the presence of his new friends, but caution still tainted that feeling as he glanced back and forth, every now and then looking behind them as well...
Last edited by Haikan on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The way back was a bit windier. Mary sought out more main roads than the ones they'd initially trekked. She didn't want any trouble, either. The young woman called out directions to their Lordship - ever mindful to speak to him respectfully and call him his majesty as he stopped at one point and was quite upset at her when she mistakenly referred to him just as Fang, as in: "Fang, go left." Which he didn't approve of one bit, but he did go left as instructed once apologized to. Mary rolled her eyes once the King had turned back around, and offered a grin to Haikan.

They'd walked a good portion of the city, and by the time they'd returned to the bottom of the Avenue of Trade it was past half Eveningtide. It still left them with much walking. Their first run through had been a good deal faster - but this was safer. The Avenue of Trade ran from the northern most portion of the city (at the Vigilent Gates) all the way southward to the Harbor and touched based with all points in-between. They happend to be in the more southern end, with Haikan's house northward (what were the chances?!).

At last mark eveningtide they'd reached where Haikan had picked up Mary and the familiarity of the Laughing King. Mary decided on a break of carrying the heavy trunk. "Or can we atleast change arms?" She asked. "And from here on out, it's you taking the lead, sweets," she smiled, and rubbed her sore arm. "I'd like to see your guest accomodations!" Mary giggled.

There were still people around. Some gawked at Fangwyrd, others passed the trio by without care thanks to their drunken stupors. Thankfully, atleast, this area of town was lit by street candles. It made it a less unsettling walk.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Well, Mary managed to find out that he's not ready to be called 'Fang' yet. Of course though, things like that take time, we should honour his majesty until he's more comfortable with us. He grinned every time the cultured little dragon spoke on his high horse. Haikan was growing ever fonder of these two, and his excitement for the journey was rekindled.

"Sure, we can switch." He said, and he set down the trunk to walk around to the other side and rotate arms. He now held his right hand on his swordhilt this time, having spent a few flickers flipping the scabbard to the other side of his belt. I might just as well get some off-hand training today...

It was doubtful. They were in a much more public area, and assault would be foolhardy. Mikail would probably be waiting with a knocked arrow at his house, Mother knows he's one paranoid achadhiel. And he was probably concerned about his half-brother venturing alone. Luckily for Haikan and unbeknownst to Mikail, he was not alone.

He led his company up past the Laughing King's and through the residential area to his home, which was not too far from the Tavern. As they neared his neighborhood he would take a slightly circuitous route, ending up a block down the street from his house.

"We've almost arrived at my own castle, just one more block."
Last edited by Haikan on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Mary circled opposite of Haikan to reposition herself on the other side of the box, which she helped him lift after he'd adjusted his sword. The three managed their way through the streets, with Haikan now offering his leadership. It didn't take them but fifteen burns to walk the pace. When they neared two blocks away the Gravetide Tolls cut through the crisp darkness, causing for Mary to jump. The box tilted toward Haikan, but she regained herself with an embarassed smile.

King Fangwyrd heard the clatter of his belongings colliding with one another. "Do be careful!" He said indignantly. "Please!" His nose raised in the air and he huffed out mirrored streams of smoke quite by accident but with much drama. It wasn't a fearsome move, but it was theatrical. Mary let out a peal of giggles.

"Come on then, sire. We must be getting you to your quarters," she ammended, still with her crooked teeth showing in a fun, innocent smile. Mary hadn't had this carefree of a night in an age. Infact, she couldn't recall a time she had. She always lead a happy life - for she didn't mind her work, but this was something quite different, like she were very young again.

At a block away from Haikan's home there came a very different noise - one of howls and yowls as the hounds were hunting this night, and they were hunting close. Mary's eyes drew wide as Fangwyrd turned on his heel and pressed himself against a building and into the depth of it's shadows. His amulets clattered around his neck, but he silence them with one clawed forefoot.

Mary, following his lead, tugged Haikan toward the building as the noises rose in cacophany echoing through the empty streets and bouncing off buildings. Mary squeaked out a quiet noise of fear while slightly shaking and pressing herself close to the building. King Firewyrd's throat ached with his acid and his lungs burned with unspent air as he prepared to blast any oncoming wolves. A pony down the road whinied to join in the sounds, as did many other surrounding domestic dogs - including a beagle some halfway between Haikan's home and where they stood now who gave over to a distinctive braying.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

As Mary jumped, Haikan turned to her with concern. "You alright, Mary?" It was hard not to admit, he was a bit high strung as well. "It'll be fine, that's just the ringing of the tideshift, of course you both know that." He pointed this out, knowing that all three of them were aware of it, but he felt the need to comfort Mary regardless. What caught his attention more however was the symphony of howls that filled the air as well as a pony. A pony..? Wait! Mikail!

Suddenly the adhiel was concerned for just one thing. The safety of his friends and his brother. It looked like he was going to have to defend once again on this night. The warm emotions that were drifting in his heart just moments ago faded away and he was overtaken by calculation and strategy. "We have to get to my house, quick!" Jezara... Mikail.. Hang on and don't die! I'm coming for you!

With that he grabbed the chest and he began to sprint for his house, always being a fast runner. He knew despite his claims of heroism the dragon would probably only be fully prepared to fight if his treasures were safe in his house, and he knew that with the encumberance, Mary would probably be able to keep up with him.

"Let's go! No time to wait around!" He was ready to set the chest down and leap at anything that attacked the two he was with, but his primary concern was getting Mary to safety, and finding Mikail.

Dammit Mikail, don't die!
Last edited by Haikan on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Yeah, I'm fine, just scared me is all," she gave some nervous laughter that was swallowed by the sounds of the hunting wolves.

Haikan didn't waste a flicker. He pulled the trunk from Mary's grasp and she used her free hands to gather up her skirts. "Woman!" King Fangwyrd demanded, and threw his amulets at her, for they were dragging him down enough at a walking pace. Mary, quite willing to done as told, caught his tangle of necklaces and slipped them over her supple right wrist as she took off after her heroic savior. Fang worked to over-take the lead with his four-legged gait, but found himself matched in speed thanks to Haikan's fear-bred muscles.

Whooooooosh! Haikan could hear the fire before he saw it. A gust of warm wind swept by him as an explosion burst from Fangwyrd's opened mouth. It was an elipses, one that turned and wobbled as if it were an egg hurtling through the air. By halfway down the road it began to come undone, slowly melting into itself, but still providing light for the trio. When the fire egg reached the end of the road, where Haikan's house ought to be, it illuminated a most curious sight.

Mikail, with one leg hoisted on the fence, and another planted on the ground, held his bow and arrow pointed at a braying beagle dog that was tied to the fence of a neighboring yard. His arrow was notched, prepared, but not yet flown from his grasp. A scarf was wound around his neck and face to protect him from the vial of brown liquid he had yet to unleash.

Mary, though, took the sight with pause as her feet slammed into the ground. I don't want to get run through with an arrow! She thought to herself in alarm while her arms pinwheeled so that she might gain her balance. She planted herself right in the center of the road - her head swivelling from side to side in judgement of where to go.

Haikan, on the other hand, had a decision to make as far as where to go. He could either stop and get Mary or rush forward toward his brother who was just Pulling it Together. Fangwyrd, ever the helpful maker of fire, could be heard pulling another rush of air through his conductor, ready for command if Haikan had one, his first ball of flame falling apart to whisps a good ten paces from Mikail to leave them all in pitch darkness again, with only Fang's throat midly glowing.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Mikail don't!" Haikan shouted as he approached. He stopped, halfway between Mikail and Mary, although because of his sprinting, it took him a few yards to actually stop, so he was much closer to Mikail. His legs kicked the bottom of the chest a few times as he slowed, and he really wanted to just set the darn thing down.

"I can grab a lamp from my house so we can at least see what we're shooting!" He noticed Mary was no longer right behind him, and Fang appeared to be ready for another blast. "Don't burn this man, king! This is my brother, he's on our side! And Mikail, these two are with me!" After hastily introducing them, his eyes raced to find Mary until he found her, still behind him. Why did she stop? She could get hurt! Oh man, I can't see the wolves anywhere! All I found was my neighbors dog!

His mind raced to think of a strategy to protect them from the attacking wolves, but he didn't come up with much, since he couldn't even see any of them. He decided that the first step was getting Mary to safety, and enabling them to see. He ushered for her to go into his house.

"Mary, run inside my house! You'll be safe there!" If she crossed in front of him and went towards the house, he would hand her the chest of goodies that the king was so worried about. "You can set this anywhere inside. If you're uncomfortable being alone at a time like this, then you can come right back out, but bring the lamp that's right inside the door if you do!" He felt in his pocket to ensure that he had the tindersticks required to light it.

That's right, we have to illuminate the area first. Wait! No that would be a bad idea, then every wolf within a mile would be able to see us! We'll just have to focus our vision as hard as we can...
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

SKILLS:
Haikan
Streetwise: +**
Acrobatics/Tumbling: +*
Swords - one handed: +*
Conversation: +*
NEW SKILL! Persuade: basic
NEW SKILL! Resolve: basic

ITEM:
Fangwyrd

Return to “KC Archive”