Dragon's Den - Jygust 30th - Eveningtide

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros was again moved by the generosity that the people of Kings court could express to a stranger. This must indeed be the will of the One. The soon to be acolyte knew then that he had made the correct choice in returning to the city. The people here will be kind and forgiving. These people are ready to help each other and if it be the will of the One I will help. Great One lead us on the path that you set before us be our light in dark times when all other lights go out, and may Kings Court be a light unto all the nations and peoples that you oh great and powerful One have created.

Petros responded turning to look at Zeynara "I was not going to impose on anyone, but it seems that everyone here is friendly and wishes to help those in need. I can not turn down such generosity particularly when it is offered as such in the name of Dominicus as it is now. If you wish it I will stay with you this evening." Turning back to Jacob "I think that this is the will of the One, and I should think that since this offer is for both of us you should accept as well."
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

Jacob nodded dumbly, still a little stunned by Zeyanara's reaction, initially because he hadn't wanted to offend (in fact he'd tried to back-pedal when he thought he might have), and then at her generosity. He continued nodding as he looked from Petros to Zeyanara, then added "Thank you. I'm actually not a stranger to King's Court, although I do for the most part live and work outside the walls." He continued to look at her, a little confused, partially because he wasn't sure what had just happened, partially because he was trying to get a measure of the girl. Partially because he was sure he'd stated his profession several times at the table.

"I'm a carpenter" he recalled, quietly. He didn't want to make a big thing of it. He could see this girl had a glint in her eye, and wasn't sure why. Was she up to mischief, or was she simply being playful and friendly?
Last edited by Jacob Rimon on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irregular posting, busy with RL commitments! Sorry![url=http://www.allavatars.com/avatars/showphoto.php?photo=204&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500]Avatar Source[/url]
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"Well, yes.. carpentry is a rather blanket term though, wouldn't you say?" She asked with a slightly lifted auburn eyebrow. Many men claimed to be laborers and then had no talent in said profession except for the heavy lifting. Perhaps Zeynara should've presented her question a bit more clearly, but the poor girl was far too busy planning what sort of breakfast she'd have the servants make for her two newest friends. "I mean, do you have any artisan specialty?" She pushed her empty pancake plate over to the edge of the table so that a passing wench could pick it up on her way by and knitted her fingers together in front of her pretending very hard to be like her mother and ask important questions that would get to the bottom of finding out more about her soon-to-be guest. "Furniture making, carving, building - these things all come to mind," here an eager Zeynara smile leaked through her channeling of her mother, but she erased it quickly with a sip of her drink.

"Petros, I'm happy you've taken up on the offer. We have comfortable accommodations. I'm sure it'll be much better than staying here and wasting your coin." The young woman grinned. "Probably even better than what you'll have at the Basilica! Hehehe," she drawled off into a few giggles then finished her beverage. Maybe we should take a page from Azure's book and get going?" Here, she looked toward Jacob who she wasn't sure had entirely decided to stay.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

Jacob snapped out of his thoughts. "You're right," he smiled, "Lots of different sorts of carpentry. I'm mostly skilled at household furniture and basic repairs. Chairs, shelves, doorframes. I'm sure I'll be able to help. I dabble in a little boat-building too, though I presume you don't have one of those at home." Jack laughed, but stopped abruptly. For all I know, she might live on a boat!

He got up as Zeynara rose, apologising "I'm sorry if I sounded rude earlier. I thank you for your kind offer."
Irregular posting, busy with RL commitments! Sorry![url=http://www.allavatars.com/avatars/showphoto.php?photo=204&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500]Avatar Source[/url]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros took his last bite of pancake and also pushed his plate forward as he finished eating. He was pleased that Zeynara seemed happy with his choose to stay with her family for the night, and the young man was very pleased when Jacob accepted the offer. He was glad to be making friends as fast as he was, and he wished to get to know Jacob and Zeynara a little better.

When Jacob mentioned the idea of a boat Petros smiled a bit, for he had never been on a boat. He thought that it would be interesting to get the chance to be on one, but he doubted that he would have the opportunity to go on one. when Zeynara suggested that it was time to leave the young man agreed. "Maybe we should head out now Zeynara. It is getting late as Azure said, and it has been a long day I could fall asleep now!" Petros was smiling at his new friends glad to have such good company.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"You didn't sound rude at all! This is going to be fun," Zeynara smiled warmly and beckoned for her guests to follow her. "It's not a long walk from here back home, so why don't we skip the carriage."

Indeed, it wasn't a long walk. Once reaching the house they were greeted with a lane of trees and a nice garden in the front. It was definitely one of the better maintained homes in the city. Inside it was warm and cozy as well as museum-like. There were sculptures set on columns and shelves loaded with pieces from all over the Western Kingdom. Numerous book cases were lined with volumes in multitudes of languages. To Zeynara this was normal. She lead them through the foyer and asked them to wait while she told her mother of her guests.

After five burns she returned. "I've spoken to the maid, mother's already in bed, I'll be right back," she gathered her skirts in her hand and moved up the stairs. Again, after a few burns, she returned with a smile. "Mother says your welcome to stay the evening, come right this way."

Zeynara lead them upstairs to two rooms across from one another. They were practical in design - guest rooms - without excessive flair, but also comfortable and tidy as well as decorated in the same fashion as the downstairs with small book cases and dressers ladened with artifacts that were particularly religious in nature. "Mother is a bit of a collector," Zeynara said with a bit of embarassment. She bid them good night and departed for her own room after discussing with the maid preparations for the following morning.

As the sun peaked into their windows, which were covered in laced drapes, knocks came to their doors in the form of maids delivering breakfast. Cold hard sausage was sliced into thin disks and paired with a soft cheese and warm bread. There was a bowl of porridge on the tray, which was topped with cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar (all expensive commodities in King's Court of late) as well as a small cup of bitter cappuccino and a taller one of cow's milk and yet another of water.

The maids told them they were welcome to have a bath in the washroom before leaving if they wished, and directed them as to where it was. Zeynara didn't appear in the morning, and if questioned, the maids would easily explain that the ladies of the house usually slept until noontide.

OOC: Alright, covered some ground here. You're welcome to post a little synopsis of your evening/waking up (if you have any other questions for the maids, now would be the time!) and I'll respond one final time before locking this up for skilling.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

Jacob spent most of the evening in stunned silence. Never had he seen such things, the books, the sculptures, the sheer opulence of the house and its contents. He found himself incredibly grateful, and simultaneously confused as how he'd gone from spending time in the company of one stinky old man to spending the night in a veritable paradise!

He found it took a while to get to sleep, but when he did he slept soundly. Upon waking he wondered if he might still be dreaming, wondering at the events of the previous evening. But breakfast too seemed to bring home how alien the experience was to the poor carpenter. The warm water bath too, as Jacob cleaned up the little cut that had been hidden all night by a rag he'd knotted around his head. how had he ever got into a house like this, not to mention as a guest?

Not seeing either of his two hostesses that morning gave him concern, as he was unable to offer his skills to the ladies of the house, nor to say his farewells before darting off. He thought it best to wait a while, but finally, some time after his fellow guest Petros had departed, he realised that if he didn't leave now he'd miss the hanging. Saying a quick thankyou to the maids for the house's hospitality, and imagining that once out of those doors he'd never experience such luxury again, he departed.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros, although, more accustomed to being in the presence of many books was still shocked to see the number of books in this house, and also books in the guest rooms as well! These people must be of great wealth, The young man had no idea that they would be staying at a place such as this when he had accepted the offer to stay. He was also shocked that not all the books where in common, which was the only language Petros could speak, and read; admittedly not read well, but read none the less. The young man was so shocked by this setting that he could not find rest right away and decided to see if he could make anything of one of the books on the book shelf he at random pick a book that was written in common off of the the bookshelf and spend sometime reading before he fell asleep with the book on his face. Petros woke later to find the book still in bead but next to him, it must have fallen off in his sleep. The young man not wanting to damage the book got up and put it back on the book shelf before falling back asleep.

Petros was already awake by the time the maid knocked on his door with breakfast. He had gotten up early to pray as he normally did, however, he did say a few extra prayers for safety as he knew he would be out in a crowd today and he thought he may cause a bit of a stir. The soon to be acolyte respectfully accepted the breakfast and ate as much of it as he could, but was full before finishing all of it. He also was very surprised by the offer for a bath, but took one, the nice warm water all over his body was almost heavenly, but Petros told himself that he must not get used to such things for they did not really matter, although they were very nice.

After his bath he did ask the maid about where the ladies of the house were and was disappointed to learn that he would not get to see them before he left he very much had wanted to thank them for their hospitality. All of the books and the artifacts were very intriguing to Petros especially the religions ones. He inquired about these. "I see that the lady has collected many books and religious artifacts can you tell me is this just a fascination of my gracious host or does she participate the religion of the One with great fervor?" and "She seems to have many things here do you know what her favorite piece is and why it is so?" Not wanting to be to rude and inquisitive Petros ended his questions this way and did not ask anything further even though he did have some other things on his mind. He would listen to the responses the maid gave respectfully and would view anything that the maid wished to show him after which he would thank her for her kindness and leave for the day. After leaving Petros would notice that he had left his walking stick at the mansion.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

When Jacob examined himself in the silver mirror surface in the washroom he'd discover his small wound was healing nicely, though the bruise that surrounded it had turned a sickly yellowish sort of color. It was a good sign, though, as it meant it would fade quickly, probably by the end of the day. The bath itself was a comfort not accustomed to, and he was given a variety of soaps to chose from so that by the time he left he smelled quite nice and was looking a good deal better.

One of the younger maids, a girl who was probably about Zeynara's age (and who was actually the young lady's personal maid) stopped Jacob before he could depart. "My mistress wanted me to invite you back for dinner this evening," she said with a smile. "She said you had skills to offer the Lady Debrona." It didn't appear from where he'd seen that the house was in need of carpentry, but the invitation stood. "Here, she gave me this to give to you," it was a small parcel of lances. "She said you should go to Audrey's Otherwear and pick up something a bit more.. appropriate.. to wear." Here, the young woman blushed a bit. "Dinner is at first mark eveningtide."

-=-=-

Petros' gamble in chosing a book procured one called the Book of Storms. It was a personal accounting of one man's time in Terra Incognita, the land which Tyrone had been lost to for months, though he never came across the things which were written about.

The maid which Petros questioned nodded. "Oh yes, she is a very devout follower of the One, sir," she said. "She has much interest in the faith, and her work is that of translating - that is why she has so many books. Some of these she's translated herself. She is very talented in her business." As to the favorite, the young woman pondered. "Favorite... hmm.. you know, I'm not entirely sure, though I should think the Book of the One. She has translated it into the language of the dwarves recently, in hopes that they might be taken by the One and fall into His favor." A bell rang and the unnamed girl curtseyed. "Excuse me, I must be returning to my duties. If you are interested in the Lady of the House' work, you'd do best to find her at the Library in the Palace. She works there often." Once he'd gone, the girl found his walking stick and tucked it away into the nook behind the stairs for safe-keeping until he might return again.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Azure: No skills awarded

Petros:
Literacy[common]: +*

Jacob: Streetwise: +*

Return to “KC Archive”