[Aveas] A Whole New World-Jygust 30, MT

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

"Ah yes, the expert. Well, I am not often wrong when it comes to colors, that is true. And blue seems to fit your eyes very well." Priscilla meandered over to one side of the room where a large collection of bolts and lengths of blue cloth was gathered. Blue in the broadest sense of the word. From the color of the sky at dawn to the darkest blue of the deepest ocean. Priscilla passed the collected samples, her fingers going over the fabrics as she apparently tried to decide which one was best.

"It has been a while since I got to make something for a young thing such as yourself. Usually it's all adhiel with more money than braincells who come in here to have me whip up something nice for them, just so they can pretend to be in Tal'Fea'Taur again." She picked out a bolt, which turned out to be nearly the length of the woman herself, and lugged it over to the table, where she unrolled it partially and held up the fabric to Anora's chest. "Me, I prefer young people. Young people have the future I always say. And such excellent taste in clothing. With the old garde it's all velvet this and silk that, but you youngsters...ah, to be young and creative is Pan's way of saying; there you go, enjoy!"

She dropped the cloth onto the table and walked back to pull out another length of cloth. The first one was a deep ocean blue, where this next one edged on white, with a blue sheen over it. She held it up to Anora again. "I think you would look lovely with something loose. Maybe an armless gown or something with long sleeves and a wide open neckline? Nonono, drop the long sleeves, much too hot out there..." She dropped the cloth on the table next to the other one and started sketching something on a pad which lay to the right. As she was drawing she asked; "So dear, tell me; what brings a Kingdom girl like you to a place like this?"
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora watched as Priscillia moved about, her fingers moving over the fabric for a moment, starting to curl around the pencil. She gave a small gasp as she realized she was about to steal it, dropping the writing utensil as if it burned her. She couldn't help but feel she was doing something wrong by dropping it, not slipping it into her pocket. Strange.

"Oh, that sounds delightful," she replied, her eyes lighting at the talk of the elegant gown. Much better than the dress she was currently in. She looked back up at the question. "I don't know. I was found in the sea and dropped off here," she answered, shrugging. It was becoming easier to say it. The talk of the gown had her eyes light.
[color=darkblue][i][b]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.[/b][/i][/color]
Dorothy Parker

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Chrisaliel Mithroldyn
Civus

Post by Chrisaliel Mithroldyn »

She had been concerned about the young woman, barely more than a girl, to Chrisaliel’s mind. They had pulled her from the sea, half naked and seemingly more than half drowned. To say that Chris had been alarmed at the state of the young Human was something of an understatement, especially when it became obvious that the girl had lost her memory.

Chris had intended to travel back to the Citadel. That is, until she encountered the young Human. Now that plan was on hold, and Chris had appointed herself unofficial guardian of the mysterious young woman, albeit unbeknownst to Anora. So, when the sandy-haired female left the ship, so too did Chris. Carrying all of her worldly possessions once again upon her back, she tried to walk casually behind the young woman, following her first to the Temple of Pan, and then to the shop.

Anora’s need for a dress shop was obvious from her attire. Chris’s was not. Her teal bodice, tan skirt, and soft leather shoes did not mark her as one in need of clothing just now. In fact, the backpack suggested that lodgings ought to be her first priority, with employment a close second. Still, she could not just lurk outside for long, without drawing notice. So she entered.

Slipping up to Anora and the apparent shopkeeper, Chris said with a friendly smile, “Ah, hello again! What a lovely shade. Compliments your eyes.” Chrisaliel would have offered the girl one of her dresses, but, although Anora was quite small by Human standards, she was yet not as petite as Chris.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Priscilla was drawing still as Chrisaliel entered. Her hand moved across the paper rapidly as the shape of something that appeared to be a dress of sorts took shape within a matter of burns. She glanced up briefly as the second girl entered the back room of her shop.

"Welcome dear. You know her then?" She took to her drawing again. "Glad to see she knows someone at least. Can't be nice being pulled from the sea. Good thing you were found when you did then. Who knows what may have happened. The oceans around Pan's Isle can be unforgiving to say the least. Believe me, I know..."

She finished up her drawing by adding some color, rubbing pieces of the sketch with her finger dipped in blue dye. Eventually she handed Anora a drawing of a gorgeous blue dress. It had no arms, a deep neckline and narrow straps over the shoulders to support the weight of the cloth. The bodice and skirt appeared to have to be cut from the same length of cloth as she had not added any notes for seams to that part of the dress. She had seen fit to use two different shades of blue, one for the dress and one for an underskirt and some small detailing to the dress itself.

"Is this anything to your liking then Andie?"
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora had been trying to watch what Priscilla was doing, her fingers sliding over items on the table. They itched to pick something up and put it in her pocket, but she fought the urge. Suddenly, there was a voice behind her. Turning quickly, the noted the small adhiel who had been on the ship that found her. She gave Chrisaliel a smile, then turned her gaze back to the seamstress.

"Oh, that is lovely. What do you think?," she asked the small adhiel, surprised to find a familiar face.
[color=darkblue][i][b]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.[/b][/i][/color]
Dorothy Parker

Chrisaliel Mithroldyn
Civus

”Oh, yes! Very pretty,” Chris agreed, looking past Anora to the drawing. The Adhiel regarded the fabric with some interest, her family, at the female side, being in the business of weaving. She could weave and sew a little herself, but did not have the enthusiasm for it that her mother and grandmothers shared.

“Is this fabric made on Pan’s Isle, madam?” Chris asked the shopkeeper, thinking of what this woman might create with the fine cloth that her family produced. “My family weave on Kislovan.”

Somehow she must find a way to turn the conversation to her plans, so that she might enquire of the Human girl’s. The problem was, of course, that, from the moment that Chrisaliel decided to leave the ship and follow the young amnesiac, she began improvising. She had no plans. Yet.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"A lot of it is, indeed. Though like I told Andie here earlier, I am lucky to get some very nice fabrics from all over the Seven Isles what with the port having been expanded to include trade ships too. Before, back in Tal'Fea, I used to get shipments all the time. Cost a pretty banner back then. Lucky the pirates see fit not to charge me as much." A wicked smile appeared on her face as she said that.

"The ones I intend to use for this one..." Her hands brushed past the bolts which were placed on the table. "...are actually from Amun Rah. Fine weavers they have there, very subtle silks and linens."

She seemed to like the compliments the two women gave the seamstress as she took to another piece of paper and started to blot out a cutting pattern with measurements and all sorts of lines and numbers to indicate cuts, folds and seams.

"Ah, so you're from a family of weavers? Kislovan you say? Fine island, fine people. Been there once or twice back in the day. Tell me, what's your family name? Might have some bolts lying around with your seal on them." She winked.

Chrisaliel Mithroldyn
Civus

“Ah, yes,” Chrisaliel nodded to the seamstress’s assessment of the Amun Rah weavers.

“I am,” she added, in response to the woman’s questions. “Cerleann, to be precise.” And then to her additional question, “Mithroldyn and Gysurdrenn are my family’s names. Both my grandmothers are weavers, as is my mother.”

“You shall look very fetching, Andie,” Chris offered Anora in an effort to bring her back into the conversation. “Shall you be staying in Aveas long then?”
Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora had been fingering a piece of ribbon that was on the table idly as she listened to the conversation between Chrisaliel and Priscilla, one brow rising as they discussed weavers. The name of Kislovan meant nothing to her, neither did Amun Rah. It was strange, really. Only Citadel had made something flash in her mind and that had only been for a small percentage of a flicker.

Then she was drawn back into the conversation, the ribbon missing from the table. "I don't know how long I shall be staying. I need to find my past first before I can contemplate my future," she said with a shrug. "But for now, I'll stay here."
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

OOC: I apologize, I had assumed you'd continue the conversation.

Priscilla continued about her business for a bit while the two women exchanged banter. A few burns later though she turned to Anora again and looked her up and down a few times.

"It will take me a while to get your new dress ready dear. In the meantime..." She fiddled a bit with the clothes Anora was wearing, by her leave only, sticking a few pins here and there, sewing a few quick stitches and adding a sash to the whole ensemble. After she was finished, which took only a burn or three, Anora's clothes fit a lot better, and even their look was slightly acceptable.

"Mind you, this is only temporary and those stitches won't hold if you go play tug of war, so don't do anything funny. Yours is my only commission right now so time permitting I should have something for you tomorrow."

Chrisaliel Mithroldyn
Civus

The adjustments to her dress were certainly an improvement that detracted from that starved waif look the huge garment had given her. Priscilla knew her business. Chris tucked away the possibility of employment with the seamstress, should she need it, in the back of her mind. Just now there was a more urgent need: shelter.

"Have you a place to stay this night, Andie?" she asked Anora. "I was just going in search of something for myself when I spotted you."

It was good timing for Anora that the seamstress was not busy just now. If she planned to stay and seek employment herself, the girl would need to be properly dressed. Of course, medical attention should be high on the priority list too, the young Adhiel woman considered. Perhaps she would suggest that later.
Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora was grateful for the adjustments to her garments, smiling then murmuring her thanks. "No tug of war, I promise," she said with a giggle. Who plays tug of war with clothes? Well, maybe it was a custom here. How was she to know?

Chrisaliel's words had her turning towards the door with a gesture. "Taldren was going to take me to the..." She paused as she tried to remember the name of the establiment Paloma had said she was to go to. "The Nymph and Satyr." She smiled after she said it, as though very proud of herself for having remembered that much. "I think that is what Paloma said."
Dorothy Parker

Chrisaliel Mithroldyn
Civus

“The Nymph and Satyr?” Chris repeated aloud, wondering at the suggestive name. Well, this could prove interesting. “I wonder if they would have another room? Do you mind if I go along with you?” she suggested, hoping that the girl would agree. Of course, she might have other plans that did not leave room for a tag-along.

Chrisaliel shifted her pack a little. It had been quite some times since she last carried her belongings on her back like this.
Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Chrisaliel's question had Anora turning and smiling broadly at her. "I would enjoy the company. If they do not have a second room, you could stay with me," she offered, glad to have a friendly face. She noted the way the smaller girl shrugged her pack. "Would you like me to carry that for you? I don't have one, so am traveling much lighter."
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Outside the shop, Taldren seemed to be lingering. He glanced in the window, apparently a little uncertain if everyone in the store was decent. It did not appear there was anyone in the front room of the shop however, so he stepped in and closed the door behind him with an audible "thud". Walking up to the curtain which separated the women from him, he coughed and then continued;

"Hello?"

Return to “Triangle Islands”