Mother Temple - Jygust 30th, TT 3rd Mark

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Post by Lir Calysta Markby »

"I am a healer of sorts. Well traveled from various places and I guess my step father had taught me his trade. He believed I had a knack for it and I never shun the chance to learn something new." What she said was safe enough. One could not really say she was raped by her 'real' father and sold to pirates looking for some slaves where they molested her repeatedly and then left her to be patched up by a ship's healer who was on land during an off season. Yes, definitely much safer.

"Often times just walking out in the world may give you the chance to open your eyes to what you might have an interest in." She offered other advice. Her own life not being very polished. "What do you have an interest in doing, or do you believe you have a talent for? Sometimes you can always try to recall a memory of someone praising you for a deed that you had just accomplished..." It was something, and answered as best as one could while still keeping harmful secrets safe.

It was not that she did not trust this new acquaintance, but perhaps to protect her. Lir had no idea what would happen to her 'real' father now that she found out he was still alive, but it was best to not involve others especially an outsider.

"I've learned that in every situation, you should be proud but gracious as well. Strangely enough, it does put a foot above the people that mean to step all over you."

~edit: typo
Last edited by Lir Calysta Markby on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beautiful avatar by [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe![/url] ^_^
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Post by Deianeira Saitheria »

What do I want to do? The thought went off insider her mind. Deianeira had never really given thought to it. " I don't know." she whispers. "I suppose, I wanted to be a Lady of some sort... fancy clothing, nice house, nice husband, a couple of children." she smiles, at that idea. " But I know that's more or less something far off... I like singing but I want to learn to be a healer as well. I want to really do something brighten peoples day. Or perhaps healer their bodies, I want to do both... or maybe train horses. I guess I haven had much direction in my life." she frowns.

"Not enough to be on a single path and choose it for myself. My brothers kind of raised me, and they all do different things, though their wives are coowners of a small tavern-inn, here in Citadel... I don't think they need a forth party. I sing there sometimes, put a little spending money in my pocket... but I was scared to death when I got up there and felt eyes on me, starring at me, men and women wanting me." she sighs. "I pannic and forgot the words ... but I still sang... it felt good . Forgetting the words, making them up as I went and developing a romantic tale, using my voice." Her eyes closed, perhaps she let mind slip back to that time on stage.

"Praise for something I've done? Singing mostly, looking pretty mostly... maybe that's what made me believe I was going to become a courtesan-like mother. A part of me still wants to live that high live. Mingle with society above me, touch that pool of water, that's clear and refined and fresh. Not that down here isn't refreshing... its just not as clear or inviting. At least not when you live in it. Do you think I am wishing too much?"
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

"Most Ladies come from noble birth and others aren't usually accepted, but I'll bet there are ways to buy your way into higher society, if that is how it works here." It's been so long. The healer listened to the girl talk about her dreams and nodded every now and then. To be so innocent...I wonder if I would be in the same place as her if I wasn't thrown away by my father?

"It seems you have quite a bit of interest, but often times it is nice to try a bit of each to actually know what you are getting into. I would say that healing would be a nice start, people love warmth and you do find some gratification in helping people in that way, but I'll bet training horses have their own reward and exhilaration as well." She caught the expression that Deianeira gave regarding her first experience singing and smiled. "I guess all I can really contribute as advice is do what your heart desires but beware of the romance that might blind you. One doesn't always get what one wants and I would imagine there would be quite a bit of disappointment along the way. I would think that life of a bard or even life of a high society courtesan or lady is just as difficult if you are not properly trained for the hardships that might attach to you during this life.

A warm smile lit up Lir face, "You are not wishing too much, in fact, you should keep wishing, and wanting. It is what will drive you and make you strong. I hope that helps a bit."
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Deianeira smirked. "Romance, I think that is what I want- so much... but I know that's not really possible. At least- I know I want such things. But how does one go about stepping into high society?" She asks softly. "How does one go about learning such things... masquarading as Courtesan or Lady, or becoming a healer. What about you, Miss Lir, what is that you do? You're not a priestess and yet you give advice like one? Unless you are a Priestess of Pan perhaps..." she tries to think but shakes her head.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

"Me? I am a healer." She smiled, "No where near being a priestess, but they are kind enough to teach me and further my own knowledge on how to heal." She tilted her head not quite knowing where Deianeira was going with her thought, "A priestess of Pan? I do not understand what you mean."

Lir waited to see if the girl would explain her comment and then continued on. "Pretending to be something you are not can cause a lot of trouble I would imagine. High society does not want pretenders at their court from what I have caught on, that's why some people can be down right nasty." Of course she had a lot more negative things to say but held her tongue. "To be a lady, I would imagine you could do so by finding culture and marrying yourself into a renown family that has a title. As for a Courtesan, I would imagine it would just be a life of broken promises. Does your mother seem happy, not an actress' happiness but a true happiness in her station in life?"

The ship healer couldn't imagine enjoying what Deianeira's mother did. It would make her pull a knife out and cut...she curbed her dark thoughts remembering her own position. She managed to remain relaxed and interested towards the discussion.
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

The girl didn't explain her comment, she if anything seemed caught up in her thoughts. " I guess I can see how pretending might be bad. But isn't it sometimes nessacery? I mean to not pretend sometimes means you're missing some parts of the world." she smiles. "Like plays, the actors have to act, in order to do their jobs. My mother once said..." she sighs. "that acting is important, her job was important. I don't know if her hapiness was that of an actress, when I was able to visit- it always seemed genuine but it could have been acted."

She looks focused for a moment and then seems to touch on something. "That's horrible then... now I see why mother didn't want it for me. She figured I'd probably break." She looks at Lir. "I am sorry to burden you with all of this, you don't even know me and here I am spilling such details about my life. You must think me horrible, I only talk about myself... and here I am using 'I' again. I shouldn't do that."
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

"It is not a burden to share especially when someone invites you to speak. You feel heavy with all these thoughts weighting you down, it is only natural to talk about it to sort through all of your concerns. I do not feel that you are horrible. If I was not interested of your concerns I would never have asked." She replied lightly with a consoling smile.

"Unfortunately, I will need to leave you soon. I believe the High Priestess was going to instruct me on a few things. I feel that you will be all right though. Keep caring and keep your fire close." Lir hoped that would be helpful. "Also, have a lovely time at this party."
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Standing. "I need to get moving myself. I have a life to live and party to attend." she smiled. "Thank you for listening." she whisperes. She runs a hand across her arms. "Thank you so much." She offers a low head bob before turning to leave.
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Lir also stood up and bowed her head slightly, "And I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Good day, Deianeira."

After the girl left, the healer would head towards the High Priestess' quarters to see if she is was available for an audience. She had other things to do for this investigation but wanted to see what the Mother might have as insight for this.

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”