[Dort] The Lights are much Dimmer There [Jyg 30 MT]

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

Guido gave an inward sigh. The poor woman is paranoid! Still, it goes with the job, I expect. I’m sure she has to deal with all sorts of unsavoury types.

“I apologise if I might seem rude,” replied Guido in a sympathetic voice, levering himself off the barrel. He moved to one side of the woman so she could clearly see that he posed no threat. Yet, he stayed a little back from her, mindful of her warning concerning what the package might contain.

He brushed his neck with one hand to check his beloved neck wasn’t made of rubber. Having satisfied himself, he folded his hands and waited for his companion to proceed.
Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

As the pouch was opened, out came a few pieces of metal of various hues. Along with that came a lot of powder. It was very fine and had the colour of ash, but heavier.

Bernice knew the powder, as residues of it could be found the face of most of the folk that had been arrested lately for assault.

Guido, on the other hand, could clearly make out a a bronze and golden circular piece of metal. Their diameters no wider than two fingers. The bronze had a simple carved pattern over it, while the golden piece bore a markings that might be a written language. It resembled something like the dwarven runes he had seen before in a book the Lycaeum, some of the markings recurring more often than others.
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

"Fuck!!"

Bernice tried to hold her breath not to breath the stuff in and stepped away from it, putting her back to the door.

"That's some nasty shit, don't breath the shit in!"

She raised her hands defensively, making sure he didn't get any of it on him before looking to herself. Keeping her breathing shallow, she didn't know how fast the stuff spread if it did at all.

"You... get out of the room and get another guard here now. Check yourself to make sure you didn't get any of that stuff on you and call another guard. I'm going to try and close that damn bag. No matter what happens, if I start screaming or trying to break down the door, keep the fucking room closed!"
Guido Cercatoro

Merda. Good job I followed my instinct and stayed back from the pouch.

Guido quickly moved the green scarf he always wore around his neck to cover his face to avoid any chance of breathing in the powder. He needed no second bidding to get out of the room and did as Bernice instructed. He shut the door behind him, carefully checked over his clothes for any signs of the powder and looked around for the other guard. Should he spot the guard, he would rapidly inform him of what had transpired in the room.

“We must keep this door shut,” he said finally to the guard. It was only then that the object he had witnessed registered fully in his mind. A bronze and golden artifact with dwarven runes. I must get a closer look. Was this what I had been brought here to examine? Still. Self-preservation comes first.

He stood by the door waiting to hear what transpired. He would be ready to assist the guard to keep the door shut, should the need arise.
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

She checked herself before she held her breath. If anything spilled on the table, she wouldn't be able to pick it up. No, just enough to lift the pull string and shut it again with the contents inside. Even though she wouldn't get anything off the table, just shutting the damn thing would make it safer in the room.

She tried to have the hands of a surgeon, seeing if there was a way that she could lift the pull string and shut it without spilling any more of the vile powder. If she couldn't hold her breath long enough, she would step away from it until she could get another breath and try again.
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Guido, standing a little back of Bernice and the pouch had no problem escaping the cloud of fine dust. Syndi opened the door as he knocked on it, looking surprised when she found him with the scarf before his head. Opening the door set about the air flow in the room and the cloud of dust dispersed covering a wider area, getting sucked towards them.

As Guido closed the door, Syndi turned the key as she had the nagging feeling that something awful was going on.

The guard was still in the common room, but was running to Guido and the serving girl as he was motioned to do. "Keep the door shut? It's locked! It's done! And by the way," he said, looking through slits, "where is sergeant Potts?"

[hr][/hr]

Bernice noticed the powder to be on her clothes and several places on her hands. Since there was no mirror, she couldn't know about her face and neck, but sure enough the powder had exploded onto those parts too. She didn't know whether it would work fast or not, nor whether it would work on touch. No way she could get it off with what was in the room.

Closing the bag wasn't hard to do, but the damage was done. Whether breathing shallow worked or not, she didn't know. For now, however, she felt like she always did. Healthy, nothing tampering with her constitution.

The click of the lock had been loud and ominous. Alone, in a place with only a lamp and barrels and sacks. Alone with a pouch containing a hazardous powder and two coins.

Special:
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

She gulped. She kept telling herself "it's okay! The worst that will happen is you'll go insane, right?". Yes, she was scared as she stepped away from the main front of powder, but she tried to keep her breathing shallow to perhaps stall the inevitable.

One tear fell from her eye, but she refused to start bawling, wondering what it was going to feel like and if she would ever be the same again. She leaned against the door, looking to the ceiling. Yeah, the way she did things wasn't the smartest, but she had to officially know what was in it, rubbernecker or no.

On the bright side, if she knew how the stuff worked for herself... she could now easily determine who was infected with it in the future if she survived. Bernice had no idea how much was too much, but if it was just to the face, she was screwed... and screwed royally.

She looked up to the sky sheepishly while she still had her sanity.

"'Ey Red... 'ope you got an insanity plea. I... if I do anything crazy, don't 'old it against me, okay?"
Guido Cercatoro

Guido quickly explained to the guard what had transpired. “Sergeant Potts opened a pouch that contained some sort of powder. She ordered me out of the room as she thought it may be dangerous. I am not of this city and so I have no idea what the powder might be. I thought it prudent to obey her instructions to have the door locked.” I see no option but to follow her instructions.

He glanced first to Syndi and then to the guard. “Have either of you any idea what this powder might be and how we might help your sergeant?”
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Slowly Bernice could feel the drugs take their effects. Her vision blurred and her heart beat faster and faster. Uncontrolled emotions, anger, hate, aggression, took the better of her.

[hr][/hr]

"Did Sergeant Potts get any of the powder on her?!" the guard asked frantically as the word powder had been mentioned. Before Guido could answer he nodded and continued "I see...". Immediately he took the key from Syndi, unlocking the door.

The guard knew what the drugs would do to one and he didn't hesitate. Taking the scabbard quickly off his belt, he told Guido to open the door with quickly.

As soon as the door was opened, he stepped in, swinging the scabbard with the sword still inside it. It hit Bernice square on the jaw with such force that she passed out immediately. The cloud of powder seemed to have been dispersed. Traces could be seen on the walls and shelves. The pouch itself lay in a corner on the floor, closed.

OOC: Bernice, you may make a reply to the first part until you get smacked by the sword. That's where you fade out and we'll take further care of you. Good luck with your replacement character. Oh, she isn't dead.
Last edited by Adanedhel on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Special:
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

I'm just gonna go insane...

That's it... nothing serious right?

Right?

Right?!

Her fists started pounding on the door behind her... not in a panicked mode, but something akin to someone trying to bash to door down.

Nothin'... wrong with that, right?

Her emotion-crazed eyes looked to the ceiling as she slowly started to stand up, tears streaming down her eyes as the pounding was starting to become increased in strength. Soon she began tearing her fists into the door... not to get out, but for the blessed need to destroy something.

Hey... this is... almost fun! Hahaha! ... I hit the door!

There was just something utterly fascinating about breaking her knuckles on the door. She was hitting it so hard that her leather gloves were beginning to crack in the areas that her punches hit. She thought she busted down the door when it gave way to her punching, but that was about the time her world turned black.

If she were in her right mind, she would have thanked the poor sod who did that, but her last view of the splinters on the ground made her too content with herself.

Ah well... it was fun while it lasted...

OOC: Thanks much! I really appreciate this! :)

Return to “Triangle Islands”