Merchant Wars - Down on the Docks. (Jygust 30th TT) Open

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Merchant Wars - Down on the Docks. (Jygust 30th TT) Open

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

The docks were crowded as people pushed and shoved their way back and forth. The word was out that the 'Fascination' was looking for a new crew. Many heard that the last crew maid a fortune, and now need not work. In truth most of those men were standing in line, with everyone else. Each waiting to sign on. For most sailors the money they make is spent in wine, women, and song, and that only last so long.

Behind two barrels and a small piece of plank, that served as a desk, stood a burly man. He greeted everyone in a deep gruff voice.

"Ahoy there matey! What be ye pleasure?"
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Avatar provided by allavatars.com artist Flingling.
Gani Young
Civus

Post by Gani Young »

Gan stood in line with the rest of the people trying to get on board The Fascination, holding a chest full of his wanted possessions with him. He was wearing the tunic, breeches and sandals he found in the chest back at the Burpin' Dragon. He wore a belt holding a dagger and a cutlass, also taken from the chest. His own personal dagger was sheathed beneath his breeches. If any sudden danger came to the achadhiel, he would most likely be unable to reach his own dagger in time and would have to rely on the cutlass and other dagger. Gani studied the crowd around him while waiting for his turn, examining the most intimidating of them, trying to mimic their mannerisms.

"'Ello there," he said as he approached the make-shift desk, trying to conjure up the most realistic accent he could make up, "The name's Jack. Jack Hayes. I'd like to join the crew of The Fascination, if I may do so, sir. I may not look like it, but I'm able to make my way around a ship quite easily. I'm also in this for the adventure, not the gold. I don' expect you to pay me much. Just been tryin' to find me some adventures aboard differen' ships, hopin' t' end up like Nestlingway one day." He then studied the man which he assumed was Largos carefully while making sure he didn't lose eye contact with the man for too long.
Those who seek power will find it... And will be consumed by it.
[i] Avatar from drakonis.org, with minor editing by me. [/i]
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

The man behind the desk gave the young lad a sideways glance. Then he smiled and stretched out his hand.

"So ye say your name be Jack, Jack Hayes. I be called Thomas Gibbs. Mr. Gibbs is what most call me, for I be the Bosun for the second watch. I be right pleased to meet you."

Mr. Gibbs had a genuine smile on his face as he waited for Jack to shake his hand.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Gani Young
Civus

Post by Gani Young »

Gani let out an inward sigh, slightly lowering his shoulders in disappointment. Not Largos. And from the looks of it, this Mr. Gibbs was not the least bit interested in Jack Hayes' enthusiasm towards Adrian Nestlingway. The man's smile took away some of Gani's frustration.

"Pleased to meet you, too, sir," he said as he shook Mr. Gibbs' hand, the man's smile calming him down by the second. His own smile grew into something natural and unforced, as well.
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

"So your name be Jack."

As he talked to the boy he twisted his hand up ward to look at his palm.

"Well me boil I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but by the feel of you hand you haven't worked on a ship at all have you."

The Bosun released the lads hand, with an apologetic smile on his face.

"I know that times be hard, but if you don't have experience. I can't use you. Sorry lad please step aside."

Gani Young
Civus

Post by Gani Young »

Panic surged through Gani and he slammed his hands down onto the stand. "Wait! ...Okay, okay, so I might have lied about having hands-on experience with ships,' he said hurriedly, not noticing the loss of his accent, "but everything else is true! I thirst for adventure, Mr. Gibbs, in ways you can't imagine. You don't even have to pay me! I know how to get money on-land! I already know some information about ships and I'm a very fast learner! Oh, please, sir, I'm begging you, give me a chance! I won't disappoint. I rarely ever do. Please. I'll do anything you ask of me. I just want to travel the world. It's beautiful across the seas, isn't it, Mr. Gibbs? Please don't take my dream away from me, sir."

Gan himself couldn't believe how emotional he had gotten. As much as he was acting, he truly did not want to fail his real employer so early on. These emotions fueled his acting. His senses coming back to him, he made sure he had a serious, determined face on. He did not want to come out as whiny to the man.

"I'll do anything. . ." he said one more time, hoping to place more impact on his words.
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Three things happen in response to Jacks outburst.

First: Two of the sailors who were in the line, to load stores onto the ship, put down the items they were caring, and moved towards the make shift table.

Second all the people who were in line behind Jack moved far away from Jack, and the Bosun.

Third and most important Mister Gibbs came out from behind the table to explain the facts of life to Jack.

Then Mister Gibbs spotted a young gentleman in a Black Frock coat walking towards them.A strange glow appeared in his eyes as a wicked grin crossed his face. The Bosun quickly made his way to the Second Mate and was talking to him for sometime.

The man in the fancy coat pass by Jack and gave him the once over. He turn to Mister Gibbs and gave him an approving nod. Thomas made his way back to the table and smiled at Jack.

"Master Coin will be needing a cabin boy for this trip. Would ye be interested in the position lad?"

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”