OOC: Creating a Kanthrop character?

Moderator: Mods

Tygress
Retired Game Designer

OOC: Creating a Kanthrop character?

Post by Tygress »

Just to make things a bit easier, I've included the basic things a GD is going to be looking for in your charactersheet for a Kanthrop.

First off, since it is a Special Request Race, be sure you meet the requirements and fill out the application found HERE.

Now then, please use this as a checklist when creating your Kanthrop character, and you'll be amazed how smoothly the process should go! :)

•Starting place must be Etherial Isle or location within.
•Age should be 28-50 (Age factor of 2x.)
•Background should reflect Kanthrop history/culture.
•Must purchase Kanthrop Starting Kit
---Males must indicate in comment section their two weapon choices. (Remember to choose appropriate weapon skills or they must be learnt IC!)
---Females must indicate in comment section their one weapon choice. (Remember to choose appropriate weapon skills or they must be learnt IC!)
•Must purchase Bartering Package
•Must spend remaining 1 coronet for 'personal items'
•Kanthrop should indicate either in comments or description what animal form they take.
•Can not purchase beast of burden.
•Can not choose Armor or large weapon skill.
•Free Skills: Language [Common] -Master, Inner Animal -Basic (Note: this brings your starting skills to 12.)
•Must also choose: Theory of Energy Focus -Basic

If you have any questions about creating a Kanthrop character post them here, or in the OOC Players Area Q&A Forum! :)
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Post by Tygress »

Just a note on Kanthrop backgrounds, and interacting with other Kanthrop:

NO Kanthrop grows up knowing who his or her parents are. They are raised communally. This is not a way of abandoning their children. Kanthrop see it as the proper way, as this way no child is EVER neglected or abused.

Also, due to the small communal upbringing and the fact there is only one small isle and one village in which a Kanthrop can grow up, ALL Kanthrop, BY default know each other, at least by sight, if not on a friendly basis. Please remember to role play this/put this in your backgrounds correctly.

Thank you :)
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Tesalyn

Post by Tesalyn »

This may seem silly, but I'm curious to know about last names. I'm assuming there wouldn't be such a thing as a "family" name. Where would the last name come from? Does a Kanthrop need a last name? Or would it be something only used outside of Etherial?

Last edited by Tesalyn on Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Post by Tygress »

They have "family" names, but only in that their "family" is whether they are a dolphin, cat, wolf, bird of prey etc. :)

I don't think a lot of Kanthrop bother with surnames. In fact, I imagine its much like some native American cultures, where there is a birth name, and any other names after that are given through deeds and such :)

So in other words, no they dont need one, but yes they can have one :)
Tesalyn

Post by Tesalyn »

Thank you Tygress, all clear for me now :)

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”