Entrance Thread-Samheen 7, 10

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Thorus Ironhammer

Post by Thorus Ironhammer »

"ay lads, thank ye for the gracious welcome, the Limping Faerie it is then." he looked to the disappearing Baldwin calling out, "wait up there lad, me legs are not as long as yours and I still be a little unsure of me footing".
Hurrying after the Half-Elf Thorus began to look around him at the sites of the town inside the walls also attempting to avoid the early morningtide crowds making their way about their business with a little less success than his more nibble companion.

OCC MidnightsKurse: Thanks for the welcome to the game. Is there a thread for the Limping Faerie, or can we create one.
Last edited by Thorus Ironhammer on Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grysplin

Post by Grysplin »

OOC: Time stamp: 10th, Samheen, morningtide
thats right.... right?

IC:

Grysplin walks up to the guards near the gate, he is tired from carrying his pack. As he gets closer and closer he looks up at the buildings, not noticing before how tall they were. He looks back down to the guards, then to the buildings past. His family's smithy couldnt be seen, then remembering the guards he looks to them. Seeing the familiar green and hearing the greeting of the the guards he forces a smile and says: "Aye nice to see you my elf friends, I am on me way to my famly's smithy here in town, and maybe a stop at the tavern." He lets out a laugh and smiles, not a forced smile a real one, he takes his pack off his shoulders and sets it on the ground, leaning against his leg.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The guards smile and motion him through, they recognized him as they let him through this morning.

OOC: Welcome, Grysplin! If you will you can make your own thread in wich you enter the city. I or another mod will take it up from there.

IC:
Ralum wrote:Ralum the Half-Giant looks up at the high walls, admiring the workmanship of such walls build by little men. Ralum smells the air and smells something he has never smelled before... He bangs his fist on the gate hoping for admittance.

<b><center>Timestamp: Samheen 10th, early morningtide</center></b>

The guards at the gates frown as they see the half-giant banging on the open gate doors. One of them approaches him, hi hand on the hilt of his blade: "Good morning, sir. Might I enquire what you are doing?"
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Ralum

Ralum Half-Giant

Post by Ralum »

OOC: Timestamp: Samheen 10th, early morningtide

IC:

Ralum frowns at the guard's hand resting on his hilt. Then says " What kind of tree thing is big enough to make this... Ralum points to the gate he was just banging his fist against. "ooh and let me introduce myself to you little guard man, My Name is Ralum of Amun Rah, Son to Razua of Amun Rah. Ralum's chest swells with pride. And what be your name little guard man??". Extending his arm out in respect for the little guard man.
Last edited by Ralum on Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

While the first guard appraoched the half giant, he had taken a quick look up at the wall to see that his back was covered. Two guardsmen, both armed with bows and notched arrows waited without drawing the string back in case there was trouble.

Satisfied with his fellows he was unhappy however when the brute began referring to him as 'little guardman'. When Ralum extended his hand his first reaction was to draw his blade and remove the offending appendage, but his training would not allow it. Slowly extending his own hand he accepted the half giants, expecting something to happen at any moment.

"Ralum of Amun Rah, what is it that brings you to Cairbara?" refusing to give his own name while being referred to in such a demeaning way.
Ralum

Ralum Half-Giant

Post by Ralum »

IC:

"I have heard that Cairbara is a town of many cultures, and races. He had thought he would find adventure among the elves. Wanting to learn among the elves as to keep his rage in check. Knowing that they are experts in grace and patience

"I have hearding there be many little mans around here". Glances at the little man guards with there tiny bows" I hope they would teach me to be calm in battle".Gives a toothy smile, to the little guard man, and glances to his partner."What those little man guards with tiny sticks doing little guard man??"
Last edited by Ralum on Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

A proud people these emerald guardsmen, they didnt seem to like the idea of being called little very much as was evident when the guard talking to Ralum drew his blade and held it between himself and the half giant.

"Who do you think you are giant? Come around here hurtling insults like that. For your information those are arrows, and on a word you will have one protruding from each of your eye sockets!" the elven features curled in a snarl. "Dolle naa lost*, if you have come to learn about battle I will be happy to oblige you." Regardless of his comparative size, the elf certainly looked as though he knew how to handle that blade of his.

Making no further move at the moment the guards waited for the lumbering oaf to respond...

OOC: *Your head is empty
Ralum

Ralum Half-Giant verge of bloodlust

Post by Ralum »

IC:

"I be Ralum, you have yet to tell me your name."Long pause....His eyes show a rage tearing at the walls of his will."You got a rage, for such a little guard man, why don't you put away that knife, you couldn't teach me about battle, the way you act now." Ralum trying hard to control the bloodlust in him from taking over."Do you wish to battle with me for no reason?"

OOC:Im just playing him the way I set him up I believe in staying IC as best as possible.
Last edited by Ralum on Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

"What possible business could your kind have here giant?" the elven guardsman snarled at his oversized opponent. "You would be suprised at what I could teach you of battle.

The elves atop the wall with their bows seemed to be fidgeting unsure of what to make of the situation below.

When Ralum made no move to bring force to bare, the elf slowly sheathed the wicked little blade. "I'll not be responsible if this is a trick giant, but think well next time you address those like myself as you did. Not all of them are as forgiving as myself..."

"Be weary Ralum, but now tell me why it is that one of ours should teach you anything?"
Ralum

Ralum the Half-Giant

Post by Ralum »

IC:
"I have no truth reason other then i need help in controlling my rage..." Ralum pauses. "I only come on the chance that I will control that rage."The rage seems to leave his eyes."You never did tell me your name little guard..."Ralum clears his throat."Guard man."scratchs head.
Last edited by Ralum on Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Galleorn

Post by Galleorn »

OOC: Hey everyone. I'll be taking over for Midnight Kurse for a while. Have fun. :)

IC:

The guard eyed Ralum threateningly as he came close to slipping up again as the giant addressed him, but stood back to let the giant pass.

"My name is of no consequence. You may enter," was all he said. He was not fond of the giant, and so did not wish to speak with him any longer. Still, he seemed genuine in his motives, so the guards duty was to let him through.

Though the guard had stepped out of Ralum's path, and the guards, in general, were paying him, little attention now, theywere still watching him - just in case.
Last edited by Galleorn on Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ralum

Ralum the Half-Giant

Post by Ralum »

IC:
The Giant shrugs his huge shoulders."Good bye then"Ralum enters the city of Cairbara.Ralum thinks " where to go first..." the thought of ale pops into his head."Now just to find some ale"Ralum smiles at the thought of the ale dancing across his touge.
Last edited by Ralum on Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “T'aquar Archive”