Less Traveled By

Moderator: Mods

Lira

Post by Lira »

Images swirled up and around him like a noxious cloud, sifting through his brain and becoming more real than the room around him. Images and creatures that had woken him from restless nights as a child whispered and slinked around him, promise of menace and pain in their posture. But he was not a child, and he did not wake - they were not real, and somehow he knew that.

They fled, and he found himself in a place of gray. Lights of every color flickered in beams in random spots around the gray room, and an old man - his familiar face a wrinkled and aged version of Dun's own - looked back at him. He smiled, and it was an expression of mixed regret and vindication. "I did warn you." And Dun remembered. He remembered this room - remembered being here in a dream earlier.

The old man moved like one who had seen pain and time and wasn't really glad to have survived either. His eyes were unreadable and distant and the lights flickered over his sallow skin, turning it shades of colors that painted him in with different emotions his face alone did not seem to feel.

The lights resolved themselves into steady flares. One shone white and strangely opaque. It felt like nothing. Like emptiness. Another flared bright as crimson and flame and flickered unsteadily. It felt like chaos and uncertainty. A third shone blue and steady, and its energy felt calm, lovely, welcome. The last was a burning green. It felt like movement, like time, and like truth.

And the old man smiled. "Do you remember? Last time you woke up. Ended the game and didn't see. Now here we are again. Do you understand yet? She's been waiting for you." He could see the room around him vaguely, like a heat vision in a desert. It seemed frozen, unmoving.

OOC: Ack. I'm sorry Dun. I had this set to alert me when you posted and it never did, or I didn't see it or something.
Dun

Post by Dun »

Dun had finally had it with making conclusions on his own. From the day everything started and the first vision came to him he had been running around blind from one peril to the other facing things that surpassed reality, with everything he belived destroyed and now feeling like long forgotten. His head started to hurt trying to make sense and give meaning to it all. Holding it with both hands he closed his eyes without knowing why.

"That is enough!" - He yelled to his future self - "I dont understand!! Who is she? What is this? What has happened? What IS happening?! Talk to me! Explain it once and for all!"

OOC: Ok, back, sorry it took me so long!

Return to “On the Road Archive”