A Secret Meeting (Isabella)

Moderator: Mods

A Secret Meeting (Isabella)

Post by Guest »

Bill Irons stood on the aft deck looking out to sea, the direction that they came from. The one lamp at the rear barely lighting him up standing there.

His thoughts hidden to himself, wondering if she would come as he asked.

It was five burns after midnight, he vowed to wait another ten at most, and then return to his cabin.

With a sigh, he stared once more out to sea, his mind and body a turmoil of thoughts and emotions.
Isabella Florentina
Countess Companio, "Countess Cabernet"

Post by Isabella Florentina »

A dark shadow moved in the darkness, coal black eyes reflecting the moonlight as she suddenly appeared before him, looking up from under the hood of her cloak.

"I could be in serious trouble for this, sailor Irons, " the lady whispered with a touch of irony, "so it better be good."
[size=92][color=darkred] [b][i]
Together they planned a power and a love that would be envied forever.
Who was to know that forever would be so short?[/i][/size][/color][/b]

Post by Guest »

** Bill Irons **

Bill turned and looked at Isabella upon her approach and words his mind a flurry of thought when he saw her. I swore to myself I would not do this again, but I did not expect to see a lady on a vessel such as this.

He bowed his head towards Isabella, his heart beating faster, as he stared into those dark eyes. "Good? my lady, well that is for you to decide is it not, I am but a humble sailor am I not". having not missed Isabella's irony in her words.

"I took an oath years ago not to get involved...", his voice trailed away as a look of hurt and sadness was etched on his face and eyes for barely a flicker.
"Yet I find myself drawn to a lady once more, he...he.... does not deserve such as you".
Once more his voice faltered, then a couple of flickers later...

"You are very beautiful you know".
Isabella Florentina

Isabella drew her cloak closer, peering through the dark "Who are you really... Bill Irons? No sailor I know has such lofty ideas about being equal, nor do they write or manage to give such charming compliments to a lady in obvious distress." She stepped a little closer, and the moonlight played with a stray tear still hanging from her dark eyelashes, "Was she beautiful too, the lady that caused you to take a vow?"

Her breath caught for a moment, as she struggled to keep her shields in place, just enough not to be overwhelmed by his lust, but transparant enough so she could read the rest of his emotions. Isa hesitated, licking her lips unconciously before adding "Do not mock me. I am a Rose, and entered this contract to Count De Bessnie of my own free will. I just believed... " Her voice fell away. What had she believed? That things would be easy? That Jacob could be manipulated like she could not manipulate Andolin? That finally riches would be hers, as well as a certain freedom?

Isabella sighed and turned her head away to look out over the sea "It does not matter what I believed. I have made my choice. Now I have to deal with it."[/i]

Post by Guest »

* Bill Irons *

Bill Listened to what Isabella said stepped closer and placed his hand upon her shoulder.
"Choices?, we all have choices to make, some are easy, some are..", he paused for a flicker, "hard".

A sigh escaped his lips as he leaned a little closer.

"Choices are just those my lady, sometimes we can change or avoid the one we make, sometimes we cannot. You have to decide which one of those you think your choice is, and if your reality is not what your belief has turned out to be, then you already have that answer".

His hand began to gently stroke her hair, "As for me, yes she was beautiful, but it was not a vow to her, it was, was....".

His voiced trailed off and he stopped stroking the hair for a flicker or two as a distant memory came to the fore, he shook his head.

He continued to stroke her hair, only now a little closer to Isabella.
"I left to save embarrassment to my family, that was my families choice. I will return one day, and repay Marius for his help, this name, this ship".

His voice went cold for a moment, "Though I think that one would rather keep the debt, than have money".

He turned Isabella's face gently towards him and his voice was once again warm and friendly, feelings emanating from his body that even a non-empath would sense.

"Enough of all that, it is you we should talk about. You are not entirely happy with your, your position, shall we call it. Perhaps I can help you in some way, to makes things more bearable I mean"?
Isabella Florentina

"Marius.." Isabella echoed. Could it be coincidence? She gave him a sly look, an eyebrow arched "Lord de Winter?"

As he inquired into her fate she sighed dramatically before admitting rather truthfully "Well, I'm loath to leave the citadel for more than a day or two, I must admit. Too many things happening in our capital that I want to be part of."

She swallowed her pride and added "Yet the chance offered of marriage, into nobility no less, made this too good to pass up. Of course.. right now I doubt he will keep his hastily spoken words. They are just that to him... words. So I will have to ponder my next steps carefully."

Isa readjusted her hood as she gave him an inquiring look, then asked with a touch of irony "Now ... if you were able to find a way to get a defenseless woman married into nobility, making her a respectable lady who can ply her tr.. ambitions without being plagued by certain individuals at court who seem to delight in prosecuting panlings and roses right into the darkest dungeons... "

Isabella wondered shortly at her forthrightness, then mentally shrugged it off. It was a strange moment, just past midnight, and she'd always thought that moonlit evenings were interesting moments to speak the truth.

Post by Guest »

*Bill Irons*

Bill chuckled at her suggestion of him helping her marry into nobility, and he had not missed the swift change to 'ambition' from what he wasn't sure, but felt she was going to say trade.

"Alas my lady, I am out of the courts for almost three years now. Who may be the person to marry that I do not know. I myself am not the marrying kind, at least not now".

His tone became more tense, "I am shocked at this comment about Panlings and Roses being persecuted, I am not a follower myself, but I believe all have the right to their own lives and belief."

He sighed, "I have been away too long, you must tell me of these happenings, but not right now. Now we just enjoy our own company and thoughts".

He then remember what she had asked earlier, "de Winter?, yes it was he, Marius de Winter".

"Enough of that, it is past, I shall tell you later the debt owed, right now I am concerned about you".

His Hand gently touched her cheek, "That I want you is obvious, but I feel you have put yourself into a position, with this Jacob, you do not really want to be in. You seem venerable right now, and I may be a rogue at times, but I would never take advantage of a woman, no matter how much I wanted to", he paused for a flicker, "She must want me also".

He chuckled again, his bright eyes staring into hers, "It's not easy being a common uncouth sailor, I still have my values and pride".
Isabella Florentina

Isabella hid a smile of triumph. She had been right in coming here. This man presented a link with Lord de Winter. A secret that maybe one day she could turn against the Major Domus, if she managed to help this young lord in hiding. Out of the courts for three yahren. There must be people who know him. Maybe Raoul, sweet Raoul, will know who he is. It was also more than likely Jacob did, and so his ignorance must have been feigned. At this stage Isa considered everything possible. She wouldn't make the same mistake twice of underestimating Count de Bessnie.

She gave Bill an ironic smile, making fun of herself "I am sorry milord Irons, I didn't try and hook you into marriage. I am a silly girl who speaks wistful things on moonlit nighttides like this. I know certain things are unreachable right now and it is unfair of me to burden you with it."

Isabella leaned into his hand, her cheek resting on his warmth, surprised with this show of true gentleness. A noble heart. A feeling of guilt tweaked her, for she was intend on using this man for her own means. "You are too nice for me," the Rose whispered huskily, feeling strangly honorbound to warn him at least once "I will only get you into trouble." Her mind was working like mad. How could she gain further advantage of having a supporter like this man?

Post by Guest »

* Bill Irons *

Bill felt Isabella lean into his hand, and placed the other around her.

"Too nice for me? I do not know about that, though I do know you were not fishing for marriage".

He laughed quietly fearing he might draw attention to them, "As for trouble my lady, I have the reputation for getting into trouble, it seems it is my middle name. If it were not that I was a master navigator, the captain would have left me ashore long ago. Nay my lady, do not concern yourself about any trouble I may get in".

He pulled her to him a little tighter, lifted her chin, and looked into her eyes, "For one such as yourself, a little trouble would be worth it".
Isabella Florentina

Isa didn't resist Bill, allowing him to draw her nearer in the darkness. A little shiver ran through her as the nights breeze played with her thin clothing, the black cloak barely providing enough warmth. Her chin was lifted slightly as she breathed "I would be very grateful for you help, though right now I am at a loss what you could do for me in my miserable situation."

Post by Guest »

* Bill Irons *

Bill felt Isabella shiver in the chill of the night, and his expert touch realised that Isabella, had very little on under the cloak.

He swiftly removed his coat and placed it around Isabella's shoulders, once more wrapping his arms around her, keeping her close, his open shirt billowing slightly in the breeze showing his broad hairy chest.

"There my lady, warmer now I hope. As for help, if it is in my power, then you will have all the help you require".

Bill lifted her head towards his again, and sank into the depths of her eyes. Her lips he could no longer resist and bent down and kissed her gently, fearing she might resist, hoping she would not.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella caressed the coarse sailors jacket, grateful for the additional warmth. She knew what was coming next and she closed her eyes as Bill bent forward. "We shouldn't," she whispered to his lips, "this might be extremely dangerous." Yet, with a quivering sigh, she did not resist his kiss, opening her lips slightly so that he may explore her mouth. Isa withdrew slightly, breathing heavily in the dark.That should bind him too me, the Rose thought satisfied, despite herself quite caught up in her little play.

Her dark eyes searched his face. All the help she required, but what was she going to do with it? "Bill," Isabella said daringly, "can you help me keep Jacob to his word? Here, on this voyage? Captains can perform the ceremony of handfasting, can they not?" And after that... .Isabella's thoughts went into the dark corners of her mind. Lately she had been having very disturbing dreams, and they still called to her during the waking marks. If Jacob refused to allow her the freedom and the riches she craved she would take them as her right, and make sure the count was removed, tragically and suddenly. I am sure I'd make a lovely widow.

Post by Guest »

* Bill Irons *

Bill Reveled in the kiss his tongue searching he mouth, enjoying the taste of her, a sigh escaping his lips as she pulled away.

"Marry him? are you sure? He is refusing you ? I do not know why you want to marry someone like that, but if that is your wish, then I will help you".
He sighed again, "Captains can handfast yes, but I cannot recall Hanrad ever doing so, I will talk with him. He will be reluctant I feel, but I have a little influence with him, so I will try".

His hands caressed her hair, his fingers then ran up and down her spine, as slowly he pulled her closer and closer to him, even though it seemed they were already so close. Anyone now looking over would only see Bill Irons slightly leaning forward.

"As for that Jacob, if he refuses, I will drag him to ceremony if I have to, or my real name is not William Chanberlouse".

He smiled and winked, "That is for tomorrow, tonight I must taste of you again my love".

His strong arms holding her firmly to him as once more he bent his head and kissed her long and deep, his hands exploring the curves of her body, his breath shortening as the need to take her was strong.

He picked up up, his lips still upon hers as he moved behind one of the boats on the deck, now hidden from prying eyes.

Bill may have been a rogue, however William was a gentleman and regardless of the ache he felt, he would never take an unwilling woman. She would have to make the move to let that happen.........
Isabella Florentina

"All I want is for Jacob to hold true to his word," Isabella said innocently, "I will be a dutiful wife and I'm sure that will make him happy in the end. " Which would be upon him shortly, after she had made sure the marriage would be legal in Muchislie. The captain and Bill will testify for me, she thought confidently, and I am sure Andolin can persuade the Ceasar to an edict establishing my rights, giving me a dowager allowance at the very least. The more she thought on it, the more she liked it. Matthew de Bessnie would be her enemy at court, but he was already and Isa liked the thought she would be tweaking his nose. Maybe I should stop using my herbs and produce a De Bessnie heir. Now that would really bring Matthews ire up.

"His reluctance will pass," Isa whispered to Bills lips as he pressed himself against her once more, kissing her passionately. "William," the Rose breathed, triumphant upon learning his name as he picked her up. Her arms wrapped around him quite willing. Isabella had no notion of right and wrong where sexual relationships were concerned. She was not easy. She was a Panling. The sharing of Joy came natural to her without a twing of guilt, even if her body protested slightly against this nights abundant activities. There would be aches in odd places on the morrow. One of her hands busied itself with loosening his shirt, burrowing in his hairy chest, while the other pulled him close as he softly laid her down. Her dark cloak fell open, revealing only her shifty chemise. It was a lacy thing, designed to entice, not to provide warmth or cover. The lingering rose perfum surrounded them both.

To Isa, this was joy in more ways than one, as her plotting finally brought her closer to the riches and freedom she desired. Of course, it would mean her final farewell to the Rose Guild. Regretable, but it was not the Rose that had saved her from the dungeon. One had to face the political reality if one was to survive at court. Isabella shortly wondered what Andolin would think. Would he be triumphant that she had finally taken steps to sever her bonds to the guild? Or would he be insanely jealous?

"Oh.. William..please.." Isabella breathed once more, her dark eyes begging him to continue, and her empathical senses wrapping themselves around him tightly to ensure that passion would block out this mans good sense for he was being made accomplice to murder even if he did not yet realize it.
Last edited by Isabella Florentina on Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

* Bill Irons *

Despite his usual control William found himself getting lost in the intensity of the moment, he barely heard Isabella's words as he hands pulled apart the thin chemise, and allowed him full access to her body.

Releasing her for a hardly any time at all, he divested himself of his remaining clothes, and his naked body was quickly intertwined back with Isabella's.

His kisses ranged over her body, her lips face and breasts, no skin was spared. He entered her as gently as Jacob had taken her roughly. His every action and thought learned over many years, went towards giving them both the most pleasure possible.

Not realising the effect of Isabella's emotive outpouring, he was easily lost in the passing of the time.

Despite the cold, his body was hot, gripped by Isabella's arms and legs, he could do nothing but surrender to the passion, every thrust carrying him not just deeper into Isabella, but also deeper under her spell.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella used every experience she had, which was considerable, to make this a memorable experience to her new protector. She moaned softly under his caresses, letting her hands roam over his back and even daringly lower and lower in front. Yet she carefully maintained an almost maidenlike modesty at the same time, as if his passion overwhelmed her despite herself. For it was Isa's estimation that Bill.. William... was a romantic at heart, despite the lust that had driven him the moment he had set eyes on her, and he would expect shyness and not the passionate agression that sometimes overcame her.

The slower pace suited her, for really the Rose could not have put up with another rough tumble. She was no athlete after all. Despite herself her body rose to occassion and Williams careful caresses made her shiver with delight. Isa pressed her mouth to his shoulder to stiffle her cries, knowing how dangerous it would be to be detected.

Her dark eyes were large of passion, or was that triumph, as he took her over the edge under the starsparkled gravetide sky far into open sea. It felt as if the earth itself was moving just for them. "Oh.. William," she breathed in his ear, watching a particular bright star "Look at the Diamond Lady. She's out tonight just for us." Yes, he needed not just to lust for her. Isa wanted his fullblown devotion.

Post by Guest »

*Bill Irons*

William was still lost in the emotion of the moment as he heard Isabella's words. Not wanting to lose the the closeness of their bodies, he rolled to the side, so that they both could see the star, yet the union of their bodies would not be interrupted.

"Yes my love I do see. It is but a dim light compared to the beauty that shines from you".

Isabella's beauty, his want for her, and her emotive control had taken over William completely. Had she asked him then to jump over the rail into the sea, he would have done it without question.

He found strength and love beyond where none had been before, he was ready to go on all night long, and to hell with the consequences.

Something at the back of his mind tried to gain a measure of control back, yet it was lost in a sea of passion and she was now in control.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella caressed his face most tenderly, before putting her head of tousled dark tendrils on his shoulder. She wanted him to think of her as vulnerable, seeking his protection, and just as much lost in the romance of the moment as he was. Yet her mind raced.

Isa was not a fool. She would not ask of him to murder a fellow nobleman, not yet anyways. That was better left to later, when he would come to her defense in the heat of the moment, when Jacob would make the mistake of becoming violent. No, this was a moment of tenderness and binding him closer to her heart.

"Tell me about yourself William," the darkhaired lady begged, intrigued by the mystery he presented, "I want to know all about you."

Post by Guest »

* Bill Irons *

William held Isabella close, her head upon his shoulder. He pulled he breeches back on, and arranged the rest of his, and her, clothes around her to ward off the cold of the night.

He Dreamily lay there with her, feeling the warmth of her body on his.

"My story? it is not much my love, a sad tale some would say".

His thoughts drifted back...

"I come from a noble family in the Citadel, we are not rich by any sense of the word, but with my fathers uncanny ability in business, we have a good living. My Mother loves us all dearly, my brother, sister and I, and it broke her heart when I left.
I was always the rogue of the family though, a womaniser some would say, but no, I was not that, I never forced myself on an woman.", he chuckled, "Do I sound vain? I do not mean to, I just seem to have a charm over most woman, and of course I enjoyed it".

He sighed, "It all went wrong almost three Yhren ago now, the girl I was with died. None of my doing, I assure you, she just died it my arms, it was... a shock", there was a pause, "The apothecary said he believed her heart just gave up".

He was quiet for a almost a burn, the only sign of movement was a tightening of his grip on Isabella, and a small tear running down his cheek.

"She was not a high level noble, but the scandal could have destroyed our family. That was when de Winter stepped in. It seemed this girls family owed him a debt, he arranged for them to clear the debt by just burying the girl, and for me to leave the Citadel for a while. My family not much for court anyway, withdraw completely, though father kept up his business, I was never mentioned again".

He sighed again, "de Winter arranged for me to get on this ship, under the guise of Bill Irons. I'm a master navigator, so that was not too difficult. Now he is owed a debt by my family, and I made a vow which I had kept, until I met you".

He leaned down and kissed Isabella on the forehead, "So there you have it my love, Has my father paid the debt, I know not. Can I return, I know that that either, but I will, yes one day I will".

William went silent then, his thoughts still a turmoil of feelings for Isabella, but now tinged with sad memories of his family.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella listened to the story. Lord de Winter keeps careful tabs on his debts, does he? I wonder if it is Andolin or Jacob who owe him one for helping free me. Perhaps both. She filed the knowledge away for further examination. There must be a way she could use that.

Shortly Isabella wondered if the way the girl died was just that.. shock. If Marius wanted control over Williams House, the girls death was certainly convenient. The Rose remembered the strange powers she had detected in Marius.. energies of the mind that had made her hungry to learn more. It went far beyond her empathy and she instinctively knew it could cause a great deal more than shock. A pity Lord de Winter is so far away from my reach. I have a feeling I could learn a thing or two from him.

All through her silent ponderings Isa had listened attentively to William's story, reaching out and touching his tear, licking it from her finger "You were hurt very much. I feel very honored that you even dare to feel again," she said sincerely. The darkhaired lady watched her illicit lover, whispering "what vow did you make?"

Post by Guest »

* Bill Irons *

Isabella's question awoke william from his thoughts, "What did you say, my vow"?

A sad smile was on his lips, "Well I have broken it now, so I see no reason not to tell you".

"My vow was to never make love to another woman, until the debt to Marius had been paid. Of course it may have been, but then Marius did say he would get word to me, I have not heard, so I suspect not".

He looked down and kissed Isabella softly on the lips, "Seeing you, a lady, the first I have seen in three Yhren, took me by surprise. I so much wanted you, needed you that I broke my vow I made on my lovers death, If she is looking from beyond the grave, I hope that she will forgive me".

Noises were then heard around them, as the watch changed, "My Lady, its is two marks past midnight, Perhaps we should retire to our own rooms?, although I do not wish for this to end at all"
Isabella Florentina

Isabella stared at William with huge eyes. Never to make love to a woman. Such a silly sacrifice. It was quite beyond Isa how one could swear to that. Yet, it also showed how much in control she was, to be the first in yahren, and that was a thing the Rose could appreciate. She kissed him deeply and whispered hoarshly "You honor me, William." Isa caressed his face, "and I can only think that your lover wanted you to refind hapiness. I just hope I will not make your miserable." That twing of guilt again, how silly.

Bil drew attention to the world around them and Isabella nodded silently to him, somehow just as relunctant to break contact with the rogue noble. Yet there was no sense in further courting danger. If they were discovered now, it would be a disaster. Isa reached for her dark cloak, become once again a shadow in the gravetide.

Post by Guest »

* Bill Irons *

William looked to make sure it was clear, and helped Isabella stand, then hastily pulled his own clothes back on.

He made sure she was tightly wrapped in her cloak, "I'm sorry about the chemise my lady". He kissed her again, then looked, "The way is clear, you must go now, I will see you tomorrow my lady, when I must be Bill again of course".

He watched as she made her way back to the hatchway and the cabins.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella kissed William passionately, wanted to say she was used to shredded chemises but kept it inside just in time for it would have made her quite less the innocent lady, and so instead just smiled warmly, nodding. Without looking back she made her way to the cabin.

Inside she took the remains of her chemise, already torn by Jacob and now absolutely ruined by Bill, and put it on the bottom of her chest, where she didn't think any gentleman would look. Isa chose one of her other flimsy chemises and quickly slipped back into the bed she shared with Jacob.

Post by Guest »

This Thread is now Complete.

Skilling for Isabella Florentine

Con Artist *

Conversation * (lol, after all the debate)

Empathy *

Persuade *

Aught to get a seduction, but as thats already master :)

Skills Have been updated 01st July 2004

Return to “On the Water Archive”