Rimehold, Bergliin Tents: Miscellaneous (Samheen 15th)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha smiled at Giselle; "It's a big world out there... lots to see and do in it. You should try it, sometime." She listened to Lirahn, and nodded; "I think that's everyone who's interested... exactly what kind of weapons do you use to kill these elks?" Scatha had only ever seen cattle slaughtered on Dort by having the great vein on their necks opened, or else having the slaughterman hammer a bolt their their brains. She was fairly sure that these elks wouldn't stand still long enough to let that happen. "I'm fairly handy with a whip, and a knife, if I have to be - but anything else, I wouldn't know where to start," she admitted sadly...
Image by kind permission of Peter Town - check out his great work at Elfwood!

"Cleavage & attitude can carry a girl a *long* way"
Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

Post by Brynhild da`Waelkyrige »

She laughed as her bulky cousin hoisted her up and apologized, asking what her rush was about. "You're right -- I don't want to be left behind," she said. "It's been too long since I've been hunting and almost as long since I've tasted fresh elk meat." She was almost beginning to drool in anticipation of the flavour of the freshly roasted meat. Then her ear caught Arvanna's plaint about not having her bow. The elf maid nearly matched her height but had not her bulk, but Brynhild made an eager offering of her bow. "

"You can borrow mine -- I'll just 'borrow' one of my brother's bows for the time being," she said with a wink that implied that the borrower would have no consent from the borrowee. "Would you like to try it?" she added. "The practice butts are over here," and she led the two over to where two piles of compacted earth, moss and other plant matter were draped over with hides to make an impromptu archery range. "Wait here while I go and look for one of my brother's bows," and with that she again ran off to her family's tent.
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Post by Zhavon Mikhalrian »

Evan gave Arvana a winning smile at her thank you. "Always glad to be of service!" was his jaunty reply. He nodded in accordance with the Adhiel's assumption that Brynhild would not have been left behind. "Of course we wouldn't have left you behind, Bryn. If only because we'd've had to listen to whine about it for days." The man laughed at his own joke, stepping back to allow the two women to discuss the matter of a bow.

Within the tent, Gisella nodded quietly to Scatha's words, wondering if maybe she would take up like her sister and leave Trothgard, for an adventure. She smiled, wanting to ask the foreigner about it but deciding that it might be best to discuss it later, in private if at all possible.

Solarin spoke up, in reply to Scatha, before Lirahn could. "We have spears, and bows, though bows require more skill... Would you be caring to learn, then?" He smiled kindly, the expression splitting across his face broadly.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex busied herself helping her sister while the others prepared for the hunting trip. A small part of her was envious of the group going out to hunt, but then she did have a lot to go over with her sister.

Addressing the group in general..

"Good luck hunting, I hope that you get to see some of the natural beauty of the land while you are out there."

Hex smiled warmly and turned to Lirahn,

"Do bring them home in one piece and good shape, perhaps after you do this you could be invited over for dinner in a more pleasant way."

Hex gave him a warm smile and batted her eyes at him, once only, before turning back to help her sister.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]

Post by Guest »

(OOC: Oops. I thought that this thread was done. I'll post anyways.)

Arvana smiled back at Evan. She was glad he was here. Not knowing what she would have done, if he wasnt, she smiled a bit wider. Turning to the direction Brynhild went she hoped the girl would return soon.

She was glad that she finally found people to talk to, but she is more glad that she finally fits in.
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

(ooc: just back from hols and trying to catch up - sorry this one's a bit short!)

Ellena turned to the hunting party to wish them luck on their trip, smiling at the enthusiasm of them all. While she had no experience of such outings, she was sure the natives of Trothguard would ensure the newcomers enjoyed their day and she herself was looking forward to exploring more of the village. The red-head remained watching until the hunting party headed off and then turned back to those left in Hex's family tent.
Zhavon Mikhalrian

With the groups divided, of those that would go hunting, and those that would remain, it would seem that the foreigners were not only equally divided, but all accounted for. Kiran, Gisella and Solarin all set about outfitting Scatha and Arvana for their trip, equipping them with heavy, fur lined cloaks and mittens, spears and rations. Most conversation seemed to come to a halt while these preparations were made, but soon, they were ready and were sent off on their way to follow the Waelkyriges back to their own tents to collect their things. With all of those remaining wishing the hunters well on their departure, they soon turned and re-entered the tent and back within the warmth.

((OOC: Alright, since I've shaken my spear long enough and no one really wants to post to it, anyhow, I decided to just wrap this up in a general way and send you off on your ways.))

(Hex/Ellena continued: Rimehold, Bergliin Tents: Hex, Ellena(Samheen 15th)
Arvana/Scatha/Brynhild continued: Hunting Plains: Scatha, Arvana, Brynhild (Samheen 15th))
Last edited by Zhavon Mikhalrian on Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Skilled.

Return to “Trothgard Archive”