Finding Barsanke -- Murat -- Sam 22nd

Moderator: Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Finding Barsanke -- Murat -- Sam 22nd

Post by Ashari »

Maharrem had been correct in his assumption that Barsanke wouldn't let them in on the 21st. The youth had woken early and pulled on his clothes before heading downstairs with Murat in tow to eat some breakfast. It hadn't been the best food ever, but it was a start to the day, and something to get them going. "I'm going to go and square away the last details with the cult." He said to the half-giant after they found out that they couldn't get into the Estate.

At the door the man who Murat had met the day before told them to come back the next morning. He said there was just too much going on that day, and it would be better for the next day. "Maybe I'll see you tonight at the Bad Omen." He said in parting.

"I don't know what you want to do today..." Maha said before he left. "But I just need to make sure that everything is good with my stuff. I'll see you tonight, and we can go to the execution.. or not. I haven't decided if I want to go or not." He shrugged. "Up to you I guess."

It left the half-giant with an entire day to decide what he wanted to do with.

OOC: Time-jump! Give me an explanation of what Murat does for morningtide, tradetide, eveningtide, and gravetide of the 21st, and then we'll pick up on the 22nd.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Murat nodded approvingly towards Maharrem and wished him well, after they had been told to return in the morning to the barsanke estate. For a brief time after the young man had gone his way, the half giant pondered on what he would do with his time. At first, he started to explore the area around the estate itself, to familiarise himself with the layout and it's possible weaknesses. Making mental notes as he went along, he pondered on possible improvements to the security, which were low on cost and easily implemented. After going around the estate, Murat went back towards the market. Arriving at Nabob's stall, he sat on a nearby stone, directly across from the merchant, keeping an eye on who came and who went, remembering their faces.

Halfway through tradetide, he haggled a little over the price of what he had chosen to eat, at one of the stalls on the market, before paying for it and enjoying his food. He had made his way around the city, thanks to his memory, and found himself a quiet corner, where he sat down and cleaned his equipment. After he had done, he changed the bandages, promptly following the instructions given by Fatima the night before.

He ate at the first mark of eveningtide, an unusual early hour for him, but he did so for a reason. With his equipment well-kept, he asked someone for directions and didn't take long to find what he had searched for, the simbahan. He went inside and sought after the soldier that was wounded during the fight on the market, looking to speak to him. If he found the man, he would express him his regrets about the fact the he had gotten hurt, perhaps tell him that he and his comrade had given him quite some trouble and exchange a few stories with the man, if he harbored no wrath.

After trying to visit the guardsman, the half giant went to see what the fuss was about, given the fact that he had heard practically everywhere that there was to be an execution that evening. Not particularly one of his favorite passtime's, but he decided to go watch it anyway. Perhaps he might learn a few things new or get some information by observing the proceedings.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

Murat, knowing little or nothing about securing an estate, had a difficult time of telling what needed improvement. There was a wall that surrounded the entire place, much higher than a man's head, meaning they would need either a heft from a friend, ladder, or some climbing equipment to get over it. At the back of the estate he could see that there was some sort of a garden on the other side with imported trees. They definately didn't belong here in Amun Rah, that was for sure. Some looked coniferous, as would be found in the Western Kingdom -- a long journey for something like a plant. They looked completely healthy, however, and their full spiny needles were deep forest green in hue.

Some of the faces that Murat saw at Nabob's were indeed familiar. He had seen them fighting, and many bore bandaging to prove it. Almost everyone would have atleast one scar to show later on during their stories of the night.

The Simbahan was a beautiful building, made of imported marble from foreign lands. Black with red veins running though it was dark and held an auster air about it. He did indeed find the man, but he was unconcious in one of the darkened rooms. An acolyte was tending to him as Murat arrived. She gave the half-giant a few burns. He seemed much too pale, and he had dark circles around his eyes. The young woman returned. "I'm sorry, sir, but he really needs quiet rest. I will tell him you came when... when he wakes up." She looked down at him. They were roughly the same age, there was a familiarity in her eyes. "Please, I have other injured to tend to." Smiling she ushered Murat out of the room.

Back at the inn there were a good many people talking, everyone was abuzz with something. "The short sprout is already up in your room." A barmaid told Murat as he entered. "He said to join him."

OOC: From what you have, it would be that Murat didn't attend the execution, correct?
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”