In Darkness I Cannot Find My Way: Samheen 23rd (closed)

Moderator: Mods

Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

"Cheating?" the deep voice chuckled softly in her ear. "My sweet, you are the one who imagined herself back here, in my clearing. I had nothing to do with that. Me thinks the lady does protest too much," his fingers pinched at Rosalie's erect nipples through the shredded fabric as he bit at her neck a few times traveling down her neck, each nip harder than the last. Reaching the base of her neck, he turned her loose and laughed.

"But to prove you wrong, I give you another chance. I suspect you'll come back yet again my beauty for passion runs deep in you, deep and rich," he licked his lips grinning at the young Mouthie. The two large silver wolves sat on either side of him, unmoved for now, merely watching.

"You have wasted nearly half your lead time however. If you are going to flee, best do so now," he motioned for her to go as she would.

The path behind her host was no larger or easier to traverse than the earlier one she had chosen. Hanging branches and damnable thorns still clutched and tore, at her skin now since her clothing was pretty much in shambles. Behind her, she heard the howl of the wolves again, biding their time until the master turned them loose.

After a few burns, Rosalie came to another branch of paths, both directions equally narrow and nearly impassable though she still had the machete in her hand.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

"I can see nothing, Gavin, for this fog I have summoned," offered Amica quickly, still unaware that Gavin could not see the same. "And I have lost Rosalie'lo'Russo! She will be in great danger," she, clearly displaying frustration upon her face as she looked up at the suddenly-appearing warrior that emerged so suddenly out of the fog. "I have also lost Black Knight, who must have returned from which we came," she added, pondering whether Black Knight had indeed fled to avoid Black Beast. He would not do this. Perhaps his modesty has claimed him? Yes, I think perhaps he is not so very comfortable to be so naked, she added to herself with a smile.

Amica could see something, however, for the fog was not yet thick enough to hide his nakedness when he came near. The warrior seemed perhaps less concerned over this, though Amica's instant glance over his form...pausing at his crotch...might give him to be perhaps more aware of his condition. She could not hide a wry smirk at his exposure. "Be my eyes and lead me, Gavin, and I will help you," she said, trying desperately to keep her eyes upon Gavin's face and the mirth out of her voice.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin held Amica's Face between his hands, but noticed her eyes did focus upon him. And roamed across his body. He felt a blush coming and for a flicker he thought about trying to cover himself, but something made him remain in that position. A defiance of a sort. That and the fact that she did not look away.

A fog? What fog? It must be magick. Just like the magickal light. Only the mages see it. A sort of luck perhaps. And what does that smile mean, Amica? I know I am not clothed. But, there is no time for that now. Just keep your eyes to yourself. Yet he said nothing. He just smiled that same smirk Amica had. Let her figure that he noticed her glance.

"I see no fog. We take Rosalie and then we free that tortured girl. I killed the torturer, but I could not cut the bonds. Follow me."

He turned and only then realized that his bottom was now exposed to Amica. I hope you like the sight, shaman. The scenery had to change, I am sorry to say. It felt good to be able to smile in this situation. And so he did.

Quickly he made his way to where Rosalie stood. For a flicker he watched to see what was wrong with the girl and then his hand reached for her. His fingers would brush her right cheek and Gavin just hoped she would not react too strongly to his nudity.

If the girl did not respond, the warrior was ready to pick her up in his arms and if need be carry her. First to the imprisoned woman and then to the tunnel where Telnas was. For now, the Coyote was not important, and he did seem to be able to take care of himself.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

As Gavin lead the shaman to Rosalie, they passed the tray where two throwing knives still lay, ready for the Black Knight's use. The dark-haired Mouthie stood frozen, unmoving, staring straight ahead, her eyes not blinking though they could see her chest rise and fall as she breathed. With Gavin, Amica still could not see the petite woman. The shaman watched as the warrior reached up to stroke... nothing. It was as if he were trying to touch the air before him.

The big man could see Rosalie's form, but his hand passed through her face as he attempted to touch her. While she looked real enough and Gavin would have sworn he could pick her up and carry her off, his hand went right through her as if she were a ghost or apparition of some sort.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Rosalie groaned but did not waste a flicker, turning and running again. As she arrived at the split she choose left, hacking her way through the bushy undergrowth. The thorns had her skin bleeding all over, and Rosalie just knew she was turning into an even more tasty morsel for the vampiric dark lover that hunted her. Merda! If I do not have my amulet, where can I find garlic, wooden stakes.. anything.

The Merchantprincess knew that if he would touch her for too long at some point she'd give in. She was only human after all. So the trick was to keep him at bay. He seems to be curiously serious about wanting me to believe he's fair. He needs my cooperation somehow. Rosalie's big mouth had kept him at bay, maybe she could manage that for a while longer if she was caught.

The group better be on the run trying to solve the riddle. I'm in deep merda to buy them time. Yes, she had to keep the Dark Lover interested in the chase.. it would distract him. Giving in to him however was to easy and so she would play the game for all that it was worth. Rosalie panted as she hacked away at the twigs and thorns.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Back down the stairs came the newly dressed Black Knight. Having imagined a very bright lantern in his free hand at the top of the stairs, he descended back to the doorway. He had told Amica that he would return. That may have been a mistake. So, he was here partially to make good on his word. Yet, he did not know what he would gain by further battles with the dark host. The creature obviously did not wish to bargain. What could he gain by fighting this creature? Surely there was no loot or information that could serve him well in the waking world.

It was with this caution that he did not reenter the room quite yet, but watched events unfold before him. Perhaps the others were already fighting the creature by now. When he arrived, it seemed that he was wrong in making that assumption. Stifling a yawn behind his visor, Coyote began to contemplate abandoning the others for lackof continued interest.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

As they passed, Amica inspected the unused throwing knives on the table, almost reaching out to take them up in what would have been a purely habitual response for her. Blades were somewhat precious in the desert, and as such they were never left discarded by a people that did not routinely manufacture many of their own weapons. The knives were inadequate to fully distract her from Gavin, his bare form charging ahead and moving such that the shaman lost all orientation she had, leaving her largely lost and uncertain which direction the exits might lie.

And then he stopped, and reached out for....nothing. Tricked! thought Amica at once. Gavin must have been real, and now he was tricked by illusion, reaching out for what was not there. Shall I ward him from illusion? she pondered, watching quizzically as he reached out for nothing. But then, he claimed he could not see her fog. And so my fog hides only me? Just as this illusion can be seen only by him. Black Beast divides and conquers us even as we stand together.

"Gavin, I do not see that which you see," she said quickly, no longer fixated upon his rump. "Is she illusion?" Or is it my eyes that have been deceived?
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

For a flicker Gavin's finger remained close to Rosalie's cheek, as if he hoped that the girl will gain substance. But, it was not so. Wishing was apparently not enough. Then he heard Amica's words and he tuned once more.

"Do you not see for yourself, Amica? Rosalie is there. Only she is not there at the same time. I can see her, but my hand passes through. I saw her run to this spot and then she stopped. And she still stands. I think there is some magick afoot here."

He turned to the girl that was still chained to the wall and for a flicker pondered what he was to do. What they were to do. Him and Amica. Then he seemed he reached a decision.

"I can not help Rosalie for now. But, if we defeat the lord of this place she should be free. Or I hope that is so. But, I need some weapon. I can go without armor, but if I had it I would feel much better. Just because of the protection. nothing less." At these words he smirked once more and playfully pointed his index and middle finger to his eyes. "Keep your gaze here. I know this is not the place nor the time for it, but the humor helps."

Then his gaze caught Coyote. The man was fully clothed. And he had his weapon once more. The fun was forgotten immediately and Gavin slapped his own forehead.

"Of course. The dream powers work on the stairs. Amica. Take the knife and go that way. Cut the girl down and wait. I'll be right back."

Gavin felt his strength returning. Hope was here once more and that gave him strength. He raced to the entrance and tried to push up past the Coyote. He would be armed and armored once more. And when he met their host he might have a chance after all.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

The Black Knight was accommodating and stood aside as Gavin wished to run back up the stairs. Given that the big man remained free, it meant that their host was otherwise occupied. Thus, he moved into the room, maintaining his shields fully about him as he searched for the others, and the stairs down, in the fog. "If only we could dispell the fog," he called out, having no power to do so.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Hacking her way through the thick brambles, bushes and overhanging limbs, the dark of the forest around Rosalie was lightening. Almost imperceptibly as she moved along, she eventually began to note that the air was lighter, the details more visible. Before long, her arms ached from the unaccustomed effort and small blisters were forming on her hands, a result of the friction of the handle against her soft skin.

Since her last episode with the Master, it had been quiet without even the sound of birds or the movement of creatures in the woods. Piercing the silence came the howl of the two wolves, no doubt the signal that the hunt was on.

Back inside, while the dark-haired woman's shadow remained, it was nothing the others could touch and so far, only Gavin had been able to see her. Turning his attention back to the wounded girl strapped to the wall, the Black Knight's return, fully dressed with shield, sword and lantern in hand caused the warrior to take the same route. Pushing Coyote out of the way, into the fog filled room, Gavin made his way up the steep steps to reclaim his clothing.

For the Black Knight, the room was still shrouded in fog though it did seem to be dissipating somewhat. Still, he couldn't see more than a few paces ahead of himself.

Down the tunnel, Telnas studied the locked door, uncertain as to what might lay on the other side that warranted a lock.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Rosalie Marcada

Hope was a small flame within Rosalie as she kept hacking, trying to ignore the pain in her hands were blisters were forming. Hope that was getting brighter as the air got lighter. Hope that was quickly squashed by the howl of the wolves. Merda! Merda! Merda!

She tried to move quicker. Why is the forest so quiet.. what trap am I walking into. If she saw a stick of a good strong width she would pick it up and take it with her.
Last edited by Rosalie Marcada on Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin sped up the stairs to the spot where the wall had that old quality. He feared that his feet would be stuck like Fauna's, but hoped that he would have enough time to conjure a pair of boots before that happened.

The boots were his priority. Once he was booted he could focus on everything else. The adrenalin was wearing off slowly as he climbed the stairs and his fresh wounds started to heal so he noted the need to clean and bandage those before they proceeded. He wondered whether he should conjure his armor back and decided that the return trip once his wounds were taken care of might be unnecessary risk.

So the plan would be to summon the armor and his gear back and then to run back down the stairs to Amica and help her free the trapped girl. If he encountered the Coyote he would help the man navigate through the fog.
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

That way. Gavin had directed her towards She Who Walks with Cat, no doubt, and he had set her in the direction and charged her to do so. Nodding once at Gavin's departing form, Amica surged ahead to do just that, moving forward to locate the woman against the wall. She held her long knife in hand, a blade she had yet to use as a weapon, the short sword an uncommonly handy tool for so very many necessities of survival...and of course, for cutting prisoners down from strange walls made of black stone.

When she came in sight of She Who Walks with Cat, Amica would inspect her wounds carefully before she would take out her oils once again and add her own shield over the woman...'Ushki the warder...traced upon her bare skin and empowered to protect her from magics, a simple yet effective defense that stood as Amica's form of magic shielding. Once done, she would slice at her bonds to free her, postponing any attention to her wounds until they were away. And away she would take her, moving to the stairs opposite where they entered, moving along the walls such that Amica could find her way.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Sticks of wood were everywhere in abundance, so Rosalie had no difficulty finding something to serve as a walking stick, or whatever other use she found for it. Another split in the pitiful excuse for a trail loomed before her. To the left, the air grew lighter, brighter while to the right it seemed darker, gloomier. Behind her she heard something tramping through the undergrowth with reckless abandon. From her left, much closer than was comfortable, one of the wolves howled, the brazen boast of victory which was quickly answered by the other some ways behind her.

Meanwhile, Gavin raced up the steep stairs to reclaim his clothing, pausing only long enough to re-establish his boots, clothing and armor before heading back down. There he found the Black Knight still lost in the fog while Amica had tended the wounded woman and cut her loose, eliciting a soft moan of pain as the female fell to the ground, murmuring, "No more, please, no more." Barely conscious and unable to walk, the shaman had to pick the girl up to move her to the exit where they'd seen another set of steps going further down.

Gradually the fog around them was clearing, but it was still too dense to see more than three steps before them, some places denser than others.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

As the Black Knight was unable to see well, he moved slowly towards the stairs further downward. Rather surprised that Gavin was able to find him so easily, he asked, "where are the others? We should seek to go down the stairs." As Gavin seemed to see better in the fog, there was hope he would assist in finding the stairs.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

OOC: There was talk about getting his sword back, too. But, no backpack or any other supplies.

IC:

Gavin ran back down the stairs, as the weight of the armor settled reasuringly on his shoulders. Someohow he felt safer, although it proved no protection at all agains the power of their host. But, old habbits died hard and Gavin even smiled as he descended the stairs.

Once, he reached the bottom, he did not pay much attention to Coyote, but scanned the room for others. Rosalie still stood where he left her, and his grin disappeared. He wodered if she was slowly disappearing from this world and appearing in another. His previous disinterest in magick was slowly turning into a hatred. Then he saw Amica as she was cutting down the other prisoner and carrying her to the stairs across the room.

"So you have trouble seeing, too? No matter. This magick does not hinder my sight. Follow me. Amica is over there and she is carrying that tortured woman to the stairs. Rosalie is still in room, but for now she is beyond our help. My hand passed right through her when I tried to touch her. Come, let us seek our host so we can end his magick. And where in the Nether is Telnas."

Gavin did not wait for a reply, but started walking through the room towards the stairs where Amica was carrying the girl. The wounds he sustanined still hurt, but for now he just kept going. The price for that would be paid later.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

OOC: Sorry that I overlooked mentioning that Gavin. Yes, he was successful at replacing everything when he went up the stairs. :)
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Rosalie Marcada

Rosalie looked at the lighter growth longingly. Yet the wolf sounded so near and in that direction too. With a groan she made for the right turn of the path, hacking away with desperation. I must run. I must stay ahead. The rest MUST get the full benefit of the time I've bought them or all will be for naught.

Rosalie whispered a prayer under her breath, hacking with one arm while keeping the stick in the other arm. It gave her some small measure of confidence, an alternative for when a confrontation would be unavoidable. Now, I must come up with something that will stop me from feeling this liquid fire, she thought desperately.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Acknowledging the obvious, the Black Knight stated, "this cursed fog blocks my sight." As he was following Gavin to the exit, he suddenly called out, "Rosalie is here, but your hand passed through her? Stop, I may be able to help her by extending my shield around her. Lead me there quickly man, then we shall go down the stairs."

He did not much care for Rosalie as she seemed confounded by his persona, but he had an inate desire to make her grateful to him. If she could remember his heroics when she awakened, perhaps he could gain something from that later, as her corporeal form was in the Citadel.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin was already past Rosalie, when the Coyote spoke. He stopped in mid step and turned immediately. For a moment he looked the Coyote straight in the eyes trying to detect any deception. But, it lasted only a flicker. So far the man helped them and if he could free Rosalie Gavin would do anything he could to help.

"This way" - the warrior said as he took hold of Coyote's arm and almost dragged him to where Rosalie stood. For a flicker he stood waiting and then realized that if Amica could not see her, the masked mage probably could not either. So he let go of Coyote's arm and raised his hands to Rosalie's cheeks. Gently trying to get as close as he could without actually touching her image, he turned to the mage.

"Here she is. Her face is between my hands. Do your magick now, and if you manage to pull this of, I am in your debt. And I always pay my debts."
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Gaining the gratitude of both Rosalie and Gavin was too attractive to pass up, though he was inclined to aid the Westie anyway. With her etherial face between his hands, he began to extend his shields over her, slowly and completely. He speculated that once she was cloaked in his shield, she too would be free of the host's trap ... at least temporarily.
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

It would have been a small thing of She Who Walks with Cat weight perhaps as much as a cat. But she didn't, and Amica was forced to accept much of her weight as she brought her clear of the chamber and to the stairs she knew would be along the walls very soon. The woman had moaned and begged for mercy as she had been cut free, a woman clearly broken by a horrible lash that seemed tipped in the claws of a lynx or cougar. No doubt her totem, the same that had once worn the skin behind her, pondered Amica with some sympathy, as the two were most likely very familiar.

Do not be so very foolish to assume she was not broken, thought Amica, a warning voice within her head. Indeed, it seemed possible that She Who Walks with Cat might have been just that, or perhaps she might represent a trap in her own right...but if she were indeed bait to some elaborate trap, then Amica had long since fell within and she could only do her best at this point. And for now, her best would be to get her out of the chamber and see to her wounds.

Once Amica emerged from the oval chamber and exited to the downward stairwell, she would stop and lower She Who Walks with Cat to the floor, checking to insure it was not horribly cold as the floor had been above. "You are now safe, She Who Walks with Cat. Look to me. I am Amica Tempestatis, and you are free of Black Beast. Rest here," murmured the shaman, quickly turning her attentions to the minor wounds that still scarred the woman's otherwise flawless appearance. I should hope they might scar, thought Amica with some rancor, though she did indeed seek to clean the wounds and bind them with strips of...

It was then Amica noticed she was still in attire that was largely inappropriate for such danger. There were feathers in her hair and beads decorating her body, proof that she was dressed for leisure and enjoyment and not any more somber activity. Focusing upon this, Amica tried to summon back her travel clothes and her sari as well as a proper set of bandages with which she might bind the woman's wounds. As she did this, she spoke, as much interested to get her patient talking as to learn anything about her. "How are you called, She Who Walks with Cat? And how have you come to be in the clutches of Black Beast?"
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Pale blue almond shaped eyes looked up at Amica's words, full of questioning and fear until the shaman's words began to penetrate the wall of pain and despair. The female wasn't heavy, but she was nearly as tall as the dessert dweller and so a bit awkward to handle. Her skin, as pale as milk, contrasted against the dark tanned skin of her rescuer. Amica's attempts to change her clothing produced nothing down here.

Once they made their way out of the cavern and into the stairwell going down, it was as if a weight lifted and the exhausted look of near death faded, light showing up again in her eyes.

"Tahnne," she replied to the shaman's request of her name, her voice still uncertain and uneven. "We were sent, Bretthais and I. To bring a report," the girl's voice broke with pain and a tear streamed down her cheek followed by another.

"It destroyed Bretthais," she choked out through tears barely held back now. "It is evil," she shuddered, and looked up at Amica, eyes glassy with tears.

"How did you come here? You are not of the forest," she asked, just now noting the dark skin of the dessert dweller.

Meanwhile, Gavin had helped the Black Knight locate where Rosalie stood, cupping her face in his hands. As Coyote extended his shielding, he noted that the fog disappeared. Not faded away, but disappeared as if it had never been. As it spread to encompass the dark haired Mouthie woman, she began to appear, and soon, she and the space around her was free of fog and she was entirely visible. Unfortunately, the only thing the magic affected was his ability to detect her. Their failure to touch here was rooted in a different source and that remained, Gavin's hands touching what he could see, but not feel.

Out in the forest, the hapless Mouthie hacked at branches, clearing the way as she ran from the Master. occasionally, the howl of the two wolves sounded, clearly from behind her now. Under her feet, the ground began to grow spongy and soft and within burns, Rosalie began to detect the squishy sounds of waterlogged ground. Around her, the oak-like trees were fewer, replaced by large trunked monstrosities whose limbs fell back down towards the earth like waterfalls of green moss. Ahead of her, the dark of the forest was interrupted by a faint yellowish glow.

As her knife hacked at yet another limb in the way, something cold, smooth and long fell across her neck and shoulders. Startled from its branch, and attracted to the warmth of the human, the creature began to slither down into the front of what was left of Rosalie's shirt.
Last edited by Shaeliana on Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Rosalie Marcada

Rosalie frowned at the changing vegatation. Is there a swamp nearby? Perhaps it will stop the wolves. There was faint yellowish glow ahead and she wondered what it was, hurrying towards it.

Her advanced was interrupted by something cold and slithering slipping inside her shirts. Rosalie, despite her Condotierre clothes, was no real hero and she couldn't help the girlish scream that errupted from her lips. "out, out, OUT" she yelled as she grabbed after the reptilian, intent on removing the beast as fas as she could.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin waited for Coyote to weave his magick, but nothing seemed to be happening. He waited with hope in his heart, but there was no change. Somehow he felt disappointed it didn't work. He had faith in the mage. He hoped that he would bring Rosalie back. And then his hopes were shattered.

But, he did not feel depressed. he felt anger rising in him again. Do not cast your hope in the others. Trust in yourself and in your own qualities. If the others help it will be a welcome gift. If not, you won't be disappointed. Like you just were. With that though Gavin lowered his hands and turned to Coyote.

"Let us go. She will be safe here. Nothing can touch her for now. And if we manage to defeat our host she will be free. Preserve your strength for the final battle. Come now. Amica, awaits with over there with that imprisoned woman."

The big warrior turned and without waiting for Coyote hurried to where Amica knelt by the woman. He was just about to kneel next to them, when caution made him stop. He peered into the darkness down the stairs and tried to detect if there was any movement there. Only if the place was safe would he kneel next to the shaman and offer his help.

"Rosalie is trapped somewhere else. I can see her, but my hands pass right through. And [b]Coyote can't help her it seems. He spoke of shielding her, but it did not work. So we shall have to defeat our host if we are to set her free."

Only then did he turn to the other woman and smiled.

"Pardon me. First we shall bind your wound and then we shall proceed. Amica, do you have the bandages? My gear is missing, but you can use my cloak. Unfortunately, we have no remedies, but the wounds don't seem too deep, so a simple bandage will do."
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”