Memiors of a Madman, Yappets story: Prolouge: The Market

Moderator: Mods

BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

"Eh?" Darin looked surprised.

"When did I ever say the boy was staying the second night? He can leave after tonight if he wants to, no harm no foul. It's you I'm arresting on charges of disturbing the peace."

A smug look settled on the guardsman's face as he delivered the news to the ultimate menace that was Yappet the False Prophet.
Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Yappet growled at Darin... "Well he still has to tell his mother why hes staying for one night" he commented glaring at the guard. "So, lets go, gather your men. we will meet you there" Yappet let Stradivarius lead him to where it was he lived.
BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

"We shall wait for you, you can tell his mother on your own. I'll have a cell prepared for you when you arrive. Will that be satisfactory?"

There was a note of sarcasm tinging Darin's voice as he spoke to Yappey and no small hint of contempt joining the sarcasm. He gestured towards the residential area, as if to hurry Yappet and the boy on their way. Stradivarius starts trotting along towards the Poor Sector, leading Yappet through a dismal and depressing series of shanty neighborhoods until the two of them arrived at an impressively inventive home made of metal siding, various slabs of wood of all shapes and sizes and a series of items Yappet couldn't even identify. The net result was something that was larger than most of the homes in the area and that almost looked like a house one might by, though the paint job could have used a little work; like some paint to begin with.

"Here it is!" He exclaimed happily.
Last edited by BlackMamba on Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Yappet looked at the house, whistling a low tune. "Impressive, did you help build it?" he asked walking up and knocking on the door. When it opened Yappet said "Hello, my name is Yappet. Your son would like to say something" Yappet let go of Stradivarius' hand for the first time since they escaped. Yappet stepped back so the boy could talk privatly, but Yappet could still watch him.
BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

The conversation when on for a long series of minutes, an animated discussion between the two that ended with a big hug and many tears. It was clear that the boy's mother was not in favor of him going, but that the young lad had indeed convinced her that it was necessary for his safety and therefore a positive thing. After what seemed like an hour, the boy left the room and walked back to Yappet with a nervous smile on his face.
Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Yappet stood patiently at the bottom the the steps. "Lets go" he siad when the boy has finally stepped back down.

"You know the first prophecy i gave you has already came true?" Yappet asked a smile on his face.

[quote=Yappet]"This little hunk of fruit will save your life" he said as he winked to the seller.[/quote]
[quote=Blackmamba1] The boy reacted as quickly as Yappet hoped, whipping the marrow and connecting solidly with the side of the man's head [/quote]

"And if i remember right, i never gave you your first prophecy... well here goes." Yappet stopped and made a show of meditating and clearing his mind. "You will live a long and great life, passing into the afterlife only after your hair has turned gray and all your teeth fallen out" Yappet opened his eyes "How was that?"
BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

The boy smiled at Yappet, twirling the marrow around his fingers. He had picked it up as they rushed off, a token of what had happened down there.

"Can I make this a necklace?" He asked.
Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Yappet kept walking. "I don't see how" he told Stradivarius "If you poke a hole in it it will rot faster. "No come on, the nice guard is waiting for us" Yappet could see Darin impatiently waiting for them ahead. "is your first time in a holding cell?" he asked jokeingly "it'll be fun, i promise."

"Well Mr Ashford, we are ready. Lets go" Yappet started marching toward the familar Purple guard station.

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”