Dort: The Dort Citywatch Barracks

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Anarión Herunna

Dort: The Dort Citywatch Barracks

Post by Anarión Herunna »

The barracks are situated in the west district in Dort proper. It is a large confined space and only in connection with the enlisting is commoners permitted onto the place. The way in is closed and blocked. A unit of the citywatch woun't let anyone pass unless papers are shown or the correct outfit has been donned.

High roofs towers over the surrounding brick walls. There are war-like sounds and yells and grunts - like any ordinary workplace - only this is where the Dort Citywatch live and eat and train. Insults and harsh replies are hurled between combative colleagues and stifled in the instant their ranking makes their presence known no the training grounds.

On the outside, next to the passageway, is a small temporary building is located. A pair of sentries in their impenetrable vestments are stationed. To gain access to the ramshackle setup inhabitants and outsiders have to report their business.

"HALT! State your business with the Dort Citywatch!" The sentries exclaim upon the arrival of newcomers. Their grisly looks are adorned to scare away those with trivial requests.

Inside is a small waiting-chamber for those whom have not yet been led into the second and even smaller chamber where a bureaucrat accepts complaints and tips about recent happenings and so on.

Post by Guest »

Timestamp ~ Samheen 25 tradetide

Azilette had ridden through Dort toward the barracks, and now left him tethered some way from the main entrance to the compound. She wasn't sure of the welcome she would receive.

She approached the two sentries she could see were obviously standing guard. Their dour expressions and burly figures made them an intimidating pair, however Azile suspected that it was now more than ever that she needed to exude confidence.

"Good day, sirs" She greeted them, as she strode up to meet them.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarión Herunna

IC: The largest of the burliest sentries kept a watchful glare on the passerbyes instead of addressing Azilette. Obviously, with the rebellion, there were many dangers. He ogled a pair of withered married couple and the aged fogeys hurried down the alley to avoid the unwelcoming stare.

The second of the pair, on the other hand, presented Azilette with a sly grin. "What brings a pretty woman like yourself to the Citywatch?" He noticed her weapon and laughed hoarsely.

"Now, now, did you come to join our ranks, ehh, pretty?" Now the larger man was finally done ogling people and instead turned to the mounted woman. He pointed to the small cabin next to the passageway.

"State your business, woman, and we might understand why you are actually here?" A grim and unfriendly exclamation reply was the only thing Azilette received. The sentry leaned against the halberd he was holding and waited impatiently for her response.

OOC: Don't mind the harsh guys. In all honesty, these ruffians are rivalling lambs when it comes to cosyness and amiability, you just need to get to know them first. :P
Last edited by Anarión Herunna on Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

OOC: sorry about the time lag i've been doing exams...

IC: Azilette gave the guard a patient smile,
"Yes, as a matter of fact I am here to join 'your ranks'. Do you think you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction?
Anarión Herunna

OOC: Nice to see you're back. We were wondering if you'd show up. I am glad you did. :wink:

IC: The sentries exchanged bemused looks and then again watched Azilette. Carefully the larger man measured her and then pointed again to the small cabin next to them.

"You can go there. There you can add your name and whatever information which is demanded to apply for a position here," he exclaimed. The other sentry thudded the halberd in ground impatiently. Obviously the pair were not equally welcoming.

A small row of people was waiting outside the ramshackle cabin. Finally Azilette was permitted into the cramped workstation. An overweight bureaucrat was seated behind a table loaded with parchments and scrolls. On the wall was a map situated and on the the other side a table hung to a single pin. The paint was falling off the walls and the smell was unbearable. It smelled like rotten vegetables.

"Wha' can I do fer ya?" The intonation was clouded and grumby. It had been a busy day and the man was ready to get done with his work. "An' be quick 'bout it. I ain't got all day."

Post by Guest »

Azilette nodded in thanks to the gaurds, despite their impatience, and hurried to join the small line of people indicated.

The stench that met her on final admittance turned her stomach... and certainly did not make her feel at all kindly toward the large man seated at the cluttered desk.

"Thankyou for your time sir... I was hoping to join your ranks here at the citywatch barracks"
Anarión Herunna

The voluminous man lifted his head from the documents which were carelessly laid on the table, seizing Azilette up. He smirked and almost began to laugh, yet he managed to cough instead and prevented a difficult and embarrasing scene.

"Well, so ye wanna join the Dort Cityguard, ehh??? I spose that can be arranged. Trials are going on right now, so ye'll have to run. Just fill out this form, darlin', and take it with you to the men soldiering outside and they'll let ye enter the premises," he said with a carefully measured politeness. He shoved a parchment forward and an inkstand and a quill.

The paper stated the following:

I, ... [name]..., hereby accept that the Dort Citywatch will not be held responsible for any injuries on me caused while serving under the Dort Citywatch. I will not seek compensation for injuries and am personally responsible for damage caused by myself or my subordinates during my watch.

I accept the wage of ...[to be filled in later]... during my time as a recruit. It will be increased with ...[to be filled in later]... when/if I advance in the ranks.

It went on like this, and all Azilette really had to do was to fill in her name a couple of places and bring the document to the sentries.

"Are you absolutely sure ye'd like to do this?" The bureaucrat aksed Azilette while he handed over the items.

Return to “Dort Archive”