OOC: General Chit Chat

Moderators: Vanadius, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

OOC: General Chit Chat

Post by Maeve »

Since we do not really fall under KC I've made this thread for all your questions, teasings and fun remarks ;)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Valan Desein

Post by Valan Desein »

In the years to come, it will be marked that I, Valan Desein, was the first to post on this OOC board!

Also, my character will be making an exploration expedition to the eastern lands (which I assume are considered terra incognita for most citizens of Pax?) for the purposes of exploration and possibly making a few coin. Feel free to consider it! (In character, I'll probably stick a notice to the tavern noticeboard)
Anarión Herunna

Post by Anarión Herunna »

You might argue that Maeve - the infamous and most feared dragoness - was the first. :wink:

Still though, among the players, Valan was indeed the first to post here. Your idea is quite interesting. I would consider visiting Taquar also perhaps???

Nice to meet you, neighbor. I assume we will be camping not far from each other. Perhaps we can arrange some kind of neighborhood-watch :wink: . I here there are crazy things already happening, and with Maeve at the boards [at least it ain't Grant - and we'd all be dead already :P ] I think we can expect more horrifying scenes.

:D
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Post by Kaelara Mentahn »

Don't forget to pause at Kaelara's corner to stock up for your journey, and upon your return, to trade such wares you find for the coin you desire. :wink:

Horrifying scenes? :shock: Like what? lol
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Just a note that Michel will be available later this week. Real Life has him in its unloving grip.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Our thoughts are with Cerna, who is currently not online due to some devastating real life issues. Hang in there, and we'll cover for you in the meantime!
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Has anything happened to Melissa? I haven't seen her around lately...

~K
Avatar courtesy of www.allavatars.com - Electra
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

She's around, but been very busy. If you ever wonder where a PC is the best way to alert them is to PM them. Many PC's have their PM on giving them email notification ;)
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

My latest post is in my sticky. Not sure if i should make a new thread for my trip into the woods or if i should let a mod do that so i can make a post based off of their description of the woods or something? Need some help, i assumed a bit also making to my house fine and such. So, just tell me what i should do right now.

Hrmmm ...

Post by Guest »

Hulloo! I have a bit of a question for some wise modlike figure ...

When I was in Tazlure before, I think I vaguely remember being involved in or around the battle of Brie. How long ago was that with respect to the 'present day'? It seems like it might be a good excuse to be in this general area (say, if I've been hanging around the general vicinity ever since), but I'm not too sure. Would it? Or would I be better off ignoring anything that may have gone before and just starting afresh?

Ta muchly!
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The Battle of Brie is about a month ago, possibly less. The prince by now has returned to Kings Court and has been crowned as Balthasar I. There is much devestation in the area due to the Red Rash and the armies of Orcs that went on a rampage. Hunger is everywhere though some may not realize the danger yet.

That is where we are now. I think it is possible for your PC to have stayed in the vicinity. Your party scrambled due to the confusions of war. Scatha took a portal to Dort, and from there on travelled to the Citadel (with a stop in Trothgard through shipwreck). So either of those places would also fit our storylines :)
Winn

Post by Winn »

Howdy. I think we've finally cleared up some of the miscommunications in Roque. Hopefully I can join the land of active PCs soon. :)
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Hey everyone in Pax, I created a dream called Pax in Flames for samheen 26th GT. It doesn't matter if you're not that far yet but I would like it if a couple of people joined in, I feel that it would be fun so don't be afraid of the little gang i created. Do whatever you want and join either side or dont join any side or make some NPC's. Just trying to get everyone in on it and bring us together as our own evil, corroded community :wink: .
<br> ---Hrothgar
Anarión Herunna

Post by Anarión Herunna »

Will be joining the thread - Pax in flames - tomorrow or something like that. Can I Fin? Hopefully more PCs will join.

So yes, my PC is back also. I am sending you a PM Fin. And you Michel. We shall have to get Ana started again.
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

haha! why are you asking my permission, Ana? XD it's an aether thread, go right ahead!

Got your PM. Worry less! it's good to have you back. We'll get you sorted asap, I promise. ;)
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Hey all! :D I am back. I'm so sorry I've been a bit absent for the past week - I've been in NL visiting Maeve, Syra, Saskia and Grant. :) But now I am back. I will do my best to post for all of you tonight, but failing that tomorrow.
Valan Desein

Post by Valan Desein »

Where is Pax on the world map? Is it that unnamed dot in the north between the elven forests and Terra Incognita? And how far is Pax from World's Mouth and Dragonskeep?

Also, my character is planning to pin up a few notices to the tavern noticeboard. Would I need to start a new thread for that, or is there an existing thread where I can stick in-character notices?
Last edited by Valan Desein on Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Great question Valan! I was wondering that too... I was wondering if it would be by the Provost Office? Or else... maybe... I could offer up a spot in/outside my shop? What do you think Finn?

(BTW, hope your move went okay!)

Post by Guest »

Where is Pax on the world map? Is it that unnamed dot in the north between the elven forests and Terra Incognita? And how far is Pax from World's Mouth and Dragonskeep?

As Pax is reasonably newly founded, I suspect it hasn't quite made its way onto the somewhat old map as of yet. It is, as far as I'm concerned, not that unnamed dot you refer to, Valan. Don't take my word for law, but I believe Pax is situated more or less in the Howling Ice Mountains, in a valley there, towards the west, facing Brie to its left for instance. We'll hear proper with Finley once she's available again.

Also, my character is planning to pin up a few notices to the tavern noticeboard. Would I need to start a new thread for that, or is there an existing thread where I can stick in-character notices?

Sure you could, Valan...if the tavern will allow you to. I suggest you simply seek it out and ask/check out whether there are such possibilites. Unless there is a suitable existing thread, I suggest you just go ahead and start a new one. Anything that can be figured out IC ought be figured out IC, I say!

Same goes for you, Kaelara, if you would like to put up a noticeboard outside your shop - go ahead and do so! And perhaps if you have no noticeboard, and you would prefer something more elaborate than the mere walls, find someone to make it for you - or make it yourself. As for the provost office, just go and ask! I'll be around to respond to you IC while Finn's reestablishing herself and her connection, so please do not hesitate in taking desired steps with threads and whatnot!

Once you get something up, we'll simply work it into the location descriptions in order that everyone will notice them (Kaelara - you can just do that yourself!). There's the possibility of creating a separate thread for all such sorts of announcements as well, but such a decision I think we'll leave to Finley.

More questions? Keep 'em coming! :D
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Yes, listen to Nate - not only is he wise, he is also cool, and he knows precisely what he's talking about... You are lucky to have him while I'm away doing awful moving things, and soon you will have to put up with me again and I expect you will all cry bitter tears of resentment at his loss.

Kaelara - yeah, the move went okay. I have no 'phone though (darn 'phone companies) so no internet (net cafe atm), and also no teevee, and various other entertaining moving joys. Thanks for asking! :)

See you all soon on a more permenant basis I hope. :)
Winn

Post by Winn »

Our gracious Provost seems to have disappeared. I'm wondering if it would be alright for me to make some assumptions (or get some confirmation) about the availability of housing/food/tools for Winn.

Any info is appreciated.
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Hi there - just curious as to if there are any events coming up on the 27th that my PC should be aware of? With my evening of the 26th stalled until Anarion returns, I was thinking to start on the next day?

Post by Guest »

Winn, Kaelara, pardon my absence the last days, I've been swamped with work and studies. Expect posts and answers and whatnot tomorrow by the latest - now I've got to run!

:)

Post by Guest »

And again we're rolling!

:D
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

So where is everyone? :lol: I've got an open post on the 27th folks, if anyone wants some PC interaction!

(Cerna, this means you, too!)

Return to “The Baron Estates Archives”