The Tyrant

Moderator: Mods

Galina Faulkland

Hmph!

Post by Galina Faulkland »

Galina huffed at the non-responsiveness she was getting. All of this was so weird! Putting back her earrings she folded her hands.

"It's not like I wanted the doors of heaven to open, I just have no idea what's going on! Yeesh! Fine! I'll figure it out on my own... and stay out of it!" Galina said, putting her foot down and watching the mayhem unfold...

The Caesar was an asshole, the Panites were out for blood. Piss off the ruler of the world or piss off Pan... neither seemed like a good idea, so she waited for an outcome. She envisioned a ball of light at the end of a string and mentally started to play with it like a yo-yo in boredom, wishing she had a bag of nuts or some candy while she watched the mayhem about toe unfold.
Silk

Post by Silk »

Now it's coming clear, thought Silk, his posture suddenly changing...his leg swinging off the leg of his throne and his body leaning forward as Gavin spoke. His eyes danced over all three...over Gavin, Abeo, and Sevti...and a slight smile formed at his lips. In the back of his mind he could hear Elaine's words...Ulder Synkaaros is here. Why? Does he want his job back?...but it would have to wait. First, there was the matter of these three...and a situation in Dort that needed resolution.

"Oh, I would like you to fight. All three of you. Together...and against your great enemy...and I'll bring you the sword with which you'll do it. Bring THAT one forward and kneel him!" shouted the Tyrant, the illuminated path suddenly full of his sinister guards once again. They brought Gavin forward...he had been singled out...and two quick strikes behind the knees brought the big man to his knees. And before all three, the Tyrant...

...rose. "Bring me my sword...and a potted plant, too," he barked, for the Audience Chamber was traditionally used as an Antechamber to the Citadel, a chamber that was ordinarily decorated lavishly when it was not in use for holding court. Stepping down from his twelve-foot throne, the Caesar considered all three carefully. "So you're willing to fight, are you? And there's unrest in Dort? I would never send you off to Pan's Isle or the Western Kingdoms when there is a fight worth fighting here, in the Empire..."

The sword, a simple but finely balanced sabre, was brought forward and presented to Silk along with a large pot containing a fica tree. Silk disregarded the tree for now. Reaching out, he touched the sword to Gavin's shoulder. "I know pronounce you...what is his name?"

"...he was called Gavin Tylan, the other...Flamesword, the lady was..."

"I know pronounce you Sir Tylan, Defender of the Empire, Knight of the Realm. And with this..." he handed the sword off to his shadowy accomplice before he reached down and collected two great fistfuls of earth from the pot below. "...with this, I name you Duke of Dort, Viceroy of the East, Furst to the Empire of the Seven Isles," he declared, holding out the dirt to Gavin and sprinkling it around him. "It isn't really dirt from Dort, but...it's tradition, you understand..." he quipped quietly, though his words could be heard easily by Sevti and Abeo.

"There. Now you're the new Duke of Dort. Where do I want you to fight? I want you to fight in Dort. I can't tell you how to rule your land...and I can't interfere with your judgment or your decision. But I can advise you to go and cast down the old Duke and unite the Clans...and bring peace to that isle. The last Duke had been charged with a similar task...and yet I find you here, clearly unhappy and hurt by his oppressions. I hereby declare him stripped of his title and his lands, both of which I have invested upon Duke Tylan." Silk backed away from these three petitioners. "Naturally, you will need help...and I'll help you, if you but ask. And naturally, you will be in danger..." Silk glanced at Sevti and Abeo "...so trust in your comrades to protect you. Now I have heard rumor that there is injustice and strife in Dort..."

"So go stop it."

It was perfect, of course. And in time, these three would no doubt grow perhaps too strong in Dort...but that was a problem for another day. For now, they would address any strife in the country and bring about a revolution that would shatter the old aristocracy of the nation. THAT was the kind of bold, sweeping change that Silk truly adored...a certainty of action and brevity of solution that earned him the reputation of a Tyrant. The nobles of Dort would spit upon him just now...they would gape at him in shocked horror and disgust, and they would send their assassins and rally against him...but there would be Gavin, the new Duke of Dort, ready to bring order and stability once again. There are no permanent solutions...but there are no permanent problems, either, smiled Silk, smiling pleasantly as the new Duke was helped back to his feet.

"I think your petition is complete, milady, sir, your grace. The Seneschals will free you of your shackles and provide you with dress, meals, baths, weapons, and a fast ship to take you back to your lands. May the blessings of the Old Gods go with you."

It was then that Isabella was brought into the illuminated path, the dark guards holding her dark form between them. Elaine instantly recognized her for who she was, but Ashtallion was less certain. Silk hardly seemed to notice her at first..."I think you may call the next petitioner, Master Sene....wait. Who is this?" he said, interrupted as he noticed her brought forward.

"...she came in through the walls..."

"They're always coming in through the walls, aren't they? Hahahahaha!" laughed Silk. "Come forward, milady...unhand her at once..." Silk could see Isabella's decidedly feminine form as her cloak were split open from her held arms. "Come forward and state your purpose here. Oh, it's likely you should die an assassin for coming through the walls into my Audience Chamber, but I'm...feeling patient today," he said, though something of Elaine's warning in the back of his mind lingered and whispered to him. Great Anger? That must be Ulder, of course. He MIGHT be pissed since I killed him, hahahaha!<hr>From the broad, open double-doors that revealed the Audience chamber beyond, all guests could see the one-time prisoner knelt and knighted...and the titled...all at once. They could also see Isabella's unrecognizable form brought into the light...before a Caesar that stood just before his throne, upon the floor itself. Galina could detect a hint of...confused uncertainty in the air, and if she were a frequent visitor to Silk's court, she would know that the sensation was...very familiar. Still, at least the Reception room around her was well stocked in refreshments, but curiously no booze or alcohols whatsoever.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti remained silent, still as the Caesar began to speak. She didn't, couldn't, believe anything he said. There had to be more to it, some trick, some trap. He said he wasn't responsible for Gavin and Abeo's capture, yet it was in his dungeon that they waited. He said claims to have no knowledge of what caused the strife in Dort, yet they were his lands, at least in name. How could he not know?

When he ordered Gavin to be knelt before him, Sevti was positive that his true colors would now show, that Gavin would be headless in moments. Her resolve to remain still broke in that instant and her hand shot out, searching blindly for Abeo's. By Pan's Heart, if this is going to end of it all, at least we're together.

But what is the potted plant for? a small voice questioned in the back of her mind.

The Caesar's next move surprised her such that she audibly gasped, her hand tightening on Abeo. Duke? DUKE? He can't... he couldn't... There's got to be a trick.

Her eyes left Silk to concentrate on Gavin. What would his reaction to this be?
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Galina Faulkland

Lalalalaaa...

Refreshments... nice! Shaking her head at the prisoner being knighted and titled, she blew a lock of hair from her face.

It's that easy to get ahead in this world? Who the hell IS this guy, anyway? Silk? ... What kind of a name IS that anyway?

She was from Dort and only arrived in Citadel a few yahren ago. This guy was just... giving things away! This wasn't right! Did he even know who this guy was and he's giving him title and keep because he wants to flaunt his power?

Well hell! He'd make the perfect Pecunian!

But does he think he has so much power that he doesn't have to be wise to keep track of it? Nobody should have that kind of power all to themselves. Without competition there was no need to make a better product... without a better product, mankind does not progress. This guy needed competition... one would think he would eventually be bored being at the top so long, and besides... nobody was immortal. Neither was she, however, and though he had the jump on her on years, she didn't want to be his age before she could start progress...

Nope... the Tyrant had to go...

But here she was in the middle of his place with hundreds of guards, assassins, gods knew what else this bastard had up his sleeve. Still... was this in the will of Pecunia? The Tyrant had a monopoly on the world, but trade would still flourish under that sort of rule. She, sadly, had to look on the benefits that this Tyrant had to offer... if one ruled the entire lands, lack of trade from political emnity wouldn't happen. Eveyone would be using the same currency so there would be less problems with the books... but at the same time, that would be under the flag of a just leader.

No doubt the nobles in Dort would be pissed about this new guy being the Duke of Dort... but would it be enough?

Through her thoughts, she rolled a banner between her fingers... she would more than likely die if she even attempted to go up against this guy in any shape or form... but would that be so bad? Should she even attempt thinking she could be a Caesara? That would cross into the realm of politics, but in order to even step up to this guy, she would have to be a master at both politics and business. What if she just left this guy in power, though? This guy had the money, the power, the whole nine yards. Could she still be a mover and a shaker as she always dreamed under his rule? Obviously! Particularly if it was in his benefit!

Alright... this is one of those times where I'll just let fate take me wherever it takes me. Heads... I go all the way... Tails... I go all of [i]his way...[/i]

With a flip of the thumb, she flew the banner up and watched it go to the ground... amused that both life and death situations rested on dumb luck.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Slowly the confusion in his mind calmed down. He would accept the crazy joke that Pan had played him.

Gavin accepted the job, so ...............

A soft hand fitted perfectly in his own......

Memories of memories flushed through his brain. Together with something new......hope.

He bent his head for a burn. And then he whispered just one word, Dear.

He kept the hand so tight that it actually hurted Sevti. But he realised and released a bit a few burns later.

Words started to poor out of his mouth "And what about your rule over Pan ? Emperor.."

Then he realised that if he would just support Gavin, they would get away alive...... and with Sevti.
vengeance could wait until they had a army and a base. Things had changed. He looked aside, the desert that had been his heart, sprang flowers again when he saw the words hidden in the eyes of Sevti.

"For now I accept the job of supporting the destruction of the Duke of Dort, but I also wish Pan's isle restored to its former freedom. But thats of a other day. "

The last words proved harder to say them then he expected.

"Gavin, I am ready."

For what ever you wish to do, he thought. Although he wondered why Gavin would give up his own freedom.

Abeo was still prepared for a huge joke. So he was still ready to fight. Otherwise it would be a way out.
Last edited by Albyon on Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As they brought him before the Tyrant he almost expected to die. That would enrage Abeo. Oh, the Panling would die too, but not before he did some serious damage. And maybe it would light a spark in the others. Gavin almost wished he could see the lovely mayhem his death would bring.

He barked a few more orders. So here it comes. And he will kill me personally? That is a surprise. Wait for your time Abeo. Wait for him to stri.... What? A potted plant? What the Nether is going on here?

He almost burst out laughing. It was all he could do to stop from laughing out loud. Tears streamed down his face as he struggled to remain serious. It was so hard. But, he remained resolved to play this game to its end. A bloody Duke of Dort. No less. I presume I have to fight the old one? And Assume his place? Yep. Here it is. Unite the Clans? Modest are we? And I guess there will be a new Duke some time in the future?

He rose to his feet and stared for a flicker into his Caesar's eyes. And he read nothing there. No hint of any emotion. The man is a bloody statue. And a darn good opponent. You win this one. But, it is far from over. And, dare I say I am proud. From condemned man to Duke of Dort in a space of 5 burns. And that is just what is wrong.

As the rose him to his feet, Gavin bowed. It was appropriate. He was just given a gift and while this was still his enemy, he knew he would not strike now. He had a weapon with which to strike. And he would strike. And, yet why do I feel like I am betrayed? Why do I feel so hollow? Should I cast my life away like I planned to? And what purpose will it serve?

But, he rose against all he ever stood for and walked out of the room in silence. His shackles rattled and each rattle reminded him of his betrayal. I would be back. And next time I won't be bought. But, deep down he knew he was defeated.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

The decision was made.

Sevti refused to release Abeo's hand as they were lead out of the throne room. The warmth, the pressure... all of it was conviction that this wasn't a hallucination, that she had found her husband once more, alive, well, and going to stay that way - at least for one more day.

She did not look back as they left. Not on the throne room with it's throngs of people waiting to be seen. Not on the life she was leaving behind. Someone else would have to take up the mantle of High Priestess in Citadel. She had more important work to do. Stand and fight with Grey Wolf and Flamesword. Free Dort and, maybe, someday, free Pan's Isle once more.

Pan, I have not forgotten you, she prayed as she was picking up her dagger from the seneschal. I'm just going to fight your fight somewhere else. And I will see you unfettered once more.
Last edited by Sevti on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

The Wizard was servely confused as to why Gaving and Abeo were there, though a huge relief swept over him as Gavin was not to be executed....though he was not entirely fused about Abeo and actually a little disappointed. That was one human whose head he would enjoyed seeing roasted on a spit. Pushing pleasent thoughts aside, Ashtallion only nodded to Elaine's words, thinking how stupid he was, the woman was blind and would be unable to see his reaction.

" I see, I thought I had seen him. ", his voice softend slightly, before turning to a small whisper, not wanting Silk to overhear, " To be honest I do not know why I am even here, Lady. Or why the Ceasar wants me so close. Your own powers seem to give him an advantage... perhaps he just likes the sight of having us both behind the Throne. ", yes it would give a powerful impression, a Battlemage and a woman of mysterious powers apparently backing the Ceasar. Only a fool would try to assasinate the Lord of Tazlure.

Especially with those other guards about, moving within shadows as though apart of them. They give me the shivers. Shifting slightly on his feet, Ashtallion unncessarily smoothed the folds of his black robes that melded with the darkness, adjusting the silve sash about his waist.

Post by Guest »

Zaure quickly stepped back as the guards wanted to search.. "Oi.. not me.. I'm NOT going in there with the scary guy.. no way. I'll just.. sip a little drink over here." He walked back till he was in the middle of the crowd again, then searched out where they might be distrbuting the booze.

Ahren just smiled lustfully at the guards as their hands were all over him. The found the large ceremonial dagger on his back, which was an echo of the tatoo that was there. "Oops," smiled the royal companion "What do you know.. I forgot it was there.. I didn't use to get searched.. this new ceasar is quite the fox."
Isabella Florentina
Countess Companio, "Countess Cabernet"

Post by Isabella Florentina »

There were no weapons to be found upon Isabella of course. Her weapon was her mind. She wriggled with pleasant shivers when one of the muscled men examined her so throughoughly, only just remembering she was here for other business. What a boring place this Citadel has become.

With a sigh she let herself be brought forward. Isa would have preferred the anonimity of the shadows, just observing, listening, like she did a lot lately. I need to remember to haunt a few of Andolin's dreams. Such idiocy to even think of using the Nether. It cannot be controlled. All will be lost. Surely I can dissuade him that our previous plans had a few.. ah.. faults.

Suddenly she stood before the throne, and there he sat.. her archenemy. The man she was supposed to have killed. The man who had done her the favor of killing Larbeido and would have killed HER if she had let him. Instead I killed myself. Great going.

Confidentely, for Isa was everything if not confident, some would even say arrogant, she lowered the hood of her cloak, revealing the dark hairs spilling over her shoulders, her burgundy dress having a dazzling deep neckline. Below her dress she was wearing a jeweled garther. Death had a curious way of fixing ones clothing. Dark eyes pierced Silk. "I believe we've met before, milord," she said with a sultry voice, denying him royal title "I can't say your manners have improved. "
[size=92][color=darkred] [b][i]
Together they planned a power and a love that would be envied forever.
Who was to know that forever would be so short?[/i][/size][/color][/b]
Silk

Post by Silk »

(OOC: literally flipping a coin... ;))

Side over side, Galina's coin flipped through the air, taunting either side of the strike as Zaure was searched next, his proclamation that he would not be entering falling upon largely deaf ears. Search him they did, and with Ulder just nearby, the Seneschals removing weapons casually to hold such that they might be returned when the petition was over.

...and it was heads, Galina's coin flip indicating Silk's own profile upon it's strike, for one of the Caesar's recent policy required a standardization of currency weight, purity, and mint. Once again, a clear display of what might have been his awesome ego...or it might have simply been the Mint engraver's strange ideals regarding art.<hr>Silk didn't offer any words regarding Pan's Isle. To his knowledge, that nation was still under the rule of Pan himself...or at least his daughter, another of Silk's closest friends, and a faith that had grudgingly bent knee to him yahren ago. After all, the panlings were among those that were to be protected...not those that could protect, and so he protected them and Lady Eilish, the current ruler. Watching Abeo, Sevti, and Gavin depart, he rubbed the remaining dirt from his hands and motioned that his weapon and the potted tree be removed, quite pleased with this current turn of events.

And then there was the infiltrator. Isabella hadn't found the Tyrant upon his twelve foot throne. Instead, she found him upon the illuminated path, wiping his hands clear on a convenient towel provided by one of the seneschals in the chamber. "My manners?" he replied, before he turned his small, thoughtful eyes upon her. Isabella. Dead in Marius' arms. Oh yes...and much, much more...

"Isabella Florentina. They'll let anyone into my Audience Chamber today, won't they?" he smiled, though she could detect a hint of surprise and concern. But his surprise and concern quickly fell away in favor of something else...something almost predatory and sinister... "Or should I say, Countess Cabernet? You know, you were buried as a Countess. Your estate....the Companio estate, if I recall rightly...was originally droits to the crown since you had no successor. But then your successor was found, and so they were inherited by...me."

The Caesar's smile broadened. Yes, this should be fun. United at last, are we, my dear, dear daughter? And indeed she had been, a truth he had learned from Jacob de Besnie, the man questioned by Silk personally. "Died a Countess. Not bad for one born as a scullery. And yet, you could have done better? After all, you were my daughter, scullery maid or no, and if you hadn't been so damned impatient or so damned Pan then this seat..." Silk motioned behind him "...might have been yours. So tell me, my dear, DEAR daughter...have you come to pay your respects to your dear papa, or to your dear Caesar?"
Isabella Florentina

"Technically that would be the Countess de Companio," Isabella corrected with a thin smile, "but it is no matter now, I suppose. I would have settled for the Countess De Bessnie but the fool spurned me. His loss, no doubt." Isabella would have preferred to kill him, but she had not had the opportunity.

Her dark eyes narrowed when Silk showed such sinister glee. He enjoyed revealing that tidbit of her ancestry so clearly that it deeply chagrined her, wanting to lash out almost immediately. Silk.. my father? The archenemy? It cannot be.. Little details of her youth started to make such prefect sense Oh Pan.. such a trickster you are.... For a moment she closed her eyes, lost in despair, but above all fury.. fury against the unfairness of it all.

Control! Isa cautioned herself, no longer that easily provoked "Soo.. that must be one of the many questions that I've been seeking an answer to.. and it explains much, doesn't it?" she murmurred, walking closer to the one that would call himself Ceasar now, whispering to his ears only, baiting him, trying to determine what he felt "I do hope it was not an union of love. Surely you ..ah... simply raped her? She hated you with a passion you know.. one of Lady Maria's staunchest supporters." The darkhaired lady laughed mirthlessly "I even carried De Bessnie's first child, the heir, though he denied the fact. Such irony, eh? The Tyrant's grandchild a De Bessnie...if it had lived."

She turned, giving the room a casual look, snickering softly at all the security measures that were drowning out the normal proceedings, sucking all the life out of the citadel. "Is this your dream of the future, dear papa, this iron clad building, surrounded by nothing but guards... so.. lonely.. so.. boring. What happens when you've fullfilled all your ambitions.. will you die happily? Will you be able to meet all the ghosts of your past without regret?"

Isa saw the chair and remembered her dreams "Well, I don't think I would have wanted the throne, to be honest... or rather.. it was not my final ambition. There are more infuential places than being on the throne." Somewhat in surprise she turned to Silk "I wouldn't have thought YOU wanted it either."
Galina Faulkland

Galina blinked at the coin with a deadpan face. Considering that Pecunia was the goddess of wealth, it would appear that Pan wasn't the only one who was bounced by the bullocks by this punk... she didn't even bother to pick the coin up. She smiled and shrugged, knowing that the Caesar was only mortal. The problem would be that she would have to dance on glass in order to get this done and done well.

... She had an excuse to study law and the court since the Caesar had requested a rewrite and approval before returning to petition for the plan she had. Assassins were a tricky lot to defend against... subterfuge would definately be the Caesar's forte'. Guards, assassins... definately some mages.

It would take a couple of yahren to get the funds, clout, and experience needed. No doubt she already got the Caesar's attention... which means he will be watching her. No matter! Let him think she was his best friend in the realm of building up his military... all that she needed was a lot of help from the right people. The Caesar would no doubt cull the idiots of his enemies, which would leave only the smartest opponents available... which why she would side with him in the beginning... heck, even give him the tools to take out his enemies... but the smart ones would see beyond even her tricks, and those were the allies to make.

Taking her scroll, she smiled, and headed back outside to her carriage to return to her workshop. Surely her dear Lord Varesh would allow her to use the Library in order to study up on law!

((Fin for me, unless there is more scary stuff about to happen))
Silk

Post by Silk »

(OOC: no, ma'am! Just more scenes of "get to know your local Tyrant" for those that choose to pick his brain ;))

"Well, we're not so perfect after all, are we?" drolled Silk, who had recovered quickly. "And how, pray tell, could you possibly know what I want? You, on the other hand..." Silk advanced and paced around the dead panling with leering attention "...you were an open book. Oh, it was dreadfully clear what you wanted, and therefore dreadfully overdue for you to die, too. After all, my dear daughter...all of those in the Circles of Seven are now dead. And yes..." Silk stopped and leaned in towards Isabella menacingly "...that does make me happy."

Stepping away quickly, Silk stalked back to his throne and then paused. Turning back, he considered Isabella with a sharp look in his eye. "It's curious, my dear, that the first great enemy I defeated to secure the future of the Empire...was you. Well...you and your friends, of course...if that's what you call them. My goal? My goal has always been the same. To Protect the Empire that I helped to build...and to see it survive. And what must it survive?" he smiled a knowing grin. "Demons grow from Panlings. Wars grow from Oneists. These are just...opponents to be controlled, and control them I have. But the real danger our Empire faced was the sickening weakness of Caesar Anochrim. Such a snivelling idiot! And so easily fucked into submission! Well, I'm the Caesar now, and I'm afraid there will be no fucking to break MY Empire."

"And you. You could have sat beside me. I would have welcomed you there..." Silk nodded up to the high throne. "Being my daughter is neither here nor there...I've left bastards all over this damned world...but you might have been better. And would you have been a better ruler? I've...had this discussion before, when I lost Muchislie. Pan took the country from me because in all his passionate glory he was SHIT for a ruler and he didn't like my methods! Left to Him and his followers, we'd all be shackled to the ONE GOD by now! And I don't have to guess Isabella...because he won't be taking away my crown NOW. He KNOWS now what I couldn't show him then...that Leadership and Rulership comes from HERE!" Silk tapped a finger to his temple. "Not from here..." a tap to his heart "...or from here..." a tap to his crotch. "So NOW who's on the high seat? Who saved the Empire, Dear, DEAR daughter?"

"So I have an idea. Let's just see what kind of ruler you would have been, shall we? Get your ass...ON this throne..." Silk pointed to Isabella and then the high seat quickly, his movements leaving little room for error and commanding the guards around Isabella to come to attention once more. "We're going to play a little game, my dear daughter. You'll be Caesari...ruler of the WORLD...for the next few moments. And we'll bring in...oh...perhaps three of the next petitioners. I'll pick one of them...and you'll hear his petition and you'll rule him. But there's a catch to this, Isabella..." Silk smiled at her not unlike a wolf. "You must act AS CAESARI! EVERYTHING you decide upon that throne is for The Good of the Empire, and for the Protection of her Citizens! They won't love you for it...they'll spit on you and despise you and mock you and covet your power...but YOU are the force behind the collected power of the world, and your decisions carry the greatest of responsibilities. Every single choice you make will benefit some...and hurt others. You will never appeal to everyone, and you must always be mindful of the enemy within, or the insurrectionist...the enemy without, or the Oneist...and the enemy beyond, which is the Demon. Now ascend, Caesari, and let's see how well you do at holding the ultimate power."

"Master Seneschal! You will collect the next THREE citizens in the petitioner's line, and you will bring them before Caesari Isabella AT ONCE!" demanded Silk as he stepped back into the shadows away from Elaine and Ashtallion, his form instantly swallowed by the shadows.<hr>The seneschals were instantly in motion. Finishing Ahren and Zaure, they checked over Ulder for weapons as well before they sent all three...petitioner or not...into the throne room. "You three! Enter now! Do not stray from the lighted path, and do not approach the throne at your own peril," cautioned the red-robed, black-faced creatures, each stepping aside to allow the group to enter.
Isabella Florentina

Silk seemed to challenge all she knew and loved, no matter he was her father. Isa glared at him with passion "Such a limited view you have of what is good." He had been marked, long ago. Marked to her, but also to other panlings. Pan had always considered Silk a threat. The difference between you and me, dear papa, is that I know this isn't the future, only your dream. I wonder what answers I bring to YOUR questions..

Isabella fixed her dark eyes on Silk. A dare. Who was she to not take up a dare? "Very well," she murmurred and walked up the throne most elegantly, sitting herself, "I shall not do the things you'll like, but then.. you shouldn't have supported me should you?"
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Fuming, Ulder allowed the shadow guards to take his weapons. He cared little for such things, and he knew deep down that if he truly needed them, he would kill them to get them back. That part of his Purple Guard training was so ingrained and drilled into him, that it was part of his instincts now. It was no longer a thought he needed to make, it simply was part of him. Killing was as natural and instinctual for him as breathing.

The Emperor's words were a mere buzzing noise in in his ears. How the man loved to rant and rave about the things that he considered important. How he loved to boast about his conquests. Ulder found it all vulgar and crass and loathsome. His mind wanted him to scream for the man to just shut up, but silence was one of his weapons right now. There would be eyes on him, watching, wondering. He wanted them to wonder about what he was going to do right up until the flicker he decided to do it.

Then the rules of the game changed right in front of him. The Emperor announced that Isabella would be Empress now. It was perfect. This was even better than expected. Ulder had been known for his tactical mind and keen instincts, and the imperceptible shift in his plan made his head swim as he envisioned it. It was simply too perfect, and that fact alone made him uneasy. Nothing should be this easy. Nothing like this anyway.

He shuffled in behind Ahren and Zaure. Anochrim's lover and Elaine's lost friend were the perfect allies in his quest now. Their ghosts would were serve as the perfect opening salvo in his fight here and now. He knew without question that he could use them to achieve his goal. Ever the dutiful soldier, he stood off to the side and waited to be addressed. Etiquette and protocol demanded that he only speak when spoken to. So he stood and waited. Patiently awaiting for the... Empress... to finish with those in front of him. Still as a frozen pond, silent as a snowflake falling to the earth, lying in wait like a tiger about to strike.
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]

Post by Guest »

Zaure had to be dragged into the Audition room. He had never wanted to be here, not when they were not serving alcohol. They didn't look as if they were going to enjoy a good song either. The young adhiel stood behind Ahren with a great scowl on his face like a petulant young boy. He peeked from behind Ahren's back at the dark presence that was the true Tyrant. What trickery was this?

Ahren walked over to the Ceasari, stopping at the appropriate distance and gave a flowery bow. He looked for a moment at Silk, a smirk on his face. "Your Highness," he told his former lover, his friend "I demand justice. For Anochrim, who has been abused on the throne till he died from despair, for myself who was kidnapped from my royal lovers side and thus prevented from a divine task to heal, for Zaure whose only sin was to have faith in Pan, for all Panlings and Roses that were send into hiding and must hide, for Larbeido the Rose Guildmaster who was brutally murdered. I will have the heads of those responsible and drink their blood in my cup."

Post by Guest »

"Ah, here's a nice trio of petitioners to see the Caesari," murmured Silk as Ahren, Zaure, and Ulder were brought forward. Didn't I kill ALL of them? Why, I think I did! Let's see if Isabella will do the same? "Very well, you will take the petition of....the tall gentlemen...Captain Synkaaros," he offered, ignoring the other two. After all, the Captain had at least held some kind of respectability in the city, unlike the other two vermin. "Hear his petition...and make your decree. And I will judge you...and them...based on your decree, Caesari Isabella. But remember what I said, my dear...lead from your mind. Your heart or your tits just won't save the Empire despite your dearest hopes..." he declared, waving towards the Master Seneschal.

The Master Seneschal did indeed point to Ulder. "Come forward and state your petition, sir..." he demanded, motioning such that he could come a few paces closer to the towering, iron throne. Behind in the darkness, Silk slid over near to Elaine and Ashtallion. "I think I've found the great hatred at last, my dear," he said quietly, where the petitioners could not hear. "Captain Synkaaros must hold this great disregard for me. Hahahaha...the insurrectionist murderer hardly knew what had happened that infamous day he was ruined..."
Isabella Florentina

Isabella was almost grateful to Silk for calling forth Ulder. To answer Ahren's challenge would mean many uncomfortable thruths about her own past or that of her darkest lover would be revealed, something she had no wish for. After all.. had not Andolin assisted in the kidnapping of Ahren to keep his position at court intact? Had not Isabella goated her lover to kill Larbeido, which he had done by betraying the man to Silk? Had they not both schemed to control Anochrim and his intended in order to advance themselves and thus contributed to the mans unhappiness? I am lucky it is not Marius de Winter who stands here to demand justice.

She gave an imperial smile "Very well father, I will humor you. However, I am not some queer adhiel, and I will not be guided by your hand. Go hide in your shadows.. you are good at that. Come forth captain Ulder. I will hear your petition."
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

The situation kept changing as smooth as a well written song. With Silk as the orchestrator Elaine's trained ear and mind could only applaud the man's moves. It was brilliant in it's practiced impulsiveness. Of course he would time this as the source of the threat she perceived neared.

Of course he knew it was Ulder. Silks voice so close to her ear sent shivers down her spine. "Yes..." She admitted. It was no use lying right now. "You are right. It is him..."

Murderer? Look who's talking!

The young Achadhiel kept her peace, staying close to Ashtallion. Silk might hold the power, she knew that together the mage and she might be able to raise quite a ruckus when needed.

Her attention went out to the happenings before the throne. Ulder...returned...She wished to finish what they had started so long ago. There had been so little time for anything to grow out of the incredible explosion of feelings. And now he was here with a petition which would undoubtedly involve some kind of ploy to get back at Silk.

If only I'd known...I might have...No.

Elaine knew that this was not anyone's moment but Ulders and stepped in to listen.
There is so much to see, yet so few willing to.
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

He stared at the 'Empress' cooly before stepping forth. She was indeed a beautiful woman. She had made a beautiful corpse too. Ulder remembered standing over her body vividly. Her face had been serene and calm, in stark contrast to the violence of the scene. He remembered feeling sad that she had perished. Melancholy over another senseless death inside the cool marble walls of the Citadel. None of that remorse was with him now, only cold fury. With the barest flicker of a glance over at the Emperor, he paused before speaking. The terrible wrath and awful fury now rose up in the room for all who could sense it. This was his moment, and he had waited far too long for this day to come.

"Empress Florentina, my petition, like me, is simple. I have sworn my life for this Empire. I have defended it from enemies both large and small. I took an oath to defend and protect the citizens of the Empire, and I have lived according to that code in every action I've ever taken since a Purple tabard was placed over my head. This... new regime... has no place for me, and I do not want any part of it. I have come for one purpose and one purpose only."

"There is one here kept against their will. A slave. My petition is to set them free. I offer no barter. I make no deal. I come to demand justice and freedom for this person, and I'm prepared to war if my petition is not granted."

His eyes stared past the Empress now, locked on a figure behind the throne.

"Elaine comes with me or everyone in this room dies."
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]
Isabella Florentina

Isabella listened with an face of ice to the captains calm claim. Something was wrong. Why would Elaine be here in this room if it was against her will? Was she being blackmailed? Then his imperious demand would not help. Besides which.. was it up to Captain Ulder to decide with whom she would go? "Captain Ulder, your service to the Empire is acknowledged. However, you will have to forgive me that I cannot go along with your presumption that Miss Bannon is held against her will, nor that she may willingly go with you from this room. All citizens of the Empire are free, of course, and so is Ms. Elaine Bannon. I will therefor give Elaine Bannon, by my right as the Ceasari of the Seven Isles the right to choose."

Isa leaned over her throne, into the shadows where Ashtallion and Elaine were hiding "What say you, miss Bannon? Are you held against your will? Will you go with captain Ulder? Or have you perchance chosen to serve your empire as advisor?"
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion maintained a cold and expressionless face, yet his insides coiled and tumbled in turmoil, his feelings evident in the glittering gold eyes that watched everything and everyone they could. As Elaine kept close to him, so too did he stay close to her. The achadhiel was unknown to him, but it was soothing presence, and her power was evident even to the mage.

The black robes lay perfectly still over his body, not a fold moving as he kept his hand in the folds of his sleeves, standing as though carved of marble. Like Elaine, he was ready to react, his own magic bubbling beneath the surface, spells of fire and binding, weavings pictured in his mind incase he needed them.

Serve your Empire as advisor...

Those words rung in his mind profoundly. What exactly was he doing there? Never mind anyone else. A mage of little reknown and power and experience, standing in the shadows of the Throne of the Empire. A grim picture was painted in his head.

Post by Guest »

Zarias decided now was the time to move forward, gently wrapping magiks round himself he began to float a small distance off the ground, and allowed his rage to materialise outside him sending little wisps of dark energy about his body. The black goo dripped from his pores and still pooled. And like this he floated before the guards to Silk's chamber, he had been speaking to the wraiths that inhabited this place, now let him speak with a being that had wandered with a purpose. And in the twisting language of demons he spoke, "Will not the tyrant of the isles see that which he does not control?" The words would slip into the room like serpents and wrap themselves about him, daring him to listen.
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Ulder stepped forward and spoke. There was a lot she could expect from the man who had felt so strongly about duty in life. The threat to go to war was quite expected, yet the next flicker she felt his eyes lock onto her and he spoke the sentence which stilled her breath.

"Elaine comes with me or everyone in this room dies."

She gasped. Her heart jumped up and down in a crazed rhythm. A slave? Was she a slave here? Caught in the Citadel, yes, certainly. Hiding in the palace because of those that would see her dead, absolutely.

A slave? Maybe to my fears...The blind Achadhiel admitted, shame rising. Mother of all, I have been stuck here...Afraid to go outside without the protection of the Caesar, pledged behind his throne.

Isabella spoke and the words came crashing down on her like the waves of the sea. Relief! She was not being stopped! The choice was hers and it was so easily made. With Ulder at her side the woman need not fear anything. Together they stood strong.

A smile lit up her face after all those yahren. "I was not held by any other person than myself, Caesari. The words spoken here have opened doors I long thought closed. I will gladly go with Captain Ulder. My service here has always been to the Citadel, no matter who was on the throne. The Citadel is well on her way to recovery. I hope to do the same myself now."

With those words she stepped away from the man who was responsible for Zaure's death, the man who had granted her safety in a city filled with deadly traps.

Shortly she turned to Ashtallion: "Let's not stay blind to what goes on inside of us after we've turned all our attention outward. Ask yourself: what is it you wish?"

"Nobody needs to die on my account, Captain." She addressed Ulder with a radiant smile. "I will come with you, gladly!" The woman waved her wooden staff -the one she carved after that dreadful night in the dungeons- to and fro, her other hand extended to catch Ulder's somewhere in her steps.
There is so much to see, yet so few willing to.
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Return to “Erulzat Archives”